Summer Love - James Worpel

By gobulldogs_

It started out as a fling, but little did they know it would turn into something more than that. After it di... More

A/N & Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Epilogue

Chapter 54

188 7 22
By gobulldogs_

The next morning I wake up to James' arms wrapped around me and I smile. 

There's no other way I'd rather wake up then like this. 

The feeling is like no other. 

James presses a couple kisses to my neck which makes me smile, I roll over so that I can face him. 

"Hi." I say and he smiles. 

"Hi." He says. 

"How was your sleep?" I ask as I pull myself closer to him, reaching one hand up to play with his hair and he smiles. 

"Pretty good if you ask me." He says with a wink and I roll my eyes. 

"Couldn't go five minutes without taking it somewhere else." I say and he chuckles. 

"Well you weren't complaining last night." 

"No, I definitely wasn't, but can't we just have a cute morning?" 

"This is a cute morning." He smirks and I roll my eyes. 

"Whatever you say Worpel." I say rolling back over just as he stops me and brings me to him. 

"Hey I'm sorry." He says and I smile. 

"You should be." 

"Would you like me to make it up to you?" He says and I shake my head. 

"No, no. I need to get up and start setting up for tonight." 

"We've got all day to set up babe." 

"I know we do, but I like to be ready and not rush around last minute you know." 

"Alright fine, but it's only 9:30 in the morning, just cuddle with me a bit." He says and I sigh, knowing that it won't hurt to spend an hour with him cuddling in bed. 

He wraps his arms around me pulling me closer before placing kisses on my cheek and down my neck, then on my collarbone before turning my head and placing a soft kiss on my lips and I smile. 

"You just can't go five seconds without kissing me can you?" 

"No, I can't." He says in between kisses and I laugh. 

"I don't think an illness would stop you." 

"You're right it wouldn't." He says and I smile as I turn to face him, placing either hand on either side of his face. 

"You have no idea what the hell you're doing to me." I whisper before snuggling into his chest. 

The truth is, I am kind of scared. Scared at how great our relationship has been so far. 

We've barley had any road bumps or anything. And it's great, but it kind of feels too good to be true in a way. I guess I am expecting to be disappointed when in reality I know James would never disappoint me because ever since I've met him, he's done the exact opposite. Instead he has set me expectations so high, that if we don't work out, I don't think I will ever be able to find a man who will be able to meet my expectations. 

From day one, he has taught me to love myself. He has taught me to show my emotions and not keep them bottled up to the point that I explode into a mental breakdown once a month. He has also taught me the importance of communication. If you don't have good communication then the relationship won't work. 

James has taught me so many wonderful things that it'll be a shame if we don't work out. But I'm not thinking that far ahead yet because there's really nothing for me to worry about. 

If anything he should be more worried about me. I'm the one who has a guy best friend. But again, he is so accepting that he doesn't even care that I'm really close to Aaron and even Baz. He knows they're like brothers to me, and even though I have kissed one of them, he knows that it'll never happen again and I was acting out of emotion, and the need for some love in my life. 

I am brought out of my thoughts when James places a kiss on my cheek. 

"You okay?" 

"Yeah." I say. 

"You sure? You were daydreaming for quite a while, something was definitely on your mind." He says as he caresses my cheek.

"I guess I was thinking about us and how perfect it has been from the start." I say and he nods. 

"Yeah I guess it kind of has been perfect, but it's only been a month." 

"I know, but I just feel like it's too good to be true you know." I say and James frowns. 

"What do you mean by that?" 

"I mean that like I expected something to happen by now." I say and James sighs, grabbing my face and staring into my soul. 

"Tahlia." He says. "Please don't say that. It breaks my heart that you think like that. You know I will never do anything to jeopardise this relationship and I know you wouldn't either, so stop worrying and focus on me showering you with kisses in bed right now." He adds as he presses a kiss to my cheek and I smile. 

"I'm sorry, I guess I'm not used to a drama free relationship." 

"Understandable." He says and I sigh. 

"Come on, we should probably get up now." I say and he nods. 

We both unwillingly get up. I let James go into the bathroom first whilst I get changed, then we swap. 

Once I've done my business, I head downstairs and start cleaning the house as it needs to be spotless for our housewarming tonight. 

Yep, we're doing a housewarming. It's works out well that James and the Hawks boys are playing on Monday so we can have a late night. I'm pretty sure the boys are flying out tomorrow morning so I don't really get to celebrate Easter with James. So I guess tonight can be our Easter celebration/housewarming. 

James comes down the stairs and see's me wiping down the benches, and reorganising everything. 

"Babe. Don't overwork yourself." 

"Well I will overwork myself if you just stand there looking sexy. And I have to admit you always look sexy but please just help me. Wash the decking or something." 

"We don't have decking." 

"Uhh, we do." 

"Oh shit yeah." He says and I laugh. "But won't we be inside?" 

"Most likely, but you know our parents will wanna inspect every wall of this house." 

"True." He says. 

"If you don't wanna wash the decking at least can you vacuum?" 

"Me? Vacuuming? Never." 

"James." I plead. 

"Fine, only for you baby." He says walking over and placing a kiss on the side of my head and I smile as I watch him go to the cupboard, taking out the vacuum cleaner and giving the area a good clean. 

I was going to mop the floors but there isn't enough time as we have spent all morning cleaning. 

While James is out getting us some brunch, I decide to set the table up where all the finger food is going to be. 

We're also ordering some cheesy garlic pizza's too. One, because I'm still craving it, and two, everyone loves it. 

I place two marquee foldable tables next to each other, right in front of the island bench and am happy with how it looks. 

I decide to chuck a table cloth on it, one of those plastic ones as it kind of doesn't vibe with the house leaving them as it is. 

As I am debating what colour table cloth to put on the tables, James comes back with our brunch and I couldn't worship him more because I am starving.

We head outside and eat on the table out there. 

"You are my favourite person in the world." I say as I dig into my egg and bacon McMuffin from Macca's and James laughs as he takes a bite of his healthy sandwich he quickly whipped together. 

"I'd be a bit concerned if I wasn't." He says and I smile as I take another bite. 

"Everything seems to be coming along in there." 

"Yeah well, just stuck on what colour table cloth to put on the tables." 

"Babe. The tables are white, it goes with the kitchen just leave them as it is." 

"Yeah but like I'm scared the tables are gonna get dirty." 

"What colour are the cloths?" 

"I got white and blue." 

"So just put the white one on." He says and I sigh, putting my head into my hands which makes James reach over. He grabs one of my hands giving it a squeeze. 

"Hey." He says and I look at him. "It's okay." 

"I don't know why I'm freaking out so much." 

"It's our first time hosting something together. It's scary I know, but everything is perfect baby okay?" He says and I sigh, then nod. 

"Okay." I say and he smiles. 

"Good. Now why don't you sit on the couch and rest for a bit and I'll continue what you need done." He says and I sigh. 

"I will feel helpless if I just sit around." 

"Okay can I at least help you make the platters?" 

"Of course." I say. "I'll need your opinion on them anyway." 

"Gee, I didn't pick you to be the indecisive type." 

"It's only when I have to make big decisions." 

"And falling in love with me wasn't one?" He says and I smile. 

"No, that one was just an easy decision, follow your heart." 

"So do the same with the platters, just follow your heart." He says and I smile as I finish off my egg and bacon McMuffin and then scoff down the hash brown it comes with. 

We get up, placing the rubbish in the bin before we head inside and start making the platters.... 

----------------------------------------------

It's not long now until our guests are due to arrive, and I have a feeling the doorbell is going to ring any minute. 

James has done a good job making sure I don't freak out, or have a mental breakdown. And I can't thank him enough for it. 

He's just so cool calm and collected that I envy him. I wish I wasn't so much of a stress-head. 

It would make my life a little easier. 

James and I are putting the final touches when the doorbell rings and we both smile, walking to the door and yanking it open. 

"Hi my gorgeous girl." Mum says wrapping her arms around me, pulling me into a hug and I smile. 

"Hi mum." I say, then I look at my Dad. 

"Dad." I say and he smiles, joining in our hug. 

When we pull away they embrace James in a hug and I smile. 

"This house is gorgeous." Mum says and I smile. 

"Yep, it sure is." 

"I am happy for the two of you." Dad says and I smile as James wraps his arm around my waist. 

"Go on explore the house! Just don't get lost." I say and they both laugh as they make their way through the house. 

Just as they're exploring the study that's in the hallway the doorbell rings again, and James and I walk over to the door, pulling it open. 

Mick and Bev are standing there smiling , with a plate of food in their hands.

"Helloooo!" I say and they both laugh as I pull them both into a hug before they greet their son. 

"Oh my god we get to meet your parents!" Bev says and I chuckle as I walk over to introduce them. 

"Mum Dad, this is Mick and Bev, Mick and Bev this is Carlo and Geraldine." 

"Nice to meet you." They say as they greet each other with hugs and kisses before they both explore the house. 

I look over at James who smiles. 

"So far a success ay?" 

"So far they get along." I say and he chuckles, placing a kiss on my lips. 

Slowly, slowly, the house is filled up.

Most of James' siblings couldn't attend, except for Jacqui who did not want to miss this housewarming. 

I can tell out of all of his siblings, James is closest to Jacqui and it warms my heart. 

I guess cause the rest of his siblings basically have families with kids to attend to it would be hard to see them. 

Last to rock up are the players who miraculously decide to rock up together. Don't know whether that was planned or not but sure seemed like it. 

Marcus and Em are kid free tonight, leaving Matteo and Bella at Em's parents place. I can tell that tonight will be good for them to get away from the kids, as mean as it sounds but kids are a lot of work, so Em tells me. 

"This looks awesome." Em says as she follows me into the walk-in-pantry. 

"Thank you." 

"You and James really went all out." 

"Yeah I mean we wanted to show that we can host you know." 

"Well you definitely can, Mum is impressed." 

"I know she is." I say and Em smiles. 

"Also, James hasn't been able to take your eyes off you." 

"Anything new you wanna tell me?" I joke and she smiles. 

"It's cute how much he loves you." 

"I know, it's so cute." I say and she smiles as we walk out of the pantry and back into the commotion. 

The boys are pretty rowdy and there is no alcohol being served to them, maybe it's all the sugar in the soft drinks they've been drinking, but even then, most of them have had a couple. 

I tune into their banter and die of laughter at some of the ridiculous things they talk about, especially this next topic... 

"Who do you reckon would win in Laser Tag me or you?" Ads says to Josh and he laughs. 

"Oh definitely you mate." 

"You reckon?" 

"Yeah." Josh says and we all laugh. 

I tune out of that conversation and turn my attention to Baz and Aaron who ask me a couple questions. 

"So, I'm guessing you and James are having plenty of fun here alone." Baz says with a smirk and I nearly throw my drink at him. 

"Shut up." 

"She didn't deny it." Aaron says and I roll my eyes. 

"Just please stop. I just love spending time with him." I say and they both nod. 

"Sure sure, we all know the real reason why you're with him." Baz says. 

"And why's that." 

"Because he's good in..." 

"Don't finish that sentence." I say just as James walks over and takes a seat next to me, in between Baz and I. 

"Don't finish what sentence?" 

"Oh I was just saying how..." Baz says whispers into James' ear and James laughs. 

"I don't know gotta ask her that." 

"And I'm not answering that question cause I don't know the answer to it." I shrug and James tries to not die of laughter because he knows I know the exact answer to the question. 

"Ay Baz don't pressure her if she doesn't wanna answer the question." Aaron says and I smile at him, mouthing a thank you to him and Baz sighs. 

"I will get it out of you one day." He says and I sigh, slapping Baz across the head. 

"I got an idea." Dylan says and we all turn to him. 

"What if we choose a day next week that we're all free and go do some laser tag." 

"What?" We all say and Dylan nods. 

"Yeah! We do the Doggies boys vs the Hawks boys." 

"And what does the winner get out of it?" Ads says. 

"Nothing, just a fun game of laser tag." 

"You know laser tag is for like 10 year olds yeah?" I comment and Dylan shrugs. 

"We're all secretly 10 here so we'll fit right in." He says and I laugh as they continue discussing a possible date. 

"Don't look at me, he comes up with some very bold ideas." James says and I laugh. 

"I kinda miss living with him." I say and James nods. 

"I agree. But it's nice not having to deal with that twenty four seven." 

"True, some of the things he would say blew my mind." 

"Same as me." James says placing a kiss on my cheek. 

"Ew." Baz says and I smile at him. 

"Someone's jealous." Aaron chimes in and I nod. 

"He definitely is jealous." 

"You've got a room upstairs you can go on right up there." Baz says and James and I laugh. 

"That would be a bit rude to our guests." I say and Baz shrugs. 

"Well I guess that's why I don't host." He says with a sigh. "Also I thought there would be some gorgeous girls here." 

"You're looking at one right now." I say and he rolls his eyes whilst James and Aaron laugh. 

"She's not wrong." James says. 

"Baz, it's a fucking housewarming, not a night club." Aaron says and Baz sighs. 

"I thought your cousins would be within my age." 

"I do have some cousins within your age, they're just not here." 

"Why?" 

"Uhh, they're out clubbing." I say and he nods. 

"Fair enough, I wouldn't come to my cousins housewarming either if I could go out clubbing." He shrugs and we all laugh at him as Ariana and Caleb come over, taking a seat on the couch across from us. 

"This house is gorgeous Tahls." 

"Tell me about it." 

"I might have to move in here." Ariana says and James looks at me and I laugh. 

"She's joking, she's not moving in here." I say to him and Ariana laughs. 

"It's alright James, she's all yours." Ariana says with a wink and I smile. 

"How come your sister didn't come?" Baz asks and Ariana shrugs. 

"She was here before you came, then she went out." 

"Fuck." He says and I laugh. 

"Your fault for coming so late." I say and he sighs. 

"Oh well, next time." He says and I roll my eyes as I listen to the conversation that Aaron and James are having.... 

A few hours later... 

It's nearly midnight and basically all of our guests have left, including most of the boys, except for the usuals, Aaron and Baz who don't want to leave. 

Marcus and Em are also still here and offer to take them home, and I couldn't thank them enough because I am exhausted and just want to flop back on my bed and fall asleep. 

Em helps me clean up a bit before they're on their way. 

"Call me in the morning if you need help cleaning, I know James is flying out early." Em says as she places a kiss on my cheek and I smile, nodding at her. 

"Bye guys, thanks for coming." I say as James and I watch them get into the car and drive away. 

We walk back inside, James closing the door behind us as I walk into the kitchen and continue to clean things up in the kitchen until James stops me. 

"Baby. You're struggling to stay awake, go to sleep, we can clean this up in the morning." 

"You're leaving though." 

"Call Em or Marcus in the morning." 

"Alright fine." I say putting the last plate in the bin before turning the lights off in the kitchen and walking upstairs with James not too far behind me. 

We get into our room, and I turn the lamp on, quickly changing into my pyjama's before jumping into bed and waiting for James to join me. 

Not long later he does, and I turn the lamp off. 

He pulls me closer to him, before turning me around to face him. He leans in and places a passionate kiss to my lips. 

"Good night beautiful." He says stroking my hair and I smile. 

"Good night babe." I say as I turn over to face the other way with James' arms wrapped around me. 

I fall asleep to him stroking my hair...  

***

Bit of an interesting chapter with Dylan suggesting laser tag HAHAHA

That should be good! 

The cuteness with Tahls and Worps continues to grow 

Remember to vote and comment 

Next update out Wednesday!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.9K 1K 150
A Marcus Bontempelli Story Catie O'Sullivan, a famous musician running away from her seemingly wonderful life unexpectedly meets her match when she's...
323 0 2
Bailey Smith, aka Bazlenka, the Western Bulldogs' blue-eyed larrikin with the blonde mullet, is one of the poster boys of the AFL's next generation...
746 54 23
After a long time relationship with a boy by the name of Ben, Lucy is shocked to find that he was cheating on her the whole time they were together...
220K 4K 122
What happens when they start to catch feelings for each other. Will they end the "relationship" or Will they play into their emotions towards each ot...