Summer Love - James Worpel

بواسطة gobulldogs_

It started out as a fling, but little did they know it would turn into something more than that. After it di... المزيد

A/N & Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Epilogue

Chapter 44

214 9 28
بواسطة gobulldogs_

^^ It's that damn smile🥺

I am awake pretty early the next morning as I have to be down at the club at 9am. 

It's nearly 8am and I can't bring myself to leave the comfort of this bed. And the man that's just began to wake up next to me. 

"About time you woke up." I say and he smiles, turning over to look at me with one eye open and the other one closed. 

"Can you stop with that smile, it's gonna be the cause of death on my death certificate." I say which makes him laugh. 

"Sorry not sorry." He says lifting himself up and pressing a kiss to my lips which makes me smile. 

He then lies back down, resting his head on my lap and I play with his hair, that is starting to grow out. 

"Did you enjoy last night?" He asks looking up at me and I nod. 

"I did, you're family was so welcoming and I really appreciate it. I'm also glad that they all love me." 

"Of course they were gonna love you. Who could not love you?" 

"I guess you're right." I say and he smiles. "Although, the story about when you had your first kiss that Thomas told was pretty funny." 

"You're not gonna shut up about that are you?" 

"Nope, I'm not. It's just adorable." I say and he blushes. 

"Don't get embarrassed, it's cute." 

"I'm not embarrassed." 

"You sure are." I say teasing him and he sighs. 

"Hey at least I wasn't in my twenties when I had my first kiss." 

"Exactly." I say and he smiles. 

Basically, Thomas told the story of James' first kiss. It happened in year 7 after school at the local park. James had a crush on this girl for ages, so his friends were gonna try and set them up at the park so they got James' brothers there to help them out, to help give James a bit of a push. 

They met at the park and everyone hid, so the girl didn't know that basically half of the year level was was watching this moment, including Thomas. 

Apparently they talked a bit before she asked whether he was going to kiss her so James went in for the kiss, not realising that she just got braces. Their braces got stuck together and they couldn't move apart, it was to the point they had to get Thomas to try and help pull them apart. 

 It was the talk of the school for a couple of months and the girl didn't talk to James ever again until they met at a party a couple of months later and he kissed her again, this time their braces didn't get stuck together. 

"I was just an innocent kid back in the day." 

"Innocent? You? I reckon you weren't that innocent." 

"Not having your first kiss till you're in your 20's, pretty innocent to me." 

"Maybe cause you were too blindsided by school to even give guys a chance." 

"You're probably right. Or I was too dumb back then and had no idea whether a guy was flirting or being nice. Besides, it doesn't matter now, I still managed to get into a couple of relationships." 

"Exactly." He says and I smile, picking my phone up and looking at the time. 

"Shit, I've gotta be at the club at 9." 

"Alright let's get ready, I'll take you there." 

"Are you sure? I feel like you never spend time with the boys." 

"I don't care about them, I care about you more. Besides I'll have all day with them." 

"Alright fine." I say getting up and walking into the bathroom to get changed. I chuck my a my bulldogs polo with some nike skins and my doggies jumper. I chuck on some 270's as they're the only shoes I have with me, before walking out and seeing James still in bed. 

"Imagine having your life." I say taking a seat and he chuckles. 

"It's alright, you can work all you like now but can be a stay at home mum if you want once we're married with kids." 

"What and drive around in a Range Rover and go for lunch with the other WAG's and their kids?" I say and he laughs. 

"Thought that's why you wanted to be with me, for the wag life." 

"It does sound nice. But then we'll be stuck when you retire." 

"I'm sure I'll have enough money." 

"I'm sure you will, but I'm sure you'll be too bored at home once you've retired so you'll probably find work."

"Yeah, I probably will." He says and I smile. 

"Well get up so you can take me." I say and James smiles. 

"Yes boss." He jokes, getting up and walking into the bathroom whilst I head downstairs. 

Dylan, Will and Finn are all sitting on the couch when I head downstairs. 

"Morning. You boys look very productive." I say walking into the kitchen and turning the kettle on. 

"Get those colours out of our house." Will jokes and I laugh. 

"Hey. These colours are ten times better then the ones you wear every weekend." I say leaning against the bench with my arms crossed and he laughs just as James bounds down the stairs. 

"What did I miss?" 

"Your boys are kicking me out cause I'm wearing this." I pout and James chuckles, walking over to me and wrapping an arm around me. 

"Don't listen to them, you look gorgeous." He whispers pressing a kiss on my lips and I smile as I watch him turn the kettle off and make us both a coffee. 

"You guys are gross." Finn says and we both laugh. 

"Mate one day you'll be in my position." James says and I smile. 

"So what's your plan for the day?" 

"We got training don't we?" Finn says and James shakes his head. 

"What day are we playing this week?" 

"Saturday night." 

"Oh right... Mitchell just sent a text that we're to be at the club at 11." He says and the boys nod. 

"You guys are hilarious. Didn't Sam tell you boys after your post-game meeting when review was going to be?" 

"I think he did, we were just too busy soaking up the win." Dylan says and I laugh. 

"Pay more attention next time." I scold them as James looks at his phone. 

"It's 8:40, we should probably get going." 

"Oh shit yeah we should go." I say grabbing my things and walking out the door, with James following behind me. 

"Make sure you get a coffee from the shop." James says and I nod. 

"I will, don't you worry." I reassure him. 

We hop into the car and make the drive to the Whitten Oval. 

"I might be crazy saying this but I'm thinking of moving out..." I say randomly and James looks at me with a smile. 

"You are?" 

"Yes. Marcus and Em are married and I want to give them some space, some privacy. I know that if I tell them that they'll say it's no big deal and they don't have an issue with me living there, but I feel as though it's time to move out. I just don't know where to go, or what to do." 

"You can move in with me." 

"I know I can, and I want to. But I feel bad for the boys, they will have to deal with us everyday and I'm sure they won't mind but they're all young and want to be housemates, and I don't want to take that away from then." 

"Babe." James says looking at me. "You're overthinking too much." 

"I know. I just I want my own place but I'm scared of making the investment you know." 

"I totally understand, it's a lot to think about. But it's worth the risk." James says and I smile. 

"I'm sure it will be. I guess I'm just scared." 

"Tahls. It's okay to be scared. But remember you're working two well paying jobs, there will be no way you'll run out of money if that's what you're worried about. Besides, you also have me." He says and I smile. "And I'm sure your brother will help out, he'd lend you anything in a heartbeat." 

"I guess. I just don't know." I say as James pulls into an empty car spot and puts the car in park. 

"How about you go and enjoy your day with the boys and stop letting this bug you. We can talk about this later. Besides, I may or may not be going to look at a house after training." 

"James." I say and he puts a hand over my mouth. 

"I've been wanting to buy this house for ages so don't." He says and I sigh, shaking my head. 

"Well, you're picking me up from training so I will be coming with you." 

"Of course." He says as I lean in, placing a kiss on his lips before I jump out of the car. 

"Have fun." He says and I smile. 

"You too, bye." I say, closing the door and starting to walk away from the car. 

I walk past the EJ Whitten Statue that is in the middle of the round about, when I bump into Baz who smirks at me. 

"Aw look at you getting dropped off by your boyfriend." He teases, wrapping an arm around me and I roll my eyes. 

"Shut up, you're just jealous." 

"Me jealous? Never." 

"Hmm, you sure about that?" 

"Definitely." 

"Okay." I say as we walk through the doors and say hello to the ladies sitting at the desk. 

They're renovating the Whitten Oval so the reception and bulldogs shop are together, which is a bit confusing but originally where the merchandise shop was, they've blocked it off. 

Once these renovations are done, it's going to look awesome. 

Baz and I make our way to the gym where all the boys have started to gather. 

I walk over to my brother who's talking to Anthony Scott aka Tony. 

"Hey boys." I say pulling them both into a hug and they both smile. 

"Long time no see." My brother jokes and I sigh. 

"What happens when you get a boyfriend." Tony jokes and I nudge him. 

"HA. HA. Very funny." 

"How'd it go meeting the parents last night?" 

"Oh shit that would've been scary." Tony says and I laugh. 

"It went good. His parents are awesome. I love them both already, along with his 8 siblings." 

"8 siblings?" They both say completely shocked and I nod. 

"Yep, 8 of them." 

"Fuck." Tony says and I laugh. 

"They're all lovely too." 

"Older or younger?" 

"He's the second youngest." 

"Wow." Marcus says and I nod. "Birthday parties would've been hectic." 

"Apparently they were." I say and Marcus smiles as I feel arms wrapped around me from behind.

I turn around to see who it is and I smile when I see it's Cody. 

"Hey you." I say pulling him into a hug and he smiles. 

"How are ya?" 

"Good, you?" I ask and he shrugs. 

"Pretty good. Just living life you know how it is." 

"Would you like to mark 30 sacs by Friday?" I ask and Cody laughs. 

"No thanks, I'll leave that to you, but sounds fun." 

"Oh it sure is fun." I say rolling my eyes as I see Em standing in the doorway. 

"I'll catch you guys later." I say to the boys before walking over to Em. 

"What's up?" 

"I need your opinion on some scans that have come back." 

"Alright." I say as we walk into one of the physio rooms where Dunks is sitting on the chair. 

"What did you do?" I ask him concerned and he chuckles. 

"Nothing just got a shoulder bump on the weekend and just got scans as a precaution." 

"Oh okay good." I say and he smiles. 

"Got ya a bit worried there didn't I?" 

"Well yes, cause I had to comfort you through your recovery." I say and he smiles. 

"Yep, I remember, all those one arm hugs." 

"Pretty shocking." I say with a laugh and Em looks at us both. 

"Okay it's not catch up with an ex time guys, do that in your own time, Tahls we've got heaps to get through today." 

"Sorry boss." I say jokingly walking over to the laptop and having a look at the scans. 

"What did you need my opinion on?" 

"It looks all good yeah?" Em asks and I nod. 

"Yes, everything's clear." 

"Alright good, just making sure." 

"So I'm all good? I can go?" Josh asks and I nod. 

"Yep you can go see Ads." I say and he smiles as he leaves the room. 

"Thanks girls." He says before closing the door. 

"You didn't call me in to look at the scans did you?" I say and she sighs. 

"Yeah you're right. I guess I'm just a bit freaked out."  

"Freaked out by what?" 

"I did a pregnancy test this morning, before we left the house, and I'm pregnant." She says and my mouth drops. 

"WHAT?" I say and she nods. 

"Yep." She says with a smile. 

"Oh my god Em, I'm so happy for you." 

"Have you told Marcus?" 

"No not yet, I didn't want to distract him from training and I don't really want any of the boys knowing yet since it's still early days." 

"No that's fair enough, but this is exciting." 

"I'll tell him in the car though. I'll even film his reaction and send it to you." 

"Aw I can't wait to see it. But I'm so happy for you guys." 

"Thanks Tahls." She says and I pull her into a hug. 

"It's kind of fitting cause after here I'm going to look at a house with James." 

"Really?" 

"Yep, I mean he was going to look at this house anyway as he's had his eye on it for a while so I thought I'd tag along and if I like it I may buy it with him." I say with a shrug and Em smiles. 

"But that'll mean you'll move out?" 

"Yes." I say and she sighs. 

"Tahls, I don't want you to feel as though you need to move out cause we're having this baby. He or she is gonna sleep in our room for the first couple of months. And both Matteo and Isabella are both okay with sharing a room." 

"I guess so but like I was saying to James, moving out has been on my mind for a while. And besides, Matteo is gonna be 4 this year and Bella 2. I think they deserve their own room." 

"You do make a point. But they're still little, they will be okay sharing a room for a little while longer." She says and I nod. 

"I guess so but we all had our own room at the age of 2." 

"You're right." She sighs and I shrug. 

"Look it's up to you but I'm still looking at moving out." I say and she nods. 

"But I'm just stuck on whether or not to buy the house with James, or just let him buy it cause what happens if we don't work out? Who gets the house?" 

"Tahls, look at me. Marcus and I went half on the house we're living in right now way before we got married and look how we turned out. It's a risk, but it will be worth it if it works out in the end." 

"I guess you're right. I just gotta speak to Marcus and see what he thinks. I just need more opinions cause I'm so undecided." 

"God you two are the same person." She says and I smile. 

"And you might have another mini him running around in 9 months." 

"Stop that just makes my heart burst." 

"Bont 3.0." I say just as Marcus walks in the room

"What about me?" 

"Oh, we were just gonna bring up your scans from your ankle." 

"That's what I came here for." Marcus says sitting down and I smile, looking at the scans with Em. 

"Seems fine to me." I say and Em nods. 

"Yep, looks like there's no damage showing on the scans. But if we look at the ultrasound, you can see that there is a little tiny bit of damage done, but it's definitely not a syndy. You've just sprained your ankle babe." 

"Can I just say that was hot." He says and Em laughs whilst I roll my eyes. 

"Save it for when I'm not around please." I say and they both laugh. 

"But okay, so what now?" 

"You got any pain?" I ask and he nods. 

"It's on and off but pain killers have helped heaps." 

"It'll probably annoy you for a couple of weeks, but you'll be fine." Em says and he nods. 

"Well thanks guys, appreciate it." He says walking over to Em and placing a kiss on her lips before kissing me on the cheek and I smile. 

"I still can't believe I'm married to that man." 

"He is an angel." I say and she smiles. 

"Alright, who's next?" I say as we bring up the scans of the next player.... 

***

I've had to split this chapter in half as it's nearly 3000 words 😳

When I have ideas I just get carried away. 

But baby Bont number 3 is on their way! 

And yes I have just decided to include their kids now 🥴 - I kinda forgot cause Bont and Em are pretty much side characters in this story haha... oops... 

Anyways, hope you enjoyed this chapter 

Next update out soon!!! (Maybe there will be a sneaky update on the weekend haha) 

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

10.9K 108 38
It must be meant to be when two people parted ways and then keep getting reconnected with one another. But it all turns when it ends up in a love t...
26.1K 757 24
Following the event of Ranpo and Y/N getting together,for some reason...life decides to all go down hill all of a sudden. But don't worry,they're sti...
23.6K 247 14
Story of how Caitlin and Katie came to be together. Through all of the ups and downs until they finally realized they could be happy together
6.2K 191 23
[ DISCONTINUED ] Maddy is the type of girl to always put her education first, she never thinks about her dating life and all she cares about if gradu...