Chapter 15

"Are you pregnant?"

The word swirled around Hermione's head. Are you pregnant? She felt her eyes water and she pressed her hands against her mouth, shaking her head.

"I don't know for certain."

"What's making you think that you are?" she asked, sitting on the coffee table.

"I'm late. When Harry told me my birthday was on Saturday, I realized the date and I started to freak out. I told myself to calm down, and I waited until this morning, but nothing happened. Now I'm really scared, Ginny."

"Is that all?" She nodded. "How late are you?"

"About a week."

"When do you think this may have happened?"

"I don't know," she said, tears running down her face now. "I don't-"

She started to fully cry, and Ginny gently lifted her up and pulled her in for hug, wrapping her arms tightly around her.

"There's two things you need to do. First of all, there's nothing to be scared of until you're absolutely sure. You need to go to Madam Pomfrey and find out. Second, you need to tell Harry."

"Not until I find out for certain," she said, pulling away. "I don't want to worry him."

More tears ran down her face, and she buried her face into Ginny's shoulder again, hating herself for being so emotional.

"You need to tell him. If you are pregnant he's going to find out. Even if you're not, he deserves to know."

Hermione didn't say anything, but kept her head buried in Ginny's shoulder.

"Hermione?"

She felt her breath catch in her throat, and she turned to Harry, fear coursing through her system. He stared at her in concern.

"Hermione what's going on?" he asked, placing his hands on her arms. She shook her head, unable to find to her voice.

"I'll give you two some privacy," Ginny said, before leaning into Hermione's ear. "Tell him!"

Harry waited until she left the common room before turning back to his wife. His heart broke as he saw her red face, and he reached up to wipe her tears off.

"Talk to me, Hermione," he whispered, resting his hands on the sides of her face.

She dropped her eyes, unsure of what to say to him. "You're going to want to sit down."

He stared at her in confusion before he sat on the couch. She let out a deep breath and sat on the coffee table, rubbing her hands together before grabbing onto his own.

"I think I'm pregnant, Harry."

His mouth fell open as shock filled his face. She stood up and turned away from him, unable to see the look on his face any longer. "I knew I should have waited to tell you."

"Hermione," he said, shaking his head, "how-how did this happen?"

"I don't know," she said, tears filling her eyes again.