Falling, Peter Parker

De thiams_heart

"I believe you." Olivia Stark the daughter of Tony Stark finally gets trusted into helping her father out, bu... Mai multe

FALLING
ACT ONE: BETRAYED
Guilt
Signing over
Government property
Recruiting
Teamwork
Truth be told
Saved
ACT TWO: STARTING FRESH
Trouble
Doubts
Danger
Technology sucks
Selfish
Spidey spirit
Apologies
Homecoming
ACT THREE: LOVERS ACT
American Wizards
Space & Scotland
Stowaways
Titan
Stupidity
Take it
Cursed
Ashes
ACT FOUR: MORE TIME
Revenge
Starting over
Back in business
Back to the past
Double
Reminiscing
Success
Returned
Gone, Gone, Gone
ACT FIVE: FRIENDS
Failed plan
Jealousy
Chaos magic
Disaster follows us
Dont play with fire
She knows
Can't tell what's real and what's fake
Welcome to the Netherlands
Final play
Bonding
ACT SIX: IM LOSING IT
Exposed
Acceptance
Multiverse
Trapped
Triple
Cures
Lady liberty
Demons
Variants
Forgotten
ACT SEVEN: BETWEEN UNIVERSES
Back in the game
The real enemy
Memory Lane
Old friends, New tricks
The other Avengers
Not just a little witch
The girl you were then

Befriending the enemy

401 11 0
De thiams_heart

"Dude, what happened?" Ned asks Peter.

"I just had a fight with Doctor Strange and I totally won!" Peter replies.

"What?" Olivia questions.

"Look, and I stole his ring thing" Peter states, Ned takes it from him and puts it on, "I was swinging through the city, and then I went through this massive mirror thing, and then I was back."

"Where is he?" Mj asks, "Where is he?"

"He's trapped" Peter responds, "but I'm not sure for how long."

"You could've just left us to die" Octavius reminds the boy, "Why didn't you?"

"Because that's not who he is" Olivia smiles.

"I think I can help you guys" Peter adds, "If I can fix what happened to you, then when you go back, things will be different and you might not die fighting Spider-Man."

"What do you mean, fix us?" Max questions.

"Look, our technology is advanced" Peter states.

"I can help you" Norman says, "You know, I'm something of a scientist myself. Octavius knows what I can do."

"Fix?" Octavius repeats, "You mean like a dog? I refuse."

"I can't promise you guys anything, but at least this way, you actually get to go home and have a chance" Peter suggests, "A second chance. I mean, come on. Isn't that worth trying?"

"Trust me, Peter" Connors starts, "When you try to fix people, there are always consequences."

"I mean, you don't have to come" Olivia shrugs, "I also didn't know that you could talk" The Lizard growls in disapproval, "But if you stay here you're gonna have to deal with Harry Potter."

"So, we go along, or die" Connors summaries, "Not much of a choice, is it?"

"I just wanna go home" Flint states.

"Well, I myself don't wanna be killed, especially by a guy dressed like Dungeons & Dragons" Max admits, "so what's your plan?"

"I have it all under control" Peter lies.

"What are we gonna do about this thing?" Peter whispers to Ned, Mj and Olivia. Meaning the cube that holds the spell.

"Well, we need to find somewhere safe for it, right?" Mj shrugs.

"Yeah" Ned nods, "Yes. Yes."

"You got to take it" Peter states.

"Wait, what?" Olivia questions.

"If something bad happens, I'll text you, and then you just push this and then it's all over, and they'll all be gone" Peter replies holding the cube.

"We're going with you" Mj tells him, "We're not gonna leave you."

"You can't come with me" Peter shrugs, "It's too dangerous. You guys have already done enough."

"I'm coming with you whether you like it or not" Olivia urges.

"Peter, we're in this together" Ned argues.

"I know we're in this together, Ned" Peter sighs, "but I can't do this if I know that you're in danger. Okay? So for me, Mj, please just take this. Please."

"Fine" Mj agrees taking the Machina de Kadavus.

"Thank you" Peter says.

"But Peter, I swear, if I don't hear from you, I'm pressing the button" Mj states.

"Sure" Peter nods.

Mj turns to all the villains, "And I will do it"

Norman nods in approval, "Yeah, we all believe you, Michelle" Max nods.

"She'll do it" Peter states.

"Absolutely" Olivia smiles, "She will."

"Okay" Peter sighs turning to his girlfriend, "you coming with?"

"I'd never miss out on this" Olivia responds.

"See you later" Peter says turning to Ned.

"Be safe" Ned replies.

"You too" As they high-five, a few sparkles spring from Ned's palm, "Whoa. Okay."

"Be careful, okay?" Mj says turning to Peter.

"Yeah. You too" Peter nods, He watches her leave as well, then turns to the villains, "So, uh. Who's coming with us?"

Osborn seems to have made up his mind. He glances at Octavius, who in turns glances at the two teenagers with annoyance, but also reluctant acceptance. "Well, I'm in" Max shrugs, "But, if this goes sideways. I'mma fry you from the inside out."

Olivia unlocks the door of Happys apartment, Aunt May, Peter and Olivia walk in with the villains. "Where's Connors?"

"He told me he wants to stay in the truck" May replies.

"Okay" Peter shrugs, ""Okay. I feel kinda bad using Happy's place like this."

"No, no, no, no" Olivia smiles, "He'll get over it."

Electro fires a dim pulse of energy at the TV, causing it to turn on. Sandman sits down on the couch, immediately leaving some dirt on it, "Oh, sorry." He tries to remove it, soiling it even more

"So this is your plan, Peter?" Octavius questions, "Mmm? No lab, no facilities, just performing miracles in a condominium? What, you're gonna cook up some churros, some frozen burritos in a microwave?"

"I could go for a burrito" Norman shrugs.

"He's gonna kill us all" Octavius mutters.

"Well, let's hope not" Olivia smiles, "You're up first, Doc." Peter and Olivia walk into peters room.

"What?" Octavius questions, "Hey, I told you. I don't need fixing. I don't need fixing! Especially by a teenager using scraps from a bachelor's junk drawer."

Electro walks up, clearly interested in whatever is in Peter's room, "No, no, no, no. He got something back there. I can feel it. That weird energy."

Inside his room, Peter walks up to a rectangular box-like object covered in sheet. He removes it, revealing an advanced tool made by Stark Industries, "happy" Olivia sighs realising what the man had done, "what did you do?"

"What the hell is that?" Osborn asks.

"It's a fabricator" Peter responds, He presses a button on its surface, causing it to unfold into what can be called a household engineering lab, "It can analyze, design, construct basically anything."

"I thought that was the tanning bed Happy broke" May sighs.

From one of the device's recesses springs the Arc Reactor. It catches Electro's attention. "Look at that."

The device finishes unfolding itself. Upon the Arc Reactor's activation, a sudden outburst of energy destroys one of the kitchen closets, causing Octavius to flinch in fear, "He's gonna kill us all."

Olivia, Peter and Norman are standing next to the fabricator, with the former explaining the intricacies of Octavius' tentacles to the latter, using the visual symbols and semi-tangible 3D models, the staple of Stark Industries technology. "So, the chip in the back of Doc's neck was designed to protect his brain from the A.I. system that's controlling these tentacles. But if you look here. The chip is fried. So rather than him being in control of the tentacles, the tentacles are now in control of him. Which, I guess explains why he is so miserable all the time."

Electro stares out of the window, observing the alternate New York he's in, "Look at this place. And all the possibilities."

"What? This condo?" Flint questions.

"Yeah. yeah, the condo" Max sarcastically replies, "I love the whole overfloor plan. No! No, man. I'm talking about the world. I kinda like who I am here. And all that power back there? I could be so much more. So why did you come here?"

"I have a daughter" flint responds, "And I wanna see her. But he's not gonna send anyone home. Till he's finished his little science project back there."

"You trust him?" Max asks.

"I don't trust anyone" Flint shrugs, "How'd you end up like that anyway?"

"The place where I worked at, They were experimenting with electricity created by living organisms" Max tells him, "and then I fell into a vat of electric eels."

"You're kidding" Flint chuckles, "I fell into a supercollider."

"Damn" Max smiles, "Gotta be careful where you fall."

"Olivia" May calls, Olivia walks out of Peters room, "do you know who that is?"

Olivia follows May's gaze when she enters the room, she sees a blue light heading towards the building, "Fuck!"

"Language" Flint sighs.

"Excuse my French" Olivia smiles, she hurries over to her laptop which is open on the coffee table, she quickly opens up a document and links it to a email and sends it. She presses her watch and her suit covers her, "don't tell Peter."

May and the group of villains look at the girl confused, but all assume the girl has a past with the figure approaching, "who is that?" Norman asks as him and Peter come into the room.

Peter looks over at his girlfriend, "it's her isn't it?"

Olivia nods, "I'll drive her away. But she's much stronger because she knows how the powers work and she consumed mine. But I can play smart" Peter kisses the girl before she hurries out of the apartment and runs onto the roof.

Isabella senses her daughters presence and looks up at her, "daughter."

"Why can't you just fuck off?" Olivia asks, "you have my power why are you coming after me?"

"I want to see you break" Isabella smirks, "I want you to lose it Olivia. Go crazy."

"I definitely won't go crazy for you" Olivia replies, "just leave."

In Peter's room, Peter and Norman are preparing the neural inhibitor chip. Osborn watches in fascination as Peter carefully aligns pieces, completing the device, "Remarkable. The technology and you. When all this is over, if you need a job and you're willing to commute to another universe."

Peter puts the last elements in its place. The chip is finally ready, "It worked. That totally worked!" He rushes back to the living room, showing the device to May, "I got it. I did it." He looks out the window and sees Olivia swinging across the city with her mother close behind her, "Will you send him up?"

"Yup" May nods, "Here we go."

Peter runs upstairs, onto the mezzanine, throwing a remote control to May haphazardly, "Sorry. Hold on, Doc."

May lifts Octavius to Peter's level, "Oh, will all these humiliations never cease?! You!" He then notices Peter is about to 'fix' him, "Keep your science fair project away from me!"

"Hey, it will work" Norman tells him, "Have faith."

"Says the reckless fool who turned himself into a monster" Octavius scoffs, Norman goes silent, evidently subdued and somewhat offended.

"Please stop" Peter begs, "Hold still."

"Don't you dare!" Octavius exclaims. May, Norman, Max and Flint watch in suspense as Spider-Man struggles to immobilize Doc Ock's head, "I swear when I get out of this wicker, I'm gonna-"

Peter finally manages to place the chip on his neck. Doc's head falls down, "Doc? Doc? Doc? Doctor Octavius?"

Otto's head quickly lifts up. It's as if he has woken up, "It's so quiet. Those voices- Inside my head- I'd almost forgotten."

"Otto" Norman smiles.

"Yes" Octavius replies, "Norman" He descends and stops on the floor, with a joyful expression all over his face, "It's me."

Peter jumps back down, "Would you look at that" Flint chuckles.

Peter slides his fingers against the nanotech remote control for the last time, and one of Otto's tentacles pulls forward, pressing against Peter's chest, transferring the stolen metal particles back to their owner.

Programmable metal melds with the fabric of Peter's uniform, creating a Integrated Suit, "I'm grateful, dear boy. Truly."

"Yeah. You're welcome" Peter nods.

They shake hands, "How can I help you?"

"This is Peter. Leave a message."

"Peter, this is Happy" Happy says into his phone after reaching peters voicemail, "I accessed my doorbell camera. Who are those guys? Is that a cyborg, you bring a cyborg with robot legs into my house? One of the guys was made of mud? Why is Olivia on the news chasing after a woman with the same powers as her? What's going on? Call me back."

"Come on Olivia" Isabella yells as she drags her child over the streets of New York attached to a beam around her torso.

"Give up Isabella" Olivia shouts to the woman as she tries to over power her but being unsuccessful as the older woman is much stronger than the teenager.

At the condo, Octavius and Norman Osborn are overseeing the creation of the anti-Goblin serum, "How does it feel, Norman? You're about to become whole again. No more darker half. Just you."

"Just me" Norman responds, He turns to Octavius, with a surprisingly jovial expression on his face. Otto reciprocates the smile.

In the living room, Peter prepares to start curing Electro with a newly constructed electricity drainer, "Okay. It just goes right here, this" Max looks at him suspiciously as Peter embeds the drainer on his chest. The device hums, stagnates, clicks and beeps, signifying the start of its procedure, "That should be drawing power now. I'm gonna come back in a second just to check on it, but keep an eye on the lights. When they're all green, it means all the electricity in your body's dissipated. Well, not all the electricity. I mean, obviously you know you need electricity for your brain to function. Your nervous system is- I'm not really sure why I'm explaining electricity to you."

Max shakes his head, not sure why Peter is doing that either, "Can I ask you a question?"

"Sure" Peter nods.

"Are these your legos?" Max asks. Before Peter can respond, Peter hears a sound from the fabricator. It's the anti-collider for Sandman, which has just finished its initial construction stage, "I gotta go. I'll be back."

Electro is left in the living room with Flint. As the electricity sapper ignites the first light with a beep, he hisses, as if the thing is inflicting pain on him, "Something feels off."

"What do you mean?" Flint asks.

"I don't like this" Max admits, referring to his curing device.

"Leave it alone" Flint orders, "the sooner you guys get through with this, the sooner we go home." The drainer beeps again. Electro sits with his teeth gnashed.

J. Jonah Jameson steps out of a Daily Bugle truck to meet up with his informant at the front yard pavement linked to the condominium's lobby, "Well? Where is he?"

"He's inside" the informant responds.

"And yet here we are, outside" Jameson scoffs, "Did you not hear me say, don't lose him?"

"Yes, sir" the informant says, "I-"

"I want incriminating footage of Spider-Man" Jameson interrupts, "The place is about to be swarming with cops!"

Inside the truck, the Lizard is observing the impending mayhem menacingly. His eyes narrow as he overhears the conversation, "And so it begins."

Olivia groans as she drops down onto the roof of a store after being let out of her mothers beam, "ow."

Isabella lands opposite her daughter on the roof, "what's wrong Livy? Are you in pain?"

Olivia glares at the woman as she holds onto her ribs, guessing that she's probably broken a few, scrabbling to her feet, "you gotta try harder than that."

"God I love you" Isabella chuckles a smirk spreads across her face, "you are definitely my daughter."

"You call this love" i exclaim, "I am not your daughter! Growing up I fantasied about my mother showing up, I thought you would've loved me. I don't know how I got that so wrong."

Olivia looks to her right and sees a opening to run, she puts all her focus into turning herself invisible until it works, once it's confirmed to her, by her mothers confused look, that she cannot see her and she runs.

Back in the apartment, Peter is tinkering with the anti-collider when his Spider-Sense Tingle goes off, sending warning signs from every direction. Peter stands up, with Octavius and Norman tailing behind him, "Peter?"

"What's wrong?" Norman question.

"I don't know" Peter replies, "May?"

They move through the corridor and enter living space, "What is it, Peter?" May asks her nephew.

"What's up, Peter?" Flint questions.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Max asks the boy.

Peter closes his eyes, focusing his instincts. Norman moves to the side of the room, with Octavius watching him closely. The tension rises further and further, Peter fires a web at Norman's hand, sticking it against the window. Norman smiles creepily, his other side is in control, "That's some neat trick, that sense of yours."

"Norman?" Octavius questions.

"Norman's unsabbatical, honey" green goblin smirks.

"The hell?" Max mutters.

"The Goblin" Peter realises.

"No more darker half?" Goblin questions, "Did you really think that I'd let that happen? That I'd let you take away my power, just because you're blind to what true power can bring you?"

"You don't know me" Peter states. May movies into the kitchen.

"Don't I?" Goblin sighs, May grabs the anti-collider and both serums from a stash, and puts it in a bag, "I saw how she trapped you. Fighting her holy moral mission" May returns to the living space, "We don't need you to save us. We don't need to be fixed!" He looks over to Max, "These are not curses. They're gifts."

Max looks down at his drainer. It's two bars away from ridding him of his power, "Norman, no" Octavius begs.

"Quiet, lapdog" Green goblin demands.

"You don't know what you're talking about" Peter scoffs.

"I watched you from deep behind Norman's cowardly eyes" Goblin tells the boy, "Struggling, to have everything you want, while the world tries to make you choose" The drainer has nearly completed its procedure, "Gods don't have to choose" Max looks at his device again, "We take."

"May, RUN" Peter yells. May turns around and runs as the score blasts into full battle mode. Max removes the drainer from his chest. Norman maliciously tears the webbing, freeing himself. Electro steps forward, fires a lightning and pulls the Arc Reactor to him through it, frying the Stark fabricator in the process, much to Otto and Peter's shock.

Osborn takes advantage, slamming Peter against the stairs. Flint takes the third option and turns into sand, flying out of the window. Electro's newly enhanced power causes a momentary blackout in the building, freezing the elevators which May is unable to use right now. Octavius looks at his companion with dread, "Oh, my God. What have you done?"

"I liked you better before" Max fires a stream of electricity towards Octavius, sending him flying through the apartment wall.

Otto starts to fall to his death while a section of ghastly strings plays in the background, but he's able to grab the side of the building with his mechanical tentacles, which are still intact due to their anti-magnetic properties.

"Up here!" Jameson yells pointing up to Octavius, "He's up there. It's the guy from the bridge."

Using his claws, Octavius scurries away along several nearby buildings. Meanwhile, May takes the fire escape, quickly descending to the groundfloor. Electro ignites, lightning and electricity exuding from every inch of his fiber.

Max and Sandman create a thunder-sandstorm, which traps the newly arrived policemen, reporters and Jameson inside. The side of the van rips open, preceded by two claw marks. The Lizard breaks through and runs away, confusing Jameson, "Did you see that?"

Max and Flint split in opposite directions, a cloud of sand and a deadly lightning tearing through the night sky of Long Island.

Meanwhile May continues her descent as Peter and Norman beat the shit out of each other. Peter is unable to gain the upper hand, being thrown through windscreens constantly. Even when he manages to lift the Goblin in the air and slam him down through a story to a lower one with his feet, his opponent quickly regains advantage, "Get off me!"

Goblin smashes Peter through another window. All is recorded by the Daily Bugle helicopter. The fight moves to a hallway. Peter enters it by being thrown by Norman and smashing a wall, while Osborn simply busts another wall and walks in like a boss, "Strong enough to have it all" Peter rises up, grabs a piece of the wall and hurls it at the Goblin, to no avail. The maniac grabs and holds him place, "TOO WEAK TO TAKE IT!" He hits Peter, knocking away a few meters.

Peter gets back up, leaps and performs a flying triangle choke on Green Goblin, pinning him to a nearby wall and hitting him repeatedly but the Goblin absolutely no-sells this, smiling more and more with each hit.

Peter freezes, unable to comprehend the creature he's trying to fight as Goblin cackles maniacally in his face. Peter hits him a few more times, but Norman simply unpins himself and performs a spinebuster sending Peter crashing through another floor. After looking down on his adversary lying in quiet pain, Osborn leaves.

Peter gets back up and starts hobbling, holding his ribs. He smashes a window with his webbing and goes outside, sticking to the side of the building to catch a break.

Realising he's being lit by the Daily Bugle helicopter, Peter looks down and sees a familiar face below, on the ground, "Now I've gotcha."

A completely confused and terrified Spider-Man is unable to anticipate an incoming assault. The Lizard springs out of nowhere, seizes him and throws into a lower hallway, shattering another glass pane, refuses to elaborate and leaves, "I TOLD YOU THERE'D BE CONSEQUENCES!"

Norman takes over the fight again. He tosses Peter against the hallway's ceiling and grabs him, performing yet another spinebuster with such force they both fall down, crashing through multiple stories.

May reaches the end of the fire escape and exits the building, making it to the front yard just as Peter and Norman arrive there, crashing next to the lobby's front door, carving a huge crater in the pavement. When the dust vanishes and the smoke clears, we see the Goblin leaning over a near-unconscious Peter, pieces of debris everywhere around them. Green Goblin places his hands on Peter's neck and squeezes, "Your weakness, Peter, is morality. It's choking you! Can you feel it?!"

May quickly runs towards Osborn and stabs him in the neck with the injector meant to cure him. After letting out a ghastly squawk, he rips it out and throws it to the ground, "It didn't work. Norman was right. He got it from you" he stomps on Peter's chest, "That pathetic sickness!" Osborn then pulls Peter up by his head, forcing him to look at his aunt as May grabs a pieces of rebar from the broken entrance ceiling, "You tried to fix me."

"May, go" Peter grunts, "May."

"Now, I'm gonna fix you" Goblin smirks. The Goblin's glider descends upon the lobby, positioning itself right behind May.

"May, run" Peter begs, "please." May swings the rebar and the Goblin Glider accelerates, flying through the front doors with a smash, and hits her, sending her to the ground, "May!"

The glider circles through the destroyed lobby and front yard, the Green Goblin jumps on its top, demonic organs only enhancing his demonic presence, "Peter, Peter, Peter. No good deed goes unpunished. You can thank me later." The Goblin spares a glance towards where May lies, nearly motionless, on the ground, without any signs of life.

Spider-Man realizes what's about to happen just as Osborn sets the timer on a Pumpkin Bomb grenade it towards Peter's fallen guardian, "No!"

Goblin takes off as Peter leaps towards the explosive and manages to barely deflect it before it detonates, knocking him away. Flying away, Norman throws another projectile towards the remaining cops. The bomb goes off and while nobody dies, it absolutely razes the front yard, pulverizes and sets the lobby on fire through a series of orange and green explosions. At the end, the broken entrance ceiling collapses to the ground in flames.

May and Peter slowly get back up on their feet, still recovering and coughing, "May?"

"Peter" May calls.

"May, I'm here" Peter says. May runs over and hugs him tightly, "I'm here. Are you okay?" May doesn't answer, "Are you okay?" May nods. May releases him, then stumbles over her own feet, "It's okay. We're okay, right?"

"Yeah" May nods, "Knocked off my head."

"Yeah, me too" Peter chuckles.

"That's all" May shrugs.

"I think I broke my ribs" Peter grunts. They stand together in the wreckage for a few moments, "This is all my fault, May."

"No" May urges.

"I should've just listened to Strange and let him send them back" Peter states.

"You did the right thing" May tells the boy, "They would have been killed. You did the right thing."

"It's not my responsibility, May" Peter sighs.

"Oh. What Norman said?" May scoffs, "My moral mission? No."

"No, May" Peter sighs, "you don't-"

"No" May interrupts, "No, Peter. Listen. You listen to me. You have a gift. You have power. And with great power, there must also come great responsibility."

"Yeah" Peter nods, "I know."

"Let's get the hell out of here" May smiles, "I just need to catch" She collapses to the ground.

A team of SWAT members arrives, ready to apprehend Peter. They secure the place, "What happened? Are you okay? Yeah, you're okay. What happened?"

May tries to smile with utmost effort, "Just help me to catch my breath."

"Okay. Well, catch your breath" Peter nods, "I'm right here. We're gonna take our time, you catch your breath, and and we'll take you to a doctor, okay?"

Peter takes his fingers off her shoulder and notices in fear they're covered in blood. He looks at her in tears, "Are you okay?"

"Somebody help!" Peter yells, "I need an ambulance! Please, somebody."

"What happened?" May asks, not understanding the boys panic.

"Nothing" Peter lies, "You're okay. You're okay."

"I'll just" May pants, "catch my breath."

"Okay. I'm right here" Peter nods, "I'm right here. I'm right here. We're okay. Just me and you." Mays eyes then shut and she stops breathing, "May? May? Will you look at me, May? Please? May? May? What are you doing, May? Please, will you just wake up and talk to me, please?"

Happy Hogan arrives in his car. He looks at Peter and May and he just knows. The SWAT members make him step out of the car and pin him to the bonnet. They start closing in on Spider-Man too, their weapons ready to fire, "Peter! Run!"

"I'm sorry" Peter cries, "I'm so sorry."

"RUN!" Happy yells.

The SWAT members shoot at Peter, forcing him to leave May in the destroyed front yard. As she finally rests in peace, she sheds one final tear.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

49.1K 1.8K 16
As Clint Barton's eldest daughter, you know the Avengers pretty well and even class them as family. But you're unsure with the two new recruits. Unce...
90.9K 2.6K 41
(Y/n) Lang always thought she was born for something more. Having divorced parents (one of them being a criminal), a sister, and a scholarship to mai...
130K 2.9K 15
Y/N Stark, the daughter of Tony Stark, and best friend of Peter Parker. What happens when she finds out that her best friend is Spiderman? Warning:...
20.3K 354 11
CJ first met Tony Stark when she was only 12, after breaking into his lab and stealing many of his weapons. A year later, after trying and failing to...