09: The Look In His Eyes

CHAPTER NINE.

Surprisingly, Jihyuck had the best sleep for the first time this year—and it was in Donghyuck's room, on his bed to be precise.

Perhaps it was the vanilla candle he lit up yesterday, or it could be the flowery smell from his pillowcases. It helped her sleep better. And obviously, Donghyuck didn't need to know that.

Getting enough sleep, she woke up without feeling grumpy this morning. She took her time showering and even washed her hair. She used Donghyuck's shampoo, which she hoped he didn't mind. It smelled sweet like a raspberry.

Surprise, surprise. Donghyuck seemed to have a good nose.

She put on black leggings and a sports bra because she thought no one would come in at this time. It was only 8 am. She sat on his bed to apply her skincare and that was when the owner of the room pushed the door open without knocking beforehand.

It was awkward.

She gawked at him and he seemed to take his time, registering the situation ahead of him.

When he was fully awake, he instantly turned around. "Ji fucking Hyuck!"

"What?" she muttered.

"Where do you think you are? Why are you not wearing your damn shirt?!"

She huffed, "You're acting as if you don't like the view, Donghyuck."

She heard him snickered. "There's nothing to look at."

Lie.

She wasn't built like Kim Kardashian but it definitely captivated Donghyuck's eyes. He felt his mouth dry up against his will. 

"You can turn around," she said vaguely after putting a grey sweater over her body. As if nothing happened, she continued with her usual skincare routine.

He slowly spun around and opened his eyes. A sigh of relief emitted from his mouth. He walked into his walk-in closet. "Why are you awake this early?" he asked.

"I slept well yesterday," she answered. She raised her head, watching him trying to pick an outfit. "Are you going out?"

The brown-haired man sighed. "Mother told me to pick up this and that at the grocery store."

"Didn't we buy enough yesterday?"

He came out with black basketball shorts and a plain white shirt, just like the one he was wearing right now. Not like Jihyuck paid attention to his outfit but he seemed to love wearing a plain white shirt at home, at informal events.

"Dad forgot to buy charcoal for barbecue," he shrugged his shoulders.

A slow creak from the door made them turn their head in unison.

"Good morning, my Hyucks," she greeted with a warm smile occupying her lips.

"Good morning, mother," Jihyuck politely replied.

"Hm, morning, mom," Donghyuck ruffled his already messy hair.

"Did you have a good sleep?" Mrs. Lee asked, looking at Jihyuck. "It must be uncomfortable to sleep in someone else's bed. But the guest room was bigger so I had to give them to the boys."