Dépaysement (h.s)

Door complicatedfr3aks

Delilah Lavigne is the owner of the tattoo shop Caim. Her life was anything but simple growing up and once sh... Meer

oo
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83

40

404 5 3
Door complicatedfr3aks

Delilah Lavigne

We have a mission today.

We're going to a museum after hours to steal a purple diamond crown, no clue why or what the significance of it is but we can't ask questions.

Usually I'm nervous for missions, considering I've only gone on like three, but today I feel pretty content.

I'm going to try to use this time to talk to Liam and get some answers. It's not like I'll ask him straight up if he was following me and was going to kidnap me or some shit because who knows if it was truly him or if he was going to do anything to me. I'll be subtle about it.

Harry left this morning to meet with Luca about something, he never specified what. I have yet to mention seeing Enzo there because I doubt it was anything major. Maybe Luca really is a family friend and he was just saying goodbye since Harry made him leave town so I'm not losing sleep over it

So now, I'm at his house alone and waiting for him and the guys to arrive so that we can leave. I already got dressed into my all black attire since it's dark out and we have to blend in.

Apparently this museum is one of the most well known in the United States, so let's see if security really is all that.

A knock at the door echoes through the house and I go to open the door, all of the guys are standing there waiting.

"M' lady." Niall walks through the door, bowing to me.

I laugh at the action and open it wider for everyone else to walk in, "Where's Harold?" Niall jumps on the couch and lies down while putting his arms behind his head.

"Meeting with Luca before we go." I close the door and join all of them at the couch, moving Nialls feet to sit down.

He places his legs on top of mine and I glare at him, "I was here first." He smirks and I roll my eyes and rest my arms on top of his legs that are over mine.

I look over at the guys on the opposite couch and Louis is on his phone while Zayn is trying to talk to him and Liam is staring at me.

As I make eye contact with him, he quickly looks away and pretends he wasn't just staring into my soul.

I see right through you buddy.

"How come I never met your cat?" Niall asks me with his eyes closed.

I purse my lips, "Well none of you came to my apartment, and he's with Leo right now so there was never time."

I miss Nicks so bad. There's just so much going on that I wouldn't be able to take care of him for right now, and he deserves all the love and care in the world.

"You should get him back, I want to meet him. What's his name again?"

"Nicks."

"Like Stevie Nicks?" Zayn jumps into the conversation, "Yeah." I perk up in excitement since no one else really connects the dots.

"That's awesome," He laughs, "I need to meet this guy."

The front door opens and slams shut, Harry walks through with a hard face on and ignores all of us, heading for the bathroom.

I look behind me at his fast pace and notice red on his hands. Is that blood?

He closes the bathroom door and that's when I hear running water.

Yup, definitely blood.

"Well hello to you too." Niall mutters and I chuckle. We all stand up, waiting for him to walk out so we can leave.

After waiting for a long five minutes, he finally exits the bathroom and goes straight to the bedroom.

"Does he even know we are standing right here?" Louis looks at the closed bedroom door with his head leaned back and narrowed eyes.

"I doubt it. I'll be back." I pace through the living room and open the bedroom door, I look around the room and can't find him.

"Harry?"

He pops his head out of his closet, "Yeah?"

"What are you doing?"

"Changing." He vaguely answers.

"Okay...why did you have blood on you?" I get to the point.

He looks taken aback, "Erm, what d'you mean?"

"We were all sitting out there when you walked in and I saw it on your hands, did you not see us?"

He purses his lips and shakes his head while pulling a shirt over his head, "No I didn't sorry. Don't worry about it everything's all good." He approaches me while I cross my arms and glare at him.

"What?"

"You're lying to me." I narrow my eyes at him.

He's too easy to read.

He scoffs, "No I'm not."

I roll my eyes and turn around, "Whatever, just meet us out here so we can go." I sigh and open the door, practically slamming it behind me.

Why is he leaving me in the dark lately? First what happened at the club and now this. What kind of meetings does he need to have with Luca that involve getting blood on him?

"Is he coming?" Niall asks while they are huddled around the front door.

"Mhm." I join them and put on my Doc Martens by the door.

Right as I finish, like perfect timing Harry walks out in black jeans, converse and a black t shirt under a black leather jacket.

I look over at Zayn and realize they are wearing the exact same thing and fold my lips back to hold in a laugh, knowing they don't realize it yet.

He grabs his keys that he threw while walking in and we all stay quiet while walking to his car.

"I call shotgun!" Niall yells from behind me.

"Oh no you don't!" I look behind me to see him starting to run but since I'm in front of him, I get a head start and bolt towards the passenger door.

He comes up behind me and grabs me by my stomach, flinging me back and I let out a scream, "Cheater!"

He gets in front of me while laughing and runs up to the door, beating me.

I lean over from being out of breath, "I hate you so much."

"You snooze you lose." He shrugs and opens the door. I flip him off while he grins proudly.

Zayn comes up from beside me, "That was the most entertaining thing to watch." He laughs as he opens the car door for me and I scoot in to sit in the middle between him and Louis as Liam had already gotten into the way back.

Harry starts the car and pulls out of his lot and heads towards the museum.

"Who's gonna be our getaway driver if something goes wrong?" Niall asks in the passenger seat that he cheated to get.

"I say we vote." Louis says beside me while pointing at Niall.

"Hey! I'm a good asset to this team, you all need me." Niall scolds him.

"How about Lilah? She has the least experience." Liam throws out my name from behind me, "No we need her. She's the smallest meaning she can get in quicker." Louis says back.

Zayn turns around to Liam, "It's not like her having the least amount of experience makes her weaker, it just proves even more that she needs to be there. Don't dig yourself a grave." He defends me as I stay quiet.

"Jesus I was just saying." Liam mutters and it goes quiet in the car.

"I still vote Niall." Louis speaks after the brief silence and Niall scoffs, "Shut up ass hat. Why don't you, huh?"

"Because I'm quiet and a fast runner. You'll just slow us down or get us caught."

"Oh my god all of you just shut the fuck up. We will decide once we're there, Jesus." Harry sighs while holding the bridge of his nose.

Niall sinks into his seat and Louis rolls his eyes at Harry's outburst.

We finally pull into an alley across the street from the museum, and Harry parks the car while turning off his headlights.

"Okay let's sort it out now. Any volunteers?" Harry turns in his seat halfway to face everyone and nobody speaks up.

"Alright fine. I need to be there, for obvious reasons. Delilah needs to because she's small and is gonna be the one to get through the glass, Louis needs to since he brought the equipment so it's only fair. And Zayn knows the technology behind all of this. So Liam and Niall, you need to hash it out."

"Well Liam is big and bulky meaning he's very easy to spot in a crowd. And he walks loud. So I vote him." Niall tries to make a rebuttal. Zayn and I quietly laugh from his dig.

Liam sighs from behind me, "Oh my god just let him go, I'll stay."

"Great it's settled!" Niall smiles and claps.

We all roll our eyes at Nialls hilarious stupidity and get out of the car. Liam gets out and goes into the drivers side, "Just don't leave us behind big guy, okay?" Niall says to Liam in passing and Liam shoves his arm.

Harry grabs all the equipment that we need from the trunk and we quietly walk across the street in a line to the back of the museum.

"Are we sure there's even security guards here? It's nighttime." Niall whispers.

I slap my forehead, "Sometimes your stupidity worries me."

"Aw you worry about me?" He holds his hand to his heart while making a pouty face.

While rolling my eyes, I poke his side a couple times causing him to laugh and push me away, "Can you be quiet?!" Harry whisper shouts to us as we approach the back wooden door.

"Sorry dad." I mutter and Niall let's out a laugh, "What did I just say?!" Dad reprimands us once again.

Instead of saying more, we both just stay quiet with smiles on our faces and walk behind the rest of them as if we are two little kids who got in trouble.

Harry takes pliers and opens the door so easily, and we walk up a few sets of stairs quietly that lead to the roof.

We get on the rooftop, which is pretty high up, and Zayn lifts open the glass door to overlook the crown, "Okay run over the plan." He directs to Harry.

Harry sets everything down in front of Zayn, "Zayn is going to use that high energy laser to melt the glass and then tie those ropes around you," He points to me, "We will lift you down and u will squeeze through the glass circle that he made and grab it. Once you have it, we lift you back up and we are out of here. Just try to be as quiet as possible." He runs through the plan and we all nod in agreement.

Zayn leans down into the glass door and we can only see the bottom half of his body. The room is well lit even though it's after hours so I guess that helps a bit.

I can see a light shining below him and assume it's the laser Louis brought to cut a circle in the glass. I hear a slight shatter and he leans back up, "It's done."

Harry gets the rope that's attached to a cable machine and ties it around my waist and legs, "Does that feel tight enough?" He pulls it harder while looking up at me.

I huff out a laugh, "Uh yeah, it does."

"What's funny?"

"Nothing that just sounded dirty." I push back another laugh and he grins, "Not the time, Lavigne."

Once it feels tight enough, I position myself above the glass to make it an easier entrance and lean the top half of my body into the room and the bottom half above me so I'm almost upside down. "Alright start going down, we got you!" Louis shouts and I push myself off of the rooftop and into the room, aiming for the glass box.

The purple crown is lit up from the moon reflecting off of it.

I get pulled down slightly which jolts me around but it's steady, "You good Lilah?" Niall shouts while he looks down at me making sure I get there safely, "Mhm, almost there just keep going!"

"God this sounds like what I say during sex." I whisper out loud to myself while trying to keep steady.

Finally, I reach the medium sized hole that Zayn cut into the glass and maneuver my body to fit through it by going head first with my arms held above me like a diving position.

"She's in!" Niall shouts to them and they stop pushing the rope down so I'm frozen upside down in the air, trying to reach for the crown.

"I need you to push it about two inches more and then I can reach!"

Niall relays my message back and I feel a tug on the rope, then I start to move down even closer to the crown.

My fingertips graze the top, "Just one more!"

They do it again and I finally grab it, "Got it!"

"She's crowning!" Niall shouts with a laugh and I flip him off in my upside down state.

They start cheering at the success, "Guys I'm literally hanging upside down!" I shout above me, and hear them say a mixture of oh right and sorry.

The rope gets tugged again and I start moving up, my feet hit the glass top so I push them together to fit through and go into the same diving position again with the crown in my hold.

I hear a noise in the room I'm basically levitating in so I look around but can't find the source.

I then see flashlights shining through the door, "Hurry up!" I whisper shout to Niall, "We're going as fast as we can, are you okay?"

I look back at the door before it flies open and their flashlights are shining right in my face, "Shit! We have a problem!" I yell this time and Niall peeks his head through, "Fuck! The guards are in there hurry up!"

The rope gets pulled even faster which is probably a bad thing because I could go tumbling down but we can't take any chances.

"Freeze! Put your hands in the air and drop it!"" The two cops raise their guns at me.

"Sorry, no can do!"

I feel hands on my legs pulling me up and right as I get my head through the rooftop window, a bullet hits the ceiling where my head was.

"Oh my god!" I dodged it right on time and stand up fully, "Are you okay?!" Harry puts his hands on my shoulder, scanning me. "I'm fine, let's go!"

We run towards the rooftop doors and Louis, being in the front, opens it as we all pile through.

Our steps echo loudly through the stairs as we run down them at full speed.

Flashlights light up the stairwell, "We know you're in here! Bring us the crown now!" One of the guards shout.

"Fuck off asshole!" Niall shouts back with a laugh as we all continue running.

Louis leading in the front opens a door in the stairwell that goes into another room full of windows, it looks like some sort of office which is odd because I've never seen one in a museum.

"We have to jump out, it's not that far." Zayn looks out of the windows to see the distance.

Harry walks up to it and looks down as well, "Yeah it's not too bad." He looks around the room and runs up to a desk, taking the stapler off of it and throwing it against the window, shattering it.

Zayn crouches down and holds onto the side of the window, "Just be careful." He nods to us and jumps down, disappearing out of sight.

I look behind me at the closed door to try and listen for their voices or footsteps but they are pretty far below us and looked rather large built.

Louis goes next, then Niall, "So long fuckers." He salutes us and jumps down.

Harry grabs my hand and walks over to the window, I look down and immediately whine, "Harry that is so far, you liar!"

"I know but listen to me, worst scenario is you land on the grass. How about I go first and catch you, yeah?" He holds my shoulders trying to calm me down.

Having a fear of heights really doesn't come in handy in situations like this.

I nod fast and he crouches down, "I got you." He jumps down and disappears.

Taking a deep breath, I walk up to it and look down to see them all looking up at me, "Come on Lilah! You got this!" Zayn shouts up at me.

"I better get paid a hefty amount for this shit." I whisper to myself.

The door behind me flies open, "Stay where you are! Put your hands up and don't move!" One of them shouts as they both have guns pointed at me.

"Come on Delilah!" Harry yells from below since they can all hear what's happening.

"Fuck me." I close my eyes and just go for it. I jump down and feel myself flying for a couple seconds until my body lands into another, Harry's.

"Oh thank god I'm not dead." I sigh in his tight hold, "Guys we gotta go!" Niall shouts and starts running for the car and we all do the same.

We run up to the car and knock on the doors, Liam jolts in the seat and unlocks it and we all hop in, "What the hell happened?!"

"Drive!" We all shout in unison.

He steps on the gas and the car screeches out of the alley.

All of us are out of breath from the running and adrenaline, "For fucks sake I was sure we were donezo." Niall sighs in the seat beside me.

"Did you get the crown?" Liam asks while driving.

I pull it out of my jacket, "I got the damn crown." I say while still trying to catch my breath.

They all smile and Harry takes it out of my hands to inspect it, "This shit is covered in diamonds."

"All we gotta do is take it back to Luca and then we're done." Zayn says from the front seat.

Harry looks kind of funny sitting in the back seat, he looks too big to fit back here but we were all in a rush it didn't matter in the moment.

We finally make it to the warehouse and Harry leaves the car to bring it to Luca.

After waiting for about ten minutes, he finally comes back and Liam gets out of the drivers side to sit in the way back again. Once Harry is in the drivers seat he throws a duffel bag on the center console, "Pretty hefty pay." He smiles while unzipping the bag.

There are wads of cash filled to the brim, "Holy shit, how much is that?" Nialls eyes widen as he pulls out the cash.

"Half a million for all of us." Harry replies, still with a smile covering his face.

Everyone cheers in the car since it was well deserved, and not expected.

"Drinks on me tonight?!" Louis holds up the money and we all agree since alcohol is the only appetizing thing right now.

Harry leaves the warehouse lot and drives straight towards Reign.

"Good job on tonight kid, you just keep proving that you're fit for this." Zayn is turned around towards me with a smile, "Thank you. You weren't so bad yourself." I smile back.

I keep proving myself wrong too. In the beginning of all of this, I kept telling myself that this isn't right for me and that I don't belong in this kind of life.

And hell maybe I don't, but I belong with them and I'm pretty content with that. As long as everyone is safe and happy, then I am too.

Let's just hope it stays that way.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

delilah ur not starting off on a good start at ur detective job.

^liam waiting for them to come back as he's sitting in the car

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

2.3M 65.2K 50
You don't know what's out in the world, until you witness it yourself. It may be hard to believe, but it becomes something you can't deny. He's not h...
700 7 1
Hired By Management; Kim was a normal girl growing up until one day. Her life changed when management offered her a job. Kim was spotted in the crowd...
12.9K 344 12
I looked up at him, unsure of what just happened. I saw the blood glistening off of his gold H ring as he pushed my hair out of my face, scanning my...
241 24 21
i'm bored and a really good writer GET THIS A WAtty Emerys life has been hard. with her father's disappearance and her mother's abuse, she's never ex...