13: Uncontrollable

CHAPTER THIRTEEN.

Donghyuck kept spacing out throughout their practice session. That one particular scene from yesterday kept playing inside his head against his will.

He successfully shoved her into the car.

He went to the other side and entered the car.

"I hate you so much, Donghyuck."

He didn't reply. He stepped on the accelerator and began driving through the road, heading straight to her house.

Assuming that she had regained her composure, he decided to start a conversation. "You were fine with riding my car when we came here. Why are you acting like this now?"

"Like what?" she said, rough and cold.

"Leaving like that out of the blue?"

"That was before the conversation we had."

He raised his brows, not understanding what she meant by that.

Was she hurt by what he said? When the guilt slowly crept in, he quickly brushed it off. No, she too, often threw hurtful words at him so why did he have to feel bad?

"Spill, Donghyuck," Jaemin said, pulling him back to reality. He sat down on the ground, joining his friend.

"Spill what?" he ran his hands through his hair, attempting to fix it.

"Something is bothering you."

"No?" Donghyuck disguised it with a frown.

"Yes, there is," Jaemin didn't give up.

"There isn't."

"There is."

"No, there isn't."

"Don't lie to me, Donghyuck."

"Jaemin, I know myself better," he rolled his eyes.

"No, you don't," Jaemin shook his forefinger in front of his face.

Jeno tossed water bottles to Donghyuck and Jaemin. He twisted the cap before he occupied the empty spot next to Donghyuck. "Today's practice was boring without Jaehyun," he said before he chugged the plain water.

"Fact," Jaemin seconded.

"You okay?" Jeno nudged Donghyuck.

"Yes?" he furrowed his brows. Why was everyone asking him that? He was fine and healthy. Nothing bothered him, not at all.

"Donghyuck," Jaemin called, making the boy turn his head at him. "You're so bad at lying."

"Oh, shut up," he shoved him away.

"So, what did you guys fight for yesterday?" Jeno asked casually.

"Who fought whom?" Jaemin instantly leaned in, intrigued.