Origin of the Fae

By miladyronel

Faerie is the home of all Fae, yet they've managed to infiltrate the Human Realm and make it their home. They... More

Dragons
Faery Hybrids
Magic
Faerie
Galno
Sea Witches
Phoukas
Witches, Warlocks (Wizards) and others
Kelpies
Selkies
Caìt Sìth
Sea Nymphs
Grogochs
Cù Sìth
Elves
Imps
Banshee
Barguest
Domovoi
Red Caps
Gancanagh
Sirens
Brownies
Merrows
Vila
Valkyries
The Furies
The Cailleach
Ankou
Magic Entrances to Faerie
The Faery Queen
Pixies
The Wild Hunt
Leannan Sìth
The Moon
Faery-Hybrid Bats
Faery-Hybrid Monkeys
Raven/Crow Faery-Hybrids
The Grim
Dagda
Duergar
Thin Places and the Other Side
Werehyena
Krampus
Will-o'-the-Wisp
Pegasus
The Fates
Yuki Onna and Tsurara Onna
Faery Trees and Forests
Faery-Hybrid Rabbits
Immortality
Obayifo
Vampires
Ghouls
Werewolves
Kishi
Dullahan
Jengu
Sprites
Yumboes
Sasabonsam
High Fae
Iron and Fae
The Ultimate Warrior - Cian, the Assassin
Keeper of the Veil
Necromancy
Tooth Faeries
Solitary Fae
Season Fae
Paladin
Odin
Morrígan
Ly Erg
Kappa
Half-Mortal
Goblin
Elementals
Dryad
Black Sun
Anubis
The Dark King
Mermaids
Mountain

Mami Wata

10 1 0
By miladyronel

She's the Queen of the Water Fae. She can appear as a mermaid or a human – she can breathe air or water in either form.

She's a renowned figure of African Folklore, and stories of her went with African slaves to their new homes in the Atlantic islands and southern North America. Mortals cry out to her for justice and guidance – which she supplies at a price: devotion. The power of mortal belief fuels her glamour (magical powers).

Mami Wata is a beautiful Black woman who is usually associated with snakes, mirrors and jewellery. If one wanted to contact her, thinking about her while staring at any of these objects will usually call her to you.

The Jengu do whatever she wishes. They are extremely loyal to her. All water fae show fealty to her, but she is only their ruler through might.

As with all mermaids, she is shrouded in mysticism, attractiveness and, of course, vengeance. Her magical powers rival (and can surpass) that of any High Fae.

She is the biggest opposition to the Obayifo (as they destroy all life and the basis of her powers lie within human life).

She has an underwater palace, though none who have gone there have any recollection of its location or what it looks like, just a feeling of opulence.

*Thank you for reading. I hope you've found this informative. Don't hesitate to comment and vote. For more, go to my blog Ronel the Mythmaker to learn all you can about these fascinating creatures.*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

189 24 10
Have you ever wondered what came before us? There are some that feel a connection to nature on a primal level, an innate bond with the earth itself...
1.8K 645 31
A seemingly simple girl who has recently completed high school, turns 18 one night and wakes up to find out the whole truth about her family and thei...
7.4K 382 19
The Origin of Species Chronicles: A psychiatric asylum plagued by demons. Two orphans destined to break free from their mental and physical abuse. Th...
12.7K 1.4K 56
-COMPLETE-(BxB and GxG) The fae are mysterious yet beautiful creatures. They are protectors and they keep the world in order. Humans are boring in co...