Callie and Lexi's Kiss List |...

Von ThoseThreeWords

When twins Callie and Lexi were kids, they wrote a list of all the boys they wished to kiss when they started... Mehr

Copyright
Synopsis
About This Book
Aesthetics
♬ Playlist ♬
1: Callie
2: Lexi
3: Callie
4: Lexi
5: Callie
6: Lexi
7: Callie
8: Lexi
9: Callie
10: Lexi
11: Callie
12: Callie
13: Callie
14: Lexi
15: Callie
16: Lexi
17: Lexi
18: Callie
19: Lexi
20: Callie
21: Lexi
22: Callie
23: Lexi
25: Lexi
26: Callie
27: Lexi
28: Lexi
29: Callie
30: Callie
31: Lexi
32: Callie
33: Lexi
34: Lexi
35: Flynn
36: Callie
37: Lexi
38: Callie
39: Callie
40: Lexi
41: Callie
42: Callie
43: Lexi
44: Callie
45: Lexi
46: Callie
47: Lexi
48: Callie
49: Lexi
50: Callie
51: Lexi
52: Callie
53: Callie
54: Callie
55: Lexi
56: Lexi
57: Callie
58: Lexi
59: Callie
60: Callie
61: Lexi
62: Callie
63: Lexi
64: Callie
65: Flynn
66: Callie
67: Flynn
68: Lexi
69: Flynn
70: Callie
71: Flynn
72: Flynn
73: Callie
74: Flynn
75: Lexi
76: Flynn
77: Callie
78: Lexi

24: Callie

83 10 210
Von ThoseThreeWords

Managed to finish the chapter I started earlier this week, so you're getting another chapter this weekend. WOOHOO!

Thanks already to jueka1amiva0402, and brightyeolie as per usual for being absolutely amazing and supportive readers. I write for you guys! (And the other passives but I can't thank you if you never show up in the comments! D: )

Didn't proofread. I'll do it later.

Enjoy...

____

My phone pinged halfway through the second episode of The Witcher, and as I unlocked it with furrowed eyebrows, wondering who on earth would be messaging me when I was with two of the only people who did, my heart thudded in my chest as his name filled my notification bar.

A small yelp came from my mouth as I threw my phone across the bed.

Sara fumbled with the remote, pausing the show as she sat up, seemingly started. "What's wrong?" she asked, as she scooted across to the far end of the bed, away from my sister. Which was odd, but I didn't question it because I had more pressing issues and they're on my phone screen.

"Ashton messaged me," I gulped, glancing between them.

"And?" Lexi pressed, turning to face me as she crossed her legs.

"He wants to... call me."

"Right now?" Sara asked.

I nodded, frantically glancing between Sara and my sister. "What do I do? How to I turn him down? How—"

But Lexi grinned, eyes staring at the door, scheming gleam to her gaze. "I have an idea," she said, then she got up and headed out of the room.

I turned to Sara as another message pinged from Ashton.

Ashton: Hey... I saw that you saw my message. Are you ignoring me? :(

"He put a sad face," I whined, stating the obvious—because she was certainly staring at my phone herself now. "I don't want to hurt him even if he is a jerk!"

"I... I don't know what you should do," Sara confessed. "I want to go with the default 'just be honest', but after you told me all the things he has said about Flynn and other people of colour..." She shook her head. "A part of me wants him to hurt."

"I can't," I whispered.

"I know. It's not in you." She pressed her lips together, eyebrows furrowing before she pulled the phone from my hand, fingers flying across the screen. "This should hold him at bay until Lexi comes back."

Glancing at my phone, my heart sighed in relief as I read what she wrote:

Me: I'm at my friend's house... I don't know if it's polite for me to be on the phone.

But before I could exit out of the app so that seen wouldn't display again for him, letting him know I was avoiding his messages, another came in.

Ashton: But you're messaging me now...

Ashton: Which friend?

Before I could respond with Sara's name, Lexi barged back into the room, eyes flickering between us and then zeroing in on the phone.

"Don't tell me you replied," she said.

"We did," Sara said. "But I was just buying time."

Lexi reached down, yanking the phone from my hand as she hurriedly read through the messages, grin forming on her face. "Oh perfect," she said. Then her own thumbs flew across the screen.

Hand clamping down on Sara's shoulder, I stumbled to my foot, trying to reach for my phone to see what she wrote. But she stepped out of my way as another reply dinged.

Grinning, Lexi kept backing away from me as I hopped around the room, reaching for my phone.

"What are you typing, Lex?" I demanded.

"Hold on," she said, holding a hand up.

Then, satisfied, she handed the phone back to me.

"Noah will be here in a second," she then added.

Stomach flipping, I immediately looked for my prosthetic, knowing I had to get my compression sock off, slip on, fasten the socket... then wash everything again later just for—

But it was too late.

Noah stumbled in, and I fell onto Sara's bed in shock.

I reached for the first thing I could—Lexi's pillow for the night, plopping it over the end of my stump, concealing the part where my leg ends.

While I was used to Flynn seeing me in all my natural glory—and Sara and Lex, of course—Noah definitely wasn't an exception.

His eyes briefly met Lexi's before he turned to me, throwing me a grin as he stepped over the objects laying on the ground, taking a seat next to me on the bed.

"Ready, Cal?" he asked, sitting obnoxiously close to me on the bed, his leg pressing against my good one.

"Ready for what?" I squeaked.

Noah turned to my sister. "You haven't told her your plan yet?"

"Got side tracked texting him," she said.

My eyes went wide. What the hell did you tell him? I asked her, praying she could read my thoughts.

Lexi's eyes, locked on my face, sent back a 'don't worry' expression.

Heart pounding in my chest, I slowly turned my head, looking into Noah's warm black eyes that smiled my way. "I heard the boy who gave you the hickey won't leave you alone," he explained. "So we're going to make him jealous and just give up."

"J-jealous?" I asked, the 'how' getting caught in my throat.

But Noah pulled the phone from my grip, swiping open my camera and flipping it to selfie mode.

Our faces instantly filled my phone screen, and my eyes blew wide at the thought I'd ever be taking a photo with Noah.

And then his arm wound around me, gently resting on my shoulder, making my throat constrict, no questions capable of coming out of my mouth even if I could think them into existence.

Because as he angled the screen some more, he leaned closer, head gently resting against mine.

And I think my heart literally stopped.

Is this happening?

Is this seriously happening?

Is Noah bloody Hashimoto's arm actually around my shoulder?

Is his head seriously touching my head?

Our mouths only a few centimeters apart...

A photo to be stored in my image history...

"I need you to seem less like a kangaroo about to get run over, and more like someone who's really digging my presence right now, Callie," he mumbled, still not taking the picture. "I know this is awkward, but we need to make him think there's something between us."

And then Noah tilted his head again on mine, mouth even closer.

I took a few deep breaths as his words ran through my head on a ten-second delay.

Then ever so slowly, I tried to rest my face and leaned into him.

"Better," he said, and snapped the first picture.

Then he repositioned himself, pressing his lips to my che—

AHHHHH IS NOAH KISSING ME? my mind screamed.

While Sara spat, "What are you—"

Noah leaned away, glaring at his sister. "Shut up for a second, Sara. I'm helping your friend out."

Then Noah moved back in, pausing before he kissed my cheek again. Breath warm on my ear, he whispered, "Close your eyes and smile in delight, Cal."

Obeying his command, I did my best to pull off his instruction, while secretly hoping he couldn't hear the symphony consisting only of drums occuring in my chest as his lips brushed my cheek once more.

And as he snapped the picture, again, all I could think was, AHHHH NOAH IS ACTUALLY KISSING ME!

A small part of me wondered what would happen if I turned my head, if our lips met, if—

But I quickly shook that thought because Sara was right there. As was my sister.

Yet as he pulled away and I opened my eyes again, glancing his way, a part of me was a little shocked.

I knew it was Noah.

I had even processed the fact in my thoughts that he was the one who had pressed his lips to cheek as I closed my eyes.

Yet a part of me was slightly disappointed it was his brown eyes I was looking into right now.

Why... my heart whispered.

But I immediately shook it, trying to bring myself back to the present where Noah was currently loading my instagram, posting the two pictures of us onto my feed.

It didn't take much longer after that for my phone to ping again.

Leaning over, at first I read the series of messages Lexi had sent.

Ashton: Which friend?

Me: Oh just someone.

Ashton: ... Sara?

Me: Yeah, her.

Ashton: Then why not just say Sara?

He sent a laughing emoji after that.

Ashton: I do know who your best friend is, you know...

Ashton: I notice a lot about you, Callie.

My heart throbbed for the last message he had sent before the new one that rolled in after Noah posted the photo.

Ashton: Did your phone get hacked?

Noah smirked as he read the message, but didn't type a response.

We watched the three dots appear and disappear.

Then finally...

Ashton: Callie...? Was that photo taken today?

But Noah kept letting him stew.

I wanted to reach for it. But I also didn't want to reach over Noah, too scared of touching him. Too scared my stump would slip out from its hiding spot.

And then my phone started ringing, Ashton's name displaying across the screen.

Noah let it ring for a few moments until finally he swiped the green call button, bringing the phone to his ear.

"Callie's phone," he said.

I couldn't hear Ashton's reply, but I didn't feel good about this. Even if the guy had terrible ideals... he didn't deserve being deceived like this. But what was I supposed to say?

Ashton, I just wanted to tick you off my stupid kiss list?

Ashton, sorry I led you on and wasted seven weeks of your time, but I don't actually like you?

"Noah," Noah then said, evidently answering a question that probably sounded like 'who's this'?

Noah rolled his eyes.

"Hashimoto... Yes, Sara's brother... She's in the bathroom right now... thought I stop in and see Callie while she was gone... No, Sara doesn't know we are hooking up behind her back... It's only casual. She does it with a lot of people... Sorry, mate, but you've been lead on... Callie is... preoccupied right now... No, you can't speak to her... Because I don't want you to... Yeah, sure, okay. Just you try..." Noah shook his head and hung up the phone, passing it back to me.

"What did he say?" I squeaked, heart stammering about the fact that Noah had even uttered the words that we were 'hooking up'... The fact that he could say this all at such ease was honestly making me feel deflated. Because surely he'd be somewhat hesitant doing this if he did like me... right? Or was he doing this because he didn't want any guy—

I shook the thought, tuning into Noah's response before I missed it. "That he doesn't believe you're like that and he will just ask you in person because evidently I've stolen your phone."

"But there's picture proof," Lexi said from across the room.

Noah shrugged. "He thinks it's an old photo and that I just hacked Callie's phone as a prank."

Lexi's eyes narrowed. "But he can still assume you two once..." Yet she didn't finish her sentence, shaking her head instead before saying, "I don't know why I'm questioning his train of thought. We know the guy is stupid considering he's a racist."

"Racist?" Noah asked.

Sara filled her brother in on Ashton's comments on Flynn—and my heart sank hearing all these people talk about him. I hadn't even told Flynn what Ashton said. Though knowing Flynn had Ashton on insta... surely he knew some of the thoughts his 'friend' thought or could have possibly said to me.

Noah shrugged off the conversation though and walked away from me towards the door, announcing he had 'done all he could' and the 'rest was up to me'.

"Thanks, Noah," I mumbled as he opened the door.

Turning around, eyes warmly meeting mine, he said, "Anything for my sister's bestie." Then he briefly glanced at Lexi.

"Thanks," Lexi said with a smile, and Noah returned it with a nod. Then he slipped out of the room and it was just us.

Moving Lexi's pillow off my leg, I shimmied back to the floor, pulling my knees to my chest as my mind ran over the events that just passed, not believing it was all real and slightly scared of what Monday would bring with confronting Ashton.

But as Lexi and Sara began to discuss potential other options to scare Ashton away, my phone dinged once more.

Hands shaking at the idea of having to confront Ashton again, I reluctantly pulled down my notification bar to get a sneak peek of his message, but then my heart stopped as I saw Flynn's name.

"What does he want?" Lexi asked.

But I shook my head. "It's not him."

"Who?" Sara asked.

"Flynn."

The two stopped pressing me, sharing a coy smile with each other, before going back to their conversation of getting rid of Ashton, all the while I opened Flynn's message.

Flynn: So... kiss list is over?

Me: No.

He sent me a stream of thinking emojis.

Flynn: Care to explain the image? Are you brilliant at photoshop now? Because that looks a LOT like Noah.

Me: It is Noah... He was helping me get rid of Ashton.

Flynn: Oh... he couldn't help you with adding a smooch to finalise your list?

He didn't deserve my response, but heart still reeling in pain from all the events had just passed and for some reason still upset that when I opened my eyes before I was disappointed it was Noah next to me and not the boy I was currently texting...

Me: Eager to be done with me that much?

My eyes widened as I realised I hit send on it.

Then they blew up even further as seen appeared.

And then as I watched the three dots appear and disappear, as though he wasn't sure what to reply.

I began to type an apology, but his response stopped me.

Flynn: You won't get rid of me when the kiss list is done, Callie. I'm helping you BECAUSE we're friends. List or not, I'm still going to be using you as my excuse to be late to maths and to get your help with my assessment... and to make you laugh when you're having a rough day.

My eyes began to well with tears as I read his text. Then, ever so slowly, I lowered my phone, away, unsure how to respond to his words.

I took a few steady breaths, Lexi and Sara still unaware of me and too focussed on their plans around Ashton.

But after I was finished gaining my composure, I opened my messages to Flynn again and typed a reply. It wasn't anything much, but I didn't know how to express what I felt without saying too much...

Me: I'm glad to hear that. I really am. And I'm glad you're my friend, Flynn.

Flynn: Of course you are. I'm a hoot.

Corners of my lips turning up, I sent him a couple of eyeroll emojis.

Flynn: So... the hickey... Noah or Ashton?

Me: I assure you the 'kiss' in the photo with Noah is all that happened. Sara and Lexi were on the other side of the room.

Flynn: So Ashton is well and truly crossed off then...

Flynn: Unless he went straight for hickeys... which would be weird. But hey, each to their own?

Me: He is thankfully crossed off. If I can shake him.

Flynn: The photo of you kissing another guy wasn't enough?

Me: Afraid not. Nor was the phone call with Noah.

Flynn: PHONE CALL?

Flynn: Dude commits... Respect. No wonder you like him ;)

My lips pressed together at his words, as my heart whispered a little, Do I?

Shaking it, I then said:

Me: Unfortunately Ashton thinks he can talk it out with me tomorrow.

Flynn: Ouch... when do you see him?

Me: First up in history.

Flynn: That's going to be awkward... Hold it together. If need be, we can continue Noah's jealousy tactic.

Me: What do you mean?

Flynn: I mean... We can put on a couple show to scare him off ;D

My fingers paused, heart stammering for a moment, but I pushed on as I told myself it doesn't mean what I want it to mean.

Me: If we put on a show, then the plethora of people who think we ARE dating are just going to assume they were right. Then all that work telling them we aren't is for nothing.

Me: I still need to tick off more people on the list... People need to know we're just friends.

Flynn: I know, I know, Callie... Never let a guy dream.

I closed my eyes as his words made my heart throb. Would Flynn feel bad if he knew how much his antics hurt me? It would surely get him to stop but... would that make our friendship less fun? Would he distance himself from me? I couldn't have that...

Me: Some guys can dream... not you.

Flynn: Yeah, yeah... I know. But we could plant more hickeys on you. That might throw him.

I shook my head, wondering just exactly who he suggests gives me them... So I said all I could to end the conversation.

Me: Lexi and Sara are planning something, so it's all good. If that doesn't work... then we will go with your idea.

Flynn: Aye aye!

Flynn: Although... I'm a little mad that he gave you a hickey.

Me: Why?

Flynn: It's very territorial... Like he was hoping it would scare off others. I mean, you two only went to the movies, right?

Me: Yeah. He did it in the cinema.

Flynn: Exactly. Like he wants people to know he did it to you when they ask how you got it...

Me: I guess it happens in makeout sessions...

Flynn: It doesn't have to...

Flynn: We didn't.

My heart hammered again at his reference to the time in the cubby—something that felt like a lifetime ago.

Me: Yeah but you knew it was my first time kissing someone.

Flynn: I mean... the makeout wasn't >.>

I had to change the topic... before the wall of emotions resurfaced and would make facing Flynn more awkward tomorrow than facing Ashton.

Me: The difference between you and Ashton is that you're a good person.

Flynn: Oh shucks Callie... so sweet of you.

Flynn: But still... I should have given you a hickey while I was there if it's 'normal' for makeout sessions.

My brows furrowed as I read the message.

Me: That would have made it difficult with Fraser though. And you knew I was going to kiss him after.

Flynn: Fraser was too drunk to know which way was up or down. He wouldn't have noticed a hickey.

Me: Then... Why?

I didn't want to ask it, but his statement was hanging there... as though he almost wanted me to ask more.

Flynn: Because I thought I got to tick off all your first kiss types. First peck, first kiss with tongue, first makeout... Forgot hickeys are included in that.

Why would he... I began to ponder, but didn't let myself go there. I couldn't question why he'd want all my firsts.

So, in typical Flynn and Callie style, I did what we do best when things get awkward: I resorted to humour.

Me: Yeah well... you snooze, you lose.

Flynn: Indeed. I lost a lot.

What does that mean?

"What do you think, Callie?" Sara then asked.

Ripping my eyes from my phone, I responded, "About what?"

She shook her head, eyes glancing to my phone. "Do you hear nothing when you're glued to that thing or is it just because it's Flynn?"

I knew we could all tell my face was flushing as those words exited her mouth. Nonetheless, I said, "Give me a second."

Unlocking my messages with Flynn, I sent him a quick message before turning back to Sara and my sister.

Me: Gotta get back to the girls now. Have a good night.

I tried my best to ignore the ping that sounded a few seconds later, giving Sara and Lexi my full attention as they went over the backup plan for Monday if Ashton really still hadn't given up.

So... Ima ask again.

1) Team Flynn?

2) Team Noah?

Meme (actually a positive (ha, pun!) one for once)

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

13.2K 692 33
"Before this congregation New and Tay have given their consent and made their marriage vows to each other. They have declared their marriage by the j...
403K 17K 13
My books are written explicitly for a MATURE AUDIENCE. There will be some instances/scenes/suggestions of sexual acts and will portray gay relations...
96.3K 2.6K 57
Noa Carter, everyone knows her name, she has the money and she has the looks, her parents happen to be the head of school so she has the power. She's...