Falling, Peter Parker

By thiams_heart

"I believe you." Olivia Stark the daughter of Tony Stark finally gets trusted into helping her father out, bu... More

FALLING
ACT ONE: BETRAYED
Guilt
Signing over
Government property
Recruiting
Teamwork
Truth be told
Saved
ACT TWO: STARTING FRESH
Trouble
Doubts
Danger
Technology sucks
Selfish
Spidey spirit
Apologies
Homecoming
ACT THREE: LOVERS ACT
American Wizards
Space & Scotland
Stowaways
Titan
Stupidity
Take it
Cursed
Ashes
ACT FOUR: MORE TIME
Revenge
Starting over
Back in business
Back to the past
Double
Reminiscing
Success
Returned
Gone, Gone, Gone
ACT FIVE: FRIENDS
Failed plan
Jealousy
Chaos magic
Disaster follows us
She knows
Can't tell what's real and what's fake
Welcome to the Netherlands
Final play
Bonding
ACT SIX: IM LOSING IT
Exposed
Acceptance
Multiverse
Trapped
Befriending the enemy
Triple
Cures
Lady liberty
Demons
Variants
Forgotten
ACT SEVEN: BETWEEN UNIVERSES
Back in the game
The real enemy
Memory Lane
Old friends, New tricks
The other Avengers
Not just a little witch
The girl you were then

Dont play with fire

218 7 0
By thiams_heart

Peter is in his new all black suit hangs of a clock tower, "All right. I'm in position. As soon as I see something, Beck, I'll I'll let you know."

"Roger that. How's the suit?" Fury asks.

"The suit's great" peter replies, "It's awesome. It's a little tight around the old web-shooter."

"Parker!" Fury says.

"Okay, I'll shut up" peter sighs.

"Oh, my God, babe, isn't this beautiful?" Betty smiles as her a bed Ned walk through the carnival.

"Yeah, it's real beautiful, babe" Ned says nervously obviously wanting to be back in the opera hall.

"What's wrong?" Betty asks.

"You know, honestly, I just I don't do well with big crowds" Ned lies, "so maybe we should-"

"I have the perfect thing" betty interrupts, grabbing his hand and starting to pull away, "Come on." Mj is close behind them looking for peter.

"Don't worry, babe" Betty tells Ned as the ride the Ferris wheel, "We'll get away from the crowds, get some fresh air. You'll feel a thousand times better."

Smoke starts to come from a statue, "Energy spiking" Fury states.

"We have seismic activity" Hill adds.

Lava starts to crack through the stone and consumes the stone, "Okay, he's here!" Peter exclaims, "Beck, you ready?"

All the people scream while running away, the statue exposes and a fire monster emerges, "Mj" Olivia calls as she shoots a beam and pulls her towards her.

"Thanks" Mj pants.

"Run" Olivia orders.

"What are you going to do?" Mj asks.

"I don't know" Olivia shrugs, "but I'll figure it out."

"You know what to do" peter says.

"On your lead, Spider-Man" beck says. The fire smashes up cars and everything in its path.

"No, come back!" Betty yells, "Come back and help us!"

Mysterio lands in front of the monster, he shoots a green blast at it, "You're up, kid."

Peter swings over with a explosive over the monster and jumps off before it explodes and lands on a wall, he webs a fire hydrant and pulls it out of the ground, water fires up at the monster causing a colloid of smoke. "Wait, wait. Is that?" Betty questions, "Do you think that's Spider-Man?"

"No, no, no. It's a European rip-off version of him" Ned lies, "I actually read about him. It's not him."

The fire monster hits peter but Peter flips away and lands on the still spinning carousel, the fire blasts him causing him to fly over to the Ferris wheel, "No, Beck! He's got the carousel! He's getting bigger!"

"What's his name?" Betty asks, "What's his name?"

"It's Night- Night Monkey" Ned hesitates.

"Night Monkey?" Betty questions.

"Yeah" Ned shrugs.

"Night Monkey!" Betty calls, "Night Monkey. Night Monkey, help! Save us! Night Monkey, we're stuck!"

Peter looks up at the Ferris wheel and sees Ned and Betty, "Oh, no, no."

"Help us! Help!" Betty yells.

Peter shoots webs at the fire but they just burn, mysterio lands behind peter and surrounds the two in a force field, "Are you okay?"

The fire hits the force field repeatedly, "On to Plan B?"

"We gotta hit him with something he can't absorb!" Peter states.

"I go left, you go right!" Beck orders, he breaks the force field, "Now!"

Beck flies up but peter runs and the fire goes after him, peter lifts himself up on the side of a building and climbs up it before swinging back and throwing a rock into the fire. "Okay, shoot him!"

Beck flies at him and shoots, "That hurt him. Keep it coming."

Peter throws more rocks at it, but Beck gets hit away, "Spider-Man, keep your distance" Beck orders.

"I'm trying!" Peter exclaims.

"Can't let him get near the Ferris wheel" Beck states.

"Okay. I'm on it!" Peter says. Peter then gets smashed into a wall.

Olivia presses her watch and her suit covers her, she jumps of the top of the building she was watching over and lands doing the superhero pose, peter cheers seeing the girl in her black suit, "yes liv!"

The fire immediately goes after her, "fuck!" She jumps over buildings, "what's the plan?" She stands on a roof and turns herself invisible, she jumps from the roof and tries to get behind the monster but it blasts her, she makes herself visible as she slams into a building.

The fire punches down into the ground and lava travels over to the Ferris wheel, Betty and Ned scream, the fire goes after them but mysterio flies in front and shoots.

Peter swings onto the side of the Ferris wheel to get to Ned and Betty, Beck blasts at the fire and it looks like he's winning, "That's it! Nice! Nice! You got him!"

"No, no, no" Beck repeats, the fire roars.

"What's going on?" Olivia asks landing a distance away from the fire noticing Fury and Maria pulling up aswell.

"It's too late" Maria realises.

"Whatever happens I'm glad we met" mysterio says turning to Peter.

"Beck, what are you doing?" Peter asks.

"What I should have done last time" Beck replies, green energy surrounds him.

"Beck, don't do it!" Olivia yells, Beck flies at the fire creating a hole in it, "Beck!"

The fire turns green and turns to ash, peter and Olivia see Beck on the floor in the centre of  it all, the two make their way over to him, "Mr. Beck?" He opens his eyes and looks at the two, "Oh, thank God."

Peter helps Beck off the ground, "I would kiss you, but I think I threw up in my mouth a little" Betty tells Ned

"I might have a mint" Ned tells her.

"So it's over?" Maria asks.

"That was the last of them" Beck states.

"But not the last threat we'll ever face" Fury reminds them, "We need to stay vigilant. There's a void in this world for someone like you. Hill and I are going to Europe headquarters in Berlin tomorrow. You should join us."

"Thank you. I just might take you up on that" Beck tells him.

Fury turns to the two teenagers who are stood side by side, "both of you have got gifts but neither of you wanted to be here."

"Mr. Fury, I-" Peter starts.

"I'd love to have both of you in Berlin too" Fury states, he turns to peter, "But you got to decide whether you're going to step up or not. Stark chose you. He made you an Avenger. I need that. The world needs that. Maybe Stark was wrong. Was he? The choice is yours. Olivia I'd like to speak to you alone."

Fury pulls up outside one of his facilities, "I know what your about to say-" Olivia sighs as she gets out of the car.

"Why'd you do it?" Fury asks as he slams the door, "why'd you come and help?"

"I was already there and if my friends didn't see me helping out they'd think I was a pussy" Olivia shrugs, "I guess I just need to be doing this. Saving people, carrying on the family business."

"So you need to be killing yourself?" Fury questions, "and I don't mean it like that. I know what is going on with you."

"I think if I stop I'll drive myself insane" Olivia replies, "and how do you know about that?"

"You aren't using your full power" Hill states walking over to the two, "and you can tell that when you fight."

"I can't use my full power" Olivia pleads, "I don't even know what my full power is! I pass out when I get too close."

"Because you don't know what you're doing" Fury tells her, "your father wanted me to do some research on what happened to you and tell you when you were ready. I think you're ready to hear it. You were kidnapped by hydra, they did this to you. And what you're doing now this is the tip of it."

"How do you know this?" Olivia asks.

"I hacked into hydras databases when they were brought down" Fury answers, "there was multiple files on you, there was one where in the future if we didn't take them down they would've took you and turned you into something too powerful for us to stop."

"So what you're trying to tell me is that if I use my full power I won't be able to be stopped and will be a monster" Olivia realises.

"And you're mother was a hydra agent" Hill adds, "at the time when you were conceived, your father wasn't aware of this, we weren't aware until we found files on you and your mothers name was written there with a file connected. Isabella Hudson."

"So my own mother did this to me?" Olivia questions with disbelief.

"And we don't know if you're mother was killed or not" Fury tells her, "there's no report of her death but there's no traces of her since 2015."

"Which means she could be alive" Olivia realises, "and let me guess, after seeing me on the news and hearing about my fathers death all those months ago she's planning to come get me."

"That could be true" Fury agrees with the girl, "but the only catch is, we wouldn't know when or where she would strike."

"I've got a plan" Olivia shrugs, "I get a reporter here and live stream to the woman telling her to bring it on."

"That isn't the best idea" Hill states, "she could attack Pepper or Morgan and set you up into a trap."

"She could attack them no matter what I do" Olivia argues, "even if I don't threaten her she could still attack them! And I would still get caught in a trap!"

"If you come with us to Berlin I think with the information we have we'll be able to help" Fury promises, "we could find her."

"You've known about her for years why didn't you find her" Olivia yells, "why do you need me?!"

"This is your fight Stark" Hill tells her, "this woman will be after you. Not us."

"Fine I'll come" Olivia sighs, "I'll call happy and tell him to tell the school that I'll be staying with relatives."

"Let's get a drink" Mysterio tells Peter.

"I'm not 21" Peter states.

Peter and beck sit at a bar, Peter just drinking his soda, "Hey. You gotta celebrate" beck states, "We did something good tonight."

"Yeah" Peter sighs.

"Fury was right" Beck says.

"Tony did a lot for me so I owe it to him, to everybody" Peter tells him.

"Do you?" Beck questions.

"Yeah" Peter sighs, "I mean Mr. Stark gave me the chance to be more. He wanted me to be better than him. And Fury wants me to live up to that."

"What do you want Peter?" Beck asks.

"What do you mean?" Peter questions.

"What do you want?" Beck repeats his question.

"I don't know" Peter shrugs.

"What do you want?" Beck asks, "Peter Parker. Now. I know you're thinking about it."

"I wanna go on my trip" Peter answers, "I want to go back on my trip with my friends. And go to the top of the Eiffel Tower with the girl who I really like and tell her how I feel and give her a kiss" beck laughs at the boy, "Shut up, man."

"You're not gonna do that, are you?" Beck questions.

"No, I can't" Peter responds.

"Why not?" Beck asks.

"Because I have too much of a responsibility" Peter replies.

A woman picks up the glasses off peters glasses off ground and passes them to him, "My God. Thank you so much."

"What are those?" Beck asks. "Are those the-"

"EDITH glasses, yeah" Peter interrupts.

"They were just on the floor?" Beck says, "Try them on. Let's see how they look on you" Peter puts on the glasses.

"I actually really like them" Peter tells him.

"Can I be completely honest with you?" Beck asks, Peter nods, "They look really stupid. But maybe they have a contact-lens version."

"You try them on" Peter orders.

"No, come on" beck chuckles.

"Try them on" Peter orders.

"I don't wanna try them on" beck responds.

"Just put them on" Peter begs.

Beck takes the glasses off him and puts them on, "What do you think, kid?"

Peter looks at him in realisation, "Next Tony Stark, I trust you" Peter mutters, "For the next Tony Stark, I trust you."

"What?" Beck questions.

"Stark left me a message with those glasses" peter states, "For the next Tony Stark, I trust you."

"I'm still not following" beck says, "How many lemonades have you had?"

"He knew every mistake I ever made" peter states, "He must've known I wasn't ready for something like this."

"Why would he give it to you?" Beck asks, "why not his daughter?"

"Maybe he didn't trust me to have EDITH, he just trusted me to pick who should" peter guesses, It makes much more sense. He knew I'd do what's right. And he's not gonna give them to Fury or Olivi because they would give themselves EDITH."

"You're probably right" beck shrugs.

"Right, so the world needs the next Iron Man" peter states, "And it's not me. I'm a 16-year-old kid from Queens. It needs to be an adult with some experience and that's good like Tony Stark, like you."

"No. Peter, come on" beck sighs taking off the glasses, "No."

Peter puts on the glasses, "EDITH?"

"Hello, Peter."

"Hi" peter says, "Yeah I'd like to transfer your control over to Quentin Beck."

"Peter, what are you doing?" Beck asks.

"Doing the right thing"'peter responds.

"Any transfer will require confirmation."

"Stark gave you the glasses" beck reminds him.

"Stark gave me a choice" peter corrects, "It's my choice to make, okay? And I'm gonna make it. You're a soldier, a leader. You stopped the Elementals. You saved my life. You saved the world, okay? He'd want you to have them."

"Waiting for confirmation."

"Confirm" peter says, he takes off the glasses and passes them to beck, "Welcome to the Avengers" beck takes the glasses from him and puts them on, "They look good on you."

"Thank you" beck smiles, they both shake hands, "It's an honor."

"Mr. Stark would've really liked you" peter says standing up.

"Where you heading?" Beck asks.

"I'm gonna go find Mj" peter replies.

"Good luck, kid" beck smiles, "I'll give you a fifty-fifty chance. You're pretty awkward."

"See you later, man" peter says.

"See you" beck smiles.

The illusion of the bar fades away, "See? That wasn't so hard" All the remaining people in the bar cheer, "Somebody get this stupid costume off me!Okay, we got EDITH. Get these connected to our system" he passes the glasses to a man.

"Toast! Toast! Toast!" The crowd cheers.

"No, this is a big win, but we still got a lot of work to do" beck says, he steps into a table, "Okay, toasts! To the man who brought us all together, our former boss, Tony Stark" the crowd boo, "The jester king. Literally wrapped in wealth and technology that he was unfit to wield. Like the holographic system I designed. A revolutionary breakthrough with limitless applications that Tony turned into a self-therapy machine and renamed BARF. He renamed my life's work BARF. I told him it was a mistake, that my technology could change the world. And then he fired me. Said I was unstable. To Tony."

"To Tony!"

"Next, to William" beck says, "The integration of my illusion tech with your weaponized drones was brilliant. Powerful illusions, real damage, worked like a charm. And it's just the beginning."

"Thank you, brother" Williams says.

"To Guterman" beck continues.

"Guterman!"

"The story you created of a soldier from another Earth named Quentin fighting space monsters in Europe is totally ridiculous and apparently the kind of thing people will believe right now" beck cheers, "I mean, everybody bought it. To Victoria."

"To Victoria!"

"Staging electromagnetic pulses at each attack site so Fury's own satellites would confirm our lies" beck says, "Inspired idea. To Janice."

"Janice!"

"After Tony died, she was the one who discovered that EDITH was being handed over not to us, not to the Defense Department, but to a child" beck scoffs, "And to the rest of you, Tony Stark is gone. There is a window of opportunity, and someone will step up. But these days, you can be the smartest guy in the room, the most qualified, and no one cares. Unless you're flying around with a cape or shooting lasers from your hands, no one will even listen. Well, I've got a cape and lasers. With our technology and with EDITH, Mysterio will be the greatest hero on Earth! Then everyone will listen! Not to a boozy man-child. Not to a hormonal teenager. Not to a teenager who can't control her own powers. To me and to my very wealthy crew. To us. To Mysterio! To Peter Parker! To Olivia Stark! Poor kids. Let's get to work."

Peter sees Olivia walking out of the hotel with her bags, "liv!" She turns around and faces the boy, "where are you going?"

"Berlin" Olivia replies.

"I thought you wanted to get away from fury" Peter says.

"He can help me" Olivia tells Peter, "with my powers, he knows how to help. He has the answers."

"What have you told the teachers?" Peter asks.

"I got happy to call up and say I had to leave for business" Olivia states, "there's one more thing."

"Which is?" Peter questions, Olivia looks down thinking about what to say, "Liv what's going on?"

"It's about my mother" Olivia sighs making eye contact with the boy.

Peters expression changes from a worried to confused one, "I thought your mother was dead?"

Olivia shifts her weight onto her other foot and hesitantly rubs the top of her head, "she isn't dead like I believed. Turns out she was a hydra agent and-"

"Wait your mother did that to you?" Peter interrupts, "she played a part in what happened?"

"Obviously she volunteered me as a test subject" Olivia chuckles, "mother of the year, am I right?" Olivia's smile fades away as she continues to tell Peter about her mother, "Fury thinks she's going to come after me, so I'm going to find her first."

"What are you going to do when you find her?" Peter asks, Olivia shrugs, "Olivia give me a actual answer, what are you going to do to your mother when you find her?"

"Depends on her motives" Olivia answers, "if she tries to kill me, I'll kill her and trust me her death will not be painless. You know I do things better in the moment, Peter. I don't plan things."

"You'd seriously kill your own mother" Peter scoffs, "I thought you'd be waiting for her after losing your father."

"Well you're far from right, Bug" Olivia shrugs, "that woman left me. I didn't give a fuck about that cause I've never met the bitch but she has decided to turn it into something."

"You can't leave" Peter sighs, "I need you Liv."

"You don't need me" Olivia smiles, "you never needed me Peter, I was always your sidekick."

"No no no" Peter begs, "we can figure this out. I can help you."

"You can't Peter" Olivia sighs, ""I need a break Peter. I've known Fury for ages that's why I'm going with him and mysterio. I'll see you around" Peter pulls her into a hug but she doesn't hug back, Olivia pulls away and goes over to her car, "Keep in touch spider."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90.9K 2.6K 41
(Y/n) Lang always thought she was born for something more. Having divorced parents (one of them being a criminal), a sister, and a scholarship to mai...
100K 2K 33
ยฐ ๐š‚๐šŽ๐š ๐š๐šž๐š›๐š’๐š—๐š ๐™ฒ๐š’๐šŸ๐š’๐š• ๐š ๐šŠ๐š› ยฐ โ ๐…๐š๐ฆ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ง๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐ฅ๐ž๐š๐ฏ๐ž ๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ข๐ซ ๐จ๐ฐ๐ง ๐›๐ž๐ก๐ข๐ง๐...๐จ๐ซ ๐ฌ๐จ ๐ข ๐ญ๐ก๐จ๐ฎ๐ ๐ก...
14.4K 306 40
atelphobia; (n.) the fear of not being good enough. "Why are you here? Don't know if I hadn't already made it clear -- but I don't wanna be around y...