Summer Love - James Worpel

By gobulldogs_

It started out as a fling, but little did they know it would turn into something more than that. After it di... More

A/N & Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Epilogue

Chapter 42

215 9 36
By gobulldogs_

Sunday. 

Or should I say game day? 

Yep, that's right. 

Today I am stepping into the role of 'supportive girlfriend' by going to watch James play. 

I am extremely excited about it as I never really paid attention to how James played until we became close, even then I barely watched hawthorn games.. (don't tell James that..) 

And what's even better is that I can say I am a WAG. (even though no one knows that and they think I'm just supporting my best friend...) 

Keep dreaming girls, it can come true. 

I wake up pretty early for a Sunday, quickly getting ready and going over to James' house, where I will be travelling with him to the game. 

It's Hawks vs North. 

Should be an easy win by the Hawks, but then again the underdog does exist soooo, who knows. 

I'm sure it should be an interesting game as both teams were basically holding up the ladder last year, so it'll be interesting to see how much both teams have grown and developed, and became hungrier for success over the offseason. 

Just by looking at the Hawks boys, they're pretty pumped about the game today, and nothing is better when they're all geed up, ready to roll. Maybe this could be the start of something special for the Hawks. James deserves it, he works his butt off week in week out to try and get as fit as possible. Now all we gotta do is hope that all that hard work pays off with a win. 

The drive to James' house was surprisingly smooth, although I did get annoyed as I got stuck behind two Sunday drivers. God they aggravate me. Why can't you just drive the bloody speed limit? Is it that hard? 

I pull up in the driveway, parking my car to the left side of the driveway, before jumping out and walking up to the front door where I unlock it. 

James finally got me a set of keys to his house as I can't be bothered waiting for those lazy asses to get up and open the door for me every time I'm here. (Which is basically nearly every day)... Besides, he's had keys for my house for ages. 

I push the door open and walk in where I see a couple of the boys running around, gathering their things. 

I disregard them and head straight upstairs, where I see James packing his bag and I smile, walking up to him and wrapping him in a hug. 

"Morning." I say placing a kiss on his cheek and he smiles. 

"Morning gorgeous." He says before picking up a hawks scarf and handing it to me. "This is for you." 

"Aw thanks." I say putting it around my neck and smiling as I look at myself in the mirror. 

"Looks good on you." 

"It does, but red white and blue looks ten times better." 

"Unfortunately gotta agree." He says and I chuckle as I turn around to look at him. 

"How are you feeling?" 

"Yeah good, excited that it's finally game day." 

"Good, I'm glad." I say and he smiles. 

"We should probably get going, I love getting to the ground early." 

"Alright, let's go." I say then I frown. "What about the boys?" 

"They're all going together in a seperate car." 

"Oh okay." I say as we both walk downstairs. James grabs my keys off the bench and we walk out the door and to my car. 

The drive to the G was pretty smooth. A few casual traffic jams but got their on time. 

We park in the underground carpark underneath the G. I sigh to myself as I unbuckle my belt and James looks at me, grabbing my hand. 

"You okay?" 

"Yeah.. I guess I am a bit nervous to meet some of the girls.." I say and James smiles. 

"They'll love you Tahls. I've already told them so much about you and they're all very lovely girls." He reassures me and I smile. 

"I guess." I say and James leans in, placing a kiss on my lips. 

"You'll be fine." He says before we both get out of the car. 

I walk with James into the rooms and smile as some of the boys come up and greet me, saying how good it is to see me. 

"Tahls, there's some people I'd like you to meet." James says pulling me over to where a couple of girls are standing. All four of them are stunning and I know they have to be partners of some of the players. 

"Hey girls, this is Tahls, my girlfriend who I told you will be joining you guys today. Make her feel welcome." He says introducing me and I smile at him as he leaves us be. 

"Oh my god Tahlia! It's so nice to finally meet you." One of the girls says, pulling me into a hug. "I'm Emma by the way, James Sicily's girlfriend. 

"Nice to meet you too Emma." I say and smile as I brace the other girls into a hug. 

I meet Claire, Annabelle and Tory. Liam Shiels wife, Jarman Impey's girlfriend and Jaeger O'merara's girlfriend. 

They all seem really nice and welcoming, which I'm glad about. 

"Has James really told you guys heaps about me? Or is he just saying that?" I ask and they all laugh. 

"No girl he is such a simp for you, it's hilarious but adorable at the same time." Tory says and I smile. 

"Well, that's good I guess." 

"Come on, we should head up to our seats." Claire says and we all nod, as we say goodbye to our boys and walk out of the rooms and into the stadium. 

"That pin of James is adorable." Tory says and I smile, looking down at the pin on my scarf. 

"I know. His smile is everything." I say as we step onto the escalator to go up to the second level where seats have been reserved for us. 

"It really is." She agrees.  

The ride on the escalator takes no longer than a couple of minutes. Once up there we walk to our aisle and find our seats. 

To be honest, I've never sat on level 2 at the G, and it's honestly a good view of the ground, as Dad would say. 

"So how long have you and Jaeger been together?" I ask Tory just to make some conversation. 

"Oh a while now." She says. "It'll actually be a year in November." 

"Oh wow. That's a milestone." I say and she smiles. 

"Yeah. It will be! What about you and Worps?" 

"Just over a week." I say and she chuckles. 

"Aw that's so cute." 

"Yeah, I know we got ages to go." I say and she smiles. 

"Does anyone know about it?" 

"Just the people we're close to for now." 

"Yeah, that's how Jaeger and I were at the start as well." 

"It's good to know it's not only us thinking that way." 

"Oh of course not! Every couple thinks like that." She says. "Especially when it's the first couple of weeks." 

"Definitely." I say and she smiles as the crowd cheers and we turn around to look at what's going on. 

That's when we realise the Hawks boys are coming out onto the ground, so we cheer. 

I spot James straight away and smile. He looks adorable as always. 

There's something about seeing him in his footy attire that makes me drool. He is just too gorgeous. 

Let's hope it's a good game... 

----------------------

A good game is definitely what it was! 

Hawks ended up winning by 20 points in a pretty scrappy game. 

There were a couple of lead changes but so happy for James and the Hawks as they start off their season fantastically. 

I make my way down to the rooms with the girls, waiting there for the boys to come in. 

We all cheer when they walk down the race and into the middle of the room to sing the song. 

"We're a happy team at Hawthorn." They all belt out and I smile. 

At least one of my boys got a win. 

I look over at James who smiles, before mouthing that they're going for their post-game meeting and I nod, turning around and talking to a couple of the girls who are waiting for their partners also. 

Not long later I spot James walking over to me. He pulls me into a hug as there is a camera right on us. 

"You'll get kisses later." He whispers and I nod as we pull away from the hug. 

"I better." I say with a smile and he smiles as well.

"You played well today." 

"Thanks babe." He says and I smile. "It was good to be back out there, I definitely have missed playing." 

"I could imagine. And great that you boys got the win too." I say and James nods, then smiles. 

"Feels good to get a win on early." He says and I nod. 

"Well, at least this week hasn't been a complete disaster." I say as we start to make our way out of the rooms and to the car, saying goodbye to people on the way. 

"So you're officially a hawks supporter now?" James jokes and I shake my head. 

"Sorry, but no. Dogs are number one." I say and James chuckles. 

"Fair enough, but what happens if we're better then the dogs?" 

"Yeah... don't think that'll happen... unfortunate for you." I joke and he laughs, wrapping an arm around me as we get to the car. 

"One day I will be a premiership player." 

"And I have no doubt in my mind that, that will happen." I say and he smiles as he unlocks the car and we both jump in. 

"Who's house we staying at tonight?" He asks and I smile. 

"Well... Marcus has booked a nights stay at crown with Em, so we'll have the house to ourselves." I say and he smiles. 

"Sounds like a plan." He says before turning the car on and reversing out of the carpark spot.... 

Not long later we arrive at my house, with James parking in the driveway. 

We both jump out of the car and walk into the house. 

I literally place my stuff on the bench when James runs up to me and pulls me into a hug. His arms wrapping around my waist, before lifting me up so I can wrap my legs around him. 

I look into his gorgeous hazel eyes before he presses a kiss to my lips which makes me smile. 

"Someone can't help themselves." I say wrapping my arms around his neck and resting my forehead on his. 

"I've been deprived for 2 hours, give me a break." He says and I laugh, throwing my head back. 

"Aw, poor Worps. Didn't the boys give you any kisses?" 

"I didn't kick any goals, so no." 

"Oh right, well maybe next week aim to kick some goals so you're not kiss deprived." I say and he laughs. 

"Alright, I'll keep that in mind." He says and I smile before placing a kiss on his lips and he smirks once we pull away. 

"So much for me not being able to help myself." 

"Well you're the one that kissed me first." 

"Can't say I was in Noosa." He says and I smile. 

"When life wasn't so simple." 

"Is it simple now?" He asks and I nod. 

"Yes." I say and he smiles, before putting me down on the ground. 

"I'm gonna go have a shower, you wanna find a movie to watch?" He asks and I nod. 

"Sounds lovely." I say kissing him on the cheek before walking over to the couch and sitting down while James heads upstairs. 

I haven't even pressed onto the Netflix app on the Tv, when James walks down the stairs, drying his hair with a towel, that he places in the laundry shortly after. 

"Did you even have a shower? Or did you just turn the water on and off?" I joke and he laughs as he sits down on the couch next to me. 

"Do I have hair as long as yours?" 

"No." I answer. 

"There's your answer." 

"Still it was like 2 minutes." 

"I don't muck around." He shrugs and I laugh. 

"Fair enough." I say as I hand him the remote and snuggle into his chest. 

We sit there for a bit in silence, looking at the Tv screen on what movie we could watch when James randomly pauses, and looks down at me, smiling that adorable cheeky smile that tied me in from the start. 

"What?" I say looking back up at him and he smiles, blushing a bit as he shakes his head. 

"Nothing. I just sometimes wonder how I'm so lucky to be with a girl as gorgeous as you are." 

"Awww James. You're too cute." I say leaning up and placing a kiss on his lips and he smiles. 

"I'm just grateful." 

"And so am I." I say snuggling further into his chest whilst he chucks on a random movie.... 

 ***

How cute are they? 🥺

I literally love writing cute moments like this! 

I know I said I'll update on Wednesday but here's another one haha 

Gotta get these chapters out!! 

Remember to vote and comment 

Next update out Wednesday!! 

Also Happy Orthodox Easter to those celebrating today! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.4K 247 14
Story of how Caitlin and Katie came to be together. Through all of the ups and downs until they finally realized they could be happy together
158K 2K 69
Dog park love connection (This started as a one shot but has turned into a story)
75.2K 2.6K 51
Maddy is an artist who takes her passion to another level. She wanted to make sure that she could live up to the fact that everything she set her min...
31.3K 1K 12
Based on Teefumz art, a dsmp football au. (Also high school au, so everyone is around the same age) The whole town was excited, the news spread like...