Chapter 10

"I wanted the timing to be better for this," Harry said, breaking away from Hermione. She stared at him in confusion.

"What are you talking about?"

Harry unclenched his hand, and showed her the diamond ring. Her eyes went wide as she stared at it.

"What is this?"

"I didn't get a chance to ask you to marry me, and you didn't get an engagement ring."

He got down on one knee, and her breath caught in her throat. "Since I can't use this as an engagement ring, I am going to use this as a promise ring. Hermione Potter, I promise to be the best husband to you that I can be. I promise to love you, cherish you and protect you. One day in the future I promise to be a great father to our four children," he said with a grin. She lightly shoved his chest. "I love you, Hermione."

She bent down and joined him on the floor, grabbing for his hands. "Oh, Harry."

"One more thing. Will you marry me again?"

She shook her head. "No, for one reason. I love the how we got married. I don't want to have a wedding unless you want one. We're already married and we've been on a honeymoon. It's perfect."

She moved her hands to his the sides of his face. "Harry James Potter, I am going to make you a promise. I promise to be the best wife I can be to you. You said you are going to protect me, and I am going to do the same for you. I still remember the day you saved me from the troll. You became my best friend and more that day. I know all of this happened unexpectedly, but I'm happy that it did. I can't wait for our future together. I love you so much."

He smiled as he reached up to wipe her eyes. He then grabbed for her left hand and gently slid the ring on her ring finger, smiling even more as it fit perfectly. She stared down at it, marveling its beauty. It was a silver band with a princess-cut blue diamond in the middle. There was a small diamond resting on each side of the stone.

It wasn't overly extravagant, but it was beautiful.

It was Harry.

"It's beautiful," she whispered, unable to take her eyes away from it.

"I saw it in the store, and all I could picture was you. It's the perfect ring for you."

"Blue is my birthstone," she whispered, looking back into his green eyes. "Well, sapphire, but that's blue.

"Did you know that today is our six-month anniversary?"

"We've been married for six months?" she asked in amazement. He nodded.

"I wanted to do this on our six-month anniversary."

"I should have guessed," she said with a laugh. "I love you."

"I love you, too," he whispered, pressing their lips together again.

They started off slow, but soon the kiss heated up. Hermione's hands began to unbutton Harry's shirt before she pulled away, biting her lower lip as she did so.

"I have a surprise for you as well. Meet me upstairs in a few minutes."

His eyes grew dark and he nodded. She stood back up and traveled upstairs, pulling the surprise out of the closet. She then went into the bathroom and changed into it, staring at herself in the mirror.