Dépaysement (h.s)

By complicatedfr3aks

Delilah Lavigne is the owner of the tattoo shop Caim. Her life was anything but simple growing up and once sh... More

oo
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83

47

360 7 9
By complicatedfr3aks

Double update! Read chapter 46 before this one!

Delilah Lavigne

"Delilah! Wake up!"

Am I dreaming?

"Please wake up!" My body starts shaking as a faint voice calls out to me.

"Damnit Delilah come on!" One last shake to my body and I open my eyes, I'm only met with darkness.

"Delilah? Are you awake?!" Jades voice calls out to me.

"Jade?!" I sit up from an uncomfortable position, "Oh thank god, I've been trying to wake you for twenty minutes." Her body meets mine and she engulfs me in a tight hug.

"Where the hell are we?" I rub my eyes and can smell chemicals on my nose so I rub it to rid of the god awful smell, "I don't know. When I woke up I was next to you on the floor. The only light is coming from that door over there." I squint my eyes and look for a door, I find one behind me and see light shining through the bottom of it.

I start to breathe heavily, "Jade, someone took us. I-I remember."

"What?! I don't remember anything past you coming back out of the bathroom with Harry." Her words come out all jumbled.

"You don't remember that girl? The one who was on the floor bleeding." I try to piece together her memory.

"N-No what happened?" I reach for her hand in the darkness knowing that she's scared, hell I'm fucking scared too.

"You said you heard a scream and we saw a girl lying on the floor below us, the guys went to help her and the next thing I knew someone grabbed me and held something up to my nose and when I looked down you were on the floor already."

She sighs and holds my hand tighter, "Who the hell did this? And why us?"

"I might have an idea." I mutter and scoot myself to lean against a wall beside Jade, I think these floors are concrete because they are hard as hell.

"God I'm so cold." Her voice starts shaking, she's only in my dress with tights and I'm in a mesh top with uncomfortable jeans.

"Wait, do the guys even know we're gone? How long has it been?" She gets worried, "I don't know, I assume they'd know since we were unconscious for god knows how long. They have to be looking for us."

"Do you have your phone on you?" I ask her, "No I left it in my purse at the club." She sighs.

I pull mine out of my back pocket and try turning it on. There is no service down here so it doesn't even let me access anything.

I stand up from the floor and guide myself in the darkness to walk over to the door. I feel around for a handle and my hand finally lands on one. I pull it down but it's doesn't open, it's locked.

"Dammit!" I hit my hand against it, "I already tried." Jade says.

Someone is out there. The same person who took us.

"Hey! Let us out of here!" I bang on the door repeatedly while shouting.

Jade joins me and we both call out for help.

"Wait shut up." She tells me and I put my ear against the door. Footsteps start getting closer, "Someone's coming, back up." I grab her by the arm and we walk backwards while still facing the door.

A key gets entered into the door and it opens, the light blinds my eyes so I shield them with my hand to adjust, I look back up and see a figure.

"Finally, you're awake." A voice speaks.

"Who are you? And where the fuck are we?!" I ask.

"Damn. You're feisty yet again." The voice is deep, it's a man.

Why did he say again?

"I swear to god if you don't let us out of here I will—"

"You'll what?" He cuts me off, "Kill me? Come on darling, try it." He holds his arms out and waves his hands, "Answer my question asshole." I get impatient.

He walks into the room and up to me, I look at him in the darkness and see his arm reach above him, I hear a click and a light turns on.

"How the hell did we not think to look for a light?" Jade says under her breath beside me.

Now I see his face.

"Hi pretty thing." He smiles at me.

"Enzo." I look up at him in disgust. I should've known.

"You know him?" Jade asks and I look at her, "He used to work with my ex boyfriend who is dead now." She arches her eyebrows and forms an O with her mouth.

"Yeah I saw that on the news. Died in a house fire, right?" He points his finger at me with squinted eyes acting like he doesn't know what actually happened, "Yeah, a house fire. Very sad." I pretend to feel sorry.

"Anyways, I'm glad you're awake. Now we can talk." He walks out of the room and comes back in with two chairs, he walks out again and brings in another one, setting two up beside each other and one across from them. He sits in the one and points to the others, "Please, have a seat."

Jade and I sit in the ones across from him and I cross my arms, "Mind explaining what the hell we're doing here?"

"I had you brought here for a reason, which we will get to. But first let's talk about who I am." He sits comfortably in his chair.

I scoff, "Please, enlighten me."

"I work with an organized group called The Turatello Crew.

"Turatello? As in Francis Turatello?" The name rings a bell from the time Harry went through all the famous Italian groups still working actively.

He smiles, "Exactly. He started this group way back when. Obviously he is no longer with us and that was in Italy meaning it's even bigger now than it was."

"Okay—what does that have to do with why we are here?" I get impatient.

"I'm getting there. With this group, we are looked up to by many others. Whether it's other gangs or even mafias, we work very well and very quietly under the radar. Literally." He waves his head back and forth while looking at the ground, "Wait, when you say that do you mean we are—"

"Underground? Yes." He grins.

Jade clings to my arm, "Just get to the goddamn point."

"I need your help with something." He points to me.

I furrow my eyebrows and look at Jade who is shaking, "What about her? Why is she here if you need me?"

"She was with you. Couldn't capture you without her seeing. So, she will help too."

"No. I'm not helping you with dog shit unless you let her go," Jade sits up, "Delilah it's okay, I'm not leaving you."

"Problem solved!" Enzo holds his arms out, "We are going to make a deal and then you can be on your merry way."

I lean back in my seat and glare at him, "What's the deal?"

"I can't give too many details, which I'm sorry for, but you two are going to be our spies." He points a finger at both of us, "Spies? On who?" Jade asks.

"Your friends." Enzo says so obviously.

"Why would we do that?"

"Because they have a lot of information on someone and something we have been trying to get our hands on for a long time now. Someone who you, Delilah, are pretty familiar with."

I narrow my eyes and look to the ground trying to figure out who, then I get a thought, "Luca?"

He snaps, "Bingo."

"Why do you need Luca? You know him I saw you there."

"Like I said, family friend. That doesn't mean I like him. He has something we want and have been trying to get for years now, and your friends know what it is and where I can find it. Then, once you get the information you tell me and I take care of the rest."

I hold my hand out, "Let me stop you right there. For one, I'm not spying on my friends. For two, you lied to us. You said you worked under Calum's group. Is this the same thing? Was he the leader?"

He laughs, "That bastard was fucking weak, he could never lead even if he tried. That was all a lie to cover for myself. It was his idea actually, to give you the wrong information and lead you away from the real leader. Everything he told you was a lie and you all fell for it."

Anger courses through my body, "I'm not helping you asshole. Neither is Jade so you can go fuck yourself."

He sighs and stands up, "I thought you would say that. So, time for plan B."

I stand up as well and cross my arms, "Yeah? And what's that?"

Before I can even blink he grabs Jade from beside me and holds her in front of me in his grasp, "Your little friend will die and then you will have no choice but to help me." He takes out a gun from his jacket and holds it up to his head.

She stares at me with wide eyes, "No! Don't hurt her!" I step forward and he presses it tighter against her temple.

I put my hands up in surrender, "Just let her go and we will help you."

He squints his eyes at me, he's thinking about it.

Just keep stalling.

"Swear on it," He says and I furrow my eyebrows, "I said fucking swear on it!" He puts his finger on the trigger, "I swear! Okay?! I swear we will do it just l-let her go."

He takes the gun away from her head and pushes her to me, I grab her and hug her, "Are you okay?" I pull her out by her shoulders as tears fall out of her eyes and she nods.

I look down at Enzo's hand with the gun then back at him, "It's settled. Sit tight, I'll be back."

He rubs his chin and turns around, I slowly step forward after him and reach my hand out for his gun.

I grab ahold of it and pull it from his hands, holding it up in front of me. He turns around sharply with anger filling his face, "Give me the gun Delilah." He holds his hand out and I tilt my head, "I don't think so." I aim for his shoulder and pull the trigger.

He stumbled back and holds his shoulder in pain, "That was a bad move." He charges at me and I aim for his other shoulder but miss, hitting the cement wall behind him.

"Fuck." I mutter while stepping back and trying to pull the trigger again, he grabs me before I get the chance.

I start screaming in his tight hood and thrashing around, "Stop! Let her go!" Jade runs up to him and he pushes her harshly, causing her to fall to the ground on her back.

He carries me out of the room all while I keep screaming for help. He holds his hand to my mouth to mute my screams while carrying me into a separate room.

We enter a different room, this one has a table and a mirror. It looks like an interrogation room.

He sits me down on one of the chairs in front of the table and pulls on my hair, "You really shouldn't have pissed me off." He let's go of my hair and pushes me back into the chair.

He walks out of the room and locks it from the outside, "Fuck!" I yell while trying to catch my breath.

What did I just do?

I start scoping around the room checking if there are any cameras and once I find none I run up to the door and reach into my hair for a bobby pin to pick the lock.

"Come on.." I mutter to myself trying to get it unlocked.

Then something stops my movements.

Jade's scream.

Her scream sounds like she's in pain, I start banging on the doors and screaming for help.

Her screams don't stop.

I back up from the door and put my hands over my ears to drown out to awful noise that pains me.

I hit the wall and fall down to the floor as tears flow down my face. This is all my fault.

The door to the room I'm in starts opening and I open my tired eyes to see a figure, my eyes are blurred from the tears so I start blinking to rid of them, "I'm baaaack." Enzo announces himself.

I stand up and put my hand in front of me, "Stay away from me! What did you do to her?!"

"Who? Oh Jade? She's fine don't get your panties in a twist." He waves his hand as if it's no big deal. He only has a sleeveless shirt on with a bandage over his shoulder.

"I swear to god if you hurt her I will fucking kill you with my bare hands."

He snickers, "You? Kill me? Damn you're full of jokes today."

He walks up to the table and points to the chair, "Take a seat, I won't hurt you or her again if you just let me explain."

"So you did touch her?" I cross my arms, refusing to move from my spot.

He sighs, "She lunged at one of my men. We had no choice but to hold her back and calm her down."

I look between him, the open door and the chair. I'm too tired to run and I won't make it out without Jade so I decide to just take a seat.

He sits on top of the table beside me as I look up at him from my seat, "Clearly you won't help me if I tell you nothing about why you're doing what I am asking. So sit back and relax because I'm going to explain a lot of things that you never saw coming."

I take a deep breath and lean into my seat while still staring at him, he's looking at the ground as he fiddles with his hands. He's nervous.

"The thing you're looking for information on is a ring. A very important ring."

I pull my head back, "A ring? All of this for some stupid fucking ring?"

He puts his hand out to interrupt, "Let me finish explaining. This ring is very important to me, and your boss has it. He has held it for years now and I've done everything I can to get it back but he refuses. So, I have to take a different route. Which is where you come in."

"And you couldn't just say this in a fucking phone call? Or even an email?" I point out with arched eyebrows.

"No smart ass, I couldn't." He looks at me like what I said what stupid.

"Why would I help you? I can't just spy on my boyfriend or friends."

He arches his eyebrows, "Boyfriend huh? I knew something was going on with you two."

I roll my eyes, "Seriously? That's what you're focusing on?"

"Right, I'm not telling you to spy on them and watch their every movement. You can get information from them that I obviously can't. They trust you. And I know that Luca trusts you because he himself has told me all the great things you've done and he never brags about anyone who works under him."

"Wait Luca talks about me to you? Why? I thought you don't like him."

He drops his head down and grins, "When I said Luca is a family friend, I lied. Think about it Delilah, I want a ring that Luca has kept from me that belongs to someone close to me. Why else would he have that?"

I narrow my eyes and look to the ground to think about what he's insinuating.

My eyes immediately widen when the thought fills my mind, I lift my head back up to him and he starts smiling, knowing that I figured it out.

"You're related to him. He's your father, isn't he?"

His smile grows, "Bingo."

I audibly gasp, "Luca has a son? You're Luca's son?! This is impossible, nobody has told me that and I think that's something I would know."

"Because nobody knows. My father is a very private man, what you see and know is what he wants you to. He holds back information for a reason. You are the only person that knows this which is why you have to keep your mouth shut about it. He doesn't know what I'm planning and that you are apart of it. I'm trusting you Delilah."

"Why are you telling me of all people?"

"Because you are going to help me whether you like it or not."

"And if I don't?" I argue.

"Well, I'll kill your boyfriend and friends, along with Jade. And I really don't want to do that." He shakes his head.

My lips part in shock. I have absolutely no choice now. I have to withhold information from Harry, I can't lie to him. I'm a very good liar but not when it comes to Harry.

"Do we have a deal?" He holds out his hand for me to shake and I stare at it in disbelief.

I look back up at him and he has arched eyebrows, "This ring. Who did it belong to?" I ask before doing anything else.

He takes a deep breath, "It belonged to my mother."

"And your mother no longer has it because..."

"Because she's dead." He answers before I get it out.

I can't exactly decipher his emotions right now. He looks regretful and guilty like he doesn't want me to do this but he has no choice to. But he also looks hungry for power and he is holding it over me.

"Fine. I'll do it," he smiles and I stand up, "But...Jade has no part of this. You are going to make sure that she is free from anything that includes this and that nobody knows about her involvements today. I will help as long as she has nothing to do with it."

He holds his hand back out, "Deal." I shake his hand. It's final, no turning back.

"I'm sorry for my actions today. I'm not here to hurt you Delilah. If you help me in this, I will help you as well."

"Help me? With what?" I get confused. I don't need help with anything.

"I can cut you free from the mafia my father has you involved in. You and your friends. Obviously it comes with repercussions that will effect all of us but if you all work with me on certain things, I will make sure your whereabouts are never known and you can consider yourselves free."

I stare at him in disbelief. Can he really do that? Setting us free from Luca just seems like you're asking to be killed.

He walks me out of the room and into a hallway, leaning me back to Jade. He opens her door and she sits up from the action, "Oh thank god." She stands up and runs into my arms.

"I'm so sorry." I keep repeating into her shoulder and she hugs me tighter, "Don't be sorry. None of this is your fault. I'm just glad we're both okay."

We pull apart and I see blood dripping on her cheek, "What is this?" I turn to Enzo, "You said you didn't hurt her!"

He holds his hands up in surrender, "I said I had to calm her down somehow."

"I'm okay." Jade reassured me and I nod, still holding onto her arm.

"Alright, let's get you out of here." Enzo speaks and Jade looks at me confused, "It's alright. I'll explain later."

He leads us out of the room and down a narrow cemented hallway with dim lights. "Where are we anyways?" Jade looks around the area, "Like I said, underground." Enzo answers.

Enzo opens a door at the end of the hallway that reveals a set of stairs going upwards.

I hear a noise come from behind me and I turn my head to see someone walking the opposite way down the same hallway we are on.

I narrow my eyes to get a better look and recognize their back profile, "Is that—"

"Are you coming or not?" Enzo cuts me off as he stands at the middle of the stairs.

I look back behind me and don't see them anymore. I probably just imagined it. It's impossible that it was who I'm thinking.

Jade and I walk up the stairs side by side, clinging onto each other. Enzo opens a steel door that opens to a room. "Is this a house?" I ask. It looks like a cabin.

"Yep." He answers shortly and opens the front door, "Alright, you're good to go." He holds his arm out and Jade walks out first, "Wait, let me give you something." He directs to me.

I turn to Jade, "Go ahead, try to find signal." I hand her my phone and she hesitantly agrees.

He pulls out a phone from his back pocket, "This is for you. This is how you will contact me." I narrow my eyes at him but accept it.

"I'm still not sorry for shooting you." I smugly smirk, "Pleasure doing business with you." I sarcastically say and salute him while walking backwards, mimicking what he did to us at the house him and Calum had.

He nods at me with a smile and I turn around and leave without looking back.

I run up to Jade, "Any luck?" She sighs holding up my phone, "Nope. How the hell are we gonna get back?"

"I guess just keep walking until we find a street."

We walk through the woods surrounding the house and hope we are in the right direction.

"So what did he say to you when he took you to a different room?" Jade speaks up after minutes of silence.

"He tried to make a deal with me and I declined." I say simply.

She looks at me with an expression saying bullshit, "And he just let us go? I find it hard to believe that." We continue walking through sticks and leaves.

I shrug, "He won't do anything. I know him, we met a while ago when he was working with my ex boyfriend and he has nothing to hold over me. I told him to figure it out himself and he gave up trying." I lie.

"Damn." She expresses and we continue on our journey in the dark.

Jade grabs my arm, "Did you hear that?"

We stand still trying to listen for a noise, "Hear wha—" a branch crunching halts my question.

We turn around fast and she shines the phone light in front of us.

"Hello?" She calls out as we try to get a better look at the source.

Dark figures start walking up to us in the distance, I hold her arm tighter and back up slowly, "Delilah?!"

Harry.

"It's us! We're over here!" I shout and their running gets louder and faster.

The light shines on their faces once they get close enough and Harry runs up to me. He picks me up and engulfs me in a hug, "Thank fucking god, are you okay?!"

"I'm okay." I assure him and he sets me down.

He leans in and kisses me three times on the lips, "We were so fucking worried. What the hell happened?"

"Can I explain later? I just want to go home."

He furrows his eyebrows but nods slowly, "O-Okay. Come on." He grabs my hand and we all walk back to his car while staying silent.

He won't forgive me easily if I lie to him but I have to do this. If this can assure us getting away from Luca's mafia then I'll do anything I can to keep him and all of the guys safe. I just have to stick it out and all will be fine, right?

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

DUN DUN DUNNNN

also can we talk about the fact that complicated freak was leaked and that's literally my username. i think a thank you is in order for me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74K 520 30
Lacey's life is a disaster. Her dad is abusive, and her mom left when Lacey was two. Now, she is taking care of Elena, her little sister. While takin...
241 24 21
i'm bored and a really good writer GET THIS A WAtty Emerys life has been hard. with her father's disappearance and her mother's abuse, she's never ex...
158K 4.1K 61
He was all seven of the deadly sins Harry Styles, a father of two twin girls, runs the most dangerous, well-known cartel, respected by many. Feeling...
12.9K 344 12
I looked up at him, unsure of what just happened. I saw the blood glistening off of his gold H ring as he pushed my hair out of my face, scanning my...