The Phlebotomy Professor (Tea...

By angelicliterature

"You're always falling asleep in my class. It cant keep happening, Novalie." The professor scolded gently at... More

Aesthetic Page.
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
Epilogue
Epilogue part 2.
Epilogue part 3.
THE PHLEBOTOMY PROFESSOR PART 2;
chpt2
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35
36.
37.
38.
Epilogue:

10.

16.3K 824 162
By angelicliterature

The song is significant. I'll tell you when to press play. You don't have to, before y'all go ahead and tell me y'all won't. Leave comments or else.

Unedited.

Novalie:

After walking out on Sage, I decided to continue doing private room sessions. The group of men that I usually served waited for me in another room, and I managed to drag it on for the rest of my shift. It was after one a.m and I was exhausted, counting out my tips and splitting it to give to my manager.

I made five thousand dollars tonight, which isn't bad but isn't the best. I knew it was because I was distracted most of the night, deciding to stay in the locker room if I wasn't doing a private session. I locked up my box and packed up my things, slipping off my wig and putting on my sweatsuit before walking to my managers office. I heard loud moaning come from the room and I scoffed before knocking loudly on the door.

"Slide it under the door."

"You don't have to tell me twice." I mumbled under my breath as I slid the money under his door before turning around and walking toward the exit.

"Hey." I heard from behind me and turned around to see Sage sitting at the bar, sipping a drink. I scoffed and started to walk out, but felt a gentle hand touch my waist causing me to stop in my tracks.

"Let me buy you a drink and walk you to the train, at least." She whispered, her hand still on my waist. I sighed and turned around, a soft smile on her face causing me to roll my eyes.

"One drink. I can use it, anyway." I breathed watching as her smile widened. We walked to the bar and I sat down, looking at the bartender who just smiled.

"I'll take a merlot, any kind." I breathed.

"Wow, she's a woman of taste, I see." Sage stated causing me to chuckle and roll my eyes before looking into her low, drunken ones.

"And you're drunk. Why are you here, anyway?" I asked. She sighed and sipped her whisky as she rolled her eyes.

"It's my birthday. Well was. I was here with a few friends but they left a few hours ago."

"Why didn't you leave with them?" I asked as I sipped my wine.

"I'm not sure. Just decided to stick around." She breathed as she looked at me. We stared at each other for a second and I looked away, allowing my fingers to tap the glass slightly.

"Have you eaten?"

"I'm not a charity case, Sage-"

"That's not what I meant. I'm genuinely asking if you've eaten. I'm hungry and can use something to soak up this liquor, anyway."

I looked up at her and saw the genuine curiosity in her eyes and I smiled as I shook my head before sipping my drink.

"Nah, I haven't. I've been sleeping most of the day. I didn't get off until five last night." I responded quietly as I looked down at my cup while swirling the content inside.

"Well..there's a diner I know around here if you want to grab something before you head home. That's if you want to."

"Is this something you're going to regret in the morning?" I asked causing her to laugh as she rolled her pretty hazel eyes.

"Oh please. Being nice to someone and grabbing a burger is nothing to regret. I do, however, regret making you upset earlier. I'm sorry about that. I was just concerned."

"I understand. I just didn't expect my Professor to see me half naked, that's all."

"Wasn't a bad sight at all, if I'll be honest." She whispered causing me to shove her shoulder making her laugh as I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever. Let's go eat, I'm tired."

We quietly walked side by side down the manhattan pavement, Sage constantly bumping into me since she was probably still drunk. The cool air felt nice against my skin that was still damp with sweat from dancing. One thing I enjoyed about working late was the sight after. The city streets were empty, but the lights were beautiful and bright.

"What are you thinking about?" Sage asked as she bumped into me again, but this time I knew it was on purpose.

"Just wondering if this is going to make class awkward on Monday."

"Nothing is awkward unless you make it awkward. Only thing that will be different is that I know why you're always so tired, now."

"Does this mean I can get away with sleeping in class?" I asked causing her to laugh before sighing as she shook her head.

"Unfortunately, no. But I will let you do extra credit and have office hours if you miss anything important if you ever have to miss class for anything. It's really the most I can do, Novalie. You can't miss labs. The lecture is more flexible, but you need a certain amount of lab hours to get your degree." Sage explained as she opened the diner door, allowing me to step inside first. I smiled appreciatively and watched as she stepped in front of me and asked for a table.

We were seated in a booth, both of us sitting across from each other as I looked around. It was one of those vintage diners with the jukebox and a dance floor in the center. It was low lit, but light enough for us to see the menu.

I looked over the menu, all of the options sounding pretty good when my phone chimed. I grabbed it and chuckled at Claire's text before rolling my eyes.

'Get me a milkshake for the morning. Love you be safe. Glad you're eating.'  - C.

"Boyfriend?" Sage asked causing me to look up and see her staring at me with intense, playful eyes. I couldn't help but bite my lip as a feeling shot through my core. Her eyes were absolutely hypnotizing.

I couldn't even imagine what they'd look like in bed. Not that I care.

"Oh please. None of that over here. It's my sister. She has my location and saw that I was here and asked me to get her a milkshake. She probably woke up from her sleep. I let her stay up late on the weekends but she never really does." I blubbered, Sage listening to me intensely as she nodded.

"Sounds like you take really good care of her."

I swallowed hard at her words and nodded, looking down at the menu to keep from bursting into tears. I've never heard that from anyone before and it cut deep because I really wanted nothing more than the best for Claire.

Even if it meant I had to be the one to give it to her.

"You tired?" I asked as I looked up at her. She shook her head and smiled sadly as she looked down at the menu.

"I don't sleep too well at night. So this is regular. I could imagine you're tired, though."

"Why don't you sleep? My body is used to being up this late." I breathed. She sighed and looked up at me with a soft smile and I swallowed hard.

"I have insomnia. I've had it ever since being in the army. It's just something I suffer with from time to time."

"Oh so you're a soldier? Thank you for your service." She chuckled at my words and rolled her eyes before looking at me while licking her lips.

I nearly melted right there.

"Something like that."

The waitress came and took our order, my stomach rumbling slightly. I knew Sage was still a little tipsy because she ordered a milkshake with a whole bunch of different toppings causing me to laugh.

"Make it super sized."

"Leave the woman alone." I giggled as I threw a napkin at her. She threw it back and I tried throwing it again but she caught my wrist, her hand sliding up to mine and holding my fingers causing me to swallow hard.

I slowly pulled my hand back and she smiled as her cheeks turned slightly red before looking down at the jukebox machine. She started to twist it around, humming in approval as she picked a song, the low strumming of the guitar starting.

(Press play bby)

"Good choice." I breathed causing her to look up at me with a crooked smile.

"Yeah?"

"I may be a stripper but I certainly have taste." I giggled causing her to snicker before rolling her eyes. She started to hum to the song and I did too, both of us just humming quietly to the song.

"Do you-Uh..do you want to dance?" She asked shyly causing me to look up at her in shock. She looked nervous and it made me smile. I've never seen her so bashful and it was cute.

"Yeah. Okay, sure."

Sage slowly stood up, stumbling slightly causing me to laugh before taking my hand and pulling me to the center of the restaurant. We were the only two here besides the workers and we swayed slowly back and forth. She was smiling down at me and I smiled back, chuckling quietly as she twisted me around before pulling me back to her chest.

"Looks like you need some fun in your life." She whispered. Our face were close, our eyes darting to each others lips and back up again when we heard a bell causing both of us to jump and look around.

"Foods ready. Enjoy your order."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.5K 1.5K 55
~ girlxgirl ~ studentxprincipal ~ studentxteacher ~ womanxwoman ~ ****Mature Content, Strong Language, Sexual Content**** This is a rewrite of the or...
142K 5.7K 51
HIGHEST RANKING-1st in wedding! {23/05/18} & 1st in Laugh! {11/08/18} 13th in Romance! {03/12/18} Sequel to Mr Hulk's Jelly Bunny->Can be read as a...
1.5M 36K 30
"๐˜๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฅ๐จ๐จ๐ค ๐š๐ญ ๐ฆ๐ž ๐ฅ๐ข๐ค๐ž ๐ˆ'๐ฆ ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐š ๐ค๐ข๐ง๐ ๐“๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž'๐ฌ ๐ฌ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ฐ๐ซ๐จ๐ง๐  ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐ž๐ฒ๐ž๐ฌ...
2.5M 57.1K 45
"Come," the dominance in his voice was prominent as only the office desk separates them. The fear in her eyes glistened as a smirk fell upon his lips...