The Bond (Completed)

由 MarkyGalagate

Set immediately after the events of The Deathly Hallows. After the war, Harry and Hermione find themselves in... 更多

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25

Chapter 15

806 28 1
由 MarkyGalagate

"Are you pregnant?"

The word swirled around Hermione's head. Are you pregnant? She felt her eyes water and she pressed her hands against her mouth, shaking her head.

"I don't know for certain."

"What's making you think that you are?" she asked, sitting on the coffee table.

"I'm late. When Harry told me my birthday was on Saturday, I realized the date and I started to freak out. I told myself to calm down, and I waited until this morning, but nothing happened. Now I'm really scared, Ginny."

"Is that all?" She nodded. "How late are you?"

"About a week."

"When do you think this may have happened?"

"I don't know," she said, tears running down her face now. "I don't-"

She started to fully cry, and Ginny gently lifted her up and pulled her in for hug, wrapping her arms tightly around her.

"There's two things you need to do. First of all, there's nothing to be scared of until you're absolutely sure. You need to go to Madam Pomfrey and find out. Second, you need to tell Harry."

"Not until I find out for certain," she said, pulling away. "I don't want to worry him."

More tears ran down her face, and she buried her face into Ginny's shoulder again, hating herself for being so emotional.

"You need to tell him. If you are pregnant he's going to find out. Even if you're not, he deserves to know."

Hermione didn't say anything, but kept her head buried in Ginny's shoulder.

"Hermione?"

She felt her breath catch in her throat, and she turned to Harry, fear coursing through her system. He stared at her in concern.

"Hermione what's going on?" he asked, placing his hands on her arms. She shook her head, unable to find to her voice.

"I'll give you two some privacy," Ginny said, before leaning into Hermione's ear. "Tell him!"

Harry waited until she left the common room before turning back to his wife. His heart broke as he saw her red face, and he reached up to wipe her tears off.

"Talk to me, Hermione," he whispered, resting his hands on the sides of her face.

She dropped her eyes, unsure of what to say to him. "You're going to want to sit down."

He stared at her in confusion before he sat on the couch. She let out a deep breath and sat on the coffee table, rubbing her hands together before grabbing onto his own.

"I think I'm pregnant, Harry."

His mouth fell open as shock filled his face. She stood up and turned away from him, unable to see the look on his face any longer. "I knew I should have waited to tell you."

"Hermione," he said, shaking his head, "how-how did this happen?"

"I don't know," she said, tears filling her eyes again.

"Wait," he said, standing up to stand in front of her. "You said you think you're pregnant?"

"I'm not for certain, but I'm pretty positive I am."

"I think we need to find out, Hermione," he said softly, reaching up to wipe her tears off. "Let's go to Madam Pomfrey right now and find out for certain."

"What if I am pregnant?" she whispered, lifting her eyes up to meet his own.

He grabbed her hand, and they sat back down on the couch. "If you are, then I'll be an extremely happy man."

"You'd be happy?"

"We'd be having a baby. I would be the happiest man alive."

"But we're at Hogwarts, and I'd have the baby right as we were about to graduate, and I couldn't find work and-"

He gently pressed their lips together. He broke away a moment later and kissed her head, and she could see the enthusiasm written on his face.

"I know the timing is horrible, but we could be having a baby. While we're here we'll use concealment charms and do whatever it takes to make sure no one finds out. If you really wanted to work after the baby is born, then I'll hold off going into the program, or we'll get someone to watch the baby. We'll figure it out, but in no way am I not happy about this."

"You would do that for me and the baby?" she whispered, and he nodded.

"I would do anything for either one of you in a heartbeat, and I know you would do the same for us."

"Harry," she choked out, feeling emotional again. She wrapped her arms around his neck and buried her head into his shoulder. He rubbed her back and kissed her head, feeling both happy and scared. "Let's go to the Hospital Wing."

He gave her a small smile before he helped her up. They started on the path to the Hospital Wing, fear filling the both of them as they stepped closer and closer to it. They entered the room and spotted Madam Pomfrey sitting in her office, writing on some pieces of parchment.

"Potter, are you needing healed already?" she asked, raising her head up.

"Actually, Madam Pomfrey, it's me," Hermione said quietly. "I need you to do a pregnancy test on me."

She pressed her lips together as she looked between them. "How late are you?"

"About a week late."

"Any other symptoms?"

"No," she said, shaking her head.

"Let's go to the beds," she said, grabbing for her wand. She walked past them and held open a curtain before closing it behind them. "Take off your shirt and lay down on the bed."

She removed her school shirt with shaky hands and gave it to Harry. She then let out a shaky breath as she laid back on the bed, grabbing for his hand. Madam Pomfrey put her wand on Hermione's stomach, but Harry stopped her.

"Hermione," he said, and she turned her head towards him, "whatever this test says, I want you to know that I'm not going anywhere."

She smiled. "I know. I love you."

"I love you, too," he said, kissing her hand. He nodded to Madam Pomfrey, who said a spell under her voice. She then looked up at them.

"In a moment, smoke will appear. If the smoke is green, you're pregnant. If it's red, you're not."

Hermione couldn't breathe as she waited for the smoke. She clutched at Harry's hand tightly, probably hard enough to bruise it, but not wanting to let go of it until they knew. After what felt like the longest minute of their lives, the smoke appeared, and her other hand flew to her mouth as her breath caught in her throat. Beside her, he smiled with a shocked look on his face.

The green smoke disappeared almost instantly.

She was pregnant.

Tears rushed down her face as her free hand moved from her mouth to her stomach. He leaned over and kissed her head; shock, fear and happiness running through his body.

"You are pregnant," Madam Pomfrey said, making a note in her charts. "Let's see how far along you are, shall we?"

She waved her wand over Hermione's stomach again, but Harry couldn't see anything that she was doing. He then glanced back over to Hermione, whose face was once again wet with tears. He kissed her hand, trying everything he could to get her to stop crying.

"Don't be scared," he whispered, wiping her tears off.

"We're having a baby," she said, smiling at him.

"We're having a baby," he echoed back, squeezing her hand slightly.

"You're four weeks along, Hermione. Any idea?"

"Four weeks?" she asked, furrowing her brow. She then turned to Harry and let out a small smile. "Four weeks would have been my birthday party."

"What date would that have been, exactly?"

"August 22nd," Harry said. "I surprised Hermione with a birthday party since we're at Hogwarts during her actual birthday."

"Almost exactly a month later. Here we are on September 21st. This would explain why the rest of your symptoms haven't come in yet, either. You're still quite early. Most people don't get diagnosed until around six to eight weeks."

"But she and the baby are fine?" Harry asked in concern.

"Great, actually. The baby's on pace and Hermione's vitals are excellent."

"Do you know if it's a boy or a girl yet?"

"It's still a little early. As soon as I can I will let you know. Let me get a few things to get you started, and we can talk a little more about your current situation."

They nodded, and she disappeared behind the curtain. She took her shirt back from him and put it back on, still trying to process the news.

"We're having a baby," he said, sitting on the bed across from her. A smile formed on her face and she cupped her stomach.

"We're having baby!" she cried out a moment later, wrapping her arms around him. He kissed her head, feeling happy.

He was going to be a father.

"Are you just as scared as I am?" she whispered into his ear.

"Probably worse," he joked with a serious tone, "but I'm more happy than scared."

"Me, too," she said, pulling back to stare at him. "I love you so much."

"I love you, too. Both of you," he said, placing his hand on her stomach. She smiled, placing her own over his.

"Ok," Madam Pomfrey said, returning from behind the curtain. "Here are some vials to get you started. It'll help with nausea. Here's also some information about pregnancy and what to expect. Your expected due date is around May 21st."

"That's a month before we're done with school," Hermione said, looking at Harry in worry.

"That will be a bit of a problem," she said, looking between them.

"What are we going to do?" she asked him.

"We have plenty of time to figure it out," he said soothingly, patting her hand.

"Most likely, as we come into the end of May, you'll be transported to St. Mungo's. After that, well, it's up to the both of you. We'll have to do a monthly checkup just to make sure everything is ok. Make sure you see me at least once a month."

She nodded and climbed off of the bed. "Thank you, Madam Pomfrey."

"No problem. It's unfortunate that the baby will be born before you leave, but I'm sure we can get something worked out."

"You know, I was almost expecting a lecture," Harry said, and she smirked slightly at him.

"This is not my business. I am only here to do what I need to do. I'll be in touch with you soon."

They nodded, and turned to walk out of the Hospital Wing. Hermione put the vials into her bag, and they remained silent as they returned to their common room, unable to stop the smiles that were forming on their faces.

They were going to have a baby.

*****

"Are Harry and Hermione ok?" Neville asked, noticing that neither had shown up to dinner. Ron shrugged.

"Probably off shagging somewhere. Let's just go to the dorm before bed."

"We'll take them a plate," Ginny said, grabbing a spare plate to fill it with food. Neville did the same. After they finished eating, they met up with Luna and took off towards the head's dorms, hoping that everything was ok with the couple.

Of course, Ginny knew why they skipped dinner.

She was hoping more than anything that they had gone to Madam Pomfrey to officially find out.

Her theories were confirmed, however, when they entered the common room and saw them sitting on the couch, kissing one another.

Ron cleared his throat, and they broke apart, clearly embarrassed.

"We're sorry," Ginny said, glaring at Ron. "We were a little concerned when you didn't come to dinner."

"It's dinner time?" Hermione asked in shock, looking at the clock.

"Clearly you were busy," Ron said, as he and Neville handed them plates, "so we brought you some plates."

"Thank you," Hermione said, digging into hers. Harry's eyes drifted over to Ginny, who was watching him, and he gave her a slight nod, watching as she pressed her hands to her face but didn't make a noise.

"Why didn't you come to dinner?" Luna asked, sitting in the chair.

"We just got a little sidetracked," he said, eating the food they had brought for him.

"What are you two hiding?" Luna asked, and they looked up in surprise.

"What do you mean?" Hermione asked back.

"I can see the mistels flying above your heads, which means that you're hiding a big secret."

They gave her a look before they turned to one another, smiling and nodding their heads. Harry put his plate onto the coffee table and looked back up, and he couldn't stop the smile that formed on his face.

"Hermione and I actually have some news that needs to stay between all of us."

"What is it?" Neville asked.

"I'm pregnant," she said, grabbing Harry's hand and smiling. Everyone's mouths dropped open, expect for Ginny, who was smiling.

"Congratulations!" she said, wrapping her arms around Hermione.

"Thank you."

"Are you being serious right now?" Ron asked in shock, looking between them.

"Very serious. I'm four weeks along."

"Congratulations," Neville said, giving Hermione a hug and clapping Harry's back.

"What do you plan on doing?" Luna said, also giving Hermione a hug.

"I'm going to use concealment charms so no one notices. There's a little problem, though."

"What is that?"

"The baby's going to be born at the end of May."

"Oh, no," Ginny said. "What are you going to do?"

"We have no idea," Hermione said. "We've been trying to figure it out ever since we found out."

"Do you think it's a boy or a girl?" Ginny asked, clearly excited.

"I don't know," she laughed, sitting back down next to Harry. He wrapped his arm around her shoulder.

"You both have never looked happier," Luna commented, and Harry and Hermione turned and smiled to each other.

"Are you scared at all?" Neville asked.

"Very scared," Harry replied, rubbing Hermione's upper arm, "but happier. I can't wait to hold him or her."

"I'm not ready for childbirth," she said, and he chuckled next to her, "but, like him, I can't wait to hold the baby."

"You're going to be amazing parents," Ginny said, smiling at them.

"Listen, you lot are the only knows who know. Please keep it that way. We're not even going to tell her parents or Molly and Arthur until we see them in person."

"Of course," Luna echoed back.

"Do you feel any different?" Ginny asked Hermione.

"Not yet. I wouldn't have even known if, well, you know. Madam Pomfrey said most people don't find out until they're about eight weeks."

"When do you think it happened?"

"We don't want to hear this," Ron said, pulling a face. Ginny rolled her eyes.

"Let's go to the bedroom," Hermione said, and Ginny and Luna stood up and followed her.

"Terrified?" Neville asked Harry, who nodded his head.

"Very terrified. I'm really concerned about her having the baby right before we leave here."

"My parents would watch the baby for the last two weeks or so that you would be here. Maybe McGonagall would let you go home early."

"We couldn't leave the baby. I don't know what we're going to do."

"I would talk to McGonagall," Neville said.

"I think you should, too."

Harry rubbed his eyes under his glasses, letting out a deep breath as he did so. "Funny thing is, I had just talked to Hermione about using protection, too. We only used it on her. I don't regret it, though. I want to see my son or daughter more than anything right now."

"You're going to be a good father," Ron said, clapping his back.

*****

"So, when do you think it happened?" Ginny asked, after they had shut the door behind them.

"I'm thinking it was the birthday party that Harry threw for me. We shagged a lot that day."

"Did the protection not work?"

"It would have worked had we used it," she said, rubbing the back of her head.

"You forgot to use protection?"

"I've been thinking the last few hours, and I realized that I had gotten so distracted by everything that day that I may have forgotten to cast the spell."

"So that's how you knew you were. You knew you forgot to use protection."

"I didn't want to tell Harry because I feel like he would blame me and-"

"Honey," Ginny said, wrapping her arm around Hermione's shoulder, "he loves you so much. He would never blame you. Did you see how happy he was out there? He's so happy, Hermione. All he's ever wanted is a family, and now he finds out that his wife is pregnant."

"He wasn't happy until you two out about your marriage, and now he's happier than any of us have seen him."

Hermione nodded, rubbing her stomach as she did so. "I'm having a baby."

"You're having a baby!" they cried, pulling her up so they could hug her.

"We're going to be your baby's aunts."

She rubbed her stomach again, still in disbelief that she was growing a child in there. "Harry and I have been talking all afternoon. We really didn't even know that it was time for dinner."

"I know how scary this is to you, but just think that, when we leave school, you and Harry will be holding your son or daughter. That's got to be making you feel so much better."

"I think I'm past the terrified stage. I'm still in the disbelief stage," she joked.

"What do you want more? A boy or a girl?"

"I'm happy either way."

"Do you think your parents will be happy about this?"

"That's a good question," she said, nodding her head. "I don't know how they'll react, especially since they're not finding out anytime soon."

"They're going to be surprised," Ginny said. "But they'll be happy."

Luna looked at the clock and sighed. "We should probably be going."

"It is getting late. We'll talk to you tomorrow."

Hermione nodded, and followed them out to the common room where the boys were.

"We should be going. Only Ronniewonnie is a prefect and if we're out we'll get in trouble."

"See you tomorrow, mate," Ron said, clapping his shoulder. Neville said the same, and they all disappeared behind the portrait hole.

"It's been a long day," Hermione said, laying down on the couch. He moved her legs onto his lap and removed her slippers, rubbing her feet softly.

"We should get to bed soon."

"We still need to do our rounds," she said, and he shook his head.

"I honestly forgot."

"Can't say I blame you," she said, reaching up to push his hair out of his eyes. "You need a haircut."

"It grows so quick," he replied.

"Let's go do our rounds real quick, then come back here and talk more, and maybe I can cut this hair of yours before bed."

He nodded, and they took off to join the prefects. After they finished all of their rounds they returned to their dorm room, completely tired and ready for bed. She quickly gave him a haircut before they changed their clothes and went off to bed, exhaustion filling both of them.

"Much better," she said, running her hand through his hair.

"Feels better," he replied, running his own hand through his hair.

"I think the baby will look like you," she said in a tired voice.

"It'll be as smart as its mum, and as beautiful."

She smiled. "What do you want? A boy or a girl?"

"I'm happy either way," he replied, kissing her head.

She leaned up and lightly pressed their lips together. She pulled away a minute, and he could see the exhaustion written all over her face.

"Get some sleep, Hermione," he whispered, pulling the blanket up to her shoulder. She flashed him a smile before closing her eyes, falling asleep in a matter of minutes. He was happy that she was sleeping as she had gotten so little the night before.

She had told him that she had a hard time falling asleep. Truth is that she had stayed up the whole night worrying.

He stared at her for a minute before he bent his head down to her stomach. He lightly pressed a kiss to it through the blanket before saying, "Hi there, little one. I'm your dad. We just found out about you, and we couldn't be any happier. We already love you way more than you can imagine. Your mummy and I are so excited, and a little scared, but we're so ready for you to be here. We'll see you in May, and mummy and I will figure something out, because we're not leaving you."

Hermione stirred, and he hesitated for a moment to make sure she was still asleep before saying, "I'll talk again soon. I love you."

He lifted himself back up, laid his head on his pillow, wrapped his arm around her waist, and fell asleep, feeling incredibly happy.

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

4.1K 95 19
This is a Harmony/Harmione story. It'll be all one book so that you don't need to go and look at my profile. Updates won't be too frequent, but I'll...
2K 77 11
A plot bunny that grew too big and was inspired by a series of true but hilarious events in my life where two guys I knew found the stupidest way to...
21.4K 567 8
Harry Potter has been receiving love letters from a mysterious stranger. Can he put his detective skills to good use and find out the identity of his...
87.1K 3K 39
Post OotP. Harry finds that Proffesor Dumbledore has been less than honest or helpful with him, takes control of his own life and finds the training...