Dépaysement (h.s)

By complicatedfr3aks

Delilah Lavigne is the owner of the tattoo shop Caim. Her life was anything but simple growing up and once sh... More

oo
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83

39

442 4 9
By complicatedfr3aks

Delilah Lavigne

The guys had a concert tonight that I was practically forced to attend by Niall, and they made up a lie on social media as to why they were gone for a while.

They said they all got sick...

Very believable guys.

But the concert was pretty good and they added two new songs to their set list, I have yet to memorize any of them even though I should since I go to every show they have.

The whole music side of their lives really fascinates me because behind closed doors they are so different compared to when they're on stage.

They really feel for the music side, I think that's their favorite part of this whole ordeal. What confuses me though is who writes the songs, Harry always bashes good music so I know damn well that it's not him.

Apparently they are supposed to tour soon which seems odd to me because they only have once before and that was a year ago, way before me.

They briefly mentioned it and said I would have to go with them considering I'm apart of this now but it didn't make sense to me. This has been their life for years now, I just became apart of it a couple months ago.

Then as I thought about it, it would kind of be fun since it's all around the US and we can explore in every state we visit. It's not like I have friends that I'd be leaving behind.

Speaking of, Finn tried contacting me a few days ago by asking Leo for my new phone number but Leo refused since I told him to never allow them into Caim again. He doesn't ask questions thankfully so he just agreed.

Maybe he found out about what Calum did through Lennon, but neither of them know he's dead. None of us have talked to Lennon since the day she went to the cafe to meet him for us.

I think Zayn likes her a little bit because he asks me about her, which is putrid. But I won't mention it to him unless he does to me first.

After their concert, Harry and I went back to his house so I could change into a more comfortable outfit and I chose to wear a cropped graphic t, black baggy jeans with a belt, my Doc Martens and some jewelry to pair with it.

We are now on our way to Reign, the guys wanted to celebrate their first concert back and their upcoming tour and I agreed to go since it'd be nice to get out.

I could've dressed up more since it's a literal club but I'm here all the time now so what's the point?

Harry and I walk side by side and the guard opens the club door for us as we cut everyone in line, the purple and blue lights shine brightly around the club with music blasting in my ears.

I love watching everyone in their own world having fun.

He puts his arm around me and guides us to the bar to order our drinks.

After the kind bartender hands them to us, we make our way up the stairs to the designated booth, "Why do you guys always sit in this one?" I ask Harry before we approach them.

He swallows his first sip and shrugs with his arm still around me, "I guess because it overlooks the entire club and the rest don't do that. We like to see everything."

I can smell his cologne which is very attractive to me, I don't know why but when men smell good it makes me want to jump them right then and there.

He's wearing a silk dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up, black jeans and converse. The converse really pulls it all together if you ask me.

"Lilah! I missed you!" Niall greets me, clearly drunk.

I laugh while hugging him, "Ni I saw you an hour ago."

I hug Zayn and Louis as well and sit down between Harry and Zayn with Niall, Louis and Liam across from us.

Liam glances at me then quickly looks away without saying anything which throws me off, the fuck is his problem?

I take a big gulp of my drink since it's been awhile since I've had alcohol and sigh after swallowing while placing it loudly on the table.

"Okay let's talk about this tour you have coming up." I start the conversation.

Zayn sits up, "Well, we should be starting from east coast and back to the west, going through about thirty two states. In more than half of those we will have a task or mission to complete and it should last about four to five months considering our last one was only three and we went to about twenty two states."

"Goddamn do you get any breaks?"

"Yeah we should have an extra day or two in most of them, depending on how many shows we do in each state." Louis answers.

"Are you excited to explore the world with us Lilah?" Niall questions me with a smile on his face.

I nod smiling back at him, "Of course I am, wouldn't want to do it with anybody else."

Harry leans over in his seat and reaches into his pocket, pulling out his phone, "Shit I have to take this." He excuses himself and walks away to talk to someone on his phone.

We make small talk at the table about their upcoming tour for a couple minutes and Harry comes back, "Something came up, I have to go meet Luca."

"Right now? What happened?" I stand up to hear him better.

"Yeah, he just needs to sort some things out with a deal and needs my help." He shouts into my ear. He looks over at Zayn and widens his eyes a little bit, signaling something.

Zayn stands up, "Why don't I come with you?"

Harry arches his eyebrows, "Good idea. You should stay here and I'll be back soon." He directs to me.

"What are you hiding?" He's acting suspiciously weird.

He furrows his eyebrows, "I'm not hiding anything, we will be back soon just stay with the guys and if needed, Louis can take you home."

Louis holds his hands up at his sides from Harry mentioning him but Harry glares at him so he sighs and agrees.

"O-Okay.." I sit back down slowly while staring at Harry with confusion because of how weird he's acting.

He leans down to kiss my forehead quickly then walks away with Zayn.

"What the fuck was that?" I question the guys in front of me.

Niall shrugs, "No clue but I'm not drunk enough so be right back." He stands up from the booth and stumbles his way out, he then turns back around and stares at me, "What?"

"Are you not gonna come?" He asks me as if I should've known.

I roll my eyes playfully, "You could've just asked weirdo."

We walk down the steps and to the bar, ordering more drinks.

As we get them handed to us, Niall stares at a corner in the club so I direct my attention over there and see a brunette girl talking to her friend, "Do you have a crush Nialler?" I poke his sides.

He shrugs me off while smirking, "Shut up asshole."

"Go talk to her, she's cute." I urge him on.

"You know what? I will." He amps himself up to get ready and wiggles his body in preparation causing me to laugh.

I pat his shoulder, "Good luck."

I walk back upstairs with drinks in my hand and set them down at the table in front of Louis and Liam, "For you and you."

"Hell yeah." Louis takes one and shoots it down right away.

Liam just sits in the corner staring at his hands clasped together on the table, "Do you not want it?" I ask him.

Still staring at the table he shrugs as an answer.

"Okay..." I mutter and take it from him, shooting it down and feeling the burn in my throat that I definitely didn't miss.

Liam abruptly stands up, "I'll be back." He walks away but I notice something as he does.

He's limping.

"What happened to Liam?" I shout over the music to Louis.

He looks up from his phone and directs his attention to him, "What do you mean?"

"He's limping. Was he hurt?"

He shrugs with pursed lips, "I have no clue, I never noticed."

"Hm." I lean back in my seat and pull out my phone to pass time and wait for Harry to come back as I sip on the fruity drink I got.

"Hey, can I ask you something?" Louis leans into the table while looking at me, "Yeah of course."

"You're probably tired of everyone asking and shit which is understandable but how are you?"

I smile, appreciating him for asking, "I'm okay. Still trying to sort through shit but it'll take time and I'm fine with that."

He nods, "If you need me for anything don't hesitate to ask, okay? We're all here for you. You're a good fucking person, never let that part of yourself go."

The way he says fucking is so funny to me. It sounds like fooking. But not the time to point that out.

"I appreciate that Louis. You are too, I feel like you don't see that in yourself either."

He shrugs and leans back into his seat, "It's kind of hard to when I think about the things I've done and who I've hurt. I wouldn't really say I'm proud of any of it."

My face falls, not realizing he felt that way, "The fact that you are aware of what you've done and regret it shows that you are a good person. The things you have done doesn't define who you really are, it just shows what you were made to do by someone else."

After my rambling he stares at me like I told him his dog was dead, "What?"

He blinks a couple times and wipes the corners of his eyes with his fingers, "Erm, nothing."

Did I say something bad?

"Are you okay?" I anxiously ask.

He forms his mouth into an O and blows out air, "Yeah I'm fine. I just never really thought about it that way."

"My turn to ask you something. If you don't want to answer that's completely fine," He looks up at me and nods, "Why did you join the mafia?"

He arches is eyebrows, "Damn, I wasn't expecting that question."

"Like I said you don't have to answer, I'm just curious." I reassure.

"It's kind of complicated really. There was a build up of reasons as to why, but the main thing I guess was the freedom that I thought I would get."

"What do you mean thought you would get?"

He sits up fully, "Well, when Luca found me I was living on the streets and stealing from people and businesses just to get by. I feel like that's how a lot of us get started into it. He was apparently watching me from afar for a couple weeks and saw how good I was at fighting and how quick and quiet I was when I would steal shit like money and food."

"Oh my god, I didn't know any of that." He was living on the streets for god knows how long, that must have been so scary.

He waves at me, shrugging it off, "It's all good, it was my decision. Anyways, he approached me and offered a deal. I train and work for him and would get paid, meaning I would have a roof to live under and food to eat whenever I wanted. I knew nothing about the mafia at the time and just agreed because I was a kid and the idea of it sounded amazing. He never told me the other side of it though."

"What was the other side?"

"The killing, the lying to the people we love, the damage we would cause to peoples lives. After a while I got used to it but at first I was miserable and only stayed for the money I was making. And when I met all the guys, it assured me that staying was the only option because if I ran, they would go down for it and I would probably die."

Tears start to fill my eyes, I don't know why I'm getting emotional like this. I quickly blink them away before he notices, "So you have been wanting to get out of this since the beginning?"

He nods with his lips in a line.

I had no idea. I know Louis is quiet and all but I never could've imagined the trauma within him that he hides so well.

"When I met the guys, Harry and Zayn were the ones who were in it the longest and we all sort of trained each other on what we knew best. Niall had just started and Liam was there for as long as I was so we were all understanding of each other. We became good friends and Luca noticed so he made sure that we would work together to make tasks easier. Then he brought up the whole band thing to smuggle the drugs and money from certain places and now here we are."

"But I'm confused on how he found all of you. You're from a different country yet you all wound up here." Their accents have confused me from the start.

"I moved here from England when I was sixteen with my parents and ran away not long after, becoming homeless at eighteen and that's when Luca found me. But I would suggest you ask everyone else on where they came from and why because it's not my place."

I feel like knowing more about Louis and his background just makes me like him even more. He truly is a good person and deserves so much better.

"Thank you for trusting me with all of that, you made it out of a bad situation and into probably an even worse one but it's not your fault. You were young and naive, if anyone is to be blamed it's Luca." I reassure him because I can tell he feels guilty and blames himself for everything he's done since he was eighteen.

"Thank you for listening. I don't usually talk about it and have only briefly told the guys about some shit but I'm glad to have you as a friend that I can trust. I hope you will do the same with me." He smiles at me and nods.

What would I tell him though? None of what I have been through can even compare to what he has. He knows about most of my problems since they happened after I met them.

He continues on, "I know you're apart of this now but I'd consider yourself lucky, you train through us and not Luca. He has a different way of approaching things when it comes to you that none of us understand but we don't question it either. As long as you're safe, that's all we care about."

Before I can respond, Niall walks back up here with that same girl and his arm is around her shoulder, "Louis, Lilah, this is Jade. Jade these are my friends." He introduces us.

"Nice to meet you, you look amazing!" I greet her with my hand held out.

"Stop it! So do you, I fucking love that shirt." She compliments me. Yeah I like her.

She has long brown hair and tattoos scattered around her body. She's wearing a black turtleneck and baggy tan dress pants with boots on.

She's hot.

"We are going to leave so if you need me, don't. Bye!" He waves to us and they walk away fast.

"Nice meeting you!" Jade shouts to us behind her back while laughing, causing me to smile.

"Who the hell was that?" Liam walks up to the table out of nowhere and points to them.

"Niall's fuck buddy for tonight." Louis tells him as he stares at his phone.

I scoff and scold him, "She was cool, asshole."

Liam sits back down beside Louis, "Where did you run off to?" I ask him.

"I just had to go to the bathroom."

"Damn that was a long shit." Louis jokes and Liam hits his arm.

"What happened to your leg?"

He furrows his eyebrows and looks down at his leg then back up, "Oh, I fell down yesterday and sprained my ankle."

I fold my hands together and rest them under my chin, "Must have been a bad sprain since you're limping pretty bad."

He shrugs with a slight smile, "Yeah it hurt a lot. Why?"

I shake my head with pursed lips, "Just curious. Don't want anything bad to happen you, you know?"

He narrows his eyes, "Thanks.."

Louis sighs, "Alright I'm gonna head out, come on I'll take you home, you can tell Harry."

We both stand up and I grab my stuff, "I'll stay and close up since it's almost time." Liam says and Louis nods while saluting him goodbye.

I text Harry to let him know I'm leaving with Louis and we get to his car.

He drives out of the lot and in the direction to Harry's house.

"Was Liam with you guys the other day? When I called Harry about that guy following me." I question Louis.

He squints his eyes like he's thinking, "No he wasn't. He was sick at home, why?" He confirms my inkling.

"I was just wondering since I hadn't seen him until today." I lie.

He doesn't suspect anything so we briefly chat about random things until he pulls into Harry's lot and I thank him and walk up to the door.

Making it inside the quiet pitch black house, I turn on all the lights and head to the kitchen to make myself some food to sober up.

I sit down on his couch and watch TV to pass some time.

I hear keys unlocking the door and pause the show I was watching, Harry walks into the door and closes it with his foot.

"Wanna tell me what you were doing?"

He flinches and looks over at me quickly, "Jesus you scared the shit out of me."

I chuckle, "Sorry."

He sighs and sits down beside me on the couch, "I told you, Luca just needed some help with something. Nothing to write home about."

I narrow my eyes at him but just drop the subject.

"How was it after I left?" He leans over and snatches a bite from the food I made.

I hold it away from him before he can get another, "Nuh uh, this is mine." He squints at me in frustration.

Don't touch my food bitch.

"It was good, Louis and I talked a lot and then he brought me here. Niall left with a girl."

He furrows his brows with wide eyes, "Really? Who was she?"

"Just some random girl at the club, she was really cool though I met her." I describe Jade to him and he shows proudness towards Niall.

"I did want to mention something to you though." I change the subject.

He stands up from the couch and heads into the kitchen to make himself food, "What's up?"

"I think Liam is the one who was following me the other day." I abruptly say.

He pauses mid way to the kitchen and turns around, "Why do you think that?"

"He was limping today, he said he hurt his foot which is where you said you tried to shoot the person and he also wasn't with you guys on that day. Louis said he told him that he was sick. Too many coincidences." I piece together everything I know that adds up to it being Liam, "He also doesn't like me which shows even more evidence as to why I think it was him."

"But why would he follow you? Just because he shows that he doesn't like you doesn't really prove it being him." He continues making his food as if this isn't a big deal.

"Did you not hear everything else I said? It all adds up Harry." I turn around halfway on the couch to face him with my arm leaning on the top cushion.

"Okay, I'll talk to him. But don't mention this to anyone else."

"You don't think it was him, do you?" I question him, sensing it.

He walks back over to me on the couch with food in his hand, "I mean not really, he would have no reason to do that. He knows me well enough to know that if I found out it was him then I would beat his ass for scaring you."

"Maybe he didn't think I would notice he was following me. When you showed up, that's when he ran."

"I understand your point but don't go making accusations yet. Just let me figure it out, no matter what I'll find out who did it."

I sigh in defeat, knowing he doesn't believe me.

I get this is his friend we're talking about, but he's not mine. He has despised me since day one which makes me think he has something against me but I didn't do anything directly to him.

If Harry doesn't believe it was Liam, then I'll find proof by myself.

The main question is, if it was him then why did he do it and what would he have done with me if he got to me?

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

detective delilah (in training) at ur service

do we think it was liam??????

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

241 24 21
i'm bored and a really good writer GET THIS A WAtty Emerys life has been hard. with her father's disappearance and her mother's abuse, she's never ex...
2.3M 65.2K 50
You don't know what's out in the world, until you witness it yourself. It may be hard to believe, but it becomes something you can't deny. He's not h...
331K 7.5K 47
[COMPLETED] It is well known that the world isn't a nice place. There are too many people and not enough humanity. Emma learns this very quickly when...
74K 520 30
Lacey's life is a disaster. Her dad is abusive, and her mom left when Lacey was two. Now, she is taking care of Elena, her little sister. While takin...