Kindred Spirits

By Mady_Jenkins

Maeve and her twin brother, Roman, were born eighteen years before the Civil War, living in the same town as... More

Character Aesthetic's
Part One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Part Two
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Kindred-Spirits
Part Three
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Part Four
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
The End

Chapter One

243 2 0
By Mady_Jenkins

- The Love Story Of Beckett and Juliette -

__~~__

Love was once something she had read in Shakespeare's infamous Romeo and Juliet, but she never knew it would be something she had. Juliette Bishop, a small town girl, who took long walks down the path in the woods behind her house and grazed her hands through the wildflowers in the the glade. She smiled as the bees buzzed around her head as she planted flowers with her house maid, Margaret, who was more of a mother than her own.

That was the first time she had seen him, Beckett Parker the Major of the Army, was when her hands were muddy and she smelt of pollen. He had been walking down the street with his soldiers, talking about how lovely the small town was, when he had seen Juliette with Margaret planting flowers at the bast of the stairs.

He smiled at the sight, watching as she laughed at whatever Margaret had said to her before she had noticed the army men that stood at the gate. They weren't there for anyone, just watching the two have a splendid time planting cosmos. Well, more like Beckett was, the two other men stood waiting for their Major.

Juliette had whipped her hands on her smock while she stood, smiling at the men. Margaret had pushed her to talk to them, saying it'd be best she said something to the men before her mother caught sight of them. Juliette rushed to the gate after she had heard what Margaret had said, knowing it was true.

As she spoke to the men, she began to blush at the smallest complements Beckett had spoke. She hadn't realized she was doing it until her mother barged out of the house, nagging about how dirty she was and how her face was probably burnt from her time under the sun due to the rosy-red hue across her cheeks.

As time passed, Beckett and Juliette spent much time together. They talked about everything and anything they could think of. She even showed him her favorite path through the woods that led to the glade filled with wildflowers and buzzing bees.
The more Juliette spoke about her favorite hobbies and interest the more Beckett fell for her. Sure, she was beautiful and had all the right curves in all the right places, making her look mature for her ripe age of eighteen.

Soon Beckett's visit was nearing the end, which disappointed Juliette due to wanting to know more about the Major. Little did she know he had asked her father, William Bishop, for her hand in marriage. When he knelt to one knee, she was brought to tears and was completely shocked he had wanted to marry her. Sure, she knew he had been flirting with her and enjoying the time just as much as she had been, but not many men stuck around when they found out she wasn't the typical woman.

With abilities like hers, she hid herself behind the silk curtains her mother demanded to have, hoping no one took a peek inside. But instead, he was bewitched by the abilities. He found them fascinating and admirable.

Once they wedded, she followed Beckett everywhere he had went, never wanting to be left behind. One day, they settled down in a small town in Texas. Juliette had grown tired of the constant moving and Beckett wanted to start a family of his own.

So that's what they did. They bought a two story house with a beautiful garden and a porch that would be perfect to watch the children as they played in the yard. After three years and two miscarriages, Juliette birthed twins.

The first born was a boy, his head filled with deep brown, almost black, curls that was surprising long. His cheeks were full and his nose was in a button shape. The second was a girl, her hair a similar deep brown color, but it was more of a charcoal black than anything. Ringlets framed her face and her button nose made her look like a porcelain doll.

It was remarkable how similar they looked, if it weren't for their eye colors it would've been hard to tell them apart. The boy had blue-hazel eyes while the girl has ocean blue eyes.

They named the boy after Beckett's grandfather, Roman Jones Parker. He grew into the name greatly, especially since he was a lot alike his great grandfather, brave and adventurous. The girl was named after Margaret Maeve, Juliette's house maid from her childhood, and her favorite flower, Maeve Rose Parker.

The children flourished in the two story house in the small town in Texas. They were especially close to the family that lived close by, the Hale's. Roman was close to Jasper, the Hale's son, while Maeve was friends with the girl across the street, Poppie. Although they never really did need friends, they still made them.

When Jasper was sixteen, almost seventeen, he joined the army. Roman didn't see why he would want to be in war, but he supported him anyways. As Jasper trained for war, Beckett was told of the upcoming war. So, he helped train Jasper to be a skilled soldier, making him a Major at the age of seventeen.

~
- War Separated The Strongest Of Families -
~

The Hale's said goodbye to their son while Beckett kissed his wife and daughter, giving a tight-gripped handshake to his son. The goodbye was tear jerking and heart clenching. Never did Juliette think she'd have to kiss her husband goodbye again after they settled down in the small town of Houston, Texas.

That was the last time they had seen Beckett Parker human. Juliette was stunned when she had seen her husband when he finally returned home. His eyes were a piercing red color and his hunger for blood wasn't like anything she had ever encountered. So, she did what she knew best, she casted a spell on him.

Once the spell was placed, his appearance was human, his hunger was for both human food and blood, and he was still incredibly strong and fast. She then blessed a ring to keep the shining skin from being seen by the eyes of everyone around him.
After he returned, they moved away. The family moved from place to place, never staying to long due to the never aging man.

One day, Beckett's family came down with an illness; one no doctor had ever seen before. His family looked skeletal and were throwing up blood. Juliette didn't want to die; there was still so much she wanted to do with her family, so she looked for a spell to keep them from dying for this horrid illness.

When she finally found one, she was on the verge of death. She drank from the vial before making her son and daughter do the same.

No one knows what the concoction was made from besides Juliette. And she made sure to keep it that way, concealing it in the deepest part of her mind. A few days after they all took the vial, they died. Blood dripped down from their eyes and ears, a pool of their blood drowning them each. They laid in their beds, blood all around them, dead for three days before they all awoke. The doctors found it strange how quickly they went from deathly ill to perfectly healthy.

It was like 'magic', they had said. And it was magic, true and deep magic that was birthed in the core of Juliette Parker. After that day they awoke, Maeve and Roman could suddenly do things the couldn't do once before. So, Juliette taught her children how to use and conceal their abilities to keep them all safe.

A few years later they ran into Jasper, glad to have seen him alive and well. He to was whatever their father had been turned into. Blood was triggering to him, but he hid the hunger well. He also told the family of his new abilities, being able to feel and manipulate emotions.

So, Jasper and the Parker family decided to stay close together. Years later they found Jasper's mate, Alice. Alice was a small woman with deep black hair and amber eyes. It was then that Beckett and Jasper learnt to feed off of animals to prepare for their new life they would find with a family.

Life seemed to be happy and lively for the family and the soon to be family.

__~~__

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 22.3K 58
This story is complete and Edited ⚠️Warning⚠️ Smut in this Book!- Description of sexual activity, body parts, Inappropriate language, gif that show S...
442K 19.4K 29
❝I guess we are both angels in each other's stories and demons in our own context.❞ ~ After coming back to Forks at the news of his a...
575K 12.9K 60
"My business is... because right before my family left... I promised Edward that I will look after you! My business is because I promised to look aft...
90.6K 2K 26
Brinley Holt just moves to Forks, Washington to help her parents out since they decided to move up here. Mom works in Port Angeles, and dad works at...