Kiss the Girl

By AngelDaelCruz

Kristina moves into New York with hopes that she can start over again, moving from city to city to escape fro... More

Chapter 1 "THE BAR"
Chapter 2 "Jessie"
Chapter 3 "Fragments"
Chapter 4 "Blue Eyes"
Chapter 5
Author's Note: 100 Reads :)
Chapter 7 "RAIN CHECK"
Chapter 8 "THE SONG"
Chapter 9 "THE 22ND STREET"
Chapter 10 "CONFUSION"
Chapter 11 "SUDDENLY"
Chapter 12 "RED VELVET"
Chapter 13 "THE COMING OUT PARTY"
Chapter 14 "THE MIRROR, THE SIGN AND A HERO"
Chapter 15 "STAINED GLASS"
Chapter 16 "One Step Closer Part 1"
Chapter 17 "One Step Closer Part 2"
Chapter 18 "SΓ­"
Chapter 19 "Falling Slowly"
Chapter 20 "BURLESQUE"
Chapter 21 "I dropped my bagel"
Chapter 22 "Dreamscape"
Chapter 23 "MISTAKEN IDENTITY"
Chapter 24 "Think Of Me"
Chapter 25 " A Christmas Carol"
Chapter 26 "Doubt"
Chapter 27 "Christine, I love you"
Chapter 28 "Giving Up"
Chapter 29 "Stranger"
Chapter 30 "Opening Up Wounds"
Chapter 31 "A Girl Named Zita"
Chapter 32 "Be Brave"
Chapter 33 "Cut and Run"
Chapter 34 "Devil Take the Hindmost"
Chapter 35 "My Salvation"
Chapter 36 "Wise Men Say..."
Chapter 37 "Break It To Me Gently"
Chapter 38 "The Wedding"
Author's Note
Author's note

Chapter 6 "BREAKFAST"

7.4K 314 26
By AngelDaelCruz

This is really awkward. She’s not saying a word. Have I offended her in some way? I shouldn’t have come.

“I have to go. It’s getting late.”

I was about to stand up when AJ suddenly grabbed my hand.

“Wait.” AJ said.

I looked back at her and she is just staring into nothingness. She looks so sad… those sad, sad eyes.

“Look. I’m sorry if I randomly went to your apartment without calling you first, but I don’t have your number so I just asked Carol where you live. I don’t have any way on contacting you. I’m really sorry about this.” I explained.

Then she looked at me and smirked.

“I told you its fine and you don’t have to return it to me. Like I said, you can have it.”

I looked down at my coffee cup then looked up at the night sky and sighed. It’s getting colder. Good thing I brought my jacket so I could wear it after work.

I asked AJ earlier if she wanted to get some coffee. I don’t know why I asked her that but she obliged and she bought us the coffee then we went to the park and sat on a bench.

“Did my aunt sent you to my apartment to talk to me?” AJ suddenly asked.

“N-no. I went on my own. I really wanted to give you back your handkerchief. However—“

AJ looked at me to hear what I was going to say next.

“However, Carol seems worried about you. She said she misses the old you and she’s always praying for you.”

AJ frowned then sighed heavily, “Kristina, where do you live? Let me get you a lift. It’s getting late and I think you should be heading home.” AJ said coldly while she closed her hands into a fist.

“No it’s okay. I can just catch a cab. I’ll go ahead. Thank you for the coffee.” I quickly stood up and started to walk away.

But then I remembered what Carol said to me. I stopped to face AJ. She looked up.

“You know what? You shouldn’t push people away, specially your family. You are so lucky that you have your aunt who’s here to support you in any way that she can. I don’t have that here. So just don’t take them for granted. It’s hard to be all alone and no one is there to hug you or kiss you and tell you that it’s going to be all right. You would just cry yourself to sleep and just wish that all the pain from your past will just go away. Your aunt loves you. I wish you could see that.” I explained.

AJ got up from her seat and then stood close in front of me and just stared at me. There she goes with her eyes again. Her eyes are so intense, I can hear my heart pounding really fast, and I’m breathing heavily. What’s going happen next?

“W-what are you doing?” I asked nervously.

I noticed that AJ’s lips are moving closer and closer and closer. Oh God!

I closed my eyes tightly, held my breath and then suddenly…

“Thank you. But I think I’m gonna be okay.” Said AJ while handing me something.

I opened my eyes and I saw AJ walking away. What the hell, Kristina? Did you think that she was going to kiss you? To top it all, you closed your eyes! Why would you close your eyes? But why would she do that? She can say that without moving closer to my face. I looked down on my left hand and saw the white handkerchief that I gave back earlier. I came all this way for nothing.

The next day…

“…And she said yes??” said Ginny surprisingly. “Why would she go out and have coffee with you?” she added.

“Then what happened next?” asked Madison.

I shrugged my shoulders then I said, “She bought the coffee from the nearest coffee shop and then we went to the park. We sat there awkwardly and then…”

I stopped. I don’t want to tell them about that almost kiss or whatever that is. I’m straight and I don’t like women, right?

“And then?” they all asked leaning towards me.

“I… I… Amm… We went home afterwards. It was no big deal.”

“Hmm… I thought she was gonna kiss you. ‘Cause that what I’ll do.  But hey, that’s just me” said Madison.

“Yeah, me too. I would totally make out with you.” Said Ginny.

Suddenly. Carol’s face slides in.

“Yeah and I would totally fire you all if you just stand here and gossip about your girlish habits! Get back to work!” Carol commanded.

We immediately scrambled and went on to take the customer’s orders.

But I still can’t forget last night. What was that? Why am I bothered with this? My heart is beating fast again.

“Hi, Good morning. What can I get you?” I asked.

“The usual, please.” Answered the customer.

“Amm… I don’t know what your usual is.”

The customer laid down the newspaper on the table and… Santa Maria its AJ! I stood there frozen. What is she doing here?

“Oh I see. I’ll have pancakes with honey and butter, some bacon extra crispy and a cold glass of orange juice. Chop chop.” Said AJ lifting up her newspaper and started reading again.

“Amm… what are you doing here?” I asked.

“I’m here to have breakfast.” AJ said casually.

“Porque? I mean, why?”

AJ laid down her newspaper again and looked directly into my eyes. Oh gosh!

Then she said, “I’m here to have breakfast and to not push people away. Are we clear now?”

Without saying a word I went straight to Ginny who was about to give the order slip to our chef.

“Ginny, AJ is here.” I said.

“What? Are you kidding me? Where is she?” asked Ginny.

I pointed to Ginny where AJ is sitting. She’s sitting at the right corner of the café and once again reading her newspaper.

“What are you girls looking at?” asked Carol who just came out of her office.

“Carol, you’re not going to believe this but your niece is here.” Said Ginny.

Carol in disbelief shoved Ginny’s face away to get a better look if her niece is really here at the café.

“Oh what a glorious day! My niece is here! I’m so happy! Kristina—“

I looked at Carol.

“--what did you say to her last night?” asked Carol.

“Nothing.” I answered then I looked away.

“Never mind! I’ll tell Hannah to prepare AJ’s usual breakfast right away! Oh I’m so happy!” said Carol in a cheerful tone.

All of a sudden someone very familiar came inside the café. Jessie.

“Good morning everybody! It’s a very nice day to have a good heavy breakfast!” exclaimed Jessie.

Oh no. Not this girl again. Give me the strength to be friendly and gentle with this one, por favor. She has been asking me out on a date non-stop for days. Why can’t she just give up? It’s always going to be no.

Jessie approached me with a flashy smile and that disgusting smell of her cologne.

“Hi, mi dulce. How’s your day so far? Maybe tonight after your shift we can—“

Before Jessie could say anything else, I blocked her lips using my index finger and said, “Jessie… for the last time… NO!”

“Come on! Just one date!” plead Jessie.

“Jess, keep it down. You’re making a spectacle out of yourself” said AJ while Carol is serving her breakfast.

“AJ???? You’re here. This is a surprise, buddy!”

“Come and sit with me. You’re dangling yourself again. You haven’t changed a bit!” said AJ.

I can’t believe that this two are best buddies. They are like two different people, one is mysterious and quiet, while the other one is loud and direct. Opposites do attract.

Some days AJ would come at the café to have breakfast and sometimes she won’t, but on the other hand Jessie would come at the café every day to ask me out. I already told Carol not to give permission at Jessie to have her take me out on a date. I really don’t know what to do with that girl! She won’t quit!

“Good morning! The usual?” I asked AJ.

AJ just looked at me for a bit then back at her laptop. She’s must be busy so I’ll just get her breakfast and might I add that it’s FREE! I went to Hannah and asked her to prepare AJ’s breakfast.

I looked backed at AJ and stared at her for a bit. She looks really cute when she’s serious. Well, she’s always serious. Wait! What am I saying? Oh dear…

“Poor thing.” said Lizzy who was also staring at AJ.

“Huh? What do you mean?” I asked.

Lizzy looked down and started to fold the napkins.

“She was my friend.” Lizzy continued without looking at me.

“Who? AJ?” I’m getting a little bit curious.

“Sam.” Lizzy answered.

“Who’s Sam?”

Lizzy smiled bitterly and said, “Who’s Sam? That’s always been the question isn’t it? She left her a year ago. She left all of us. Sam was always two steps ahead and we’re just led to believe that she’s won’t forget us. But I guess… people change. She was not contented with her life here, so when an opportunity came knocking in… she immediately grabbed it and just left.”

I felt bad for Lizzy and especially to AJ. It must have been so devastating for all of them. They must have felt so betrayed. Carol said AJ locked herself in her apartment for a long time, she would never go out with her friends and even go to work. She had minimal contact with her family and friends. Even Jessie could not get a hold on AJ. How could AJ have survived that? But what about now?

****

(AJ’s POV)

Hmm… soon we’ll held auditions and then schedule the rehearsals. This is going to be a hectic schedule. I’m not sure Alastair can check if the studio for the rehearsals are booked. I better give him a ring later.

“Good morning to you all!”

I looked at my left and saw Jess. I shook my head and went back to work.

“AJ, wanna get some drinks later upstairs?” Asked Jessie.

“No, my friend. I’m busy.” I answered.

“You need a good time, bro! When I say good time, I meant chicks! Hot juicy, single chicks!”

I laughed a bit and closed my laptop. “Not tonight, mate.”

“Whatever! By the way, I was just wondering why you showed up here all of a sudden. I mean, it’s great that you’re going out and went back to work and all… but why? What made you come back here?”

“Amm… well… I…” I could not really answer. I was caught off guard by Jessie’s question. Then I started scratching my head.

Suddenly Kristina approached us and placed my breakfast on the table, “Do you need anything else?”

“Amm… A bowl of cereals for my friend here. Thank you.”

“Comin’ right up.” Said Kristina.

“Dude, isn’t she pretty?” asked Jessie.

“Come on, Jess. I’m eating here. This is not the time and place to pick up girls.” I scolded.

“Then why are you here?”

I looked at Jessie.

“Well?” Jessie continued

I slowly looked at Kristina who was talking with another customer and I saw how beautifully she smiled, then I looked back at Jess and I said, “I don’t know, Jess. But open your eyes, its life changing.”

Jessie frowned ‘cause I know she didn’t understood what I was saying, I didn’t either. All I know is everything has a purpose, even a simple ‘good morning’ can brighten up your day.

TO BE CONTINUED…

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104K 4.5K 81
She wanted to change and that's what she did. 17 year old Bailey Skeels has been one to follow rules and go by the book. But after getting accused f...
3M 100K 129
Natalie and Evie are very different people. They are very different in age, in income, and at different stages of their lives. Natalie is a partner...
361K 8.6K 42
The plan for Veronica's junior year was simple: Go on a date, get a boyfriend, fall in love, live happily ever after. Unfortunately, that plan went...
136K 3.5K 51
β€’ highest rating β€’ #7 in wlw #1 in sapphic #3 in bisexual "Eden- you're not getting my point." She moved closer and glanced to my lips, she gulped an...