47: Head Pat

CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN.

It was a normal Thursday night. Jihyuck had done revising with Donghyuck's notes so she texted him that she'll drop by his apartment and return it. The man then brought her (by force) to a restaurant for dinner.

Her fingers drummed, getting bored as they waited for their food. "You know what?" she suddenly said, trying to earn his attention.

"What?" he replied without taking his eyes off his phone.

"Your handwriting is very ugly."

He looked up with a straight face. "And?"

"I'm just saying." She shrugged her shoulders.

A sigh escaped from his mouth. "Why do I need to have nice handwriting? We study Accounting."

"Still! People need to read your justification," she argued.

"That's not my problem."

"Man, what do I do with you?" she shook her head at his attitude. "By the way, what would guys love to receive from a girl friend? It's my friend's birthday soon."

He raised a brow as he set his phone on the table. "Is it Mark's birthday?"

She shook her head. "My other friend."

"It's not Jaemin's right?"

Her brows furrowed. "My other friend," she emphasized. "Just answer the damn question. Is it that hard?"

"Do you have any guy friends besides Mark and Jaemin—"

"Donghyuck, I'm going to throw this fork at you."

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry," he laughed. "Wait, let me think for a moment."

He hummed. "Most guys love games so maybe buy them skins in their wishlist?"

She sighed. "Bro, I'm not going to waste my money on games. Is there something else?"

"I don't know, Hyuck." He crossed his arms, taking off the black cap he had on his head.

Jihyuck's eyes twitched as he ran a hand through his black hair. The dim lighting that was illuminating his face only amplified her dilemma.

"What's wrong?"

"Huh?" she panicked. "What do you mean?"

"Is there something on my face?"

"Yeah—no?"

He frowned. "Are you alright?"

"Yes, I'm alright. Of course." She must be crazy because the sentence 'you look fine' almost slipped out of her mouth a few seconds ago. Her toes curled, and she wanted to bang her head on the wall.

"Did you see the couple on Neotech website?" he asked, breaking the sudden awkward silence.

"Which one?"

"Our senior who proposed to this girl after a baseball game."

"Oh, I did." She threw a piece of fries inside her mouth. "What about it?"