Wait... I'm Nightmare!? I Tho...

By Donut2460

(Cover made by me!) (!Updates 1-4 times a month¡) You died by cracking your skull open as you walked out of t... More

•Prologue•
•Chapter 1•
•Chapter 2•
•Chapter 3•
•Chapter 4•
•Chapter 5•
A/N- OMG
•Chapter 6•
•Chapter 7•
•Chapter 8•
•Chapter 10•
•Chapter 11•
•Chapter 12•
•Chapter 13•
•Chapter 14•
•Chapter 15•
•Chapter 16•
•Chapter 17•
•Chapter 18•
•Chapter 19•
•Chapter 20•
•Chapter 21•
Important A/N (PLEASE READ)
Q/A
Q/A
•Chapter 22•
•Chapter 23•
•Chapter 24•
•Chapter 25•
•Chapter 26•
•Chapter 27•
•Chapter 28•
•Chapter 29•
•Chapter 30•
Important A/N (PLEASE READ)
•Q/A (Very Short & Name Poll Results)•
•Halloween Special•
•Chapter 31•
•Chapter 32•
•Chapter 33•
•Chapter 34•
•Chapter 35•
•Chapter 36•
•Chapter 37•
•Chapter 38•
•Chapter 39•
•Chapter 40•
•Chapter 41•
•Chapter 42•
•Chapter 43•
•Epilogue•

•Chapter 9•

5.2K 266 113
By Donut2460

You woke up two days later with a big stretch... In your ghost form...

Was the body being used!? Wait...

You forgot that if Nightmare or Corrupt were awake, and you were asleep, the body could be used by them. So right now, Nightmare was walking around, not goopy, and was playing with his lavender magic, making shapes and twirling it around to increase his accuracy and control in being able to use his magic, as he talked with Corrupt. You let them talk for a bit before you spoke.

'Hey guys,'

"Good morning!" Nightmare chirped as he dissipated his magic.

"Morning,' Corrupt grumbled back.

'I need to make the deal with Farmtale today, so I'll take back control if that's alright.'  You say.

"Are you sure you don't want me to switch with Corrupt first?" Nightmare asks, concerned, since he knew how much it hurt when transforming between two forms was for you.

'I'll be fine, I need to learn how to quickly go between both forms and get used to it anyways.' You say with a small grimace and Nightmare nods with a small frown.

"Alright, if you say so," he says and then he lets go of his control and you immediately take place before the body could fall limp onto the floor.

Catching yourself, you slightly rock from foot to foot as you regain balance. This form for you was slightly weird as since you didn't have the tendrils weighing down your back, you were much lighter which felt a bit weird as normally, you'd slightly lean a bit forward to keep yourself balanced in the other form. This one didn't have that so you mostly had to catch yourself when you did it so that you wouldn't fall.

Stumbling around, you take hold and place your hand on the wall nearest to you and then slowly regain balance and take a few deep breaths to calm yourself down. You'd have to get used to switching forms eventually. Grabbing a cloth, you stick it inside your mouth to bite.

Concentrating on the negativity inside your soul, you slowly bring it out and grit your teeth as you feel your bones cracking and breaking. The corrupt form was complete goop. So you had to be made out of it. And so, while switching, Nightmares body has to break apart slowly to allow the goop to form. Which was painful. Felt like you were being pulled apart little by little.

Why it didn't hurt Nightmare and Corrupt, you and they do not know. Maybe because the first transformation was so painful, that this one just paled in comparison, but there was no guaranteed answer to it.

Biting onto the cloth hard, you muffle your whimpers and keep quiet. It had felt like ages before you could fully transform. But when you did, it was an immediate relief. Sagging down, finally, you sigh as you take the cloth out of your mouth and breathe in a few deep breaths.

'Are... you alright?' Nightmare asks, worried.

"I-" you stutter a bit but are able to get your mouth to work again, "I'm good, all's good, just gathering my bearings, Nightmare."

Corrupt says nothing, he just nods to you. Apparently having nothing to comment on the matter.

You understood. Corrupt wasn't really good at touchy-feely things. He was basically an embodiment of negativity but he sometimes does have his moments, just rarely. Nightmare is different because he's the guardian of it, not the embodiment of negativity despite having a similar kind of aura.

Standing up, you get used to having tendrils again, and just get used to the new form.

Stretching a bit, you sigh and then unlock the doors to your bedroom and greet #15 and #200. (You've had quite a bit of time to memorize who was which).

"Greetings, your majesty," both shadow papyri greet you with a nod.

"15 and 200," you acknowledge and nod back to them as you leave the room to the living room. You felt Cross's presence there. So you decided to talk to him for a bit.

Walking, you greet every Shadow Papyri that passes with a nod, your face's emotion, monotone, not expressing anything as you had a small turmoil in your mind.

You haven't talked with Cross except for making the deal with him and you were nervous! Nightmare and Corrupt were already hidden so you don't have to worry about that. But you also have to find out on how you'll trade or get food for Horrortale! So many things to worry about today!

As your tendrils twitched behind you, mirroring your nervousness, you calmed yourself down before you came into the doorway of the living room. The multiversal television was on, Chara and Cross were watching on it while munching on a bar of chocolate.

"I see you're getting used to this place?" you ask from the doorway, making Cross jump around and narrow his eyes before relaxing and widening them.

"Why do you sleep for so long?" was the first question he blurted out and then he slapped a hand over his mouth and glared at Chara, "Sor-"

As Cross was about to apologize, you answered the question without hesitance, "Because I dont require sleep. So for a few months or years, I remain awake for all 24 hours of the day until I am tired and I sleep for about 2 to 3 days." You say and you add, "Did that satisfy your curiosity?"

Cross nods with a shocked expression on his skull.

"Good. I'm here because I felt your confusion from this whole thing from my room."

"How?"

"Empath. And King of negativity and nightmares. I can feel emotions and negativity feeds me," You say as you move towards the couch and sit down on the other side, "I have come to answer some of your questions because I assume you have some, right?"

Cross nods, "What do you gain by making and gathering a team?"

"Nothing. I suppose," You shrug, "Maybe some to help me spread negativity for the balance, but to also save some from their alternate universes."

Cross looks at you confused, "But aren't you supposed to be evil or something? You are the king of negativity and nightmares."

"People judge books by their covers," you say, "Just because of my occupation and job in this multiverse, doesn't mean that I'm supposed to be bad,"

Cross thinks about it for a while and then nods in understanding, "I see. And how much longer is all of this waiting going to take?"

"A few days. A year. I don't know." You shrug, "Time passes by very fast for me. I have been alive for a few centuries after all."

Cross and Chara look at you, both mouths agape.

"How even old are you!?" Chara says as he momentarily takes control. Cross slaps his hands over his mouth apologetically.

You chuckle in return though,"5 years away from being 500 years old."

Chara gapes along with Cross,"If your jaws open any wider, they might fall off," You muse and almost close your mouth in shock. Shit!- You slipped! They aren't supposed to know that you can see Chara!

Hiding your shock, you look at Cross and Chara didn't seem to catch onto your slip up. Whew. You mentally sighed in relief. Standing up from the seat of the couch, you roll your shoulders to relax them from the stiffness from earlier.

"I have to go attend some business now. Also," you add, "I have brought another Sans yesterday. Call him Axe. You'll know him when you see him. If you want to train for the future, there's a training room inside and if you prefer doing it outside, there's also a place for training outside," Nodding to Cross, you melt and teleport to Farmtale.

Corrupt chastised you for being too lenient.

'You can't just be that nice," He huffs, 'If it were me, I would have been able to spread my negativity to more than half of the multiverse by now!'

'Corrupt, I know that you are the entity of negativity, more cold, more strict, less empathetic, but since I know about everything these monsters have been through, I can't help it! And I'm the one who has to do all of this, keep all of this up, make sure it doesn't go wrong! And I'm trying so hard! I know!'

Nightmare frowns and buts into the conversation, 'Don't push yourself, ok? You have been training and working for a long time and that's a big accomplishment. Don't give yourself the short end of the stick. Corrupts just speaking what he would do. But I agree with Corrupt and know that being a bit more strict is a necessity to make sure they don't try to uncover our past and know about, well, 'this','' Nightmare says as he motions to him and Corrupt.

You nod in agreement, 'Yeah, sorry for my outburst, just, a bit stressed you could say, I guess'

'Understandable.' nods Corrupt, 'I probably should have worded my speech a bit more differently'

'Nah, it's ok' you shake your skull, 'I understand on where your point is, just- the stress of everything from such an almost calm 495 years, I just feel a bit overwhelmed from all of this.'

'Then maybe you should take a bigger break?' Nightmare asks.

'No, then it'll just postpone everything and eat me away from the inside. I want this to be done and gone through as fast as possible' you say as you shake your head. As well as there's the thing where you have 4 more days to bring Horrortale it's required food.

You really hope that this works out.

~~~~~

Comment here to give Y/n some luck! (Who knows, maybe they'll need it!)

Axe recruited: Yes

Cross recruited: Yes

Killer recruited: No

Dust recruited: No

Error is an Ally: Yes

Make deal with Farmtale: Not yet done

5 years until Dream breaks out

~~~~~

Do you guys have any ships for the reader, Corrupt, Nightmare?

For example, Killer x reader/Corrupt/Nightmare

Like all three fall in love with 1 or 2 other skeles?

I don't mind Poly relationships and am a Multishipper! So hit me with anything you've got! I don't mind! (But I am definitely adding Killer as one of the (Maybe) love interests, his nature is to be flirty and he will be like that in this story).

(Also, this is undecided! Maybe there won't be any ships, but I wanna see your guy's suggestions!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91K 2.8K 28
100 years after the tragic events of Dreamtale, the two brothers continue a war of hate and love. Any AU unfortunate enough to get in the way of the...
175K 5.9K 22
《Confirmed. Reconstructing the spirit...『Gamers mind』 has been acquired. Report. 『Gamers mind』 and 『Gamers body』 evolved into one skill category: 『G...
33.8K 2.3K 24
adopted story. original by @Mijunaa :3 - The afterlife of a dead human that reincarnated into a Killer!Sans variant. The facade of the new owner of...
21.2K 642 42
Welp...here it is ꧁•••••꧂ One day...Ink was being reported as a murderer Ink always denying that he didn't killed his two best friends that was Dream...