LETHAL

By k_angelkook

" A woman is dangerous when armed with beauty and a sense of humour, as she becomes irresistibly attractive."... More

NOTICE
1| CAST AND AESTHETICS
2| CAST AND AESTHETICS
PLAYLIST
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟔
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟕
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟖
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟗
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟎
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟏
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟐
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟑
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟒
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟓
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟔
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟕
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟖
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟗
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟎
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟏
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟐
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟑
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟒
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟓
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟔
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟕
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟖
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟗
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑𝟎
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑𝟏
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑𝟐
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑𝟑
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑𝟒
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑𝟓
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑𝟔
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑𝟕
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑𝟖
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑𝟗
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒𝟎
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒𝟏
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒𝟐
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒𝟑
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒𝟒
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒𝟓
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒𝟔
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒𝟕
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒𝟖
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒𝟗
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓𝟎
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓𝟏
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓𝟐
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓𝟑
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓𝟒
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓𝟔
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓𝟕
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓𝟖
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓𝟗

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓𝟓

679 16 46
By k_angelkook

𝓚𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓮

Neither of us spoke a word.

The silence was suffocating as those blue irises looked through my eyes, passed my very soul and sliced their way to my very heart.

A tension so thick we drowned ourselves in it, gasping for air before swimming up to choke out the excess.

The one thing I feared was that absent feeling of betrayal. I couldn't feel it because deep within I knew the truth, and refused to accept it.

What showed in my eyes was solemn emptiness and if only it reflected in his, but they didn't. Instead, I could see a fair glint of emotion in his eyes in the dark room.

There really was a secret, a hidden truth behind those sad blue eyes and I was nearly deceived.

But not fully.

"The utter nerve you have to think of me as a fool . . . " My voice came out cold, low and faded into a grace tone with acid evident within. "Why play the joker, my dear old, Luca?"

The pressure against my throat increased and my expression remained the same, only that my eyes darkened a shade, camouflaged with the darkness we found ourselves in.

He didn't speak a word.

His eyes appeared troubled.

His mind fighting his actions.

His mind? Or heart?

Both in war.

My slim fingers wrapped around his hand, pressing the tip of the knife harder against my neck, prickling my soft skin. Luca's eyes darkened and I knew a drop of blood was visible. If he didn't seem angry before, he now seems entirely provoked, shaking, clutching his jaw.

"Go ahead, love", I spoke with eyes masked by deceitful innocence, "There's more blood to spill. If it's mine you want to flood across the floorboards of your room . . .", I paused, "Slice through my veins."

That was all it took for him to advance.

He threw the knife elsewhere, replacing it with his hand wrapped around my neck, pushing me deeper against the wall, a moan leaving my lips at the sudden action. A gasp was caught at the back of my throat when he slammed his lips onto mine with a strong intensity, hardness and force.

If my lips were wine, he was drinking them to the very last drop until he's drunk.

His hold tightened around my throat, blocking off my airway.

Before he had the chance to cut off any more oxygen from reaching my lungs, my hand reached for the knife in my blazer pocket. With a firm grip, I pressed the blade against his recent wound. Still fresh and entirely unhealed.

Luca groaned loudly. His kiss became more forceful as his shaking hand reached for mine to rip away the knife from hold. I pushed the blade deeper. Luca detached his lips from mine and a loud wail left his lips as he stumbled backwards. He placed a hand on his wound and looked to see the layer of blood that coated his fingers. His eyes were murderous as they met mine and the sad blue eyes were no longer hiding only despair, but anger.

One step.

I took a single step before sneakily jabbing his wound before retrieving the knife back a second later. Luca couldn't react soon enough, because I fisted him in the stomach that crouched him and sent a hard swing of my elbow to his head that knocked him to the floor.

"Not quick enough, my dear old, Luca." My body hovered over his as I pressed the blade against his neck. "Oh, how the tables have turned."

Luca was still silent.

His eyes cursed me as they stared deep into my soul.

I settled my knee on his wound, pressing. Luca clenched his jaw, his expression hardening as he grunted in pain.

"Talk to me, love", I begged in a tempting soft tone. "I crave to hear your voice . . . " I trailed the sharp end of the knife down his neck, settling at his larynx. "Or should I cut this out?"

I've gone full-on insane. Meaning: full-on lethal.

"You're everything they described you."

"Pretty? Attractive? Skilled? Dangerous?.... Psychotic?"

"All and cunning."

An edge of my lips curled. "Cunning is all I am."

"I'm sorry, I underestimated you." A shadowed smirk played on his lips.

"I'm sorry, I almost fell victim to you", I countered fiercely. "It ends here, one of us dies."

"Or both."

"If I were to take my last breath, I'd prefer to be alone."

Curiosity and a brief shock flickered in his eyes. "Why?"

"Do you wish to die by someone?"

A whirlwind of troubled thoughts was seen in his eyes before he said, "By or with?"

I never thought of that.

I stared at him and blinked. "How about with the one by? Die beside the one who took your last breath. "

His smirked returned. "A tempting offer."

"I'll die. But not tonight. There are those who need me and I must stay alive."

"How wise. They told me you were."

"The one's who sent you, your parents?"

His jaw twitched, expression hardening. "I don't address them as parents, but yes . . the one's who sent me. To kill you."

I didn't press more about his foster parents.

But what if they're not his foster parents?

What if he's really of the Gallante bloodline?

What if everything Luca said was a lie?

I didn't bother to ask further questions.

By the least, I respected the tiniest bit of his privacy and personal life, even if he lied to me. Plus, I wanted to end this night as soon as I could.

"I would've never taken you as a Gallante . . . how moronic of me to not have noticed . . ."

A silence fell between us. It was cut short when Luca whispered, "How moronic of me to wish it wasn't you ."

I looked at him, unable to make out what he said. "What?"

The thought of Luca's blood starting to flow across the floor passed my mind when he reached up a hand, his finger brushing aside a few strands of my hair. His eyes calmed into a daze as he stared up at my face. "I really wish the girl I was sent to kill, wasn't the one I saw dancing in the garden or the one I caught looking up at the stars. I deeply wish she was neither, but she's both and it's killing me. Fuck . . I'm losing so much blood right now . . but . . it felt like I was already dying. "

I fell speechless.

My lips were wine, and he was indeed drunk.

"Do you . . . wish to do what you should or what you want?", I asked, staring intently at his face.

"I wish to do what I should. I want to do what I wish", he replied in a dreamlike tone. Almost as if he were yearning.

"What is it you wish?", I asked softly.

"For your life to be spared."

There was a seriousness and hidden sincerity in his orbs when our eyes aligned.

I feared the sincerity.

"Then spare me and I'll do the same for you", my words came out like a caress, soft and faint, "Tell me the truth, and I'll treat your wound, again."

"What truth?", he asked just as soft.

"You were sent to kill me in particular", I paused and choked on my own words, "There's Sophia and Tamara . . . why me?"

Luca's expression shifted to match mine. He was quiet for a minor moment before saying, "You think I came to kill a Valiente . . . ."

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. Why else who he be here?

"Didn't you?"

A muscle in his neck flexed, his jaw clenching once more. "No."

I tired. I tried to think of any other reason, but couldn't. "Why then?. . w. . why did they send you?", I asked, mentally cursing at the sudden fear evident in my voice.

"I underestimated you, so I won't make the same mistake again. Maybe you are ready for the truth . . ."

"What if your truth is your own lie?", I asked sternly.

"Hear me out first then."

There wasn't any other way. This could be a step closer to my past . . or maybe not I don't know. Ready or not . . . maybe I needed to know this. I didn't trust Luca, especially after earlier. I still don't trust him.

After I contemplated my choices, I sighed and pushed myself off the floor.

"I swear to god if you try anything . . . "

"Do you see me right now? I'm incapable of doing anything", he said. When I looked down at his vulnerable state, I knew I had the upper hand. But he's trained to be a Gallante, I couldn't let my guard down.

Not even for a second.

It took quite a while until I laid Luca on the bathroom floor, settling him in a position where no pressure was on his wound against the bathtub. Fortunately, I left my medical supplies here last night, because I thought he'd need it more than I did.

Luca's stare was heavy as I re-stitched his wound, him wincing every now and then.

"Why don't just let me bleed? I tried to kill you . . ", he murmured in between rasped breaths.

"Maybe I enjoy playing the fool", I said without meeting his eyes.

Once I've finished closing the open gash, I secured the knot and cut off the thread. We were both quiet as I wrapped a clean bandage around his torso. Our eyes met for a second before I stood up to dispose of the previous, bloody bandage and wash my hands.

"Are you angry at me?"

"It'd be weird if I wasn't. You held a knife to my neck", I responded while scrubbing the blood off my hands, "You can be angry with me too. I actually wanted to kill you." When I glanced at the mirror, I caught Luca staring at me. "I'll go get an extra shirt and leave you to change."

My foot has stepped past the bathroom door frame until Luca says, "I meant the kiss."

Every part of me tensed at the mention of the kiss. I released a heavy sigh, lowering my head before I asked with my back facing him, "Do you think I'm angry?"

"You should be . . . ", he whispered softly.

Very well then . . . 

"Then, I'm angry."

. . . . . . .

"OK. Talk." Sitting on the edge of the bed with Luca lying flatly on his back, I brought my knife out and twirled it around my fingers.

"A steak knife? Really?", he asked with the tiniest tone of amusement.

I admired the rose-gold colour and the crystal-like patterns on the handle. "It's pretty and I like pretty things."

Luca snorted. "You like yourself then?"

"Darling, I love myself. In full honestly, I truly do. But it all depends on the day and my mood."

"Don't call me darling. It feels like taking a stab in the heart", he grinned in a sly manner.

"Well, good. Won't be needing this." I waved the knife in my hand.

"Do you really plan on stabbing me? You wouldn't want to stitch me up again for the third time do you?", he asked tiredly.

"I wouldn't. I'm perfectly keen on leaving you here to bleed out and wait to hear that a student was found dead in his bed."

Luca gulped. "It scares me that I don't doubt you."

"You're right to do so. Now, are you going to tell me the real reason you tried to kill me and why I have to be here other than in my boyfriend's arms?"

A triggered expression flicked across Luca's face. "You just said the last part to hurt me didn't you?"

"I always did believe a girl's words could hurt more than the tip of a blade. Take this as my way of torture", I smiled smugly.

"This is torture . . .", he sighed, frustratedly, "Why do you have to be so quick-witted?"

"I was trained to be. I don't necessarily believe it came naturally . . . and also why would you kiss me if you didn't have more but mutual feelings towards me?", I grinned and tucked my chin in the palm of my hand.

He clenched and unclenched his jaw. "It's only natural for a guy wanting to kiss a pretty girl", he shrugged off my words casually.

I hummed, nodding. "Nice try distracting. Now, either you talk or I walk out without ever talking to you again."

"That's just punishment."

"One more unnecessary word and I walk out that door."

Luca's face fell after hearing the seriousness in my voice. The distinct look on my face forced him to speak up.

"I warn you . . . this may confuse you. It'll change everything", he said with emphasis on the last word.

My shoulders tensed at hearing that.

Everything.

An unsteady sigh left my lips, my body relaxing before returning a firm nod.

Luca seemed unsure at first, hesitant to say anything but eventually gave in after I flaunted the knife in my hand.

"My parents are going to kill me for telling you this . . ."

"Not if I kill you first."

"Fair enough", he said, "You've heard of the Reales?"

"Who?"

Clearly, my question threw Luca off because he spared me a distinctive look. He checked to see any sign of me joking but it was evident I had no idea who he was talking about.

"The Reales . . ?" He raised a brow and I shook my head.

"No idea who you're talking about."

"You're part of the mafia and you don't know who the Reales are? Don't you know your history?"

"There's a history to the mafia?", I asked. Luca was about to explain until I held up a long-fingered hand and said, "Nope. Don't answer that. That was dumb. Moving on, who are the Reales?"

Luca sighed. "Starting from the very beginning then . . . So as you know . . which I'm sure you know . . . mafia families are ranked . ."

I nodded.

"You know which is number one?"

"I never really bothered to know. But I do know the Gallantes and Valientes are at the top. Just not highest I guess . . ."

"Never the highest. Because that position is lost", Luca told.

My eyebrows furrowed. "What do you mean lost?"

"Yeah, that gets complicated . . . I'll just tell you this straight, the Reales are at highest. Always have been. In simple words, the most powerful mafia clan in the dark world."

"Dark. World. Nice", I paused, " We're all living in the dark", I mumbled. "Ok, so the Reales are at the top . . so . . .?"

"The Reales . . are dead."

Luca's expression softened a bit as his eyes aligned with mine, almost as if he expected a reaction from me.

"Ok . . . ."

"Look, the assassination of the Reales is quite gruesome and it goes down in mafia history. They were legends. Literally. One reason why the position is still theirs after death . . ."

"That doesn't make sense. The entire clan is dead. Bloodline lost. The position must be open", I said.

"That's the thing, Kristine . . .", he paused and gave me a significant look, "Rumours are going around . . . there's a belief that the bloodline isn't lost."

My face scrunched in confusion, eyebrows knitting together as I waited for Luca to explain.

"Nobody really knows much about the Reales death. There's so many . . . missing pieces . . nobody has put those pieces together . . ."

"Any slightest idea of how they died?"

"Well . . . we all know they were ambushed at their own mansion . . . don't know by who . . . and don't really know what happened next . . ."

"Ambushed as in -"

"The usual", Luca shrugged, "Gunfires . . .A complete massacre ", he glanced at me, "A rumour is that two escaped that night."

"Who? Who were the two?"

"The Reales, Matteo and Pensri, had two children. One boy. One girl."

"Siblings . . ."

He nodded. "Nobody knows what happened that night, Kristine. Everything just went . . .so wrong", my eyebrows furrowed deeper at the sudden crack in Luca's voice. "My family heard from another, that family from another family and so on . . . . but here's the thing . . .", he paused and sighed, "Rumours has it that . . . the two escaped to some sort of safe house with one of their loyal guards . . . they were ambushed there . . .", he looked at me, "A fire started. "

My breathing paused in my throat.

"Kristine, there wasn't a trace of both kids . . making it out alive . . ."

An unsettling feeling started to lump in my throat, almost like a choked cry. 

"Only one . . .?"

Luca nodded with his eyes on mine. "One did. " He was silent for a moment. His eyes turned dead serious as he maintained our prolonged eye contact. "You know what that means?"

"The Reale bloodline . . . isn't dead. ."

"I can't tell you what I heard. But I can tell you which of the two escaped . . . .", he paused and studied the look on my face before saying, "I think you know . . ."

"This can't possibly be going the way I think it is . . . "

Luca's eyes took a second to roam over my features, his voice lowering as he said, "The daughter . . . she's alive."

Abruptly, I pushed myself off the bed and stood up. "Luca, stop talking."

"You know where I'm going with this don't you?"

"You can't possibly think -"

"My family has convinced me."

"Really.. .  What did they say exactly?", I asked, regaining a calm posture, barely realizing the pace of my breathing has increased, "What proof Luca, do they have?", I turned to face him.

"They have enough", he scorned, his dark eyes meeting mine. I could feel my anger building inside of me as I matched the intensity of his gaze. "You believe me, Kristine. I know you do. Deep down you know what I'm saying is true."

Closing my eyes, I inhaled deeply before heaving out a sigh. When I opened my eyes, I spoke, "What you're saying, Luca is a great deal and a threat to us all, you know that don't you?"

"How is it a threat?", he asked in disbelief. "If what I'm saying is true, you're way more powerful than who you think -"

"It's a threat to my family. It threatens the lives of my sisters", my voice softened at the thought, "There's a reason why some of us don't want that much power", I said, "It threatens everything we have, everything we care for and love."

That silenced Luca. His lips formed a thin line as he looked down at his lap. "You really think of them as your family?", he sent a sharp glance at me, "The Valiente's kept the name Reale away from you. Kept it hidden. They kept your past a secret, Kristine. They know the truth. They know who you are. They lied to you."

Suddenly, the room started to feel a little too small. The surrounding air suffocates me. I did my very best to steady my breathing before saying, "They're not the only ones who are lying."

My eyes were cold as I stalked my way towards Luca, the knife in my hand.

"Wha -"

I pressed my forearm against his chest, shoving him back to the headboard. My other hand pointed the knife at his throat. Our faces were close. Our breathing was heavy as we stared back at each other. His eyes flickered down to my lips as I waited to bore mine deeply into his before I made my statement, "What is it you're hiding, Luca?" Despite, the softness in my voice, my words came out malice, threatening, "There's more to the story, isn't there?"

Luca's face morphed into being unreadable as the silence returned, burying us under its heavy weight.

"You're lying", I whispered.

"What could I be lying?" He tenderly brushed a thumb across my cheek, his fingers lingering on my ear.

"Who you are", I said and something hopeful mixed with torment alighted in Luca's eyes, "You know too much just to be someone who's heard from others . . . . the anguish in your eyes, the pain in your voice . . . There's something there. I know there is because it hurts to be close to you and yet I'm still so far", I paused, my eyes softening as I searched for the truth in his, "Who are you, Luca?"

I could feel the fast beating of Luca's heart against my skin and hear the shaky breath he took after I asked the question. The question he feared so much for me to ask.

Who are you, Luca?

"Shouldn't you ask yourself that?"

This hurts.

I don't why but it does. This hurts. It hurts a little too much.

I've pushed myself away from him. Already, making my way out the door and shutting it close behind me. Leaning my back against his room door, I released a sigh and looked up at the ceiling, wishing there were stars right now. I need to see the stars. I need to talk to him.

So that's what I did.

I ran.

He knows me.

I know him.

After sprinting up the flights of stairs, I burst through my room door and tore open the balcony doors. I stumbled when I crashed against the bannister, breathing heavily with my damped hands gripping the surface. The stinging pain beneath my eyelids awarded me of the tears that threatened to fall. 

"The daughter . . . she's alive."

"No."

"The Valiente's kept the name Reale away from you. Kept it hidden. They kept your past a secret, Kristine. They know the truth. They know who you are. They lied to you."

"No."

What is there for me to believe?

I looked up at the stars, somewhat hoping I would find answers. But all I found was comfort in knowing he was watching over me. They all are. Maybe even my parents. My believed-to-be diseased brother. 

"This is may not be fair . . .", I managed to choke out softly, bottling down the troubled feelings and tears inside, "We haven't talked in a while . . . and I only am talking to you now because I'm looking for some sort of comfort, that I do not wish to go to a living soul for", I paused, licking my now dried lips, "William, what do I do?"

Flashback

"What do I do?", I asked him, who was crouched down by the rose bush in front of me.

"About what?"

"Everything." William switched his intention from the roses to me, his eyes confused as they looked at me."I keep having memory flashes . . and these dreams . . .voices in my head . . . they keep telling me things, and I don't know what to believe. I won't find answers here . . . . should I just run away?" 

William studied me in silence, thinking before plucking a single rose and walking over to where I sat. "Then what? You just keep running?"

"I won't be running away from my problems if that's what you're thinking . . . .I'll be searching for answers."

"And then?", he asked, taking a seat beside me on the garden steps. "What would you do when you do find answers? Would you be able to face the truth?"

"With my head held high."

He smiled softly. "I know you will. But some can only handle a certain amount of truth. I'll never underestimate how strong you are, Kristine . . . . but one day the truth will come crashing down on you and I don't know how much you'll be able to take."

I thought about what he said. I thought very carefully because I knew he was right. "What do I do, then?", I asked, "When the truth comes crashing down?"

William shrugged, tucking the soft-pink rose through my hair above my ear. "You'll know what to do."

"Will I?"

"Yes."

"How do you know?"

"Because I do . . . and the Kristine I know pulls herself together so easily, nobody ever gets the chance to see her troubled."

I smiled at that. However, quickly fell into a frown. "I don't pull myself together easily."

"I'd have to argue based on what I've seen."

"That's because you're around", I leaned my head on his shoulder, "The number times I just want to breakdown and cry during those moments . . . .what will I do if you're not around? I'll most likely crumble apart."

"You won't."

"I know I have my sisters . . . but they're burdened by so much already -"

"You're not a burden, Kristine. Not to them, not to anyone", he assured with a light nudge. 

"I know I'm not. It's my problems that are. But yet again everyone has problems, so some people are bound to be burdened at some point in their life", I said. 

"If they don't keep their problems to themselves . . . "

"Some people feel better off that way. They keep their burdens to themselves, to spare everyone else their pain."

"You're one of those people aren't you?"

"I'm sharing my burdens with you now, am I not? And I'll keep troubling you with them . . . just so that someone knows, Kristine La Cartier, doesn't always have it easy."

William chuckled, the motion causing my temple to bounce against his hard shoulder. "Great."

We both enjoyed our time together in the garden in peaceful silence. When I was called by Elma to go back inside, William said, "You navigate, Kristine." 

I looked at him wonderingly with my head tilted to the side. 

"When things get heavy, you navigate. Navigate your way through the situation and find a solution. If that solution doesn't work, you find another until you find the right one", he said, "If not strategically, then emotionally. Navigate through your emotions, understand them before using them to lead you to a destination. A solution. If you calm down, breathe, you'll reach there sooner."

My head raised in fulfilment. I gave a firm nod that made William smile in satisfactory. "I'll navigate my way through life", I told him. 

Our hands locked and the star constellation charms of our bracelets sparked each other under the sunlight. 

Present

"When things get heavy, you navigate", I mumbled. 

Reaching into my blazer pocket, I pulled out my phone and searched for Maya's contact number. 

On-Call

My Gurl:

Yo, boss. What's up?

Me:

I've got an assignment.

𝓐𝓾𝓽𝓱𝓸𝓻'𝓼 𝓜𝓮𝓼𝓼𝓪𝓰𝓮

Hi, my lovely readers! Wow, we're already on chapter 55. I can't believe it honestly. It's been more than a half-year with LETHAL and I'm loving every second of writing it. There's so much more to come, so brace yourselves. Hope all of you are satisfied with what this chapter had to give, the others will offer so much more, trust me. 

I'll be going back to re-edit chapters and will announce if there are any major changes. Especially now that I've released HURTS LIKE HELL, I need to make sure there is a distinction between the lives of our two female leads. Both are inspired by me. Characteristics - minus the murdering habits. Looks. Past story. That's why these two stories mean the world to me. I legally own both by right of my life. 

Last message, I'm thinking we should have a countdown until the Royal Ball. Hopefully, that would be chapter 60. Just so that you're in anticipation of a magical night. 

That's all from me. Thank you for reading :)

xoxoxo

Love, KS♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

592K 19.7K 47
HEIRS SERIES #1 ~Eres Academy~ Paige Bennet is a commoner. Wealth isn't in her vocabulary, nor is designer...
144 0 6
Death has been following me since the day I was born. You are losing loved ones. You're losing friends. It's scary when you start to lose yourself. L...
13.4K 299 43
"Love has this aura of being beautiful. Passion. Precious... But in reality, sometimes it hinders you. Confuse you. Blind you..." Not a traditional m...
302 16 8
𝒞𝒶𝓉𝒶𝓁𝒾𝓃𝒶 𝑅𝑜𝒹𝓇𝒾𝑔𝓊𝑒𝓏 Her last name was a curse she thought. Everywhere she went someone would recognise her or scream her name in hope...