Chapter 12

"Harry, Hermione," Sinistra said, smiling to the couple who sat outside of her room. "Why don't the both of you come in together, and we'll get you scheduled."

They stood up and walked into her office, sitting down at her desk as they did so. She pulled out two files and sat behind her desk, looking over them as she did so.

"Potter and Potter, I don't know if I can get use to that," she said with a smile. "Congratulations, by the way."

"Thank you," they echoed.

"I figured since you're married, we can just schedule the both of you together. I want to start off by saying that the courses may be more difficult for you since you were here the previous term."

"Did anyone learn much the previous term?"

"Unfortunately, not as much as they should have. This term will be hard for everyone around." She pulled one of the charts up and opened it, scanning through it. "Hermione, I see you and the Headmistress have talked about joining Magical Law."

"She told me I would need the normal classes, and then Ancient Runes and Arithmancy."

She nodded. "Your O.W.L. results are excellent, and your grades at the end of you previous term are just as great. You can easily get into your classes. Let's sign you up for Transfiguration, Ancient Runes, Charms, Defense Against the Dark Arts, History of Magic, Herbology and Potions. Sound good?"

"Sounds perfect, professor," she replied with a nod.

"Will you be able to handle all of these courses? This is a lot."

"I can, but McGonagall said I would take Arithmancy as well."

"It is being offered the same time as Ancient Runes, and I would prefer for you to have that."

"Hermione," Harry said, turning his head towards her, "you remember the last few times you tried this, right?"

"I can do it, Harry," she said, grabbing for his hand.

Sinistra wrote in her chart and pushed it to the side before picking Harry's up and glancing over it.

"Harry, Harry, Harry," she said, reading through the chart. He dropped his eyes, having trouble remembering his exams. "Still your wish to become an Auror?"

"It is," he replied quietly.

"O.W.L. results were good. Your grades from the previous term were as expected, except your grade from Defense Against the Dark Arts dropped."

Harry didn't say anything, but knew the real reason why his grade dropped. "I received an outstanding on my O.W.L. Defense Against the Dark Arts is my best and favorite class."

She nodded, as though understanding what he was trying to say. "Definitely put you into Defense Against the Dark Arts, Transfiguration, Potions, Charms and Herbology. These are the same courses you had when you were here last."

He nodded, dropping his head once again. She wrote in his chart and put it on top of Hermione's before she picked her head up and looked between them.

"I want to talk personally to the two of you. It is not normal to come to Hogwarts married. Minerva said you were trying to keep it quiet, and it unfortunately got out there. I understand you are married, but I am telling you right now: if there is any type of rule breaking going on, you will both be punished. The same rules apply to married students as they do to non-married students."