Wake Up | ATEEZ Pirate AU

By yunhos_rasgulla

"I wanted to enjoy my first day of offline Junior College but guess who's here now.... no wait, where am I no... More

Disclaimer
Prologue: I Die with No Regrets
Ch-1: I'm Not Dead, Hello, Annyeonghaseyo
Ch-2: Seonghwa, Don't You Know I'm a Savage
Ch-3: Cookin' Like Chef I'm a 5 Star Michelin
Ch-4: I'm Good at All Positions
Ch-5: Eat Your Veggies If You Don't Wanna Cry
Ch-6: I Got A Pony Tail
Ch-7: I'm Minsoo, I'm Not Okay
Ch-8: Tch, Hairband
Ch-9: Iced Up Both My Wrists, I Can Barely See The Time
Side Story 1 : Sleepy Hwa
Ch-10: I Trusted You
Ch-11: Play The Ping Pong
(⊙_⊙)?
Side Story 2: The Nightmare
Ch-12: Seungmin in the Building Because I Know You Know We Know Lee Know
Characters Pt.2
(。_。)
Side Story 3: Seongjoo
Side Story: Fanfiction Maker
COMEBACK
Ch-14: Where's Jackson Wang from China?
Ch-15: Pretty Girl is Always Unnie
Ch-16: Checking Supplies
Ch-17: Pinky Promise
Ch-18: The Ship has Sunk
Ch-19: Let's Start the 2nd Round, Rock-Paper-Scissors
Ch-20: Mnet Dramatic Pauses
Ch-21: The Return
Ch-22: Skkrrt Skkrrt
Ch-23: The Masked Man
Epilogue

Ch-13: Back in the game son

40 2 0
By yunhos_rasgulla

Seungmin motioned for us to go in. I tip-toed into the café. I saw Minhyuk standing outside by the main gate. He welcomed in San and Bang Chan, the other members of Ateez and Stray Kids slowly followed. I closely followed taking a mental note to cross check for any cctv cameras or bugged walls.

I almost banged into a wooden table but luckily I noticed so it didn't make any noises. Hiding wasn't as hard as I thought. It was a regular cafe it would have been hard since the only hiding places would be tables. This wasn't the case though. The cafe grew under the influence of Monsta X. It had hidden passages, minimal to no cctvs since cctvs would capture them and could expose their location.

I saw Kihyun stand in his full glory. He had 6 piercings, 3 on his left ear, 2 on his right and a ring lip piercing. The bottom one on his right was long while the upper one was a ring. His left ear piercings were connected as they went through each one forming a beautiful design.

"San is here. Give us Changbin!"

"Not so fast buddy. You're a pirate, you love your crew. You would have definitely planned something for San." said Hyungwon.

"Ah, you know us so well. You're our seniors and role models growing up of course." said Jongho.

"How could we even have back up? We're all here." marked Hyujin.

Captain then motioned me through gestures to get the others. I brought silently but it didn't last long as Minhee dropped something.

"WHO'S THERE?" snarled Shownu.

"You have failed to disappoint me Kang Yeosang." smirked Kihyun.

His smirk didn't last long. The coming smile drooped the time he saw me. Minhee used her super-speed to mark punches. Wonyoung's clones were overpowering the opponents. 

"Stop! Please stop!" Yeosang pleaded with a soft voice.

"Did you have to get them out of all people?" Kihyun said gritting his teeth.

"Please listen, he doesn't remember-"

"Oh yes, he wouldn't remember. He's a heartless-"

"Listen, I don't know what happened between you guys but they're-"

"Don't talk to me Choi San. You don't even know a fraction of what I've seen."

"Minhyuk, the sword!" and Minhyuk passed a sword to Kihyun.

While we were dealing with Monsta X, the Stray Kids members were looking for the stay gem. It was green, bright and shiny. Felix showed the gem and held Changbin's hand as they started to leave. Bang Chan made sure  to get San out of the building.

"Kihyun, I don't know what happened but-" slash "that Minsoo-" slash "isn't me."

"I will get my revenge today. For the sake of my village."

He executed a planned slash trying to cut me half vertically. I was agile but not enough. The sword planted a fresh scar on my eye. Captain seeing this came to my defence. Hongjoong was now having a duet with Kihyun. Changkyun was giving Mingi a hard. Despite being tall, his low attacks forced Mingi to a disadvantage. 

"You're not who I wanted to fight." said Kihyun.

"Ditto" Captain replied.

Captain did not see the rock as Kihyun was forcing him back with his attacks. He tripped over the rock but Hojung promising to be the back-up came forward and got knocked out. A fresh wound was now on Hojung's lower abdomen. Seeing what mistake Kihyun had commited, he fell down to his knees. Shownu sensing the emotion across the battlefield halted the fight.

Kihyun held his hand covering his left eye. Slow tears fell down. The sound produced by dropping the sword echoed across the battlefield.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to." Kihyun sobbed.

I stayed frozen in my place. Sure we couldn't really die since we were immortals but what about our souls? What would happen to the Hongjoong in him. I mustered up the courage to go close but before I could touch Hojung, Yeosang stopped me.

"She'll be awake soon. She won't die this easily. Kihyun stop crying. Just call it even. I know it'll never match but can we just forget this now."

"Yeosang you do realised what you're saying right? You're saying a village is equivalent to one-"

"Shh! Seonghwa hyung might hear. I'll do some healing now but she needs to get to a hospital."

"I agree with Yeosang. The last thing we need is a murder report after our jail escape. Neither of it is our fault but destiny plays differently for everyone." said Shownu.

We evacuated the place before the authorities could get there. I quickly got a room in a hospital. The bill charges were significantly less as most of the healing was already done by Yeosang. He said he couldn't completely heal him because of 'human' limits. Only Kihyun and I knew what he really meant by that. My other sister went missing after that but Hojung was my priority.

Since Honjung's natural form was Hongjoo, during the healing process she was Hongjoo. Yeosang adviced that she shouldn't try using her powers for now. The next 3 days I worked coordinating between the hospital, ship and the motel. Stray Kids volunteered to pay for the hospital costs by Kihyun felt bad so he left 70% of the bill cost at the motel doorstep. Jongho must've told him the location. I tried to meet Yeosang alone and finally got to talk to him about what exactly did he not tell Ateez which I knew.

"You're not human right? You have powers, but you're not like us right?"

"Yes, I do have powers but I'm an angel of death."

"You're an angel of death?"

"Shh! Not so loud. Yes, an angel of death. I became one when I was killed by your own hands."

"That explains why Kihyun was so surprised."

"So you do have memories?"

"They're not complete. I'll be honest with since you're honest with me. I'm not Minsoo. I'm someone else from another planet in Minsoo's body."

"I figured that much out-"

"How did you manage to knock out Wonyoung, Minhee and Sangeun?"

"What-"

"The spirit goes back if they're knocked out right?"

"Finally, you're back in the game son."

"You're Junhui's angel of death if I'm not wrong."

"That's extremely accurate. You never told you knew this stuff."

"Why did you leave me and Hojung out? You didn't knock us out."

"Once upon a time, I was human. I had a foster father, Wen Junhui. He was 18 years older than me but took care of me like I was his brother. I was an orphan and Junhui adopted me. Junhui's parents passed away due to war when Jun was 13 so he took care of me as a father. When I came to know that he was getting married, I was happy for him. I got a job too around that time. I was to start going to school after the marriage, but the marriage never happened but he did have a son, that is you."

"Wasn't my dad Jeonghan though?"

"That's what was said to protect Jisoo nuna. Jeonghan hyung would never sleep with his best friend's fiancé."

"Why did Minsoo kill you?" 

"Ahh, I told you that I was to go to school right? I was originally supposed to go to JYP Nation but because that  damn Yoon Jisung kidnapped Jun I had to cancel it. Once the thing kind of settled, in the sense that well, Jun got married but war came soon and he died but he told me to take care of you. Years passed but I couldn't find you. I felt bad that I couldn't fulfil my promise. He didn't specify which gender you were and also you lived with a different name. Jisoo nuna was also missing. I never got to meet her after Jun passed away so I eventually gave up and moved to Kihyun's village after retirement. Kihyun was abandoned at the age of 3 so he lived on the streets. I tried to take care of him the way Jun did for me."

"So you were his foster father I see. So when he said that Minsoo killed his dad, he meant you."

"Hmm yes. Once you slaughtered the village for reasons I still don't know at the age of 89 so I was caught up and Kihyun ended up being the only survivor. After my death I acquired healing and clairvoyance."

"Why did you become a pirate then?"

"It was forced for me. I just joined the crew cause I predicted you would come. You know my dad isn't really a person so paying for this kinda stuff isn't a big thing. As of now, you're the only person who knows about it and Kihyun of course."

"Why am I that important and how did I do something so vile at the age of 89?"

"Well you and your family are some of the few who survived the asteroid attack. That gave you your powers. It of course forbid you from having children-"

"What asteroid attack?"

"Ahh, when Kihyun was 12 I died.... so the asteroid attack was probably when I was 23. Basically around 40 years before I met Kihyun."

"The timeline is so confusing. So technically, you're 9 years older than me but that would mean that you were 108?"

"Well, the reason I'm an angel of death is because I lived an angel of life before. I was curious about human life and so I was reborn. I met Jun when I was 1. He was 19. I was 1 year as a human but my body was meant to look like I was 7."

"That makes 0 sense."

"Anyways, he was 12 when he lost me so well.... he must've been shocked when he saw me."

"How did he know that you were alive?"

"I was there when he got arrested."

":o"

"Was I really that violent?"

"You saw how easily Wonyoung took them down? You're 3 times stronger than her. Your power is imitation after all."

"It's not shape-shifting?"

"Everyone who uses your body thinks that."

"What?"

"After a little research I found that every 11 years your body changed the person inside. If the person is knocked out, then the original persona comes back and well, waits till the next interval since 11 is fixed. It's 12 years for Hongjoo."

"What about my sisters?"

"For Minhee it's 32 years, Sanguen 27 years and Wonyoung 22 years."

"This is complicated."

"It's probably because of the asteroid attack. The frequency of body change is different but it's the only reason why only you guys have bodies changed."

"Then our parents?"

"The whole town was wiped out except you siblings."

"So that-"

"THE PATIENT IN ROOM 3 IS AWAKE!!"

I ran to room 3 at the announcement. Hongjoo was finally awake but I saw that Seonghwa was already with her.

A/N: Finally I wrote this after procrastinating for so long lol. I think all the side stories happen after this, except the nightmare I guess. I'll make sure to write the occurrence of events once I'm done with the Loona chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112K 5.2K 72
After coming back from being exiled, Princess Lee Sun-Mi returns to face an ugly secret that turns her world upside-down. Betrayed by her step-mothe...
1.5K 56 11
ATEEZ OFFICE AU OT8 x reader Alone!? Oh we can't survive like this in the rush of searching for a beautiful life. So we make friends on different occ...
3.9K 343 67
ATEEZ fanfiction [VIOLENCE, CURSE WORDS, A GLIMPSE OF BOYSLOVE!! DON'T LIKE IT, DON'T READ IT] I apologize for my english in advance. It's not my nat...
10.6K 468 41
*COMPLETED* An ATEEZ fanfic (my first one) - ships are subtle (WooSan and TwoHo) - all 8 members included --- A group of eight young adults fight ha...