Dépaysement (h.s)

By complicatedfr3aks

Delilah Lavigne is the owner of the tattoo shop Caim. Her life was anything but simple growing up and once sh... More

oo
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83

23

613 7 17
By complicatedfr3aks

Harry Styles

I wake up feeling a weight on top of me, I immediately open my eyes just to be met with Delilah still in the same position as last night.

She's sleeping peacefully on top of me. This is weird. I don't remember the last time I slept with a girl without the sex part beforehand.

But, she needed someone last night and for whatever reason I was that someone so I couldn't just turn her down.

I slowly sit up and wiggle my way out of her grasp, she stirs in her sleep a little bit but doesn't wake up. I sit up on my bed and admire her, my eyes trailing to the same arm that I saw last night. Her sleeve is covering her entire arm and most of her hand, acting as a paw so I can't see it anymore.

Do I ask her about it? No, she might get embarrassed or upset. Even though it's not something to be embarrassed about, I don't know how she'd react to the question.

From my point of view, if someone pointed it out I would probably be pissed because 1. Fuck off and 2. It's none of your fucking business.

I quietly make my way to the bathroom and turn my shower on, hoping the noise doesn't wake her up.

I take my time in the shower and once I get out, I wring out the water in my hair with my towel then wrap it around the lower half of my body and step out of the bathroom to go to my bedroom.

I walk through my bedroom door and stop mid way when I see Delilah sitting up in my bed, awake. "Erm, good morning." I announce myself.

She wipes her eyes and waves while yawning, "Hi."

"How did you sleep?" I walk to my closet to pick out some clothes for the day and set them down on my bed.

"Pretty good. Thanks for being my body pillow for the night." She lets out a laugh and stands up from the bed.

I grin and wink at her, "Anytime." She rolls her eyes at me and walks out of my bedroom, "Where are you going?"

She turns back around and raises her eyebrows, pointing to my towel around me, "I'm letting you change in your own bedroom" I nod with my lips in a line and she closes my door.

Once I'm done changing into a black hoodie with black sweatpants and putting on my black converse, I open the door again to see her sitting on one of my stools at the bar in the kitchen. She turns her head at my arrival, "I'm hungry do you have any food?"

I point the fridge, "Yeah help yourself." She gets up from the stool and opens the fridge inspecting it for food. She pulls out a plastic tub of strawberries, washing it in the sink then sticking one in her mouth and biting down. She raises her eyebrows at me while holding out another strawberry to me and I shake my head at the offer.

"We're matching." She blurts out. I look down at my attire and then to hers to see that we are. "Hm. You've got good taste then."

She laughs and shakes her head, "I don't think this is considered good taste but you too."

"This is weird, right?" I blurt out. Not trying to ruin the moment but it is a little weird.

She points her finger at me, "It's only weird if you make it weird. So, don't." She plucks out another strawberry and eats it while saying the last part.

I nod at that because it's true, and go to make myself a cup of coffee. "Want one?" I turn around to her while holding a mug up. She turns her head to look back at what I'm offering and shakes her head, declining. "I thought you liked coffee?" I remember her telling me she only drinks coffee and water when I went to her apartment for the first time.

She nods and finishes her strawberry, "I do. I just don't like black coffee and I'm sure you do just by the way you look and act so it's a firm no for me."

I furrow my eyebrows, "How do I act like someone who drinks black coffee?"

She turns around fully to face me and leans her back on the counter, "You're all dark and broody and just seem like the type to. Am I wrong?"

I look away from her and put my lips in a line and she hums at the fact that she was right. I roll my eyes and go back to make my black coffee. I don't need cream or sugar added in my coffee to get my fix. It's perfect the way it is.

"Aren't you supposed to drink tea? Since, you know, you're British." She subtly laughs.

"Are you stereotyping me right now, Lavigne?"

She scoffs, "No." but nods her head yes.

I slightly laugh at the action and sip my coffee, she picks up her keys from my counter and sighs, "Alright well I'll get out of your hair and leave you to it so, bye."

"Wait," I stop her, "You can stay if you want."

She squints her eyes at my offer, "A-Are you sure?" I nod. She drops her keys back on the counter, "Okay. Then what are we gonna do?"

I shrug, "Whatever you want."

She looks at the clock on my microwave and widens her eyes, "Oh shit I forgot I have to go to work today."

"Now?" Didn't she just get half a million dollars? Why does she even still work there?

"Yeah my shift starts in 30 minutes." She leaves the kitchen and searches around the living room for her shoes, "They're in my bedroom." I help her.

She mutters a thank you and runs into my bedroom, then comes back out with them in her hand. She has converse too, we really are matching.

"You should just not go." I bargain.

She sighs while putting on her shoes, "I wish. I'm the owner, I can't just call in without worrying about who will be able to open the store and keep it running all day."

"Fair enough." I set my coffee cup back on the counter and grab my keys, she lifts her head up from the noise and tilts her head, "What are you doing?"

I lift my hand and shake my keys, "Taking you to work. Duh."

"Why are you taking me to work?" Her voice is filled with confusion.

"Because I'm going to drop you off, run some errands, then pick you up when you get off." I make a obviously face and she widens her eyes slightly, "Harry, why on earth are you doing that?"

I shrug, "Because I want to. So hurry your ass up so you won't be late." I rush her and walk towards my door and open it.

"What am I gonna do about my car?" She points to her keys.

"Leave it here, I'll bring you back later to pick it up."

She sighs but gives in, grabs her purse and walks out of the door. I close it behind us and lock it before we walk out of my building and into my car.

As soon as she sits down in the passenger seat, she pulls down the mirror in my car and widens her eyes, "Jesus Christ, I look like I just arose from the dead."

"You kinda look like a raccoon."

Her jaw drops open and she flips me off, "Well fuck you then."

She reaches into her bag and pulls out a package that looks like disinfecting wipes. She takes one wipe out and rubs it on her face, "What the fuck is that?" I ask while putting my keys into the ignition.

"It's a makeup wipe you idiot."

"So it just takes off all of your makeup in one go?" I didn't even know they made those.

She nods while wiping her under eyes, "Pretty much, yeah."

I hum and put the car in reverse while she speaks up again after throwing the wipe full of black stuff on it back in her bag, "Do you have Bluetooth or an aux cord?"

"I have Bluetooth, why?" I look over at her to see her pulling out a hair brush from her purse, goddamn does she have a fucking shovel in there too?

"So I can connect my phone." She states while brushing through her hair.

"Why do you want to connect your phone to my Bluetooth?" I question with a confused look on my face.

"Oh my god Harry, to play music obviously!" She speaks with frustration.

I hold my hands up as a surrender before putting them back on the wheel, "I don't listen to music while driving."

"What?! Are you insane?"

I raise my eyebrows, "Yeah."

She scoffs but ignores my previous statement and sets up my Bluetooth to connect to her phone and names it "Lilah's phone."

"Why does everybody call you Lilah?" I question. All of the guys have started calling her that and I'm the only one who doesn't.

"It's been my nickname ever since I was little, so it just stuck and that's all anybody ever calls me. That and Iris because of my mom."

I nod and continue driving while she searches through her phone for a song to play, I decide not to argue with her further about it since she is just going to play one anyways.

I hear the beat to the song and recognize it, R U Mine? by Arctic Monkeys.

I turn my head to the right to where she's sat and see her looking out the window bopping her head to the song.

I focus back to driving after slightly grinning and hit my thumbs on the steering wheel to the beat of the song.

"You know this song?" She questions with shock coating her voice.

"Mhm."

She hums and continues singing the song lowly.

After the song is over she plays a few more that I don't recognize and I eventually pull into the parking lot of her shop.

She unbuckles her seatbelt and grabs her bag then turns to me, "I'll see you later?"

"Yeah I'll be here to pick you up."

She nods and opens the car door, getting out and taking keys out of her purse to unlock the store. Once she's in, I reach my arm on the seat next to me to look out of the back window to reverse and pull out of her parking lot.

Delilah Lavigne

I walk into CAIM and open it up by turning on the sign and setting all the machines up. I sit down at my desk after doing so and stare at the wall, what the hell just happened? We were so civil and everything about last night and this morning seemed almost normal. Harry and I are anything but that.

I check the list of appointments for today to see that we have fourteen meaning today is going to be pretty busy and there's only three of us that's going to be in.

I look like complete shit right now, in sweatpants and a hoodie with no makeup on and my hair all frizzy. If anyone comments on it I won't be afraid to backhand them.

After setting everything up, including my studio, the bell to the door chimes and I peek my head out to see Leo walking in. "Morning boss!"

"Leo stop calling me boss, I'm pretty sure we're past that stage of our friendship." I roll my eyes while laughing.

He shrugs, "Sorry boss." I give him a look and he laughs while holding his hands up as a surrender.

"Who else is coming in today?" He asks while setting his stuff down in his studio

"It's me, you and Lennon again."

He pumps his fist in the air, "Yes!"

I laugh and make my way back to my desk to grab my phone to text Lennon and ask her if she will feed Nicks for me before coming in and once I send the text I notice I got a text from someone else so I click on the notification.

Niall
Come to Harry's place tonight, we're celebrating.

Delilah
Celebrating what exactly?

Niall
You. Duh.

Delilah
And why are we doing that?

Niall
Because you deserve to be celebrated for so stop asking questions and meet us at Harry's later.

I chuckle at his last text and send an "okay" back then set my phone back down.

After a while, Lennon walks in with an iced coffee for me which I got a little too excited for and thanked her. How she managed to go to my apartment to feed Nicks, stop at a coffee shop and come into work on time is beyond me.

The day went by pretty fast because of the fact that we were super busy so watching the clock wasn't even a thought in my mind throughout the day. I am now off and closing the shop with Harry waiting for me in the lot.

I get into his car and run my hands through my hair, "Niall said we have to go back to your place to celebrate me."

He furrows his eyebrows, "He told you that?"

I nod and he speaks up again,"Why did he say we're celebrating you?"

"I don't know, he's Niall."

He shrugs with a frown as if he agrees.

I connect my phone to his Bluetooth again and play music from my playlist. I see the annoyed look on his face from the corner of my eye at me doing it but his option on not listening to music in the car with me is out of the window.

He drives to his building and pulls up next to my car in the lot and puts his car in park.

We get out of his car and walk into his building, he unlocks his door and we walk inside. It's pitch black in here so he turns on the lights in the living room and kitchen then he makes his way to the bedroom.

He comes back out with a bun in his hair and sits down on the couch. I join him by sitting across from him and he speaks up, "Erm, how was work?"

I chuckle, "Is this you trying to make small talk?"

He puts his lips in a line with the corners slightly lifted to hold back a smile. Why does he never smile? I don't think I've ever seen him truly laugh or hold a genuine smile.

"It was good thanks. What'd you do today?"

He shrugs, "Just ran some errands."

"What kind of errands?" I question.

He scratches the back of his neck, "Erm, I just met with Luca for a little bit."

"Why?" I press.

"He just wanted to go over some stuff for our next mission. Nothing major."

I squint my eyes, "Okay.." I just drop it instead of pressing further.

His door opens and in comes all of the guys holding booze, "Parties here motherfuckers!" Niall yells with open arms and a bottle of vodka in his hand.

I chuckle and stand up to give him a hug, "About damn time you showed up!"

"How long have you been here?" He asks pulling away from the hug.

"Just got here." I answer to which he nods. They don't need to know I spent that night.

I greet the rest of the guys, which is just giving Zayn a hug and nodding to Louis and Liam, and we make our way back to the living room to sit together on the couch. Me in between Niall and Zayn with Louis, Liam and Harry on the opposing side facing us.

They place the alcohol on the coffee table in front of us and Niall pours whiskey into plastic red solo cups for us to drink. He hands us a cup and we raise them up to cheers as if we're taking a shot.

Niall leads the toast, "Here's to Lilah and her officially joining us, to many parties in our future and hopefully one of us getting to see what's under that hoodie of hers!"

I widen my eyes and go to smack his arm, "Niall!" He chuckles and they all say cheers to his toast and drink. Rolling my eyes, I ignore it and drink.

After downing all of the whiskey in my cup, we decide to take a few shots together with music now playing in the background from a speaker that Zayn brought.

Harry has LED's hung around his kitchen and under his couch in the living room so now purple lights are the only source of light in his house.

With four shots and whiskey in our system, Zayn and I are now dancing together in Harry's living room.

The song playing right now is Hey Ya! by Outkast.

I grabbed a spatula from Harry's kitchen and am using it as a microphone as I stand on his coffee table with Zayn singing up to me standing on the ground.

I start off the first verse, "One, two, three, uh! My baby don't mess around because she loves me so and this I know fo sho. But does she really wanna but can't stand to see me walk out the door?" We clap along to the song and flow through the next few verses back to each other.

"Thank God for Mom and Dad for sticking two together, 'Cause we don't know how!" Zayn shouts back to me.

For the Hey Ya's we both sing to each other with jazz hands and move side to side.

"You think you've got it oh, you think you've got it, but got it just don't get it 'til there's nothin' at all" I shout into the spatula down at Zayn.

Zayn shouts over the speaker at me, "Are we so in denial when we know we're not happy here?"

"Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance!" Everyone in the room yells in unison.

I turn to the boys sitting down watching us in front of me, "Hey! Alright now, Alright now, fellas," and they shout back "Yeah?"

I start jumping up and down to the repeating lyrics and hear them laugh at me but I ignore it and keep dancing.

I take the spatula and put it in front of Zayn's mouth for him to sing, "Shake it like a Polaroid picture!"

We continue singing the last verse together which is just repeating and once it's over I drop the spatula on the table as a mic drop and jump onto the couch with a huff.

"Zayn you should invest in a singing career." I blurt out while picking up my cup full of whiskey.

He laughs and shakes his head, "No I should not but you should probably cut yourself off," he takes the drink out of my hand and I huff out of frustration.

"Okay dad."

He widens his eyes with a smile, "Damn Lilah, I didn't know you were into that type of stuff."

I roll my eyes and smack his arm playfully, which earns me a chuckle from him. His laugh is so cute I wonder if he knows that. Someone should tell him.

"You just did." Harry laughs.

I turn my head to him and widen my eyes, did I just say that out loud?

"Yeah you did." Niall confirms beside me.

I cup my hand over my mouth and turn my head back to Zayn to see him laughing so hard he's hunched over, "It's true, you're laugh is cute." I repeat through laughs with my voice coming out muffled in my hand.

He recovers from his laughter and sits up, "Well thank you, yours is too. But you for sure have had enough for tonight so let's get you home, yeah?"

I sigh and nod, I probably should just get home and go to sleep in my own bed with Nicks by my side. Oh my god Nicks!

"I miss my baby!" I announce my thoughts while Zayn helps me stand up.

"Your baby?" He asks.

"Her cat, Nicks." Harry answers from the couch.

Zayn rolls his eyes with a laugh and grabs my shoes, "I'm gonna take her home, you guys good?" He turns to the guys while walking me to the door.

They all nod and say goodbye to me and I wave back and we leave.

"What about my car?" This is the second time today where I have to leave my car at Harry's.

"I can get you in the morning to grab it but it's not safe for you to drive right now, kid."

"And it is for you?" I say with a sarcastic tone.

"I didn't drink much. I wouldn't drive you if I did, don't worry."

Zayn walks me to the passenger side of his car and helps me in, then walks over to his side to get in and starts the car.

After a twenty minute drive of me basically talking Zayn's ear off in my drunken state we finally pull up to my apartment building and he helps me up to my door.

I thank him and hug him goodbye then walk through my door and lock it.

Sighing I yell out to Nicks, "Honey I'm home!"

He meows from my bedroom and comes running out to greet me and I lean down to pet him.

I walk to my bedroom with him following right behind and change into an oversized t shirt and sweatpants, then lay down in my bed.

As soon as my head hit the pillows, I immediately fall asleep.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Felt like we needed more content with the other boys and her but don't worry there's much more in store for that.  Esp her and harry ehehehehe

^^Delilah all the time

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

113K 3.4K 53
"Katie, this is Harry, Elijah, Niall and Lucas," Louis introduces me to the four tattoo artists sitting in the back room. They're each working on dif...
331K 7.5K 47
[COMPLETED] It is well known that the world isn't a nice place. There are too many people and not enough humanity. Emma learns this very quickly when...
15.7M 324K 100
I hate her, I hate her, I fucking hate her. If she died right now, I wouldn't care. My main concern would be how I would get my money for this stunt...
241 24 21
i'm bored and a really good writer GET THIS A WAtty Emerys life has been hard. with her father's disappearance and her mother's abuse, she's never ex...