Her Boss

CrisCee21 tarafından

Have you ever lusted over your boss? Addison Chase is a package full of temptation. She's ahead of her game a... Daha Fazla

1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20

2

10.2K 273 48
CrisCee21 tarafından

I was left baffled for a moment, and the room had fallen silent. Swallowing the frog inside of my throat, I looked at her straight in the eye. I couldn't believe that I just insulted my Boss. I'm an ageist bitch.

Addison said, "small mistake. Let's not make a big deal of it. At the moment, I have something very urgent to tend to, so is there anything else to discuss?" Let's discuss all the reasons why you're so youthful and gorgeous, shall we?

Ben shook his head, and the meeting was adjourned. Everyone walked out in an orderly manner. I was left there seated, replaying what happened in my head. You're a fucking idiot.

I felt a hand on my shoulder, and looked up to see that it was Ben's. I sighed, knowing that I'd humiliated myself, and on my first day, for Christ's sake. God, help me, "I didn't expect her to be so young," what did I expect? Maybe next time you get a job, research who your boss is, Samantha.

"She's a smart one. The firm wouldn't be so successful without her," Ben mentioned.

I nodded, as we walked out the door, and headed towards his office. Mine was in the opposite direction, "anyway, I think I'm going to get started with getting up to date with all the client files," I just need some time alone to wallow.

I was about to make a detour to my office, when Ben placed his hand on my arm to stop me, "you have the rest of the day off, Samantha," really?

My brows furrowed, as he removed his hand, "I want to start work as soon as possible," I could actually use the time away.

"And you will start tomorrow. Go home, clear up your mind, and don't make a fool of yourself again," hopefully, I won't. He smiled at me.

"Okay, but tomorrow I'm making up for it," I went to my office to collect my satchel, before heading towards the elevator. Only four hours, and you managed to become an arrogant bitch, Samantha. Next time, shut your mouth.

After pressing the button, I crossed my arms over my chest, as I waited. My daughter was performing in her school's concert, and I thought that I'd miss it. But since I was given the rest of the day off, I was happy that I could've, at least, made my little girl happy. Well, she wasn't little anymore. She only had a few more months before she graduated high school. They grow up so fast. I sighed.

The elevator door opened, and I walked in. Someone then yelled for me to hold it open. I placed my hand in between the doors, stopping the elevator from closing, and the person walked in. With my luck, it was my Boss. She smiled at me, as she pressed her designated floor button, which was mine, as well. Can things get anymore awkward?

She did say that she had something urgent to tend to, so she must've been leaving for the day, as well. I cleared my throat. I asked, "did you approve of me taking the rest of the day off?" Of course, you did. You're the Boss, after all. I gripped the strap of my satchel firmer. For some reason, I felt tense around her.

"It's my idea, actually. I wanted to take you through the James case, but since I have other plans for today, it made sense for you to start fresh tomorrow."

"I do have other cases," can't you show some appreciation, Samantha? The elevator door opened, and a few people in suits walked in, all seeming to know who she was. We didn't say anything else for the rest of the elevator ride, and when we reached the lobby, we both walked out.

"I have decided to work with you alongside all of your cases," wait, what?

"Any particular reason?" I asked.

She nodded. I wanted an explanation, "all of your cases at the moment are for some of our top clients, the people that I know how to handle."

"So, you're saying that I can't handle them?" I stopped walking, and she did as well.

"Not at all. But they're people I grew up with, one of them is a guy I used to date," she began to laugh, "good thing that didn't work out."

I wondered why she told me such a personal detail about her life, "but isn't that going to be a conflict of interest?" Woman, you can't be on these cases.

"That's why I'm working with you. You'll be the one to defend them in court."

I nodded, trying to understand her logic to it, "do you have personal relationships with all of the clients?"

"Well, most of the clients are people who trust me. We aren't an ordinary law firm, Miss Kepner."

"So I've heard," she didn't answer what I really meant. We walked out of the building, and onto the busy sidewalk. I had to catch a cab, since my car was in the shop because it had a broken tail light, typical for my first day on the job, "I'll see you tomorrow then. I need to hail a cab."

"Would you like a ride?" Addison asked, as she took her phone out from her pocket, "you seem to be in a hurry," I checked the time on my watch and sighed, "I insist," she walked over to a black SUV that was parked in front of the building, "come on, he hates waiting," she opened the door, slid into the back seat, and I did the same, "Good Morning, again," she said to the driver, making him turn, and give her a broad smile.

"Hello, Miss Chase," he greeted, before turning back, without questioning who I was.

She was nice enough to give me a ride, and I gave her a smile as appreciation, "I hope that I'm not inconveniencing you. You seem to be in a rush as well," lawyers are always in a rush. Typical.

She smiled back at me, and clutched her phone against her chest, "it's okay. If you don't mind, he'll drop me off first. My daughter will kill me if I'm late," she's a mom.

I nodded and gave her another smile. She took a call, and I noticed her face lighting up, "Honey, I'm on my way. Don't fret. No, you'll do great," Addison chuckled, "I love you too, goodbye," she shook her head with a smile. I turned my head quickly, and pretended that I wasn't listening, "so where should Marvin drop you off?"

"Oh, umm..." I got distracted, for a moment, looking at how beautiful her smile was, "Mayfield Institute," I said and she arched her eyebrow.

"That's where I'm heading," amusement rose upon her face, "that's a coincidence," it really is.

"Your kid goes there?" I asked. She nodded, "mine too."

"There's such a thing as a small world," we both laughed.

"Middle school?" I questioned, knowing that the entire school was performing. Each class had their own way of taking part in the concert.

She shook her head, "no, she's a senior in high school," I furrowed my eyebrows, "and I guess you think I'm too young for that too?" Actually I do. She placed her phone into her purse, "I adopted her a few years ago," Addison clarified and I nodded.

"I'm sorry if I'm continuously offending you," I said, knowing that it was the second time that I'd embarrassed myself that day.

"It's very difficult to offend me, Miss Kepner. I've learnt that if I take everything people say to heart, I wouldn't be the calm person that I am."

"I still apologize," I'm such a fool. I'd be lucky if she doesn't fire me first thing tomorrow.

"Apology accepted," thank god. She smiled brightly at me. I redirected my focus through the window of the car.

"My daughter's also a senior, so they might know each other," I said.

"She's a very outgoing person, and very friendly, so it's likely that they do. Everyone knows her," I looked back at her. She shifted in her seat to face me better, "she knows everyone at the firm, and I sometimes don't even remember their names."

"I guess we'll find out when we get there. Her other mom must've already made it," yes, Miss Chase. I'm a lesbian, if you were wondering. I sighed. Ginnifer and I weren't on speaking terms, which was one reason why I didn't want to go. But I couldn't disappoint my little girl. I had to place my own feelings aside.

"So, you're married, that's nice."

I shook my head immediately, "divorced, actually," hallelujah.

I saw a small smile creeping onto her lips, "I'm single and my daughter makes it her mission to set me up with all of her friends' moms. It kind of gets awkward when they're straight or happily married, funnier when it's both."

"So, you're a lesbian?" I blurted and immediately felt a rush of heat rising to my cheeks. Oh my god, why did I ask that?

She erupted into a fit of laughter, "I'm sorry. It's just the way you said it," she placed her hand over her chest, and her laughter subsided, "yes, I am."

My heart pounced. My day's taking a turn for the better, "it's just that you did say you dated—"

"That's when I was in high school," she interrupted, "I only dated him because I had a thing for his sister."

"You share a lot," I actually like it.

"I'm an open book," she smiled, "what about you? Can't see why you're divorced."

"I am, though."

"So, what happened? Did she cheat on you, or did you cheat on her, or was it just not meant to be?" I shifted in my seat, feeling uncomfortable with her questioning, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to pry into your life," I gave her a weak smile, but didn't say anything. The vehicle came to a sudden stop, "wait here for me, okay?" She instructed the driver, as she opened the door. I sat there like a fool, as she held the door open for me, "would you like to keep Marvin's company while he waits?" She chuckled, as I caught my senses, and moved over to the side where she held the door open. I stepped out of the vehicle, and she closed the door, "come on, we wouldn't want to be late," she smiled and I noticed that she suddenly had sunglasses on. She unexpectedly linked her arm with mine, as she began to walk, and my feet coincided with her steps, "you're a bit lost today, huh?" You have no idea. I didn't know what was wrong with me. But the tingling sensation in my stomach, and the goose bumps that formed on my arms, surprised me. I hadn't felt that way in a very long time. Samantha, you haven't felt this way in ages. As we walked, I felt a few eyes on us. But, maybe, I was just self-conscious. Soon, we were in the school's auditorium, and searched for available seats. The room was already packed, and there was a skit taking place on the stage. The children seemed to be in preschool. We both sat down, and Addison took off her sunglasses. She exhaled a breath, and placed it safely inside of her purse. Her eyes then traveled to mine, and I noticed a smile on her lips, including the arch of her brow, "are you going to look at me for the entire thing?" She smirked, making my eyes immediately focus on the children on the stage. She chuckled and placed her hand on my shoulder, making me feel a sudden electricity run down my spine, "don't be so tense around me," it's hard not to be. She whispered close to my ear, making me shiver from her hot breath against my skin.

"I'm not," yes, you are. I tried to defend myself, but my body was agreeing with what she'd said. She did make me tense, and conscious of myself. Was it because she was my boss, or because I felt attracted to her? It was both. I internally sighed, as we sat in silence.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

91.5K 2.6K 41
Book 1 THIS BOOK IS COMPLETED Some things are worth fighting for, but not all things are worth keeping. Read an find out how Sam Fight for her love...
2.6K 304 10
•GirlxGirl• Scout O'Brian hasn't had the greatest start at life. Growing up in countless foster homes, hasn't been her ideal childhood. One of the w...
679K 15.3K 60
-C O L E S O N- "Bend over and grab the desk." He ordered in my ear while hitching my skirt up over my behind. "Yes, Sir" After graduating College...
43.4K 1.1K 8
Xander bids is the owner of a multimillion dollar tech firm. She built the company from the ground up in just five years. But when her assistant make...