Falling, Peter Parker

By thiams_heart

"I believe you." Olivia Stark the daughter of Tony Stark finally gets trusted into helping her father out, bu... More

FALLING
ACT ONE: BETRAYED
Guilt
Signing over
Government property
Recruiting
Teamwork
Truth be told
Saved
ACT TWO: STARTING FRESH
Trouble
Doubts
Danger
Technology sucks
Selfish
Spidey spirit
Apologies
Homecoming
ACT THREE: LOVERS ACT
American Wizards
Space & Scotland
Stowaways
Titan
Stupidity
Take it
Cursed
Ashes
ACT FOUR: MORE TIME
Revenge
Starting over
Back in business
Back to the past
Double
Reminiscing
Success
Returned
Gone, Gone, Gone
ACT FIVE: FRIENDS
Failed plan
Jealousy
Chaos magic
Disaster follows us
Dont play with fire
She knows
Can't tell what's real and what's fake
Welcome to the Netherlands
Final play
Bonding
ACT SIX: IM LOSING IT
Exposed
Acceptance
Trapped
Befriending the enemy
Triple
Cures
Lady liberty
Demons
Variants
Forgotten
ACT SEVEN: BETWEEN UNIVERSES
Back in the game
The real enemy
Memory Lane
Old friends, New tricks
The other Avengers
Not just a little witch
The girl you were then

Multiverse

473 11 0
By thiams_heart

Peter manages to track the assistant vice chancellor on her way to the airport. She's at the Alexander Hamilton bridge. Peter arrives there, wearing his Iron Spider armor.

"Stark Network, unavailable. Facial recognition, unavailable."

Peter deactivates the armor, hiding it beneath his normal clothing. He starts scouring the bridge. He's startled by a dog barking in a car and waves at a child in another car.

Finally, he finds the right vehicle, walks up to it, and knocks on the windowshield, "Ma'am? Okay."

"Yeah?" The MIT administrator replies.

"Hi" Peter smiles, "I'm Peter Parker."

"You do know you're in the street, right?" The MIT Administrator asks the boy.

"Yeah, I know" Peter responds, "I'm sorry. I just, I really needed to talk to you, I know you're on your way to the airport. MJ Watson and Ned Leeds are the two smartest people I've ever met in my entire life, and I'm the dumbest person, because I let them help me, but if I didn't let them help me, then millions of people would've died, so please don't let MIT be dumb like me."

"MIT is dumb?" The woman questions.

"No!" Peter urges, "I'm saying don't let MIT be dumb. I mean, like the, the dumber version of me that wouldn't have let them help."

"You didn't rehearse that, did you, Peter?" The MIT Administrator asks.

"Basically, what I'm trying to" Peter turns his head. His Peter Tingle is triggered. Several people flee their car and run for their lives, away from the bridge. Peter looks around, "Why are you running? What-" A shockwave spreads beneath the cars, trapping some of them slightly buried. Peter climbs on top of the MIT administrator's car and activates his Iron Spider suit, "Oh, my God" he knocks on the roof, "Ma'am? You should get out of the car. Everybody get off the bridge!"

The MIT Administrator shakes the door handle, "We're locked. Doors" her drives starts running, "Hey!"

Mechanical claws break through the concrete, until one of them manifests itself on the runway. It loosens its grip, but other claws appear.

Out of the cloud of dust rises Dr. Otto Octavius smiling, "Hello, Peter."

"Hi?" Peter questions, confused, "Have we- Do I know you?"

"What have you done with my machine?" Otto asks.

"Your mach-" Peter stutters, "I don't know what you're talking about. What machine?"

"The power of the sun in the palm of my hand" Octavius tries to remind the boy, "It's gone."

"Listen, sir" Peter starts, "If you stop smashing cars, we could work together and I can help you find your machine."

"You wanna play games?" Octavius shrugs, One of the villain's tentacles pierces through the roof of one of the nearest cars. The people inside quickly flee, "Catch!"

The villain throws the cars towards Spider-Man, who avoids one and gets hit by the other. Looking through the front window of the car he's pressed against, he sees a frightened family inside. As they're flying over the bridge, Peter climbs over the car, grabs the bumper and shoots a web.

After pulling away the car door, he quickly carries the family members back up to the bridge as Doc Ock approaches, "It's okay. You guys are fine, you're safe. Get out of here."

Quickly, one of the mechanical appendages grabs the spider and wraps itself around Peter's torso, "You think your fancy new suit's gonna save you?"

Another claw clamps itself around Peters head, after Doc Ock flings Peter through a billboard and the front of an UPS van. Otto slowly lumbers over towards the damaged vehicle, "I should've killed your little girlfriend when I had the chance."

The four tentacles from the Iron Spider suit break through the top of the van, pulling Peter up. His masked eyes narrow, "What did you just say?"

Otto looks at one of his claws, "Looks like we got competition."

Peter jumps onto the street and uses his pincers to combat Octavius' arms. He manages to pin the mad scientist to a car, but is quickly intercepted by his tentacles and slammed into another vehicle's bonnet, creating a huge dent.

Then he deflects two potentially deadly blows, counters some more, and propels himself into the air when Doc Ock pulls two cars together to crush him. The two combatants move onto an overpass, with a helicopter following them from above.

Peter tries to web Otto who defends himself with the tentacles, then springs forward and backflip kicks Octavius in the chest, landing on the overpass in a true superhero fashion.

"Peter!" The MIT administrator yells, "Help!" Her car is about to fall down the hole in the road.

Peter tries to move away, but Otto traps him with his tentacles and tries to grind his head against the helicopter's rotor. Peter frees himself and descends onto the street, with Otto following him closely.

The villain drops a huge concrete tube on Peter, who evades it, then scurries away from Doc's claw which pierces a car's windshield instead, and slides down as Octavius sweeps the street with the same tube.

"Don't worry, ma'am! I'm coming!" Otto hits Peter with the tube into a car's door, causing him to slow down.

The administrator's car lowers even more, "Peter!" She fastens her seatbelt. Octavius flings a Nissan at Peter, who performs an expert backflip. The car hits some water canisters instead. Mid-air, Peter webs the car and slides down the road as it starts to fall, pinning himself to the highway's edges.

The car stops a few dozen meters above the train tracks. A train runs by. Peter shoots some more projectiles to secure the webline and swings down to check in on the woman, "Ma'am, just stay calm. Just take a deep breath. Are you okay?"

"No!" The MIT administrator responds.

Doc Ock appears on the bridge's downside and suddenly grabs Peter, hurling him in the air, "I've got it all under control."

Otto runs him through the road and pins him to the bridge's downside. A tentacle rips off a significant portion of the armor's nanites on the chest.

"Suit compromised."

The chestpiece dissolves into shapeless metal goo as Octavius covers his tentacles with it. Then the color comes back, "Nanotechnology. Ah, you've outdone yourself, Peter. I underestimated you" A spike shoots out of the tentacle next to Octavius, ready for the final blow, "But now, you die."

The claw flies over to Peter's throat. The remaining nanities quickly move from Peter's head to his chest to protect him.

The clamp grabs Peter by the neck and he gasps for breath, but when Doc Ock pulls the claw back, the spike is bent and a piece of Peter's tie dangles from it. Octavius seems confused. He pulls the helpless Spider-Man closer towards him and takes off his glasses, "You're not Peter Parker..."

"I am so confused right now" Peter exclaims.

Otto's arms seem to be feeling uneasy, "What's happening?"

"New device detected." Peter uses Bluetooth in his armor's interface to link the tentacles to his mind, "Pairing new device."

"Don't listen to him, you listen to me" Peter frees his hand and moves it up and down. One of the tentacles follows his movement. He waves at the Doctor then mentally grabs another tentacle and uses it to transport the hanging car back onto the bridge.

Octavius tries to swing at him, but is held in place by his tentacles. Peter chuckles, then orders the arms to get Ock back on the bridge, "Hey. Hey. Hey! Listen to me! No, not him. Me!"

As soon as they're all on the bridge, Peter rips off the car's door, hides the armor and checks on the administrator, "Ma'am, are you okay? Come on, you can still make your flight."

"Peter. You're a hero" she tells him.

"No" Peter dismisses, "Well, I'm- No, I'm-"

"I'm gonna talk to Admissions about your friends, and I'm gonna talk to them about you" she states.

"No, but, ma'am, this isn't about me" Peter urges.

"I'm going to talk to them about your friends, and you" she repeats, "Okay?"

"Really?" Peter questions.

"And if you keep your noses clean, maybe you'll have a fair shot" she adds, "Here. Get out of the way. Let me get that man. You. I see you. Come here! That was not okay. Unbelievable."

"Until you stop trying to kill me, I'm in control, buddy" Peter smiles, "Of this whole tentacle situation you got going on here. Okay? Now, who are you? What is going on" his Tingle tingles again.

Something tocks forward over the curb: a Bomb. It whirs and detonates, destroying several cars and causing fire and smoke to fly up. Out of reflex, the nanites cover Peter's face again with the Spider-Man mask.

Out of the smoke flies the Green Goblin. He's hovering on his Goblin Glider, cackling madly. Doc Ock frowns, "Osborn?"

The Goblin flies over towards Peter and Octavius. Just as he's about to skewer Spider-Man at the end of the Glider, a portal swoops in from the side, transporting Peter back to the dungeon at Bleecker Street. The mask and the suit dissipate. Peter looks around. He's seemingly around and wanders around for a bit, "Doctor."

A beastly roar surprises him. Curt Connors, the Lizard, growls from inside of what seems to be some kind of magical barrier. Peter jumps up again when he sees Doc Ock in another cell, trying to break out. A hand touches Peter's shoulder. He yelps and turns around, "Be careful what you wish for, Parker."

Occttvius slams his fists against the barrier, "Let me out of here!"

"Can you please explain to me what is going on?" Peter asks.

"That little spell that you botched where you wanted everyone to forget that Peter Parker is Spider-Man, it started pulling in everyone who knows Peter Parker is Spider-Man, from every universe" strange replies.

"From every universe?" Peter questions.

"Who are you?" Otto asks, "Where am I?"

"I think it's better if we don't engage with him" strange suggests, "because, frankly, the Multiverse is a concept about which we know frighteningly little."

"The multiverse is real?" Peter questions.

"Don't answer that" Olivia demands as she appears behind Peter, "bad things happen when buggie asks that question."

"This shouldn't even be possible" Strange states.

"But I thought you stopped the spell?" Peter asks.

"No, I contained it" strange corrects, "but it would appear that a few of them squeaked through. After you left, I detected an otherworldly presence. I pursued it into the sewers, where I found that" he points at the Lizard, "slimy, green son of a gun."

"Spell? Is it magic?" Otto asks, "What is this, a birthday party? Who is this clown? What is this madness?"

"Watch this" Strange whispers to the teenagers, he turns Octavius, "Do you know a Peter Parker who is Spider-Man?"

"Yes" Octavius responds.

Strange points at Peter, "Is that him?"

"No" Octavius answers.

"See? Okay, here's what we gotta do" Strange starts, "I don't know how many of these visitors we got-"

"I saw another one" Peter states, "On the bridge. He was like a, Like a flying green elf."

"Christmas has come early" Olivia scoffs.

"Why don't you start with him?" Strange suggests, "I need you to capture them and bring them here, while I figure out how to get them back before they destroy the fabric of reality, or worse, Wong finds out."

"Doctor Strange?" Peter calls.

"What?" Strange asks.

"My friends and I just got a second chance at getting into MIT" Peter states, "If the school sees me fighting these crazy monsters-"

"Hey, watch your mouth!" Otto interrupts.

"I can handle them" Olivia shrugs, "what they gonna do, take away my acceptance? I'll take away the money my father gave them."

"You're seriously still talking about college?" Strange asks.

Strange pulls the webshooter from Peter's arm and, with the use of his magic, upgrades it, "Hey, what did you just do?"

"This" Strange fires a string of web at Peter, who disappears upon impact and reappears into another cell.

"How did you do that?" Olivia asks turning to the sorcerer.

"Lots of birthday parties" Strange sarcastically replies to the girl, which causes her to roll her eyes.

"Hey!" Peter yells.

Strange pulls his hand forward and transports the web shooter back to Peter. It molds into a mini gauntlet, "Whoa."

"One shot, send it to me and move on" Strange orders, "You're welcome. Get to work. Olivia you lead them to Peter."

"Sir?" Peter calls.

Strange sighs and turns around, "Now what?"

"I know this is my mess" Peter starts, "and I swear to you that I'll fix it, but I'mma need some more help" Strange tilts his head.

Ned, MJ and Strange enter the Sanctum Sanctorum, "I can't believe I'm in the Sanctum Sanctorum."

"Neither can I" Strange shrugs.

"How did you know you're made of magic?" Ned asks the man, "Because my nanna says that we have it in and sometimes I get these tinglings in my hand-"

"You should talk to your physician" Strange interrupts.

"Peter! Olivia!" Mj calls seeing the two.

"Hey" Peter smiles, "I'm so sorry for dragging you in this, you just gotta help me find these guys."

"You don't have to apologise" Mj tells him, "You got us a second shot at MIT."

"So, how did the bad guys get here?" Ned asks.

"He screwed up a spell trying to get you into college" Strange answers.

"Wait, what?" Ned and Mj both question.

"Technically you fucked up the spell Stephen" Olivia shrugs as she pulls her suit from her bag, "you waved your magic wand. You know cause you're Harry Potter."

"Parker changed the spell six times" Strange exclaims, "so it wasn't me who screwed it up Stark, it was your boyfriend."

"I thought it was a magic laser?" Mj questions, "You did it with magic?"

"No, that was after" Peter replies, "Let's just focus on the good news, okay?"

"No, let's just focus on the bad news" Strange states, "As of now, you have detected zero multiversal trespassers, so get on your phones, scour the internet, and Scooby-Doo this shit!"

"You're telling us what to do, even though it was your spell that got screwed up" Mj reminds him, "Meaning that all of this is your mess" Strange looks at her, seriously offended, "You know, I know a couple of magic words myself, starting with the word please."

"Please Scooby-Doo this shit" Strange scoffs, "You can work in the undercroft."

"The undercroft?" Ned questions.

They all stand in a dark, damp and overall dodgy-looking basement, "badass" Ned starts exploring the room immediately and lifts up an old crossbow.

"Guys, listen. About this whole spell thing" Peter starts.

"It's totally okay" Mj shrugs.

"Wait, really?" Peter questions.

"Yeah" Mj shrugs, "I mean, I get it. You were just trying to fix things. And so, Maybe just run it by us next time, you know? That way, when you're thinking, Hey, I'm about to do something that could break the universe, we could like, help you. Workshop something, or brainstorm ideas."

"Deal" Peter smiles, "Ned?"

"Oh, dude. I don't care" Ned replies, "And seriously, not a big deal. Oooh" He notices a pilates machine in the corner, "A torture rack."

"That is a pilates machine" Olivia tells the boy, "That is" She points to the dungeon in front of her.

"The crypt" Peter states, They walk up to the villains' cells.

"Okay, so we get the rest of the guys" Mj plans, "Olivia leads them to you, You zap them, Doctor Magic will send them back. And when we get into MIT, round of stale donuts, my treat."

Ned joins them, armed with the crossbow, "Let's catch some multiverse men."

"Hey!" Octavius calls, "Who the hell are these two?"

"These are our friends" Peter responds, "This is MJ and this is Ned."

"Hello" Ned smiles while waving.

"I'm sorry, what was your name again?" Olivia asks the man with tentacles.

"Dr. Otto Octavius" Octavius answers proudly.

The four of them chuckle at the absurdity of the villain's name, "Wait, no seriously, what's your actual name?"

Ned points at Curt Connors, "Oh, is that a dinosaur?" The Lizard just glances at him, looking very miserable.

Otto tries to break free from his arm restraint, Peter prepares to clean his suit up and Ned sets up his equipment. Olivia sits in the corner with her computer on her lap looking through files, MJ does some other stuff, including studying Stephen's goatee template. The Lizard throws a stone in his cell, wallowing in his sadness.

Peter scrubs his suit with foam thoroughly, desperately trying to coax the green paint out, while also having a conversation with aunt May on the phone, "If it won't come off, bring it to the shelter and I'll get it out."

"No, no, no, May" Peter responds, "We gotta find these guys first."

"Well, finish your mission, then come by" May suggests. Peter realizes he can't wash the paint away. He turns the suit inside out.

"I got one" Ned announces, "I got one, I got one."

"Oh, May? I gotta go" Peter says.

"Okay. Love you. Bye" May says.

Olivia, Peter and MJ gather around Ned's desktop. He shows them the result of his research on his laptop, "I mean, you can take the guy out of the chair, but you can't take the chair out of the guy."

"What did you find?" Olivia asks.

"There's a disturbance near a military research facility outside of the city" Ned states, "and witnesses say they saw a monster flying through the air."

"That's gotta be the guy I saw on the bridge, right?" Peter shrugs.

"That's impossible" Octavius buts in.

"You know him, don't you?" Peter realises, "On the bridge, you said his name."

"Norman Osborn" Octavius repeats the name, "Brilliant scientist. Military researcher. But he was greedy. Misguided."

"What happened to him?" Olivia asks.

"WE TIRED OF YOUR QUESTIONS" Octavius yells.

"Okay we gotta go" Peter states, looking at Olivia, "Where are we going?"

"It can't be him" Octavius says.

"Why?" Olivia asks.

"Because Norman Osborn died years ago" Octavius states, "So either we saw someone else, or you're flying out into the darkness, to fight a ghost."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.4K 367 15
metanoia; (n.) the journey of changing one's mind, heart, self, or way of life "I love you, 3000, Daddy." Tony Stark had lived his best life, his en...
607K 15.6K 33
Y/N gets recruited by Captain America's team in Civil War. After a freak accident, she is given the abIlity to manipulate energy to work against forc...
47.7K 1.3K 30
◇ 𝚂𝚎𝚝 𝚍𝚞𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙸𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚖𝚊𝚗 𝟹 ◇ ❝ 𝐈 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐰𝐚𝐬...𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐥 𝐢 𝐦𝐞𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮...
78.4K 3.6K 49
❝I don't know anything about where I come from and that could make me dangerous, but I haven't let that affect me and because of that, I'm now doing...