The Bond (Completed)

By MarkyGalagate

Set immediately after the events of The Deathly Hallows. After the war, Harry and Hermione find themselves in... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25

Chapter 9

1.1K 33 5
By MarkyGalagate

Harry smiled as he walked out of the shop, not even caring who saw him. He was in such a good mood that he didn't care. He just wanted to find Hermione.

He was halfway back to The Three Broomsticks when fear began to course through his body. He stopped dead in his tracks as he realized that it was coming from Hermione.

He started running, trying his hardest to find his two best friends. He passed by the people, who were staring back at in confusion. His heart was racing, fearing that something bad was happening to his wife.

Unable to find them in The Three Broomsticks, he closed his eyes and focused solely on her, and where they could be, and nearly smacked his head when he realized where they were at.

'Shrieking Shack. Of course they'd be there!'

*****

"Why am I not surprised that Potter married the mudblood?" the man asked, pressing his wand underneath Hermione's chin.

"You're going to regret this decision," she said, turning her head to look at him.

"No. We don't regret anything."

"Your husband is going to regret killing the Dark Lord," the other man hissed into her ear.

Hermione was feeling something, something she couldn't figure out. She definitely felt angry, and she was positive that it was coming from Harry, and she was sure he at least had an idea of what happened. It took her a moment to figure it out, then she realized what it was

She was feeling much more powerful.

It was almost like she was drawing power from him. She was feeling more powerful than she ever felt before.

And at that moment, she knew what she needed to do.

Her wand burned into the Death Eater that was holding her, and he cried out in pain. She quickly shot a spell off at the other and he fell unconscious. She then turned back to the one that held her, and knocked him unconscious as well.

"Hermione!"

She turned around and saw Harry running up to her. She wrapped her arms around him and buried her head into his chest, feeling much safer now that he was there.

"Did they hurt you?" he asked, pulling away to look at her. She shook her head.

"I'm fine."

"What do they want?"

"They want you," she whispered, placing her hand on his cheek. "They want revenge."

"I'm so sorry," he said, burying his head into her hair.

"Harry," she said, pushing him away slightly, "something happened."

"What do you mean?"

"When they had me, I was feeling different. I've never felt so powerful before."

He stared at her in worry before he lightly pressed their lips together. "We'll figure it out. Come on let's get Ron."

They walked over to Ron and revived him. He groaned as he sat up.

"What happened?"

"Death Eaters attacked Hermione."

"Are you ok?" he asked in worry. She nodded.

"I'm fine."

Several pops were heard, and Kingsley ran up to the trio. Two Aurors behind him began to take care of the fallen Death Eaters.

"Are you all ok?"

"We're fine," Harry said, clutching Hermione's hand.

"That's a relief. I have Aurors taking them into custody now. Do you have any idea why they were here?"

"They said they wanted Harry. That was it."

"We'll interrogate them more back at the Ministry. All of you go home and get some rest. You need it."

"Kingsley," Harry called out, as the man walked away, "please update me when you find out anything."

"Harry, this is a Ministry matter."

"My wife was attacked! My best friend got hurt! They're coming after me, and they'll use them to do it. You will keep me updated, Kingsley, or I will find these men myself."

He nodded. "I'll do whatever it takes."

"Thank you," he said, and Kingsley nodded his head and disappeared with a crack. He then turned back to Hermione, who was still shaking on the ground.

"Ron, go on home. Hermione and I are going to Hogwarts."

He was about to protest until he saw the look from Harry, and he nodded. "I'll meet you at Grimmauld Place in a few hours."

"Thanks, mate," Harry said, and he helped Hermione up. He wrapped his arm around her shoulder, and they started on the path back to Hogwarts. When they arrived back at the castle, they immediately ran to McGonagall's office, hoping to find some explanation.

They entered the office and found it empty, but Dumbledore was fast asleep in his portrait. Harry called out his name, and he immediately awoke, smiling down.

"How can I help you?"

"Hermione was just attacked by Death Eaters."

"I'm sorry to hear that. Revenge, I would assume."

"Something happened with her."

"What do you mean?"

"I've felt more powerful than I ever have before," she said softly, looking up at the portrait.

"There's something I never told you about the bond, because I figured you would not need it. Since the situation has come up, it's time to talk about it."

"About what?"

"The connection between the two of you is stronger than you may believe. After a while together, the bond will start to pull you two closer together enough for you to be almost one person."

"What does that mean, exactly?"

"It means that you will more powerful than you can imagine. The other half is protecting you."

"So if Hermione and I were to work together-"

"-Harry, what have I told you before about love?"

"It's my greatest strength, and Voldemort's weakness."

"Hermione is making you stronger, as you are to her. The bond made you one."

"This just gets weirder and weirder," she replied, rubbing her head.

"If you work together, you could be unstoppable. Couples with soul-bonds are known to be some of the most powerful witches and wizards in the world."

Harry saw Hermione's frazzled look, and he gently wrapped his arm around her waist.

"Let's get you home, Hermione," he said, rubbing her arm.

"Wait. Professor, I believe you owe Harry and I an apology."

"For what?"

"I did some research about soul-bonds, and you lied to us about it. You said it would force us to shag. It wouldn't have."

Harry turned back to the painting in shock. Dumbledore stared at them for a moment.

"It would have influenced you, but nothing more."

"Why would you tell us that?" Harry asked in shock.

"I figured you needed the push."

Harry shook his head, laughing slightly. "You had us all up in worry over nothing."

"I apologize, but are you not happy now? I don't believe I have ever seen the both of you so happy before."

Harry went over to the fireplace and grabbed the floo powder. He then held it out to Hermione, who stepped into the fireplace and grabbed a handful, disappearing into the flames. He then turned back to the portrait.

"Thank you."

"Don't be so worried about Hermione. You will always protect her even without realizing it."

*****

"How's Hermione?" Ron asked Harry in the living room of Grimmauld Place.

"She's doing better. She went to go lay down."

"Do you really think there's more out there?"

"A select few," he replied, shaking his head. "There's a few who think I should suffer."

"They're bloody buffoons if they think they can mess with you. You took down Voldemort."

"I'm worried about her, mate. I don't want her to get hurt."

"We'll protect her."

"She doesn't deserve this."

"Harry," Ron said, placing his hand on his shoulder, "we will keep her safe. I promise you."

"She won't be safe until they're in Azkaban."

"That's not true," he said, shaking his head. "She has you."

"And I left her," he said bitterly. "I left her to get hurt."

"You had no idea they were going to do this. Do not blame yourself."

He bit his cheek and turned away, unsure of what to say. The fireplace roared to life and Kingsley stepped out, dusting himself off as he did so.

"Please tell me you have something."

"We've interrogated the two Death Eaters. Their names are Ramirez and Stephens. Apparently, they work for a man named Snider who used to be one of Voldemort's top men."

"If we find Snider, this is all over?"

"Not we, the Aurors. You have done enough, Harry."

He turned his head away again. "I can't let them hurt her."

"We were able to get the two to talk. Hermione foiled their plan. They were supposed to take her to Snider."

"Is he working alone now?"

"He is indeed. They were unable to get any further Death Eaters who are still out to join. Apparently they don't want to take on Harry Potter."

"Aren't they smart," he replied bitterly. "Do you have a lead on Snider?"

"We do, but the other two told us that he most likely left. I have Aurors checking out the place now."

Harry let out a breath of relief, glad that most of them were now captured. "Please, Kingsley, keep me updated."

"I will. Stay with Hermione, and summon if you need any help."

Harry nodded, and Kingsley disappeared in the flames of the fire. Ron smiled slightly at Harry.

"Not as bad as we thought."

"There's still one out there. I won't feel better until he is in Azkaban."

*****

Hermione stirred, tossing her head back and forth a few times. She let out a moan and sat up, looking around the bedroom for a moment before reclosing her eyes. The bedroom door opened and Harry stepped through, smiling softly.

"Feeling better?"

"A little," she said, watching as he sat opposite her. "Have you heard anything?"

"The two men that had you are working for a man named Snider. They want revenge against me. It's only the three of them. They tried to recruit more but those that remain refused."

"That's a relief," she said.

"I'm proud of you," he said, and she looked at him.

"What do you mean?"

"You fought two well trained Death Eaters off on your own."

"I had some help," she said, grabbing for his hand.

"I am not going to leave you alone again."

"Where did you go?"

He hesitated, dropping his eyes as he did so. He then squeezed her hands and ran his thumbs across them.

"I want to tell you, but now is not the time."

"What is it?"

"It's not the time. I promise I will tell you at a better time."

"This will all be over with soon," she said softly.

He leaned in and pressed his lips to her head. "I thought I promised to not give you a heart attack."

She laughed. "I guess it goes both ways, huh?"

"I guess it does."

"I know what you're thinking."

"What am I thinking?"

"This is all my fault. I left Hermione and I got her hurt even though she's not hurt all because these men wanted me."

"That's not what I'm thinking," he replied, narrowing his eyes. She smiled slightly.

"Sure it's not. I know what goes on in that thick skull better than you do."

He chuckled. "Are you hungry?"

"Very."

"I have dinner going downstairs."

"I'll come with you," she said, getting out of the bed. They walked downstairs to the kitchen and began to prep for dinner, staying awfully silent.

"You're awfully quiet."

"I don't really know what to say. I thought all of this was over with."

"It will be. They'll find Snider and he'll be sent to Azkaban."

"What if this continues on? What if, in the near future, our kids get targeted?"

She turned her head to look at him. "Kids?"

He closed his eyes as he realized what he said and placed his hands over his mouth. "I shouldn't have said that-"

"-Harry," she said, placing her hand on his chest, "it's not a bad thing for you to want kids."

He didn't say anything, but he looked completely embarrassed. She leaned up and pressed their lips together, trying to sooth him.

"I think it's really sweet. I want kids as well; just not anytime soon."

"We've only been together for a month."

"We're married, and we want to stay married. It's not such a bad thing to talk about our lives after Hogwarts."

He nodded and wrapped his arms around her waist, kissing the top of her head as he did so. "I love you."

"I love you," she replied, pecking his lips. "How many kids do you see us with?"

"I don't know," he replied. "Three? Four?"

"Four kids?" she laughed.

"Too much?"

"Just remember who's giving birth to those kids," she said with a smile, tilting her head to the side. He chuckled.

"Decide later on?"

"Agreed," she said, pressing their lips together again. They turned back to the stove and finished making dinner, and Hermione's mind began to drift.

"You ok?" he asked, wrapping his arms around her waist. He leaned down and pressed a kiss to her neck.

"Just thinking."

"Dinner's about ready."

"I'll get the plates down," she said, reaching up into the cabinet. She then bit her lip and turned back to Harry.

"You told my dad that you didn't want to stay here."

"I don't," he said, taking the plates from her.

"What if we were to find another place?"

"Like what?"

"I don't know," she replied, shrugging her shoulders. "An apartment or a house."

"I definitely don't want to stay here, but I think we should wait until after Hogwarts. It would be foolish to find a place and leave it."

"Are you ok with staying here?"

"It's not one of my favorite places, but it'll do until we can find our own."

"I know this has a lot of bad memories on you."

He dropped his eyes. "I don't want to talk about that."

She nodded. "Let's eat."

*****

"I can't believe there are still people out there," Ginny said, shaking her head. "After everything, you would think they would leave you alone."

"Harry's all in a mess," Hermione said, taking a bite of her sandwich. "He's afraid something is going to happen to me."

"I can imagine," she replied. "How are you doing?"

"Better than I was."

"They'll find him," she said, squeezing Hermione's hand.

"I know they will. How are things with Neville? Did you talk to him?"

"We talked, and we snogged."

"Going to make it work then?"

"We're going to try."

"When did you realize you had feelings for him?"

"I don't know. I think this last year with us being trapped in the castle changed a lot of things between us."

Hermione nodded in understanding. It was, she believed, how she and Harry became closer. "It's crazy how feelings can change when you fear for your life. Before I forget to ask, has Luna mentioned anything about Ron?"

"Not really. Why?"

"Maybe this sounds crazy, but I think he's falling for her."

Ginny looked at her before she started to laugh. "Ron fall for Luna?"

"I know, but yesterday we were at The Three Broomsticks, and he started to ask about her."

"No kidding?" she asked in shock. "I wonder when that started."

"I don't know," Hermione replied with a laugh. "I'm just as confused as you are."

"Of course my brother is too daft to realize it, either," she said, shaking her head.

"Ladies," Harry said, sitting next to them.

"Question for you."

"Ask away."

"Does Ron like Luna?"

He stared at his wife in shock. "Ron likes Luna?"

"I'm pretty sure he does. He was asking me about her."

"Odd," he said, taking a sip from his drink. "I really had no idea."

"You need to find out," Ginny said. Harry shook his head.

"No way. I'm not going there again. Last time that happened Ron had ate my chocolates filled with love potions. I had to listen to how beautiful Romilda Vane the entire trip to Slughorn's office."

Hermione laughed behind her hand. Harry gave her a look.

"Of course you would be laughing," he replied, narrowing his eyes at her. "You didn't have to put up with him."

"Can you try?" Ginny asked again.

"Even if I did, Ron wouldn't come out and say anything."

"I guess I'll have to try," she sighed in defeat.

"What are you all talking about?" Ron asked, sitting next to them.

"Nothing," they answered.

"Ok then," he said, reading from his magazine. Ginny stared at him for a moment.

"So, Ron, have you talked to Luna?"

"Not recently. Why?"

"Just curious. She was asking about you."

"Ok?" he asked again, giving her an odd look. She glared at Harry when he chuckled from behind his glass.

"Should you be talking to her again?"

"I will when I see her."

Ginny let out a disgruntled groan, while Hermione smiled. Ron shrugged and continued to read from the magazine.

*****

Harry stared into the fireplace, unsure of how he was feeling at the moment. He was still angry with himself for leaving Hermione and almost getting her kidnapped.

And, despite what she said, nothing seemed to want to make him stop kicking himself. He had no idea what he would have done if he allowed her to get kidnapped.

He could still hear her screams from when she was tortured in Malfoy Manor.

He shivered. He didn't want to think about that. She was hurt because of him, and now she is targeted because of him.

He closed his eyes, trying to stop her screams from playing over and over in her head. Two hands touched his shoulders, and he jumped in shock.

"Harry?"

"I thought you were asleep."

"It's hard to sleep when my husband is worrying about something," she said softly, moving to sit on the coffee table. "I thought you were coming to bed."

"I didn't want to wake you."

"That worked out so well," she said with a laugh. "You're still worrying about me, aren't you?"

"I'll always worry about you," he replied, grabbing for her hands.

"You worry too much."

"They were going to kidnap you. The plan was to take you to Snider."

She squeezed his hands. "They didn't, because of you."

"Because of the bond, not because of me," he growled, standing up. "I had left you."

"You're allowed some personal time. I don't have to be by your side every minute of every day."

"I didn't leave because I wanted personal time."

"Then where did you go?"

"I told you it's not the time."

"When is it the time?"

He stared at her, still debating in his mind what he should do. He lightly pressed their lips together and pulled something out of his pocket.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

87K 3K 39
Post OotP. Harry finds that Proffesor Dumbledore has been less than honest or helpful with him, takes control of his own life and finds the training...
109K 2.7K 19
After the war, all was well in Harry Potter's world until he realized that the males of the Wizarding World now have their eyes on his best friend, H...
4.1K 95 19
This is a Harmony/Harmione story. It'll be all one book so that you don't need to go and look at my profile. Updates won't be too frequent, but I'll...
21.4K 567 8
Harry Potter has been receiving love letters from a mysterious stranger. Can he put his detective skills to good use and find out the identity of his...