05: Shouldn't Have Met You

CHAPTER FIVE.

Jihyuck screamed internally when her class finally ended. The only thing she could see right now was her bed and she was sure it was the same for her other classmates as well. They kept glancing at their watches.

Without wasting time, she packed her laptop and stationery in her bag.

"Ji, your house isn't going anywhere," Jaemin chuckled as he packed his stuff.

"Shut up, Jaemin. I desperately need to sleep right now," she snapped.

Ensuring she left nothing on her desk, she quickly zipped her bag and slid her arms into the straps as her eyes glued to the floor.

Jihyuck was about to take a step forward but she took a few steps back instead. "Aw!" she frowned, rubbing her nose. And as if bumping into someone was not enough, she lifted her head to see the person but she knocked his jaw, causing a low groan to emit from his mouth this time.

Jaemin only stood behind Jihyuck, watching those two with a genuine smile tugged at his lips.

"Fuck, Jihyuck!" he said breathily.

She looked at him in disbelief. "Me?" she pointed a finger at herself. "Why the hell did you stand there of all places?"

Jaemin quickly approached Jihyuck and pulled her back. "Breathe, Ji."

"I can stand wherever I want," Donghyuck replied arrogantly.

She snickered, slightly cocking her head to the side. "Jaemin, don't fucking hold me back."

"What are you planning to—"

"I'm going to punch him."

"Jihyuck, don't—"

Unfortunately, before Jaemin could finish his sentence, his enraged friend already marched towards Donghyuck with her fingers balled into a fist.

Jaemin shut his eyes tightly.

But there was no shouting, no groaning.

He slowly opened his eyes.

"You really think you can hit someone taller than you," Donghyuck rolled his eyes.

"Let me go," she tried to pull her hand but his grip around her wrist only tightened. "Donghyuck, let me go," she repeated, her voice deepened.

Jihyuck could feel her blood boiling when he completely ignored her as if she wasn't there. He looked past her shoulder instead. "Jaemin, can I take your friend?"

"No," Jihyuck said sternly.

"For what?"

She snapped her head to Jaemin.

"To finally close this case," Donghyuck answered. His fingers still wrapped around her small wrist but he held it down to his side now.

Jaemin's mouth shaped into an 'O'.

"Jaemin, no—"

"Okay. Take care of her. No violence, Donghyuck," Jaemin beamed, rolling his shoulders as if it wasn't a big deal to him. It indeed was not to him, but it was to Jihyuck.