Dépaysement (h.s)

By complicatedfr3aks

Delilah Lavigne is the owner of the tattoo shop Caim. Her life was anything but simple growing up and once sh... More

oo
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83

24

570 9 12
By complicatedfr3aks

Delilah Lavigne

You know that feeling you get when you have no idea what the fuck you're doing but you just wing it and pretend be be confident?

Welcome to my goddamn life.

Ever since I could remember, I never knew the plan I'd make next. When I turned eighteen and moved out I just knew I was royally fucked in life yet I couldn't put my finger on why or what was going to happen.

But now I can.

Staying at Harry's house a couple nights ago was something I never could've imagined would happen. I don't know what I'm doing.

From making out with him in the club bathroom to sleeping in his bed with him overnight, I just don't know what's going to happen next.

Like right now, I'm pulling up to his building with no intentions of really doing something. Again, I just don't know.

He opens the door to my knocking and furrows his eyebrows, "What are you doing here?"

"Is it cool if I come inside?" Still don't know what I'm here for but hopefully it will come to me soon.

He nods and opens the door wider for me to come inside, his place looks clean. Cleaner than usual. I mean it's no frat house but it's not necessarily OCD type style either.

"Why does it smell like chemicals in here?" I take my shoes off and place them by his door since it seems like he cleaned his entire apartment.

He scratches the back of his neck and confirms my thoughts, "I cleaned a little around here, thought it needed it."

I hum and go to stand at the bar in the kitchen, "So.."

He balances on his heels back and forth, "So..."

"What were your plans for today?" I cut to the chase.

He shrugs, "Didn't have any. Was just gonna chill all day since I have no where to be."

"Cool. Wanna go somewhere?"

He squints his eyes, "Where?"

"Just, somewhere." I honestly have no idea where, I figured one of us would drive while I think of something on the way there.

"Erm, yeah. Let me just go change." He points to his bedroom and walks away.

After waiting a couple minutes he comes out in black jeans, his converse and a white t shirt with a red flannel over it.

"Ready to go?" I ask while dangling my keys.

He nods and grabs his wallet and phone then walks towards his door. I put my shoes back on and he opens the door for me while I step out and he locks it behind us.

"What's your plan Lavigne?" He questions behind me. I shrug, "Do I need to have a plan?"

"I guess not. But I'd like to know some idea of where I'm going in case I'm about to get murdered or some shit."

"If any one's going to be doing the murdering, don't you think it'd be you?" I turn around and walk backwards so I'm facing him.

He points at me saying, "Touché." I chuckle and we walk to my car.

As soon as I turn on my car with him in the passenger seat, I connect my phone to aux and play There Is Something On Your Mind by Big Jay McNeely.

I see Harry from my peripheral vision tapping his finger to the beat of the song on his thigh while his elbow rests on the window and he's looking out of it.

I keep the music at a mid volume so we would still be able to hear the other person as we both hum along to the song.

I have the windows to my car rolled down as the wind blows my hair out behind me, and my sunglasses are resting on my face.

I see him glance over at me so I return it and he grins while keeping the stare. I smile back and focus on driving again.

As we are driving down a busy street, I spot a cafe and decide to pull into the parking lot of it and turn my car off. The car stopping is what grabs Harry's attention from his stare that he was sending me and he looks ahead of him, "A cafe?"

"Yeah. I'm hungry and I bet you are too so let's go." He looks outside as if he's looking for an answer but gives in and shrugs while opening the car door.

We get out of the car and open the blue door to the cafe and walk inside, the whole vibe of the cafe is amazing. It has blue and yellow triangular patterns on the floor, yellow booths, wooden chairs and old style wallpaper.

We order our food and coffee, I got a strawberry cobbler and he got some weird salad that I already forgot the name of. Once we get our food we sit down. I sat in a yellow booth and Harry is across from me in a wooden chair.

"What the fuck is that?" I stare in disgust at his salad in front of him.

He scoffs, "It's anything and everything you could ever ask for." He pokes his fork into it and holds it out to me waving it in front of my mouth, "Come on, try some."

I roll my eyes and give in, I stuff it in my mouth and immediately regret it, "That is the most disgusting thing I've ever tasted." I have to literally force it down so that it won't come back up.

He laughs, "Yeah okay. Just eat your cobbler shit and leave me be."

"I would offer you a bite but I don't share." I shrug. I seriously don't. I will share anything but my food.

"Have you ever had a boyfriend Delilah?" He blatantly asks.

I lift my head up and furrow my eyebrows not expecting that question, "Um yeah, I have. Why?"

He shrugs while chewing, "Just a question. If we're gonna sit here together we might as well get to know each other."

"Don't you already know everything about me? I know you did your research I'm not stupid." He doesn't know everything though. I made sure that that wouldn't ever be apart of me again. You cant find any information about it anywhere.

He shakes his head, "I didn't do the research. I didn't really care enough."

"Oh wow thanks." I act hurt. I assume he's implying that it was the guys who researched about me so I kind of want to figure out what they found.

"It's true though, I didn't like you." Key word didn't.

"No shit sherlock. I wasn't too fond of you either." Wasn't. Past tense.

He sets his fork down in that pile of shit that he calls a salad and grins at me, "Are you insinuating that you are now?"

I shrug while swallowing my food, "You're not too bad after all Styles."

He lets out a small laugh while shaking his head, "Back to the boyfriend. What happened?"

Clearing my throat uncomfortably I say, "Nothing really happened, I moved and we grew apart."

"How long did it last?"

"Started dating when we were both fifteen and it ended right when I turned eighteen."

"What was he like?" He interrogates. Why does he want to know so much about my ex?

"He was okay. I mean, he was my first and only relationship so I have nothing to really compare it to." I force out.

"What was his name? And does he live here?"

"Calum and I don't know. We lost touch so I couldn't tell you."

He nods and breaks eye contact, looking at the wall behind me. "What about you? Any past relationships?"

He looks down at his lap and shakes his head, "Erm, no. Nothing like that."

Touchy subject?

I nod and decide to drop it instead of pushing like he always seems to do.

"W-what did he do?" He lifts his head up and directs his attention back to me.

"Like as a job?" He nods his head, "He worked at the gallery that his parents owned."

"Did he take you walking around his parents gallery?"

I nod, "Yeah. Sometimes we would sneak in there at night since he had a key and just admire the artwork. It was honestly one of my favorite places to go to. Not just because he worked there but because it really was a safe place for me."

"You like art?"

I squint my eyes, "Harry, I'm a tattoo artist."

He chuckles, "Oh yeah, I forgot about that."

I laugh with him and get up to throw my food and coffee away, he follows me by doing the same and we decide to leave since we are done.

As soon as we get into my car I hand him my phone and he gives me a confused look, "Choose something to play." I order.

He starts scrolling through the music on my phone and I reverse out of the parking lot, he eventually finds a song and turns the radio up.

Falling In Love by Cigarettes After Sex.

I smile at him for the song choice and he rolls his eyes playfully then directs his attention out the window.

I wouldn't have pegged him as the type to listen to Cigarettes After Sex but to each their own.

Wandering off in my own mind while driving, I look down at myself and then to him and notice something, "We're matching again." I point out.

He moves his head towards me and looks me up and down and then himself like I did, "Oh damn, we are."

I'm wearing black baggy jeans, converse, a white crop top and flannel. Almost the same thing as him but the flannel is black and white striped instead of red like his. How have we managed to match twice in the time span of a week without even planning it?

I pull up to our next destination. CAIM.

"Why are we at your tattoo shop?" He asks, confused.

I unbuckle my seatbelt, "Because I want a tattoo."

"You're going to give yourself a tattoo?" He furrows his eyebrows, "Yeah, nobody is here. We are closed today." I explain.

He nods and unbuckles his seatbelt while we both get out of the car. I take the shop keys out of my bag and unlock it. As we step inside I lock the door behind me and turn on the lights, minus the OPEN sign, and walk into my studio with him following behind.

"What are you going to get?" He questions while sitting on my chair while I get all of the equipment ready. "It's a surprise." I say.

Once my tools are ready, I push the machine and table over to the ink bed and sit on it. I take off my flannel and dip the needle into the ink and decide to just wing it since I've given myself many tattoos before, and press it down on my skin while stepping on the pedal.

Harry is sat right in front of me watching intently on what I'm doing while I am concentrating.

He speaks up after we sit there in silence with just the sound of the machine being heard, "When did you get your first tattoo?"

"I gave myself a few stick and pokes when I was sixteen and seventeen but I covered them all up so you can't see them. My first real one was on my eighteenth birthday."

"Which one was it?" He starts inspecting my arms looking at each tattoo, "It was the pack of cigarettes that say people kill in the middle of it."

He directs his eyes to that one, which is right above the one I'm tattooing on myself right now on my left forearm, "What does it mean to you?"

I stop the machine to wipe the ink off and dip the needle, starting it up again, "It means a few things. But the main reason I got it is because I used to smoke a lot, I still do on occasion but when my parents found out they freaked on me." I stop for a second to look at him and see his green eyes staring at mine with him listening intently. I look back down at my arm and continue, "They kept saying I would die from lung cancer and shit like that but I explained to them that the only way I would die anytime soon was from myself or someone else. So the people in question is referring to myself and society."

He widens his eyes at my explanation, "Shit. That's intense."

I chuckle, "Yeah well all my tattoos have some sort of story to them."

"Do your parents know that you got that tattooed?" He questions while ruffling his hands through his hair and pushing it back and out of his face. I look down at his hands and notice his rings, there's one on almost every finger.

I shake my head, "Nope. I haven't seen or spoken to them in years so they don't know anything about me or what I look like now."

He clears his throat, "That must suck."

I laugh, "Not really. Trust me, if you lived with them for eighteen years you would want to leave the second you got the chance to as well."

Before he can speak up again I cut him off, "All done." I wipe the ink off so it reveals my tattoo and he stands up to move in front of me to get a good look.

He has a pleased look on his face, "Damn. It looks really good Lavigne."

I hum with a pleased smile, "Thanks."

I walk to the mirror to see it better and grin in satisfaction and put wrap over it for the healing process.

I grab my flannel and put it back on while untucking my hair, "I missed tattooing myself. You should let me give you one sometime since I've already done half of the guys."  

"I don't have anything I want right now but once I do I'll come back to you on that." He follows me out of my studio and I turn off all the lights, lock it back up and we get in my car. He takes my phone without me having to ask and puts on Mr.Brightside by The Killers.

Every once in a while I will catch him glancing at me or he will catch me doing the same and we both just pretend like we didn't notice.

I pull up to his building and we turn to face each other, "I had fun with you today Lavigne."

"Ditto, Styles." I smile at him.

"I'll see you?" He opens the car door and gets out while I nod to his question and he shuts the door and heads into his building.

Harry Styles has me royally fucked.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
we needed a cute chapter between them so i decided to do us all a favor lolol

Really bad quality but this^^ is the tattoo delilah has that she described and the one below is the one she just gave to herself

^^for visuals she got this one right below the cigarette one and they are both on her left forearm

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 82 30
"No, no. No talking little bug, this is the part where you listen" he cuts me off before I can finish. I'm disappointed in myself for complying to hi...
150K 3.3K 28
Soul mate tattoos, quite the phenomenon no one will ever completely get. Many scientists and historians have tried creating theories to solve it, but...
113K 3.4K 53
"Katie, this is Harry, Elijah, Niall and Lucas," Louis introduces me to the four tattoo artists sitting in the back room. They're each working on dif...
49.1K 1.3K 53
*this story contains mature and explicit content.* [on going] rules, secrets, and lies all get uncovered eventually. and then what remains is the b...