Chapter 25

On the morning of December 23rd, 2002, a girl with black hair stared out the window, her brown eyes wide as she watched the snow fall to the ground. A woman walked up to her, smiling as she saw the look on the little girl's face.

"What is that?" she asked, pointing to the window.

"It's snowing!" she called out. A man walked up to her and stood on her other side.

"It is snowing," Hermione said, kissing her head.

"Do you know what we do when it snows?" Harry asked. Lily shook her head. "We go outside and play in it."

"But first, we must get into our clothes."

Lily grabbed for Hermione's outstretched hand and followed her mother upstairs. Harry smiled at them, taking another sip of his coffee. He then put the cup back onto the table and went upstairs to change.

"She's waiting for you," Hermione said, walking into the master.

"We'll be outside," he said, kissing her cheek. She nodded, and he turned to walk out of the room, smiling as he saw Lily in her own bedroom, looking over her toys.

"Ready, princess?"

"Yeah!" she said, grabbing her father's hand. They carefully walked downstairs and to the backyard, and he let out a laugh and she grabbed a handful of snow and threw it into the air.

"Let's make a snow angel, Lily," he said, collapsing into the fluffy snow. She copied her father and made a snow angel, giggling out loud.

"Look at you," Hermione said, smiling down at her daughter.

"I'm playing in the snow, mummy," she said, sitting back up.

"You certainly are. Want to help daddy and I build a snowman?"

She nodded, and walked over to her father, who began to start on the snowman. Hermione went back into the house before returning with a carrot.

"What do you think?" Harry asked sometime later, picking Lily up.

"I love it!"

"Do you have a name?"

"Snitch," she said, reaching her arm out to rub the snowman's head. He chuckled.

"That's a good name," Hermione said, smiling at her husband. "Snitch the Snowman."

He put Lily back down and gathered a ball of snow in his hands. He smirked as she copied him.

"Lily," he said quietly, turning to her, "when I count to three, throw this at mummy. One, two, three!"

They threw their snowballs at Hermione, who turned in laughter to give her husband a playful glare.

"Harry James Potter! You are such a bad influence!"

"You're a bad influence!" he mimicked back, sticking his tongue out at her. Lily laughed.

Hermione picked a snowball up and threw it at him, winking to Lily in response. She did the same, and Harry threw his arms up in defeat, chuckling as he did so.