Summer Love - James Worpel

By gobulldogs_

It started out as a fling, but little did they know it would turn into something more than that. After it di... More

A/N & Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Epilogue

Chapter 45

195 7 26
By gobulldogs_

^^ That damn smile 🥰

"Hey Tahls you know Worps won't run away yeah?" Baz jokes as I speed walk to the car. 

"You know Baz, I love you, I really do, but sometimes I just wanna grab a pan and wack it over your head." I say which makes Ads and Dunks laugh who are walking behind us. 

"Wow, that's just mean." 

"Sorry, not sorry, gotta go." I say blowing kisses to all of them as I walk over to the car and jump in, greeting James with a kiss. 

"Blowing kisses to your colleagues hmmm, something I should be concerned about?" 

"Nope." I say and he laughs. 

"Good." He says as he puts the car in drive and drives off. 

"How was training?" I ask and he nods. 

"Good, Mitchell is really pushing us to keep winning this week." 

"That's great James." I say "Port over there is pretty hard though." 

"Yeah it is, but I reckon we're up for the challenge." 

"I definitely agree." I say and he smiles. 

"Anything interesting happen today?" He asks and I nod. 

"I shouldn't be telling you this but Bont number 3 is on the way." 

"They're having another one?" He questions and I nod. 

"Yep." I say and he smiles. 

"That's awesome." He says and I smile. 

"I know, Em told me before." 

"Well congrats on being an aunty again." 

"Thanks, I was kinda shocked, I thought they were done." 

"Clearly you thought wrong." James says and I smile. 

"Definitely did." I say then I sigh. "So where exactly is this house?" 

"It's in Kew." 

"Kew?" 

"Yep." 

"James, you know the houses are fucking expensive in Kew?" 

"I know. But I love this house." He says as he backs out of the car spot, and starts the drive down to Kew. 

"I pray to god that this house doesn't cost a fortune." 

"Can't promise anything." James says and I sigh. 

"James..." 

"What? Trust me you'll love it." He says and I sigh. 

"I better...." 

Not long later we approach this gorgeous double story house that looks like a Mansion. 

"James... this looks like it'll cost a fortune." 

"Tahlia, have I told you I'm mates with the agent? The family have offered to give it to me for much cheaper." 

"You've gotta be joking." 

"I'm not." He says as he parks on the nature strip. 

We both get out of the car and walk up to the front door where the agent is waiting for us. 

"Hey Bob mate." James says and Bob smiles. 

"Hey James how are ya?" 

"Good, good, just had training and I thought I'd pop past to finalise the papers." 

"Yes. Good decision you've made. This house is a beauty! And is kid friendly as well with the backyard having enough grass space for the kids to play, when you two plan on having kids." Bob says looking at me and I chuckle. 

"Definitely not up to that stage yet but I'm Tahlia, nice to meet you." I say and Bob smiles. 

"Nice to meet you too Tahlia, James has spoken a lot about you." 

"I could imagine." I say and he chuckles as we walk into the house and my jaw drops. 

The design is so elegant and sophisticated. With every step I take into the house, the more I fall in love with it. 

There are 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and can park 2 cars in the garage, it's a pretty big house not gonna lie. But I love it. 

We continue walking through the house and I nearly scream when I see the backyard. 

There's a decent sized pool, with decking and grass surrounding it. It is accompanied by some lounge chairs and an umbrella, with a concrete walkway leading away from the pool and further into the backyard where there is more grass space. 

I now know why the agent said it would be a perfect backyard to have kids. Although the pool isn't so kid friendly as you'd have to supervise them at all times in the backyard! 

Thank god for the fence. 

We continue walking through the house before we stop in the kitchen where we start discussing prices and stuff. 

"I'll give you two time to talk about it, but this is the contract, take it home, think about it, then when you're ready, give me a ring and it's all yours." The agent says and we both nod, thanking him before we walk out of the house and back to the car. 

"So... what did you think?" 

"If I'm being honest, I love the house. I really love it. I thought it was going to be more expensive then it is." 

"I knew you'd love it." 

"And it's not that far of a drive to school and the Whitten Oval, and of course Marvel and the G." 

"Of course! That's one of the reasons why I chose this house, it's sort of in the middle of everything." 

"Definitely convenient." I say and he smiles as he puts the car in drive and we head to my house. 

"And you were hounding me for picking Kew before." 

"Well, I'm not your basic rich chick that loves cheese platters and goes to the footy in high heel boots and wears long cardigans, that also has an MCC membership cause Daddy got her a spot." 

"You aren't, but I would love to see how you would go in that situation." He says laughing and I slap him lightly on the arm. 

"You'd never see me there, cause I'm not one of those people." 

"Of course you aren't Tahls. Besides, do the Melbourne supporters actually go off to the snow when their season is over?" 

"Apparently." I shrug and he chuckles. 

"I don't think it'll be an issue if we go halvies." I randomly say and James looks at me. 

"Are you sure? It's a massive step in our relationship and we've only been together for about a month." 

"I know James, but I think I'm ready to take the risk with you. Let's be real here we're not gonna break up. So what's the difference if we wait 3 more months or just buy it together now?" 

"You make a good point, but you know I was always going to buy this house no matter if you wanted to buy it with me or not." 

"I know. I just think that house is perfect for us." 

"That's the first thing I thought of when I saw the house. I was sitting on the couch and thought that I could see us sitting there right now, cuddled on the couch watching movies." 

"That's a cute daydream, but no I agree." I say and he smiles. 

"How are you gonna break the news to Bont?" 

"Just gonna rip the bandaid off I guess." I say as he pulls up to the curb, parking the car in front of my house. 

We both get out and walk into the house where both Matteo and Bella run up to us. 

"Zia!" Matteo yells as I wrap him into a hug. 

"Hey gorgeous boy." I say placing a kiss on his cheek before Bella pulls him away so that she can get some attention too. 

"Hi Bella." I say grabbing her and picking her up, holding her as we walk through the house, and into the lounge room. 

"Hey guys." I say placing Bella down as I take a seat on the couch and both Marcus and Em smile. 

"You've returned to mayhem." Em says and I laugh. 

"I have definitely missed this loud environment, staying at James'." I say looking at James who just chuckles. 

"Did Em tell you the news?" Marcus says hinting to the baby and I nod. 

"Yes she did, congrats you two." I say pulling my brother in for a hug and he smiles proudly. 

"I was pretty shocked." He says and we all laugh. 

"Congrats mate." James says and Marcus smiles. 

"Thanks Worps." 

"Do the kids know yet?" 

"Nah, I'm probably gonna sit them down tomorrow and tell them." 

"That will be so cute." 

"Yep, Marcus was nearly in tears of joy when I told him." 

"Aww." I say and Marcus smiles.

 "I'm just happy." 

"I can tell." I say and they all smile. 

"So what happened with the house?" Em asks and Marcus looks at me confused. 

"House?" 

"Yeah uh. So basically. I think it's time for me to move out." I say and Marcus nods. 

"Okay, but you know you don't have to rush this yeah?" 

"I know Marcus but I feel as though I'm starting to get in the way. Like the kids deserve their own rooms and it makes me feel guilty that I'm taking up a room." 

"Tahlia, please don't feel that way we love having you live with us." Marcus says and I nod. 

"I know, and I love living with you guys too but I feel like the time's right to move out, especially with number 3 on the way, it'll get pretty hectic." I say and he nods. 

I know this news probably wasn't what Marcus was expecting, but I can't live with him for the rest of my life. 

I am so thankful that he let me live with him for so long, that now's definitely the right time to start a new chapter in my life.  

"So you two went and saw a house today?" 

"I've been looking at this house for a while and was gonna go and sign the papers to buy it but then Tahls told me how she's thinking of moving out which made us both think about possibly buying the house together." James explains and Marcus nods. 

"Marcus when I tell you I fell in love with this house straight away I mean it. It's perfect for us. I know it's early days in our relationship but I'm ready to take a risk." 

"I know Tahls, I believe you. I just don't want you wasting all your savings on a house when I can help you out." 

"Marcus I don't want you buying me a house. I can make what I spend back, besides James has insisted that he pays a little more than half as he is stubborn just like you and doesn't want me to pay exactly half." 

"Can I at least give you something? An early easter gift?" 

"Very funny. You've bought me enough over the years. I will be fine." 

"Okay, but you know you can turn to me if you get stuck." 

"I know. We still need to figure out the logistics of things but we'll figure them out as we go along." 

"I just can't believe you're gonna move out." Marcus says and I can tell he's getting a bit emotional. 

"Aw Marcs, don't get emotional on me now. I won't be moving out just yet. The house will need to settle and the people who live there will need to move out, it'll take at least another month, but I'm always at James' house so it's like I've moved out anyway."  I say which makes everyone laugh. 

"Hey don't worry Bont, she's in safe hands with me. If it was up to me I'd buy the house myself but she's stubborn so." James shrugs and Marcus smiles. 

"And this is why I like you. You get me." 

"I do get you." James says and I smile. 

"It's great that you two get along, I love it, I really do. But ganging up on me... really?" I say and they laugh. 

"Anyway you sure you wanna do this?" James asks and I nod. 

"I'm sure." 

"Okay, cause there's no turning back after this." He says as Marcus hands him a pen and he signs his name on the dotted line of the contract. He then hands the pen to me and I sign as well. 

"We'll leave Bob hanging for a few days." James says and I laugh. 

"Whatever, I'm just happy that we're moving in together." I say and James smiles. 

"The boys know about this?" 

"Yeah, I mentioned it to them at training, if anything they're probably happy I'm moving out." 

"Fair enough." Marcus says and I smile when Matteo pulls both James and I off the couch to play the card game snap with him... 

If I'm being honest, I am a bit nervous about how quickly this is all happening. But I know that it's the right thing to do. Besides, it's a pain having to stay at one of our houses every couple of nights. 

I can just imagine how it's going to feel, waking up with him next to me every single morning and not having to worry about who's downstairs or how we act around others, as not everyone loves to see a lot of affection. 

It'll be great, I know it will. 

This is the start of a new chapter in both of our lives, and I am so excited to be starting it with him.... 

***

Hey guys, hope you enjoyed this chapter! 

Tahls and Worps are finally moving in together! 

Question is, have they rushed it? 

I guess we will find out! 

https://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-vic-kew+east-139006895 - that's the house I was looking at when I wrote this chapter if anyone wants to have a look 👀 - keep in mind the house in the story is not exactly as it is pictured on here! 

Remember to vote and comment 

Next update out Wednesday! (And yes, enjoy the sneaky update haha.) 

Also... go dogs! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

158K 2K 69
Dog park love connection (This started as a one shot but has turned into a story)
75.2K 2.7K 51
Maddy is an artist who takes her passion to another level. She wanted to make sure that she could live up to the fact that everything she set her min...
6.2K 191 23
[ DISCONTINUED ] Maddy is the type of girl to always put her education first, she never thinks about her dating life and all she cares about if gradu...
220K 4K 122
What happens when they start to catch feelings for each other. Will they end the "relationship" or Will they play into their emotions towards each ot...