Chapter 11

Hermione stirred and rubbed her eyes, trying to force herself to stay awake. She then attempted to sit up the bed, but found Harry's arm wrapped tightly around her waist. She smiled slightly as she carefully lifted his arm and removed it from her waist, laughing behind her hand when he grunted and rolled over to his other side.

She got out of the bed and put her slippers on before quietly stepping into the bathroom. A few moments later she walked out of the bedroom and walked down to the living room, picking up the book she had started last night.

'Might as well enjoy some leisure time before Harry wakes,' she thought, opening the book to where she had left off.

An owl pecked at the window, and she dropped her book to open it. The owl flew inside and dropped a package on the couch. She handed the owl a treat and watched as it flew back out the window. She then picked the box up and smiled, knowing exactly what it was.

'Finally here.'

She could barely contain her enthusiasm as she waited for Harry to wake. She put the box back onto the table and picked her book back up, opening to where she left off. Twenty minutes later he walked into the living room and collapsed next to her, looking as though he were still trying to wake up.

"Why didn't you wake me?"

"You looked peaceful."

"Is it here?" he asked, noticing the package. She nodded.

"I didn't want to open it without you."

He tore off the wrapping and ran his hand over the black velvet box. He then handed it to her and she opened it, smiling at the two silver rings resting inside of it.

"Beautiful."

She took the rings out of the box and held them in her hand. He took the ring that belonged to her and held it in his hand, thinking something over in his mind.

"I think I want a wedding."

"Really?" she asked, looking up in shock. He nodded. "I've been thinking about it, too. I know I said that I didn't want one because we're already married, but I think we should."

"Give me your engagement ring."

"I like this ring."

"Give it here," he said with a laugh. She took her ring off and handed it to him. He got down on one knee and displayed the ring out to her. "I guess I can use this as an engagement ring now. Hermione Potter, will you marry me?"

"Yes," she said with a laugh, pulling him back up. She pressed their lips together.

"I guess third time's a charm," he said with a grin.

"You only asked me twice, sir," she laughed again. He bent down and picked up the velvet box.

"I believe this is yours."

He pulled the smaller silver band out of the box and put slid both of her rings onto her finger. She then pulled his out and slid his onto his ring finger.

"I am officially a married man," he said, kissing her head.

"It only took us six months."