Wait... I'm Nightmare!? I Tho...

By Donut2460

(Cover made by me!) (!Updates 1-4 times a month¡) You died by cracking your skull open as you walked out of t... More

•Prologue•
•Chapter 1•
•Chapter 2•
•Chapter 3•
•Chapter 4•
•Chapter 5•
A/N- OMG
•Chapter 7•
•Chapter 8•
•Chapter 9•
•Chapter 10•
•Chapter 11•
•Chapter 12•
•Chapter 13•
•Chapter 14•
•Chapter 15•
•Chapter 16•
•Chapter 17•
•Chapter 18•
•Chapter 19•
•Chapter 20•
•Chapter 21•
Important A/N (PLEASE READ)
Q/A
Q/A
•Chapter 22•
•Chapter 23•
•Chapter 24•
•Chapter 25•
•Chapter 26•
•Chapter 27•
•Chapter 28•
•Chapter 29•
•Chapter 30•
Important A/N (PLEASE READ)
•Q/A (Very Short & Name Poll Results)•
•Halloween Special•
•Chapter 31•
•Chapter 32•
•Chapter 33•
•Chapter 34•
•Chapter 35•
•Chapter 36•
•Chapter 37•
•Chapter 38•
•Chapter 39•
•Chapter 40•
•Chapter 41•
•Chapter 42•
•Chapter 43•
•Epilogue•

•Chapter 6•

5.3K 305 79
By Donut2460

Decided to let out an early chapter for you guys! Thank you so much again for the support!

{Sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes!}

~~~~~

When you made it to the skeleton brother's house, you emerged from the shadows and knocked on their door. Your plan was to offer them food to help with the famine in Snowdin and the price was to have Axe work for you. But the problem was how to make them believe you that you would uphold that deal. You decided that you would cross that line when you got to it, you told yourself to which Corrupt face palmed and Nightmare admonished to. Because honestly, you were going to wing the whole thing and hope it convinced Axe to join you... You never really thought ahead after all.

You heard a quiet muffled, "Coming!" come from the door, which you presumed was Horrortale Papyrus's voice as it sounded more meek and gentle. Then you heard Papyrus's voice again, "Sans, please get the door for me while I prepare some food. We cannot leave a guest waiting!"

Then after that, you hear a lower voice with a slight rasp to it, one that spoke slowly as though the person talking with it was able to know that he was saying the right things and not just jumbled up gibberish.

"Sure.. bro," said Horrortale Sans.

And as the door creaked open, you couldn't help but have your tendrils slightly twitch behind you in anticipation as you nervously waited to talk with the Horrortale brothers.

When you saw Sans's full-blown bloated blood-red eye light, your instincts screamed at you to dodge. And you did.

An axe had whizzed past your head and your body had tensed to fight until Papyrus had picked up Sans and admonished him, "Sans, we do not do that to guests!" Then he turns to you, "Please, goopy fellow, come inside! I promise my brother will not do that again. Gosh, what made you suddenly do that, brother?!"

You calm yourself down and behind you, your tendrils stiffly swish, still ready for an attack at any moment's notice, "Thank you," you nod and you see Papyrus's smile widen in happiness, despite how painful it looked with his crooked teeth, at you and he nods back. You knew that you were all goop and the axe would just get stuck in your goop since it was a physical attack but your mind still thought that you were human and your instincts spoke before you.

Also, you were pretty sure that you had trained some shadow Papyri to heal, become medics, if you will. So maybe once you make the deal with the brothers, you can fix Papyrus's teeth since they looked like they caused him a lot of pain.

Once you came inside their house, your nose wrinkled at the musky and irony smell but you quickly fixed up your face and turned toward Papyrus who motioned for you to sit on the couch. You did so with a nod.

Sans eyes you warily, fingers twitching ever so slightly for the axe he had put beside him after retrieving it from the outside after he threw it.

"So, what are you here for, goopy fellow?" Papyrus asks and you clear your 'throat' taking this as your time to speak about the deal.

"I have a proposition."

"Whats... the gain?" Axe immediately says. So he went straight on point, huh.

"Food. Possibly enough to feed the whole underground."

Both of the brothers' eye sockets widened in shock.

"B-but that's not possible! How would you have been able to hide all of that food away? Queen Undyne surely would have found out about it sooner or later after all of this time!" Papyrus replies first, shocked by what you said. At the name of Undyne, Axe's still functional eye socket twitches and you feel anger come out of him. You suck it up though. It is always good to have some negativity to spare.

"Well, she hasn't known because I'm not from here," You say. Both looked at you confused and you elaborate, "I'm from a different universe. I'm what you call a version of Sans. But you can call me Nightmare. I am the King of negativity and nightmares. And for the food, I want Sans to work under me with undying loyalty. That is all." You nod.

'I am surprised by how you haven't fucked up your execution on these deal offers'

'Bad word!' Nightmare reprimanded as he slapped the back of Corrupts skull. He usually doesn't correct foul language unless he's tense about something. You guess you feeling tense and nervous was affecting him and Corrupt was just trying to distract you from it and hide the fact that he's feeling tense and nervous as well.

Calming yourself down and forcefully relaxing your body, you reply to both 'Thanks for looking out for me, guys.'

Nightmare smiles and Corrupt just huffs as he rolls his eye light.

You return your focus to both brothers who were still hazing out in shock.

"So do I have a deal or not?"

Papyrus snaps out of his shocked trance first and looks towards Axe, gently nudging his shoulder to snap him out of it.

Axe looks at you with such hope that it sort of takes your breath away despite you being a skeleton and not having to breathe.

"This... is not... some kind of joke?"

You nod, "I do not joke about serious matters like this," Damn, acting and practicing to be so high and mighty for a few centuries really does make you act formally. Especially after Corrupt's insistence and guidance.

"K... I will... work for you but... you... need to keep up our deal" Axe says as he firmly shakes your hand.

"Of course," you nod, "Deals are a very serious matter." You open up a dark portal and continue talking, "I have a place you will stay in, one of the Papyri will escort you to your room. Do you wish to take Papyrus with you?"

"No... despite state of under..ground... Pap will be safest here,"

"I understand," you nod, "before you go, you need a different name to be called by. There will be different Sans's there too."

"You... pick... don't care..." Axe shrugs as he grabs his axe.

"Then you will be called Axe. I have a different matter to attend to but first thing when you come through here, do not panic, warping to a different universe is a bit unsettling. Two, there will be another Sans there called Cross, do not harm him. Three there are shadow Papyri around They look like your brother, but are a tad different, you will see what I mean. Request #5, state your name and that you were sent by Nightmare. Four, explore the place and get used to it, I will call on everyone once I recruit everyone who I want." You have also taken things into account. Since Axe has memory problems because of his skull, you already wrote down on when you said on paper on him. "And the skull wound looks troubling, it probably affects your memory doesnt it," you ask and Axe dazedly nods from the overload of information you told him.

Taking out a piece of paper from your inventory, one of your tendrils takes it out of your hand and gives it to Axe who looks at the paper and widens his eye light.

"I wrote everything I said on it so now you won't have any trouble remembering. Now go on." you urge, "The first rations of food will come out and about a week so dont worry."

Axe nods and then goes through the portal. Once he's gone, you close it and turn around. You see Papyrus crying, sorrow, and happiness leaking from his aura. You question him.

"Are you... alright?"

"Oh, I am absolutely happy! I am so glad that you suddenly came! Everything is starting to look bright in the future now! Oh, thank you so much!" Papyrus responds and you slightly blush from the praise, but you force the small cyan blush to quickly fade away and you speak up.

"My medics at my base still need to learn dentistry, but when they do, I can have them fix up your teeth for you if you desire. Speaking looks quite painful with those teeth."

"Yes please!" Papyrus smiles although you both wince as you hear his teeth grating against each other.

"Alright, well, I wish you the best of luck and I will meet with you in about a week with some food." you nod, and Papyrus nods back in agreement.

~~~~~

Axe recruited: Yes

Cross recruited: Yes

Killer recruited: No

Dust recruited: No

Error is an Ally: Yes

Make deal with Farmtale: Not yet done

5 years until Dream breaks out

Just to keep tabs :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.1K 250 61
"I'm glad things got better.....and not worse" "And for someone's that called nightmare, king of negativity and all......you're nicer than you think"...
15.3K 439 20
After becoming friends with none other than the guardians of the tree of feelings, you realize more things are going on than the guardians care to re...
158K 4K 47
you are once a normal girl who loves to play with your friends and you always enjoyed them until your friends decided to back stabbed you and your on...
46.5K 1.3K 39
An Undertale fan gets reincarnated into the Alphatale Multiverse. Will they use the knowledge gathered from their first life to their advantage? Or w...