Chapter 9

Harry smiled as he walked out of the shop, not even caring who saw him. He was in such a good mood that he didn't care. He just wanted to find Hermione.

He was halfway back to The Three Broomsticks when fear began to course through his body. He stopped dead in his tracks as he realized that it was coming from Hermione.

He started running, trying his hardest to find his two best friends. He passed by the people, who were staring back at in confusion. His heart was racing, fearing that something bad was happening to his wife.

Unable to find them in The Three Broomsticks, he closed his eyes and focused solely on her, and where they could be, and nearly smacked his head when he realized where they were at.

'Shrieking Shack. Of course they'd be there!'

*****

"Why am I not surprised that Potter married the mudblood?" the man asked, pressing his wand underneath Hermione's chin.

"You're going to regret this decision," she said, turning her head to look at him.

"No. We don't regret anything."

"Your husband is going to regret killing the Dark Lord," the other man hissed into her ear.

Hermione was feeling something, something she couldn't figure out. She definitely felt angry, and she was positive that it was coming from Harry, and she was sure he at least had an idea of what happened. It took her a moment to figure it out, then she realized what it was

She was feeling much more powerful.

It was almost like she was drawing power from him. She was feeling more powerful than she ever felt before.

And at that moment, she knew what she needed to do.

Her wand burned into the Death Eater that was holding her, and he cried out in pain. She quickly shot a spell off at the other and he fell unconscious. She then turned back to the one that held her, and knocked him unconscious as well.

"Hermione!"

She turned around and saw Harry running up to her. She wrapped her arms around him and buried her head into his chest, feeling much safer now that he was there.

"Did they hurt you?" he asked, pulling away to look at her. She shook her head.

"I'm fine."

"What do they want?"

"They want you," she whispered, placing her hand on his cheek. "They want revenge."

"I'm so sorry," he said, burying his head into her hair.

"Harry," she said, pushing him away slightly, "something happened."

"What do you mean?"

"When they had me, I was feeling different. I've never felt so powerful before."

He stared at her in worry before he lightly pressed their lips together. "We'll figure it out. Come on let's get Ron."

They walked over to Ron and revived him. He groaned as he sat up.