š„ššŒšˆš“š˜ | šŸšŸ–+

Galing kay Lovergirll217

"Someone's coming, we have to be quick, Enzo." I said, and he swiftly unbuttoned my blouse, revealing my nake... Higit pa

Author's Note
Character Aesthetics
Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
37
38
39
40
41
42
43

36

27.4K 412 122
Galing kay Lovergirll217

Love's POV

I was nervous, I'll admit.

This was a risk I was taking.

I wasn't completely sure, but I had hope that it was really him.

If it wasn't, then I would've learned my lesson the hard way. Don't give into creeps dressed in black dropping fake letters.

The air was cooler than when I first stepped out of the house, and chills ran down my spine just thinking of how tonight will go.

I kept my brothers words in the back of my mind, next to my conscious telling me not to go inside and that it was a terrible idea.

But it's fine, I've been in many worse predicaments.

Though, as a precaution, I kept a knife in my sock. Just in case.

I walked inside, not knowing to expect, and was met with a brush of warmth, welcoming me.

The smell of coffee was strong, but sweet.

A sweet lady welcomed me inside, nodding her head with a smile, and I noticed Lorenzo in the back corner, with what I assumed was a cup of tea in his hands.

He hates coffee.

I timidly walked toward the booth, taking small steps, and looking down at my feet.

Something I never did.

I took the seat in front of him, my back toward the entrance.

My heart was beating faster than I wanted it to, and I had a billion things to say.

The only thing I could get out was a quiet, "why?"

He took a moment to respond. "Why didn't I visit you, or why did I want to meet you here?"

I swallowed the lump in my throat. "Both."

"Love," he started, "I feel like such a shitty human being."

Human being. Ironic choice of words. If he had a heart, he would've been there when it mattered most.

I said nothing, only waited for him to continue.

"I took this time to plan—well, mostly think. About you, and about us." He looked me in the eye. "I don't ever want you to think that me not being there for you was your fault. Love, you're the most kindhearted person I know, and I never want to be the reason for your downfall."

I held back a smile because now definitely wasn't the time.

"I wasn't there for you when you were attacked, but I'm here now."

"How will I know you'll be here for the long run? How do I know you'll be here when things get rough again?"

"You won't. You'll have to trust me."

Trust him?

"I know it's a stretch. These past few weeks have been rough. But I'm hoping to earn back your trust. Starting with whoever hurt you."

I took a moment, then began to speak. "I know who did it."

His movements stopped, and I'm sure he had many thoughts running through his head.

"Before I say anything, I need you to trust me."

He nodded.

"Before everything happened, I was in the restroom." I tried not to tear up thinking of how vulnerable I was. "He said the robbery was a cover, and that his real motive is to hurt you."

"The only way to hurt me is by hurting you."

Enzo took my hand in his across the table.

"He wants me to report everything back to him. All of the information you give me, I give to him."

I could see the anger spread across his face. I could only imagine how he was feeling and the vile things he was thinking.

"Tomorrow, I need you to come somewhere to meet an old acquaintance."

"What?"

"Black tie attire. We'll have to put on a show. Can you do that?"

Hesitant to respond, I nodded my head.

"Remember, trust me, Lovebug. I'll be at your house at 8pm sharp."

We both slid out of the booth, and stood in front of each other. His hands cupped my face, and he stared into my eyes.

"I would burn the world for you, sweet girl."

He placed a gentle, reassuring kiss on my lips, and he walked me to my car.

Once to the door, I got inside, and turned on the engine.

"I would do the same for you, you know."

He smiled, and placed yet another kiss on my lips. "Be safe."

I'm going in blind tomorrow.

The entire next day was hectic.

I was awoken by an extremely unhealthy breakfast, made by my mom, because she insisted I needed a cheat day from my diet.

"Your body should go back to how it was, mija, don't force any new conditions onto it." She said, sitting a side of bacon on the tray that rested in front of me.

"Yeah, ma, but I'm still recovering. I should ease back into my routine."

She smiled. "Of course, but still, eat." She pointed to the food. "I'm headed to run a few errands. Santiago is downstairs."

"Did you tell him to get off of my ass?" I asked, taking a bite of the buttered biscuit.

"Vigila tu idioma, jovencita." She scolded. [watch your language, young lady]

I fought rolling my eyes in response. "Sorry. But I need you to tell him that I'm perfectly capable of handling myself and every situation I'm put in."

She agreed.

"I'm going out tonight."

"Where to?" My mom asked with such curiosity.

I didn't answer. Mostly because I didn't know.

"Or should I ask, with who?"

I took a gulp of orange juice. "Lorenzo."

The rest of the conversation was blocked by the deliciousness of the food I was eating, but it was also set that I keep my location on.

I hoped my family would grow out of needing to know my every move soon.

For the rest of the time the sun was still up, I took as a self care day. I straightened my hair, polished both my nails and toes, thankful for my naturally long nail bed, and picked out an outfit.

Soon enough, six-thirty was approaching, and I only had about an hour and a half to get ready.

I'll admit, I may have went shopping for a new dress, but only to get a change of scenery.

Pulling it out of it's black encasing, the long, black dress went to my feet. It was sparkly and the detailing was much better than I could describe.

It fit me perfectly in every place imaginable. It had two skinny straps, and a very exposed neckline, exposing my collarbones.

I laid it out on my bed, and proceeded to fetch the matching, sheer detailed gloves from my shopping bag.

An hour later, I was finished with my makeup, and had just slipped on my dress.

Explaining to Santi where I was going was challenging, but he and Lina were watching movies on the couch.

I didn't lie to him, even though that would've been easier.

He expressed his concerns, but he trusts me. Which he should.

I put on my heels that added an extra four inches to my height. I was glad Lorenzo had a huge height advantage compared to me.

Doing a once over in the mirror, I walked down the stairs and greeted both Santi and Lina.

Lina ran toward me, probably fascinated by the designs on my dress. She was smiling harder than ever.

"Do you like it, Lina?" I asked, looking down at her.

She nodded her head excitedly, then ran off, toward the television.

"You look beautiful, little sis."

"Thanks."

The doorbell rang before Santiago could say anything more, and I made my way to it.

When I opened the door, I was met with Enzo dressed in one of his finest dark suits, holding a bouquet of Carnations. His hair was perfect, as always, and his neck tattoos peaked through his suit.

The tattoos on his face were much more prominent than usual, which I noticed.

He was looking down at his shoes when I opened the door, and when he looked up, his eyes widened.

"Wow," he said, mesmerized, "you look—" he stumbled upon his words. "You look..." his cheeks began to turn red. With his fair skin, it was noticeable.

I had never seen him this flustered before.

"Thank you," I smiled.

He handed me the flowers. "These are for you, baby."

I offered my hand, taking them. "You didn't have to," I smiled.

"I know. I wanted to,"

I walked away for a brief moment, and returned.

I gave Santiago a reassuring look before walking out to the car with Enzo.

He opened my door, and closed it when I was promptly inside, and drove for about twenty-five minutes before we arrived at a popular casino, only frequented by rich people with everything to lose.

There were rumors crime lords for all around the globe come here for a plethora of reasons.

Cashing unauthorized checks, paying debts, making deals, gambling. You name it.

Before handing the keys to valet, Enzo opened my door, and took my hand in his to let me out.

"So, when will you tell me about this master plan of yours?" I asked, wrapping my hand around his arm.

"Just go with the flow." He grinned.

Moments prior to walking inside, Enzo showed one of the guards a ticket I had never seen before, and he nodded, opening both doors for us.

The flashing lights, low music, and sounds of both winners and losers was foreign to me.

I had never been to a casino before, despite being over twenty-one.

"This is..."

"Different?" He finished for me.

"I was going to say exciting." I smiled, looking around at every dressed in such fancy clothing.

"Let's go get a drink, and then we'll head over to the blackjack table."

I nodded, and followed him over to the open bar.

We ordered drinks, then before I knew it, I was standing behind him as he played.

It was his continuous cycle of winning that made me catch on.

He's counting cards.

Something that isn't illegal, but extremely bad for the gambling industry.

It was exhilarating watching him play.

His focused stance, the cigarette behind his ear that I know he won't smoke, and his hands.

His fucking hands.

About forty-five minutes later, a crowd had been formed around us, and I was sitting on his lap. One of his hands was around my stomach, and the other was on his thigh.

Each time he won, he smiled and planted a kiss on my cheek.

It made me blush. Feeling like I was his good luck charm, that is.

I sipped the glass of wine in my hand, discreetly scanning the room for anything or anyone that felt out of place.

Enzo's hand shifted from my stomach to my waist, and ay Dios did that put butterflies in my stomach.

A short time later, two over grown men approached us, ruining the fun.

I inferred that was the point of Enzo's plan, so we got up, and followed them into the back of the casino.

As we followed, there were safes that I assumed held valuable items.

Enzo walked in front of me, and I held his hand.

Once inside the room at the end of the hall, one of the men knocked twice, and a loud voice with an accent ordered us to come inside.

"Lorenzo Castillo!" The middle aged man announced. "To what do I owe this pleasure?"

"Adrik Volkov." Enzo said, shaking his hand.

Volkov?

"It's been a while, мой друг," Adrik took a swig of alcohol, then went over to the bar to fix more drinks. "Would the beautiful lady like a drink as well?" [my friend]

Go with the plan, Love. "Yes."

"So what brings you here? Fucking up my business, Lorenzo?" He grinned. "Sit, sit." He instructed isus.

"I need information, and your company wouldn't tell me where you were."

"For security reasons, of course." His thick accent spoke. "You understand."

Enzo nodded. "Where is your brother?"

Brother?

"Somewhere here. I pinged the fuckers bank account. When you hate your own flesh and blood as much as I do, you'd do anything to see them suffer."

I know nothing about that.

The guy went into a locked drawer, and handed Enzo a folder. "This is everything."

"Thank you."

"How do you say..." the man asked.

"я отдам его под суд, друг," Enzo said, his Russian surprised me. It was hot. [I will bring him to justice, friend]

They shook hands, and we departed.

We ended up back at my apartment, which I haven't been to in a while. He and I went to his apartment, and I immediately took off my heels.

I put my arms around his neck, pulling him close.

"You were good tonight," I told him.

"You were better. You looked fucking gorgeous on my arm." He said, kissing my neck. 

"What did I tell you about treating me like an accessory?" I held back a small moan.

He waited before responding. "I don't know." He kissed me again. "What did you tell me?"

I didn't answer.

"Nothing to say, Lovebug?" He took off his suit jacket. "Is that because you enjoy when I refer to you as mine?"

"Yes," I whispered, holding onto his arms.

"Do you like when I kiss you like this, aegiya?" [baby]

"Mhm," I managed to spur out.

"You smell amazing." He complimented.

"Thank you,"

He removed his lips from my neck, and his eyes met mine. "You're going to be the death of me, gongjunim," was all he said before pressing his lips against mine. [princess]

God. It wasn't the first time he'd said that.

I'm in a pool of pure fucking bliss.

-

Hi!! How are you? Did we enjoy the chapter? I hope you did. I did.

Thank you for reading.

With all my love, Lola

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

384K 9.3K 61
(My other books are better) šŸ˜­) Lelia Malik: a petite girl who was forced to go to Italy from her very very very strict Pathan parents. With her 'fri...
415K 20.1K 44
Book 4 of the Morelli Mafia Series. Please note you must read books 1,2,3 first. I was lost, believed I was abandoned. That couldn't further from th...
341K 7.3K 52
"Mavis I just don't want you to get hurt." He says I sigh and look away feeling a little hurt. "Why can't you just let be with him."I say sadly he g...
458K 10.1K 48
šŸšŸ–+ "Do you have any idea," he started as he licked his lips, his tongue piercing catching my eye, "how much I've had to refrain myself from fuckin...