Summer Love - James Worpel

By gobulldogs_

It started out as a fling, but little did they know it would turn into something more than that. After it di... More

A/N & Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Epilogue

Chapter 36

174 9 56
By gobulldogs_

"You're hilarious."

"I know." I say as we get into my bedroom. I close the door behind me before I head into my walk-in-robe and change into my pyjama's, while James changes into a pair of trackies he left whilst over ages ago.

I walk out of my closet and smile when I see James already under the covers of my bed and I smile.

"Making the bed warm for me?" I joke and James laughs. 

"Of course." He says as I slide in next to him, resting my head on his chest as he plays with my hair. 

"I can't believe you're mine." He whispers and I smile, looking back up at him, his adorable grin on full display. 

"You're so cute." 

"Cute? I don't think that's the word you used before..." 

"Well, you do look cute." I say and he smiles. 

"Do you know how happy I am right now?" He asks as he pulls me closer to him and I chuckle. 

"By the way you're squeezing me I think I know." I say then I smirk. "See, told you that you are a massive simp." 

"I am, and I'll shout it out to the world that I am a massive simp for you." He says tucking a strand of hair behind my ear before leaning in and placing a kiss on the tip of my noes, and I smile, grabbing his face and leaning in, our lips inches apart which makes him smirk. 

"What are you doing Bontempelli?" 

"What I should've done a long time ago." I say pressing my lips to his. Instinctively, I wrap my arms around his neck, before moving one of them up to play with his hair. Fire courses through my body as our kiss intensifies. 

A few seconds later I pull away, taking a breath before James presses his lips to mine again, before pulling away and smiling. 

He doesn't say anything, but instead pulls me to his chest and plays with my hair. 

"I don't know why I was so afraid of you hurting me." I randomly blurt out. 

"Hey." James says picking my face up so that he can look at me. "You had every right to be scared that I was going to hurt you because that's what every guy has done to you." 

"I guess." I say with a sigh. 

"But it doesn't matter now bubs, we're together and that's all that matters okay?" 

"Okay." I say as James continues to stroke my hair until we both drift off to sleep.... 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, I am awoken by a soft snore next to me. 

I slowly open my eyes and smile, when I see James lying there, still fast asleep, which makes me smile. 

Last night was real. I wasn't dreaming.... 

It. Was. Real. 

I carefully try and untangle my arms without waking him up, but fail badly as his eyes shoot open. 

"Sorry I woke you." I say and he smiles as he lets out a yawn. 

"It's alright, probably time to get up anyway." He says then he frowns. "What even is the time?" 

"No clue." I say leaning over to my phone and pressing on the screen. "It's 9:30." 

"Damn." He says. "I haven't slept in like this in ages." 

"Well, soak it up." I say leaning in and placing a kiss on his lips and he smiles. 

"I will definitely be soaking it up." 

"Good." I say and he smiles, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me onto his chest. 

"Can I ask you a question?" He says randomly and I nod. 

"Yeah go ahead." 

"Will you come watch me play in a weeks time?" 

"James." I say shaking my head. "Of course I will come and watch you. I will come to every game I can." 

"Okay, just making sure I tell you cause you know, maybe you got plans." 

"I got no plans." I say and he smiles. 

"Good." He says getting up and walking into the bathroom and I sit there smiling to myself. 

It honestly feels surreal to think about how James and I are actually together. I couldn't be happier with him, and if I'm being completely honest, there was always a part of me that believed James and I would be more then just friends in the future. What I didn't expect, was how hard it was going to be for me to admit to myself that I like him, and that he is different to everyone else I have ever dated. 

But I guess everything happens for a reason, so I'm gonna stop dwelling on the past and enjoy my time with James moving forward. 

He finally comes out of the bathroom after a few minutes before I go in, splashing my face with water and making sure I look at least half decent. Once I'm done, I walk out of the bathroom and sit back down next to James who smiles at me. 

"So did you enjoy last night?" 

"I did." I say. "And do you know what my favourite part of the night was?" 

"It has to be the picnic." 

"Oh that was good, but no." 

"So what was it then?" 

"When you asked me to be your girlfriend." I say and he smiles. 

"Well, I'm glad, cause that was my favourite part too." 

"You finally got what you wanted." 

"I did, took me a while but I persisted and it paid off in the end." 

"It sure did." I say and he smiles. 

"I was also thinking." He says and I raise an eyebrow. 

"What were you thinking J?" I ask and he smiles. 

"I like that nickname." He says and I smile. 

"Just tell me what you were thinking." 

"I was thinking that we should keep our relationship private for a few months. Just the closest people to us can know about it and that's it." 

"You know, I was actually thinking the same thing." 

"You were?" 

"Yep. I just think it'll be better once we have been together for a couple of months before we post about it." I say and he smiles. 

"You're a little legend." He says pressing his lips to my cheek and I smile. 

"I know how it is. The media went crazy when they found out good old Bont had a girlfriend, and that was a couple months into their relationship." 

"Yeah I remember, didn't they get an article written about them?" 

"Yep, Em had to go to court and she sued the company, cause it was false information." 

"Damn, that would've been tough, I remember hearing it on the news though." 

"Yeah it was a massive challenge for him, and it rocked their relationship, I remember how stressed Marcus was about it because at one stage he thought the article was true, but obviously it wasn't." 

"And that's why I fucking hate the media." 

"Oh same babe same." I say and he smiles. 

"Do you reckon we'll shock the world?" 

"Maybe. I mean I'm surprised no one found out about our little fling..." 

"We were pretty slick back then, besides everyone in Noosa had no clue who we were. It's different if Bont walked in cause everyone knows who he is." 

"True." I say and he smiles. 

"I can't remember what happened when everyone found out about you and Josh." 

"Yeah we were pretty dumb for not keeping it a secret for at least a couple months. Everyone found out straight away and it was pretty big news considering I was dating my brothers best friend." 

"It would've been." 

"Yep, and it was even bigger when we broke up, numerous articles saying how Josh cheated, which he never did, he just... left." 

"The media is fucking cruel." 

"Sure is." I say then he smiles. 

"You know I'd do anything to protect you and our relationship." 

"I know you would J. And I would do the same too. I'm not gonna let no media destroy it." I say and he smiles. 

"Come on, we should head downstairs." James suggests and I nod, feeling my stomach grumble as I the scent of bacon fills the room. 

"Good idea cause I'm starving." I say getting out of bed and walking downstairs with James not too far behind me. 

"Here they are!!!" Em says excitedly as she see's both James and I coming down the stairs and I laugh. 

"Morning guys." I say walking over to the bench and taking a seat. 

"Morning." James says and Marcus turns around and smiles. 

"Was wondering when you two were gonna get up." 

"Just nice to lie in bed you know." I say and Marcus nods, before he turns back to make sure the bacon doesn't burn. 

"Soooo, how was it?" Em asks and I smile. 

"Amazing." I say. "James went above and beyond for this date." 

"It was nothing really, just a picnic rug and a couple platters." He shrugs and I smile. 

"Oh take some credit Worpel." I say and he smiles. 

"Alright, alright." He says and Em smiles. 

"I need more details." 

"I'm getting there." 

"How about you guys set up the table and we can talk about this over breaky?" Marcus suggests and we all nod, getting up and setting up the meals table, before we all take a seat and dig in to the mouthwatering food in front of us. 

"So spill." Em says and I chuckle. 

"Well we basically got there, dug into the platters, and talked." 

"Okay." Both Em and Marcus say. 

"Tahls opened up to me and told me that she likes me, and wants to be in a relationship with me, so I took up the opportunity to ask her to be my girlfriend." James admits and I smile as both Em and Marcus' mouths dropped. 

"I FUCKING KNEW IT." Em says slapping Marcus' bicep out of excitement. "I TOLD YOU." 

"Yes Em, yes you did." Marcus says and both James and I laugh. 

"This is so exciting oh my god, I am so happy for the two of you." 

"Thanks Em." 

"You obviously said yes right?" Marcus asks looking at me and I nod. 

"Of course. I wasn't gonna turn him down again." 

"I gotta admit, I was a bit worried you were." 

"Well, if I did I would've been the most dumbest person in the world." 

"You said it yourself not me." James says and we all laugh. 

"I'm glad you two are finally together. And Tahls, I am proud of you, you've come a long way." Marcus says and I smile. 

"Thanks Marcs, I guess it has been a bit of a challenge for me, but I got through it and I couldn't be happier now." I say and he smiles. 

"Where's my 20 bucks Marcus huh?" Em says and Marcus chuckles.

"Sitting on the bench." He says and Em smiles. 

"Good, I will be grabbing that right after we finish eating." She says and we all laugh. 

Marcus then gets up to start cleaning the mess he made, whilst I listen to Em and James' conversation. I smile every single time I look at him. He makes me so happy. 

I know it hasn't even been a day since we've been together, but I love everything about him and I have been reassured that he will not break my heart. 

I hope our journey is smooth sailing, but I know that it won't be the case, there has to be some bumps along the way, but it won't matter if we're together in the end. 

It seems that all my life I've had nothing I've desired and I had given up having desires at all. Especially when Josh decided to brake every little piece of my heart. I forgot how it feels to want and need the affection of that person. But now, with James, I once again know what it feels like to want and I'll give anything to have it over and over again for the rest of my life, if it means I end up with him... 

***

THE ENDING 🥺

It's been a while since I've written a chapter. 

School has been my number one priority recently, so I haven't gotten a chance to write. 

Maybe I am lacking some motivation too but I'm sure I'll get back into the swing of things in no time! 

Remember to vote and comment 

Next update out Friday!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

325 0 2
Bailey Smith, aka Bazlenka, the Western Bulldogs' blue-eyed larrikin with the blonde mullet, is one of the poster boys of the AFL's next generation...
6.2K 191 23
[ DISCONTINUED ] Maddy is the type of girl to always put her education first, she never thinks about her dating life and all she cares about if gradu...
158K 2K 69
Dog park love connection (This started as a one shot but has turned into a story)
26.1K 756 24
Following the event of Ranpo and Y/N getting together,for some reason...life decides to all go down hill all of a sudden. But don't worry,they're sti...