12: Hypocrisy

CHAPTER TWELVE.

Jihyuck shut her eyes and inhaled a deep breath to calm herself. This was why she refused to work with Donghyuck. They could hardly have a conversation without cursing at each other.

"Mark!" she raised her hand in the air.

Mark, who was across from her in the hallway waved at her.

"Is everything okay?" Mark asked.

"Have you seen Donghyuck?"

"No?"

"This bitch," she grumbled, annoyed.

"But I think he might be at the basketball court," Mark said.

Jihyuck raised her brows. "Basketball court?"

"He's on the basketball team with Jeno, right?"

"I guess so?"

"Jeno told me he has a practice today."

"I see," Jihyuck nodded. She smiled. "Then, I'll see you tomorrow!"

As she was nearby the basketball court, she squinted her eyes, trying to find her rival. Indeed, there was a practice. The court was filled with men running and bumping into one another.

When she got closer to the area, she easily found her twin. She wanted to call him and ask if he had seen Donghyuck but that would bring unnecessary attention.

As she contemplated, the boy she was looking for had found her first.

"Jeno, why is your twin here?" Donghyuck said as he tried to catch up with his breathing.

Jeno turned his head and furrowed his brows. "Ji?"

Great.

Now everyone was looking at her. She stretched her lips, attempting to give them a warm smile. "Hi?" she laughed. "Oh, don't mind me, I'm just—I don't know. What am I—" she tended to ramble whenever she was nervous.

"Continue without me," Donghyuck said, earning nods from his teammates.

He dabbed his forehead with the back of his hand. "I doubt you're here to see me, right?" he questioned.

"I'd love to agree with you but I can't."

Donghyuck's brows lifted. "You're really here for me?"

She grimaced at his choice of words. "It's not like I'm happy to be here either, please," she waved her hand. "So, you really forgot," she crossed her arms.

"About what?" he pulled his damp hair back.

If it wasn't Donghyuck, she would've fallen to the ground because that was—hot. Sweat coating on his forehead and his slightly long hair dangled loosely.

She gulped. Pull yourself together, weak bitch. "We're supposed to start our project, Donghyuck."

"What project?"