Her Past, His Innocence

By obsessedmoonreader

Amanda Reynolds is like the normal teenage girl you mostly hear about in stories. Bubbly, friendly and positi... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
1
2. The New Guy
3. Good and bad feelings
4. Getting To Know Him
5. Punches Are Nice
6. A Broken Home
7. Friends
8. Broken Noses And Bruised Knuckles
9. How should I confront him?
10. Waste Of Space In This Game Called Life
11. Good Things Don't Come Easily
12. He Is Back
13. Sky Full Of Stars
14. Food Argument
15. I can't seem to control my hands.
16. Maybe
17. Drunk (Part 1)
17. Drunk (Part 2)
18. He probably wet himself
19. Psychopath
20. Unsafe
21. Stalker
22. What's Wrong?
23. Grey Skies and Clouds
25. Cafeteria Drama

24. Lighter

60 0 0
By obsessedmoonreader

Amanda

You know that feeling you get when you got caught with your hand in the cookie jar? That's what I felt at this moment,except 20 times worse.

It seemed like all the muscles in my body had frozen. I just stood there, my back facing my mom. I screwed my eyes shut hoping that this was just a dream.

"Amanda. I'm talking to you. I demand an answer. Right. Now." She said calmly.

I turned around slowly, my head hung low. I don't think I can handle seeing her face right now. I could already imagine the look of disappointment on her face.

"Look at me."

I raised my head tardily, looking anywhere except her face.

"You were kidnapped? When? How? Why didn't you tell us?" She fired the questions at me, not giving me a chance to explain.

I gaped at her, unable to form words. After a minute or two, I regained my composure.

"Wait, I think you have to sit down first. Please hear me out first." I pleaded with her. She sat down on my bed and I sat down on the swivel chair at my desk.

"So I take it that you heard the some part of the conversation?"

"I heard all of it."

"O-okay. Do you remember that time I planned on going to spend the week at Zane's beach house? That week, I was kidnapped...by Austin." I narrated while playing with my fingers, hoping to relieve myself from all the tension in the room.

"Austin? Like your ex? I thought he moved?" She asked, looking confused.

"It's true that he moved. He did that to run away." I didn't tell he that Austin was back because she would want to involve the police and I really don't want that to happen.

I narrated the whole incident to her and she was full on crying right now.

"But why didn't you tell us all that happened?" She asked between sobs.

"I didn't tell you because you and dad had so much going on your lives that that time. I didn't want to burden you and dad. You both were trying so hard to make ends meet. I tried to tell you but something in my head just kept reminding of the situation at that time. I just couldn't bring myself to tell you." I ranted. Tears were welling in my eyes, threatening to fall.

"Oh, my baby." My mum pulled me in for a hug. That was all it took for the tears to fall.

"You know we need to tell your dad about it." Mum pulled apart and told me sternly.

"Uh... he's aware. I told him when he came up to call me down for breakfast." I said with a sad smile on my face.

"How did he take it?" She asked looking shocked that her husband knew already.

"Um... I think he took it well, but he was disappointed in himself because he didn't notice that there was something up with me." I explained then looked up at my mom. She had a sorrowful look on her face.

"Anything wrong, mom?

"I'm sorry that your dad and I didn't pay attention to you. We were so caught up in our problems that we didn't notice what was wrong with you. I'm so sorry."

I shook my head , smiling a little. "No mom. There's no need to apologize for something you had no control over. Instead, I'm sorry for not confiding in you and dad. You probably didn't notice anything because I was an expert in hiding my feelings. Besides, you and dad are the best parent I could ever ask for." I said as I hugged her.

Mom made a gagging sound. "Ugh. This is getting too sappy for me." She commented.

I responded with a laugh. "I agree with you on that one. You know, dad said the same thing."

"He did? I guess we all hate sappy in the family."

"Yeah. It's in the blood." I laughed out loud.

"Okay okay. I need to go now." My mom tried to pull away but I held her tighter.

I made a soud of disapproval. "No. This position is comfy. You are a big ass teddy."

Mom just laughed at my comment but she stayed still.

"That's better." I said self-satisfied.

"You big baby."

~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that day, I decided to call Aliya and tell her what happened that morning.

"Hey Aliya. What's up?"

"Oh hii. You know, just doing this and that." She answered.

"So... I finally told mom and dad about what happened that week. It was hard and emotional but I did it." I rushed out all in one breath.

"Oh my God! How did they take it?" She asked, concern and interest in her voice.

"Well...they were really sad. Dad was disappointed in himself. Mom was broken. I think I broke them." I explained slowly, choosing my words carefully.

"Ahh. I'm glad you did that. They should have known a long time ago. They deserve to know."

"Yeah. It was high time they knew. I'm glad to get it off my chest. I feel lighter now. But I think they'll be more protective over me. You know, watching me like hawks and all." I sighed and rubbed my face.

"It's expected to feel better about it. I can't help but wonder why you told them." She said curiously.

"You see, dad noticed that something was bothering me, so I kinda broke down. But mom, she found out when she overheard my conversation with -" I immediately cut myself off. I really didn't want Aliya to know that I was in touch with Austin.

"Conversation with who?"

"Nevermind." I said a little to fast so there's a very high chance she knows something is up.

"Ok. Now I'm really curious. A conversation with who?"

"Ok, I'll tell you. But, promise you won't freak out."

"I can't promise anything really." She said, obviously tired with my stalling.

"Austin called. He told me he was sorry about what happened and that I should forgive him and all." I explained.

There was silence for some seconds on her side of the call.

"Hold up. So...what you're trying to tell me is that, that miscreant is asking for your forgiveness?" She seethed.

"Apparently...yeah. But I didn't want to hear whatever he had to say after that point so I hung up."

"Oh I see. Honestly, I think you should stay away from him. He's bad news. I don't want to to go through whatever you went through at that time. Just...stay away from him. Promise me?" Aliyah advised.

"Yeah sure. I promise. I'll make sure to cut off all possible communications I have with him." I promised.

"Great. I have to go now. I just want you to know that I care for you. Deeply at that. I love you. Bye." She said lastly.

"Awwwn. I love you too. Thanks for everything. Truly, I have no idea where I'd be without you and Zane. Love you. Bye." I said, getting a little bit emotional. Then I hung up

After everything that has happened today, I can say that I've made progress. I just hope that all this drama dies down. And soon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 34K 48
Bella is a shy girl, but when you get to know her she's outgoing. When she was 5 something tragic happened to cause her to be the sheltered girl that...
45.9K 2.6K 45
Sep, 26, 2021 : #67 in romance Sep, 26, 2021 : #15 in drama Sep, 12, 2021 : #2 in loving April, 29, 2023 : #1 in mystery-thriller NOT EVERYTHING IS H...
736K 27.4K 59
Jade (jād/) Jade is a girl who is someone you are blessed to have in your life. She has been through hell but always gets back on her feet and shows...
1.4M 52.9K 112
I anticipated every breath, and every word. Each day, you could only take an uneducated guess at what he would say. What he would do. My heart tremor...