Summer Love - James Worpel

By gobulldogs_

It started out as a fling, but little did they know it would turn into something more than that. After it di... More

A/N & Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Epilogue

Chapter 51

177 7 25
By gobulldogs_

First week of school holidays. 

How nice is it to be able to sleep in? Not have to worry about getting up and beating the morning commute to work. 

God I love this feeling of holidays. 

And what makes these holidays extra special, is obviously Easter is coming up! Which also means Good Friday footy for my boys, and Easter Monday footy for Worps and the Hawks boys.

The season hasn't been so great for the dogs. We won our round 3 match against the Swans, with my brother kicking the winning goal as usual, a similar goal to another game against the Swans back in 2019. We then lost our round 4 clash against the Tigers. It was a pretty shocking game if you'd ask me. Everything was basically going right, except our bloody goal kicking. The boys kicked 7 goals and 19 behinds, flip that around and we would've won. By 22 points exactly. 

The Hawks played amazingly in round 3, but couldn't hang on and lost by a point to Carlton who are flying at the moment. They won their first 3 games in a row and really look like they're gonna push for finals (maybe). But the Hawks weren't so great either in round 4, getting smashed by the Saints by 68 points. Was pretty disappointing not gonna lie. And James was frustrated with himself because he didn't have a good game, but I managed to cheer him up and focus on the positives. 

But anyway, we move on to this week I guess! 

Today is also a pretty special day as finally our house has settled! So James and I are officially going to move in today, which I am excited about. 

Marcus and Em are gonna help us out, as it's going to be hard to transfer all of our things to the new house with just the two of us. So they dumped Matteo and Bella at my parent's house before helping us move boxes from their house, to James and I's new house. 

"God Tahls, I didn't know you had this many things." Marcus says as he loads a box into his Mercedes ute. 

"I know..." I say. "It's a lot." 

"You know I can help yeah?" Em says and Marcus shakes his head. 

"Babe, you're pregnant, you shouldn't be lifting heavy things." 

"Oh come on, some of these boxes aren't heavy." She says as she passes one of the lighter boxes to me and I smile. 

"You can pass me the lighter ones." I say and she smiles as she hands me another box. 

"Alright, this is all I can fit in here for now, we'll come back for the rest." Marcus says and I nod watching as Marcus walks around to the drivers side of the car, jumping in and turning the car on. 

"You guys getting in or?" He says and both Em and I laugh as we jump in. 

"Lead the way Tahls." He says and I smile as I tell him the directions on how to get to my new house. 

------------------

"Oh, it's actually not that far." Em says and I chuckle. 

"I told you." I say and Em smiles. 

"We're basically neighbours." 

"I wouldn't say that." Marcus says as he pulls into the driveway where James' car is parked. 

I jump out, running inside to see James starting to unpack his stuff as Dylan, Will and Finn helped him move his, which took all morning. 

"Finally you're here." He says and I smile. 

"We still got a lot more boxes." 

"Fucking hell Tahls, how much shit do you own?" 

"A lot apparently." I say with a laugh and he laughs too. 

"It's alright, I'll go back with Bont and collect the rest of your things." He says pressing his lips to mine before walking down the hallway and out of the house. 

I smile as Em walks down the hallway, exploring the house. 

"Wow." She says. "This house is amazing." 

"I know." I say and she smiles. 

"I can see why you've fallen in love with it." She says as she goes around and inspects the house whilst Marcus comes in carrying a box. 

"You know these boxes don't move on these own?" He says and I sigh, walking out of the house to the car, where I grab a box, walking back in and placing it on the floor. 

"Good luck carrying all these up the stairs." Marcus says. 

"It'll be a good workout." I shrug as I follow him back out of the house to grab some more boxes. 

"Are there any more?" James asks as Marcus and I walk back into the house. 

"There's one more left." Marcus answers as he places a box on the floor and James nods, heading out to the car to grab it. 

"Em and I will go back and grab the last of the boxes." 

"You sure? James can go with you?" 

"Nah, I know Em will wanna help." He says and I chuckle. 

"Alright." I say just as James walks back in with the last box in his hand. 

"Alright, we'll be back." Marcus says as he walks out the door with Em not too far behind. 

"Wasn't I gonna go with him?" James asks once they've left and I shrug. 

"He probably wants some alone time with her... if you get what I mean." I say rolling my eyes and he smirks. 

"Well I won't be complaining, I'll get to spend some time alone with you." 

"Yep, helping me take these boxes upstairs." I say picking up one and starting to walk upstairs. 

"You're boring." James jokes. 

"Clearly I'm not boring if you fell in love with me." 

"Point taken." He says as he follows me up the stairs and into our bedroom. 

"Surprised you managed to get the boys to bring over your mattress." 

"Yeah well, it took a lot of convincing, but I bought them maccas so everyone's happy now." 

"So you had to bribe them?" 

"Basically." He says as he flops down onto the bed and I smile, joining him. 

"I can't believe we're actually gonna be living together." I say looking into his gorgeous hazel eyes and he smiles. 

"I know baby, it's surreal." He says before placing a kiss on my lips and I smile. 

"We should probably bring the rest of the stuff up." 

"Sounds like a plan." He says getting up and heading downstairs as I follow behind him...

A few hours later....  

We finally managed to get all the boxes in their rightful positions, but haven't even begun unpacking them, except the ones that held all the kitchen stuff like cups, cutlery, cooking utensils etc. The other boxes we can unpack over the next couple of days. 

I flop back onto the couch, completely exhausted from the hectic day we've had. 

"God I'm exhausted." I say and James chuckles as he pulls me into a hug. 

"Good thing we have the rest of the evening to do jack shit." 

"So looking forward to that." I say. 

"Me too." He says and I smile. 

"Although, I am a bit hungry..." I say and James laughs. 

"When are you not hungry?" 

"I'm sorry I basically didn't have time to eat today." 

"Babe you always have time to eat, unpacking could've waited." 

"I guess." I say and he smiles. 

"Let me guess you want a medium Big Mac meal with a coke and either an apple pie or M&M McFlurry?" He says and I smile. 

"How'd you know I was craving Maccas?" 

"I can just tell you were." He says. 

"You don't have to get anything if you don't want." 

"Who says no to Maccas?" He says and I shrug. 

"Well, I guess you haven't had your cheat day yet." 

"Exactly." He says picking up his phone and bringing up Uber eats, before clicking on Maccas and selecting my meal. 

"So is it an apple pie or McFlurry?" 

"Hmm, I'll go the McFlurry since I had an apple pie last time I got Maccas." I say and he smiles, selecting the M&M McFlurry before exiting out of it and selecting the burger he wants. 

"I wish they brought the McFeast back." 

"Stop you sound just like my Dad." I say and he smiles. 

"Did he used to get the McFeast burger too?" 

"Yep! Every time we'd get Maccas he'd get it." 

"Wow." He says and I smile. 

James puts the order through before I decide to turn the Tv on and find a movie to watch. 

"Ooh, this seems like a good movie." I say pressing on one that's called Through My Window. 

"It looks shit." 

"You haven't even watched it." I say and he shrugs. 

"It just looks boring." 

"I can say the same thing about you." I tease and he pretends like he's been stabbed in the chest. 

"Ouch, that hurts." He says and I smile, leaning over and placing a kiss on his cheek. 

"I'm joking." 

"You better be. Starting to regret my decisions of moving in with you." He says and I laugh. 

"Well you're stuck with me now." 

"I sure am." He says leaning in to place a kiss on my lips. "We gonna start the movie?" 

"Nah we'll wait for our food." I say and he nods. "Does it say how long?" 

"Yeah, the driver is on his or her way to Maccas to pick it up." 

"Good, cause I'm starving." I say and he chuckles. 

"Hey Tahls, can I rant to you for a second?" James asks and I nod.

"Of course, what's up."

"This stupid umpire abuse rule. Like I'm all for it, but you can't even put your arms out anymore to ask why? I put my arms up out of frustration, you can't help that, its an emotion, it's apart of the game."

"I know James I know. You guys are gonna turn into penguins."

"Penguins?"

"Yes Penguins, cause they don't put their arms up." I say and he laughs.

"Would you like me to do a demonstration?" I ask getting up and demonstrating how the players would need to act.

"So the umps just made a shit decision, and you want to put your arms up saying "what for" oh no, don't move, put your hands to your side, and stand there, don't even think about putting your arms up. You put one arm up. OH THAT'S A 50." I say and James laughs, he laughs really hard and I am pretty proud of myself.

"You put the other arm up. OH IT'S 100 NOW, JUST GIVE THE OPPOSITION A GOAL EVERY TIME AN ARM GOES UP." I yell which makes James laugh harder.

"This made my day." He says and I smile.

"I'm glad."

"I wish I recorded that." He say wiping his eyes from the amount of laughing he's done in the past 5 minutes.

"I can do it again if you'd like?" I ask and he starts laughing again as I do it all over again as he films me. 

James continues to laugh even once I've sat down on the couch and it is the cutest thing ever. 

I love how I can make him laugh by doing the smallest things. But I mean, I am pretty funny so not surprised he's in hysterics. 

He is still laughing when the doorbell rings and I get up, sprinting to the door to grab our food. 

The uber eats driver left the food on the porch, so I quickly grab it, shutting the door behind me and walking down the hallway to the lounge room where I place the bag on the table. 

James is watching the video of me and still dying of laughter and I shake my head. 

"Are you gonna stop laughing?" I ask and he shakes his head. 

"Probably not." He says in between laughs and I sigh, as I unpack our food. 

I make sure to put the McFlurry straight into the freezer so that it doesn't melt, before I dig in to the Big Mac. 

James presses play on the Movie and we eat our meals, eyes focused on the screen as the movie begins..... 

*** 

And they have finally moved in! YAYYY 

Exciting new chapter for both Tahls and Worps! 

Remember to vote and comment 

Next update out Wednesday!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

220K 4K 122
What happens when they start to catch feelings for each other. Will they end the "relationship" or Will they play into their emotions towards each ot...
4.3K 623 24
I met my celebrity crush! They say don't meet your heroes because you could be disappointed, so I suggest you read my story and make your own decisio...
746 54 23
After a long time relationship with a boy by the name of Ben, Lucy is shocked to find that he was cheating on her the whole time they were together...
6.2K 191 23
[ DISCONTINUED ] Maddy is the type of girl to always put her education first, she never thinks about her dating life and all she cares about if gradu...