Jade

By gloomyblueberry

Izuku Midoriya had had enough of the world's obvious bias against him. He didn't care anymore, he would chang... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
not a chapter.
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Filler
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
Part 61
Part 62
Part 63
Part 64
Part 65
Part 66
Part 67
Part 68

Part 53

2.1K 82 88
By gloomyblueberry

Again, I'm bad at sticking to my hiatus and I need affirmation to live because I'm pathetic like that so here, enjoy, sorry for being terrible, I'll work on it.

----------------------------------------------------------

"You're supposed to start with the fries, dad."
-----------------------------------------------------------

"I'll be back in three weeks." Izuku said and placed the last of the macarons on the wire rack.

"Well, I'll miss you." Miya said and kissed his cheek before pulling him into a hug. "I'll miss you too." Izuku agreed and nuzzled his face into the crook of her neck, taking in her comforting scent.

"How long do we have?!" Izuku loudly asked his dad who was alone in a booth drinking his coffee with a club sandwich.

"10 minutes kid" he said and went back to his breakfast.

Izuku frowned and took one of the white cookies into his mouth, eating hurriedly cus it was still hot.

Miya smiled fondly at Izuku and ruffled his unruly hair. "Careful with that, lord knows you're reckless enough as it is," she looked at her watch. "Wouldn't want to add a burnt tongue to your list of injuries now, would you."

Izuku's eyes twitched, He'd gone into the storage room a while ago because he had fallen down when he tripped on a mop. He fell on his left side so he wanted to check on his stitches.

He didn't close the door completely and Miya walked in to see him putting the bandage back on. He managed to convince her not to tell Aizawa but that was after a long talk about how stupid he was.

"Yeah HAHA- Miya!" He jabbed her playfully in her tummy.

"Oh hush you, I'm keeping your secret instead of telling your father -which I should be doing." Izuku cringed and scratched at his neck.

"if I find out you got hurt again then I won't hesitate to tell Aizawa-san or that old lady who hits you with a stick.

Izuku sighed "I'll be careful, I promise" he said and smiled.

"Damn right you will" she pulled him close and trapped his head in her arm so she could ground her knuckles into it.

Izuku pushed her away gently, giving her a dirty look as he attempted to settle his messy hair. He glared at her and popped another cookie in his mouth.

"STOP EATING MY FOOD!"

"I MADE IT!"

"YEAH, FOR ME-"

"Sorry to interrupt this obviously civil conversation but times up, let's go." Aizawa said and put money on the counter.

"Keep your money Aizawa-san, it's on the house." Miya said and slid the money back towards him but he shook his head with a smile.

"Not this time Miya, that's just coming out of poor Akira's paycheque"

"Thanks Aizawa-san" a new voice called out, their heads whipped to the now open back door where Izuku's replacement stood.

"Hi Mizoushi-kun." Izuku said and waved at the boy. "Hi! Miya-San told me you were going on a trip (-on our favorite rocket ship. I'm not sorry-) today."

"I am, yeah. I'll see you in about three weeks then!" Izuku gave Mizoushi a pat on his arm and walked towards Miya.

"Bye bye" his eyes crinkled because of his grin. Miya returned the same ten fold and pulled him into a hug, wrapping her arms around his neck so she didn't touch his hip.

"I love you" she kissed him all over his face with small giggles slipping through Izuku's lips.

"I love you too" he said and kissed her cheek.

Izuku gave her one last hug and left through the front door, following his father to their black sedan with a smile on his face.

"Music?" Aizawa offered because UA was a good 20 minutes away, that's like six songs atleast.

Izuku nodded and turned the radio on, Black Magic Woman by Fleetwood Mac came on and they traveled without conversation for a while until the radio host spoke.

"Is there a new vigilante in Musutafu? Over 30 criminals arrested on Saturday with no actual hero or witness. None of the perpetrators have a clear description and if they do, they aren't in the sharing mood."

Izuku's hold on his knees tightened as she continued.

"Seems like Jade's m.o. doesn't it, Kimimura?"

"It does sound like his style but he's taking a break or something right? I don't know Shizu but I don't feel too safe knowing Jade isn't there to help anymore. He saved my wife and kids once, great fella, polite about it too. He made sure they were okay and treated this little scratch on my daughter's knee, she showed me the hello kitty bandaid that night with the biggest smile on her face."

"Hello kitty?" Aizawa asked with a smile, eyes still on the road.

"I have a bunch of different ones for kids if they get hurt, it distracts them." Izuku replied.

"That's really smart actually."

"Thanks."

"Can you believe he's only 16 though? Let me tell you Shizu, when I was 16 I could barely walk down a hallway without tripping over my own feet,"

"It's crazy but don't you think it's a bad message for children? Not everyone can be Jade, what if some child thinks they have what it takes and gets into a fight they can't win. Jade or Izuku Aizawa as known now was being kinda reckless-"

"That's enough of that." Aizawa promptly switched to another channel.

It didn't really bother Izuku tho, people talking about him like that. Let's be honest, he's been a vigilante for years now and it isn't the first time someone's spoken about him. Everyone's allowed an opinion, it isn't wrong to have your own perspective, besides, Izuku didn't become a vigilante to be a goddamn role model.

"Are we getting on the bus to wherever, immediately or are we gonna wait for a bit?" Izuku turned off the air conditioning and lowered his window because they were driving by the beach and he loved feeling of the salty air.

"We're getting on the bus as soon as we reach, we both know that Kaminari's gonna be late." Izuku smiled at the remark but his plans to meet RG before leaving were foiled.

"Are you okay?"

Izuku shifts his gaze from the glistening water to his father, not knowing what prompted the sudden question.

"Why?"

"You just seem..tired I guess, meeting Miya again definitely had a positive effect so I'm glad we did that." he takes his hand off the gear stick -he does that out of habit eventhough this car is automatic- and ruffles Izuku's hair. "I just want you to be safe and happy, Izuku. You're my kid and I want what's best for my kid."

Izuku smiles. "Thanks dad. I'm fine, don't worry about me." He assures Aizawa.

"You make it really hard to do that kiddo."

Izuku is pushed forward from his seat as the car comes to a stop and the sound of the handbrake is heard.

"Head to the the bus" Aizawa points at the vehicle through Izuku's window. He wordlessly steps out of the car and walks to the boot, pulling it open after Aizawa unlocks it from inside the car. He grabs his duffel bag and walks to the bus, climbing in to see Iida already seated.

"Morning." Izuku greets and settles on the window seat of the third last row.

"Good morning." Iida replied shortly and took back to reading the book in his hands.

With nothing better to do Izuku shrugged and called out to him "what'cha reading?"

"Just a book about Hero laws. It's always better to prepare, who knows, they might quiz us at camp or even worse, on the way there."

So it was a textbook, not a book.

No judgement though, to each his own.

But who was Izuku to judge really, he was lucky to know the laws as well as he did because of how much research he did to not be arrested, atleast it came in handy during class.

"Right, enjoy I suppose" he said and dug into his duffel to find a grape jelly pouch, as he twisted the plastic cap off and pulled in the artificially colored contents Katsuki walked in, taking a the second last seat on the other row.

"Why do you look so pale?" The blonde questioned as soon as his eyes met his green ones. Izuku had no idea how Katsuki knew but honestly speaking, he wasn't very surprised, Katsuki was extremely observant.

"You can't get mad."

"Pretty sure I can but tell me anyway." He said and caught the jelly pouch that Izuku threw at him, lychee.

"Ikindavigilante-edagainonsaturday..."

"In a language I know, if you would." Katsuki shot back with a stern look in his eyes.

"I kinda vigilante-ed again, on saturday."

Katsuki frowned. "You mean you're the one they're talking about on the news and stuff, you said you wouldn't do that again, come on Izuku" he berated him.

"I know but I was dying at home Kachan, quite literally, dad would freak out if I even went in the backyard." Izuku tried to justify. "And did you hear how many I caught, it was a good thing to do and I don't regret it."

"Did you get hurt?"

Silence.

"I can't believe you. How and where, if you don't tell me then I'm pretty fucking sure sensei will be convincing enough." Katsuki said and got closer.

"Just on my hip, 4 stitches." The blonde nodded.

"Now tell me how." It wasn't a request, that was for sure.

"This dude had a swiss army knife-"

"So you got stabbed?" Katsuki interrupted.

"Not quite, he didn't use the knife part, he thought the corkscrew would be a better tool." Izuku looked down at his fidgeting hands, twisting the silver ring on his middle finger that had the words 'Make Haste' engraved on it, he found it in his drawer this morning and just took it.

"Fucking hell, come on man." Katsuki swore and hit the fake leather of the seat in front of him.

"I don't regret it, I'd do it again if I was given the choice." Izuku admitted with determined eyes

"Of course you would, you never think of yourself." The blonde glared.

"You're really selfish, you know that Izuku? I know I just said you don't care about yourself but I mean it in the worst way possible. Have you even thought about the fact that others do, that others are worried, that others don't want you to die in a fucking alley?" He snarled

"so what if you helped people that day, good job or whatever but you know you didn't sneak out because you wanted to help."

"You did it because you think you're useless if you don't."

"You did it because you like hearing them talk about you."

"You did it for your own validation."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

157K 4K 36
"what's wrong Kacchan? Are you surprised? We both knew this was gonna happen." "What the hell deku?! THAT WAS YOUR MOTHER?!?!" "She was in the way of...
694K 21.9K 66
DONT READ IF YOU DONT WANT SPOILERS. EVERYTHING IS SPOILER IN HERE. READ AT YOUR OWN WILL. ALSO ITS FANFICTION. All for one breaks out He destroys e...
203K 4.9K 11
Izuku Midoriya (deku) has wanted to be a hero his entire life but was told he can't do it even by the number one hero. He was born with a mutant/tran...
22.3K 444 20
A Dragon Ball Z fanfiction. When Goku left for a second time, he left Gohan behind once again, without sorting out their problems. What happens when...