Ink Slinger

By Freya_38

My skin is her canvas... More

ONE (Iselen POV)
TWO (Iselen POV)
THREE (Iselen POV)
FOUR (Ruby POV)
FIVE (Iselen POV)
SIX (Ruby POV)
SEVEN (Iselen POV)
EIGHT (Iselen POV)
NINE (Iselen POV)
TEN (Ruby POV)
ELEVEN (Iselen POV)
TWELVE (Iselen POV)
THIRTEEN (Iselen POV)
FOURTEEN (Iselen POV)
FIFTEEN (Iselen POV)
SIXTEEN (Iselen POV)
SEVENTEEN (Ruby POV)
EIGHTEEN (Iselen POV)
NINETEEN (Iselen POV)
TWENTY (Iselen POV)
TWENTY-ONE (Iselen POV)
TWENTY-TWO (Iselen POV)
TWENTY-THREE (Iselen POV)
TWENTY-FOUR (Iselen POV)
TWENTY-FIVE (Ruby POV)
TWENTY-SIX (Ruby POV)
TWENTY-SEVEN (Iselen POV)
TWENTY-EIGHT (Iselen POV)
TWENTY-NINE (Iselen POV)
THIRTY (Ruby POV)
THIRTY-ONE (Ruby POV)
THIRTY-TWO (Iselen POV)
THIRTY-THREE (Ruby POV)
THIRTY-FOUR (Ruby POV)
THIRTY-FIVE (Iselen POV)
EPILOGUE (Iselen POV)

THIRTY-SIX (Iselen POV)

455 49 15
By Freya_38

"Ruby, where are you?" I ask while turning my head, bewildered. There's nothing in here... Everything is white around me, there're no walls, floor or ceiling, and it doesn't look like the studio where we fell asleep some minutes ago.

The last thing I remember is that we lay on some pillows and blankets while our friends were watching us quietly, my witch took my hand and asked me to synchronize our breathing pace like we do when we meditate before performing a ritual... or before having tantric sex. I remember I yawned and closed my eyes, I felt Morgan getting closer and rubbing her soft head against my cheek before curling up against my back, as she does every night... and that's all. I'm here now but I can't see anything, I feel like I'm floating in the emptiness under a bright light; at least it's not dark and that's nice.

"I'm behind you, babe," I turn around and sigh relieved, taking her hand. It feels real, warm and soft, despite I know it's a dream.

"Ruby, you've scared me. What's this place?" My girl frowns, confused.

"We're in my dream, inside my mind, where we're supposed to fight against that bitch... This is what we planned, didn't we?"

"But there's nothing in here."

"Well, I let my mind go blank while we were meditating to be able to fall asleep as soon as possible. What's the problem?"

"You don't usually dream about a white-coloured emptiness," I answer, shaking my head in exasperation. "The succubus won't believe you've fallen asleep in the studio and will realize this is a trap immediately, you need to create an atmosphere and a credible stage for this theatre play, babe, or she'll run away."

"Okay, I understand, you're right. Mmmm... what about this?"

"The tattoo studio? Do you usually dream about your workplace?" I ask slightly disappointed but relieved because at least there's a hardwood floor under my feet now, even if it's not real.

"I usually dream of you," Ruby answers immediately, making me smile. "Yes, I dream about the studio when I'm very busy and stressed, although those are nightmares, actually... Let me think... Is this better?"

"Oh yes, this is beautiful. Where are we?" I ask taking a deep breath to enjoy the ocean smell, there's wet sand under my feet and tall cliffs around us, waves have eroded the rock and created tunnels covered with algae. The landscape looks like something out of a fairy tale.

"This is a beach I visited years ago, I always wanted to come back..." My precious witch takes a look around, smiling happily, and I nod.

"We'll go together when this is over. But now... are you connected to the coven?" I ask worried.

"No, but I feel Lester and our sisters very close, I think I can reach them easily if I want to. When do you think Abra... the bitch... will show her face?"

"Very soon, I hope, but you have to try to look tired, weak and pale so she doesn't suspect and... Morgan, what are you doing here?" I ask confused when I notice that the cat is sitting at my feet on the sand, staring at me quietly. "Ruby, are you dreaming about your pet?"

"No, she's as real as you," my girl frowns, perplexed. "She must've sneaked in my mind when I opened it to let you in. I don't understand it... what is she doing here?"

"It doesn't matter, you'll answer that question later," I reply closing my eyes feeling a strong headache. "My stomach feels sick so I guess she's getting close, you must get ready..."

"Okay, babe, but remember that her protective charms work in a different way. They don't avert the energy so, if you attack her with a spell, it'll rebound and will come back to you stronger... You'll have to cast a magic shield to stop them." I nod, taking a deep breath and getting ready. We've been working on this, I've been studying magic with Vinnia and the Goddess supports us. I know we'll succeed... The succubus' power won't be able to fight the energy of my entire coven, I'm sure of that.

"Wow, she's prettier than I expected," I admit inside my head while grimacing discreetly. My hunter is freaking out and I feel like I could throw up right now, in addition to this I can feel my sisters' concern because they're watching me twisting on the pillows, probably. "Pull yourself together, your idiot," I growl while my druid tries to shove some sense in the hunter's head, I can't defend myself if I'm feeling dizzy.

The succubus is standing in front of us, staring at Ruby with a mocking grin and ignoring Morgan and me. She's a tall and blonde woman, quite beautiful and she's pleasant to look at, but doesn't look extraordinarily gorgeous and tries not to grab attention. Which means she's smart and this is why she's been kidnapping souls for a long time without anyone noticing it: she's trying to be discreet, even when choosing her clothes. Her dark blue suit is dull and I wouldn't look at her twice if I bumped into her at the airport. She made a huge mistake attacking my coven's friends, otherwise, she could've forced people to commit suicide for years without being bothered.

"Oh, how cute, Ruby. Are you dreaming about going on vacation with your girlfriend and cat? I already told you Iselen doesn't love you, she only wants your fame to be able to promote her books..." I blink surprised listening to her words, her tone of voice is sweet and pleasant, it caresses my ears softly even if what she's saying makes no sense to me. The hunter twists in my mind and my stomach clenches but the druid ignores him and she focuses on watching this woman, shaking her head.

"That's the most stupid thing I've ever heard in my life," I whisper and the succubus looks at me shocked, moving a step back cautiously.

"What are you doing here?" she asks softly, her eyes rake all over my body with distrust when she finally realizes I'm real and Ruby's not dreaming about me.

"I felt curious about you and wanted to meet you, Abrahel," I answer swallowing hard. This is not the right time to throw up on her shoes even if I want to do it. "Are you really a demon?" I try to copy her mocking tone of voice, staring at her pretending not to believe her. The succubus smiles cockily and magical power swirls around her like a warm wind, my hunter freaks out again when he notices I'm provoking her deliberately and the druid has to kick his ass so he shuts up and we can listen to her answer.

"My true nature is hard to understand for a stupid child like you, who knows nothing about magic. Honestly, I don't know why Ruby doesn't die of boredom living with you, she's immeasurably more experienced and wiser than you, any of those witches that are your friends have way more knowledge... You can compare to them. You're too weak and insecure," the succubus answers bitterly and I hold back my breath after feeling her words like a punch in my stomach; my druid lowers her head inside my mind, embarrassed. It's true that this bitch has a gift for finding her enemies' weaknesses and she can say what can hurt them the most.

"Stop it, Abrahel. You're talking nonsense and, anyway, your dirty trick doesn't work with us..." Ruby snorts, amused, before frowning. "We're hear to defeat your and release our friends' souls."

"You two?" The demon smiles smugly again and she even seems to relax when she understands what our intentions are, she doesn't think we can fight her because she hasn't realized how close our sisters are.

"The Council has arrested your minions in New York."

"Those idiots," Abrahel cuts my girl off, shaking her head. "Useless witches and completely unbearable... like your girlfriend." The demon's persuasive voice attacks me again and this time it comes with a small magical energy pulse. I move a step back, scared when I realize she's casted a spell against me, but the charms around my neck are protecting me absorbing the negative energy and she smiles watching me closely, like she's testing the waters and checking my defences.

"Stop it!" Ruby moves a step forward, standing between us. "Release the kidnapped souls, right now." The demon's smile fades from her face when she feels the power around my girl although she still looks confident.

Suddenly, grey clouds gather and cover the blue sky over our heads and waves crash against the beach furiously. Morgan meows scared and hides behind my feet when a stormy wind swirls around us and lightning streaks across the beach, noise is deafening but my stunning witch remains firm, monitoring the demon's movements. I don't know which one the responsible for this storm is, or maybe it's their mixed energy the one changing the landscape, but I feel the power and fury of Mother Nature stronger than ever before. My druid is as surprised as I am and the hunter doesn't freak out anymore and looks around in shock, speechless.

Abrahel raises her hand and throws a blue lightning bolt at Ruby, who deflects it with a movement of her fingers and responds immediately with a powerful white lightning bolt. Unfortunately, it never hits the demon and it rebounds like there's a mirror between them, forcing my girl to protect herself from her own spell. Our enemy attacks again and Ruby fights back while I try to cast a shield to protect Morgan and me, the problem is that we have to pay attention not only to Abrahel's spells but also to my witch's spells that rebound again and again, more and more powerful. She hasn't managed to hit the demon not even once while lightning flash across the sky and the ocean waves raise taller, threatening with flooding the beach.

"This is not working, we need a new plan..." I whisper in my mind, stepping back when one of the blots comes towards us but, luckily, my shield is firm... although I don't know how longer it'll last protecting us. I can feel my sisters' concern in the distance, the coven is watching us sleeping but my girl hasn't connected her mind with their energy yet, I think she's trying to weaken the demon first... unsuccessfully. Suddenly, a blue lightning bolt bangs my head and I fall back on the wet sand. I writhe in pain not only because it felt like a punch but because the druid and the hunter are crying scared and my head is killing me. I can hear Morgan hissing a few steps away and someone screams.

"Iselen, are you okay?" Ruby runs towards me and kneels down on the sand, I can smell her delicious perfume mixed with the ocean.

"Damned cat! You've scratched my leg!" The demon yells while Morgan hisses again, angrily.

"She'll run away," I think dismayed, trying to sit down helped by my girl. "I can't pass out now, we have to kick the bitch's ass..." I close my eyes for a second... and suddenly, I'm in another place I know well: the garden in my grandmother's house. The sweet smell of roses makes me smile while I watch the woman wrapped up with her old cardigan, kneeled down in front of her herb garden picking basil for dinner.

"You see, sweetheart? Mother Nature likes order," the old lady points at the vegetable garden where every patch is perfectly arranged and sorted by the kind of veggies growing there. "Everything has its place and chaos ruins her work, the Goddess gave each living being a mission in this world and we must fulfil it to keep the right balance... If you want to be happy, remember that you have to find your place..."

"Iselen!" I open my eyes again, feeling the wet sand soaking my pants under my butt, Morgan has sought refuge on my lap while Ruby keeps a shield over us that protects us against the succubus' attacks. My pretty witch is sweating and clenches her jaw while blue bolts strike us... the shield won't hold much longer.

"Restituo animam..." I whisper and she looks at me, frowning confused. "Put things back to their places... The Goddess likes order because chaos ruins her work. Souls should be on the other side, wherever it is, and demons should be back in hell..." Ruby opens her mouth to say something but remains silent, thinking for a second, before opening her eyes wide and nodding.

"We don't need to fight her and defeat her, we only need to kick her ass back to hell and this way, we'll stop the chaos she's created, souls will be released and they'll go to wherever they're supposed to go... That's a great idea, babe."

"It's not mine," I mumble getting up slowly and holding Morgan tight. "It was my grandmother's, I've remembered something she told me... What's wrong with the cat?" I ask when she meows pathetically.

"Abrahel kicked her on her side when she scratched her leg."

"She did what?" I ask angrily, holding the animal against my chest. "Poor baby..."

"Well, Morgana hurt her badly too, to be honest," Ruby tilts her head to point at the succubus. It's true that her leg is bleeding and the claws are etched on her skin, I can't help smiling when seeing it... Abrahel doesn't look as beautiful as before, her face is distorted by a hateful snarl while she keeps throwing blue lightning bolts that our protective charms deflect, although they're getting dangerously hot and will stop working in a minute.

"I know a spell that could be suitable for the situation, I think it's time to connect with our sisters... Stay by my side and repeat the words slowly... Do not make a mistake, it's important..." Ruby Rose stares at me with her shiny eyes that doesn't seem from this world and I can feel the love traveling through our bond. I smile and nod firmly, mouthing 'I love you' quietly... The witch smiles in response before turning around to confront our enemy.

"Give it up, Abrahel, this is over."

"That won't happen, not even in your dreams... I'll take your soul with me but will destroy your beloved girlfriend's and you'll never meet again..." Ruby takes my hand and her fingers squeeze mines gently while she gathers all her power and starts whispering a spell, I listen carefully three times before repeating it to make sure I got it right. Clouds swirl above our heads and a warm wind shakes our hair and clothes while the demon keeps attacking us, too blinded by her rage to understand what we're doing.

"It's time..." My girl warns me through our bond and, suddenly, I can feel it. My sisters and Lester are here with me, I smile happily and keep repeating the words carefully. Abrahel has stopped and looks around confused and scared, I think she's noticed that something goes wrong finally. I know she can't see our coven but I'm sure she's realized that Ruby's magical powers is stronger and she doesn't understand what's going on, her survival instinct kicks in and she turns around to escape but something stops her... some kind of invisible barrier keeps her in this dream even if she tries to punch it with her closed fists to get out.

My witch whispers words in a strange language again and again, I don't understand what she's saying but I do feel the sand grains vibrating under our feet, the wind brings salty drops from the waves while we remain focused on the spell, ignoring Abrahel's cries and insults. The demon is getting weak and falls down on her knees, putting her hand on her neck like she can't breathe, but Ruby doesn't pay attention and focuses on sending our energy to Mother Nature in order to cast a successful spell. Our enemy lies on the ground, panting and writhing, and a weird grey fog that gives me the creeps leaves her body and vanishes sinking into the sand.

Suddenly, it's over and everything stops: the wind and lightning in the sky disappear, the sea calms down and she sun shows up shyly between white clouds. In front of us, the body of a blond woman lies on the beach and, for the first time, I get the impression she's normal, a human being, her face shows peace and it looks like she's sleeping. Ruby closes her mouth and sighs wearily, cutting the connection with our sisters, and looks at me, hesitating.

"Well, this is it, I think we succeeded..."

"Did you see the fog coming out of her body? I believe it was the demon, it's pretty obvious they possessed this woman's body... I wonder where she is, the real human, and if she'll wake up one day or we've killed her..."

"I don't know, babe, she could've stolen the body of a coma patient in a hospital since taking control of a living being with a conscious mind is not that easy. Souls tend to fight hard to get the control over their bodies back," Ruby replies. "Anyway, she never admitted to be a demon and never showed real evidence... But I'm sure you're right." The tattoo artist admits reluctantly. "We better go back to the studio."

"Ruby!" A young and pale girl with dark hair, really pretty, is standing in the middle of the beach, smiling.

"Sarah?" the witch answers out of breath before running towards her to hug her. "Goddess, I'm so happy to see you... Are you okay?"

"Yes, thanks to you, my friend. You were very brave, Ruby."

"I didn't do this alone," my girl answers immediately, waving her hand at me to get closer. "My coven helped me and also this beautiful woman I love with all my heart..." I smile shyly, holding Morgan against my chest while Sarah smiles back at me and nods.

"I'm so happy for you both... Please, take good care of her," the cute brunette winks at me, tilting her head towards Ruby.

"Of course, don't worry."

"I have to go now, they only gave us some seconds to say goodbye..."

"What? Where are you going?" my girl complains while her old lover looks at her sadly even if she's smiling.

"You know how this works, Ruby, I really must be on my way. Please, tell your coven we're okay and really appreciate what they did for us... We'll miss you but we're going to pray for you and we'll look after you all from the other side, always." Sarah points behind her and I realize there're two figures watching us from the distance, an Asian old lady with a sweet smile and an old guy with tanned skin who winks at us, smiling mischievously. "Thank you, Ruby... I wish you and your sisters all the happiness in the world..."

"Sarah..." my girl whispers while her friend vanishes in the fog, following Miss Yangyang and Tävibo, a single tear runs down her cheek and I hug her tight while Morgan meows squeezed between our torsos. "It's not fair..."

"I know, I'm so sorry, my love." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6K 270 7
Inch a little closer... Reneé Rapp x Female OC Reneé Rapp x Val Werhman
63.8K 1.5K 10
Kim/Shego Kigo if you dont like it dont read it!
64.6K 3K 22
How could I grow to love her? She took me from flowers to a kingdom of darkness...