Summer Love - James Worpel

By gobulldogs_

It started out as a fling, but little did they know it would turn into something more than that. After it di... More

A/N & Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Epilogue

Chapter 29

202 6 89
By gobulldogs_

Friday night.

It felt like an eternity just to get to tonight. 

Especially having to go to school and teach a 6 periods. 

That's what happens when you have two health and one psych classes. 

Anyways. School was alright. 

I basically taught the kids based on the agenda I created and surprisingly, got through all the content for the double lesson, which I was super happy about as I didn't have to set any homework. Which I hate doing because then I'll have to collect books and check if they actually did it. 

I get home at around 4pm as the traffic was a pain in the ass. 

"Hey guys." I say dumping my stuff on the kitchen bench as Marcus slides over a coffee for me. 

"Hey little sis, how was work?" 

"Yeah good. Just a bit tiring considering it was a 6 on day." 

"Could imagine." Em says and I smile. 

"But it'll all make up for it tonight right?" Marcus says with a smile and I nod also smiling. 

"Sure it will." 

"Aw date with James." Em says and I smile. "You need to tell me everything that happens." 

"Of course I will, but right now, I need to finish this coffee and start getting ready." 

"Definitely! Can I do your makeup?" 

"You read my mind, I was just about to ask you." I say and she laughs. 

"Alright, I'll go set up." Em says clapping her hands together and running upstairs which makes both Marcus and I chuckle. 

"You know, I am so glad you and Em get along so well, I'd have no idea what I'd do if you two didn't." 

"Yeah well, she is an awesome person. It's hard not to like her." I say and Marcus nods. 

"Can agree with that." He says then he smiles. "But tonight isn't about me and Em, it's about you." 

"For once." 

"Yes for once." He says then he sighs. "Look Tahlia, I know I've been harsh on you in the past but all I want is for you to be happy. Seeing you heart broken over and over again makes me angry and upset. I just want the best for you and I really think James can give you that." He adds and I smile at his words. 

"Thanks Marcus. I guess I just don't want to end up the way I was a couple of years ago." 

"I can't guarantee anything, but I know Worps is a good guy who cares about you a lot. He's a special one, one you don't wanna lose." 

"I know. I just have a hard time trusting him because of what's happened." 

"I understand Tahls. And he understands too. Just take your time." Marcus says wrapping his arm around my shoulder and squeezing me, which makes me smile. I turn and wrap my brother in a hug, snuggling into his chest as he places a kiss on my forehead. 

"Love you." I say and he smiles. 

"Love you too, now go and get ready." 

"Good idea." I say getting up and walking upstairs with a massive smile on my face. 

It means the world to me that Marcus approves of James. He's the one who organised James to come over last Saturday and talk to me. He just wants me to be happy, and I love him so much for it. 

He know's I've been through hell with guys, and ever since Josh broke my heart, their friendship has been a bit rocky. Josh has become closer to Ads, which is fine because my brother doesn't care. But I do miss their friendship, it was ultimate. Guess I'm to blame for that.... 

Or maybe Josh is.... 

I walk into my room where Em has set up my desk into a salon. She has different makeup brushes, foundations, concealers, eyeshadows, every makeup product you could think of scattered across my desk. 

I take a seat across from Em who is eager to get started on my look. 

"So I know you want a natural look." 

"You know me too well." I say and she chuckles as she rubs some moisturiser on my face, before continuing to construct her art piece. 

It takes Em no longer then an hour to get my face done as half the time we were too busy talking about how gorgeous James is gonna look in a shirt. Before I tell her to hurry up as I'm going to be late. 

"Do you want some loose curls through your hair?" Em asks and I shrug. 

"I don't know.. I mean I'd like to but I think we've left it a bit late..." I say. "James likes to come early so I don't have much time.." 

"What time is he supposed to be picking you up?" 

"At 7." 

"It's only 6:30." 

"Yes, but I have to put my heels and dress on, grab a bag, put perfume..." I say just as the doorbell rings and I sigh. "Bet you that's him." I add, getting up and walking to my walk-in-robe where I take my clothes off and put the dress on, getting Em to zip me up. 

In the process of zipping me up, there's a knock on the door. 

"Yes?" I answer. 

"Worps is here Tahls." 

"Okay, tell him I won't be long." I say 

"Alright." My brother says before I hear him walk downstairs. 

"There, all zipped up." 

"Thank you." I say giving her a hug and she smiles. 

"No worries Tahls." She says as I take a seat on my bed to put my heels on. 

Once they're on, I run around my room searching for a bag that matches. I end up taking my black Chanel bag that Marcus bought me for my 21st birthday as it's really the only bag that suits the dress. 

I quickly spray some perfume, then walk down the stairs where I see James and Marcus having a beer. 

"Hey, sorry I took so long." I say walking up to the boys with a smile. 

James turns his head and looks at me, then smiles. 

"Wow, you look gorgeous." He says and I smile. 

"Thank you. So do you." I say and he smiles. 

"I was early anyways, I didn't expect you to be ready." 

"He came early to talk to his future brother in-law " Marcus jokes and I roll my eyes whilst Em laughs. 

"Very funny, let's get past the first date first yeah?" 

"Of course." James says wrapping an arm around me and I smile. 

I look at James and my god he is gorgeous. He is wearing a rolled up plain white shirt, with a couple of buttons undone, to deliberately show off his muscular chest, with some dark blue chino pants and brown loafer shoes. 

His biceps are popping out from his shirt and I reckon I need a tissue to wipe the drool because he is just too goddamn hot. 

"You ready to go beautiful? Or should I say Bella?" James says, imitating the perfect Italian accent and I laugh. 

"Yes, I'm ready." I say and he smiles. 

"Cool." 

"Lead the way gorgeous." I say and James smirks at me. 

"Have fun you two, but not too much fun... as much as I want to be an uncle, I don't think I'm ready for that..." Marcus jokes and I roll my eyes. 

"It's the first date Marcus, I do have some self-control." 

"I said the same thing on my first date but.." Em says and I sigh. 

"Don't finish that sentence, I don't wanna know." I say grabbing James' hand and puling him out the door. 

"Bye guys, have fun." Em says and I smile as James and I walk out the front door and to his car. 

James opens the door for me like a true gentleman and I get in. 

"What a gentleman.." I say once we're both in the car. 

"Gotta make a good impression." 

"You've already made one by wearing what you're wearing." I flirt and James raises an eyebrow. 

"Well, we'll see how much self-control you have." 

"You could've saved this outfit for like the 3rd date or something." I say and James chuckles. 

"It's all deliberate babe." 

"Can see that." 

"But can I say you look fucking stunning in that dress my god." He says and I smile. "Maybe you should've turned it down a notch too." 

"It's all deliberate babe." I repeat his words and he laughs as he reverses out of the driveway and drives down the street. 

"So how was your day?" He asks and I smile. 

"Yeah good, there was a fight at lunch today." 

"Really?" He says and I nod. 

"Yep, between year 10's and 12's." 

"10's and 12's? Aren't they petrified of the 12's?" 

"Nope, it's changed since we went to school." I say and he nods. 

"Figured." 

"Did you have to break it up?" 

"Yep, I was right in the middle of it." 

"Wow, go miss Bontempelli." He says and I chuckle. 

"Yeah, copped a few bruises, but they'll go away." I say and James nods, placing a hand on my thigh which makes goosebumps to arise on my skin. 

"Aw, do I need to kiss them better?" James flirts and I roll my eyes. 

"Will we even be able to make it to the restaurant?" 

"Don't know. We could turn around and go back to my joint." James says with a wink which makes butterflies appear in my stomach, but I roll my eyes again. 

"Very funny." I say and James smirks. 

"So where exactly are you taking me?" 

"It's a surprise." 

"I am going to murder you." 

"You wouldn't do that." 

"I sure would." 

"Then you'll have no one to kiss your bruises better." 

"I'll just find someone else." I say and James grabs his chest like he's been shot. 

"Ouch, so you'll replace me?" 

"Yep." 

"Maybe I should turn back around and take you home as punishment for that comment." 

"Hm nah, I'm hungry." 

"And you're lucky I like you." He says and I smile. 

"How was your day?" I ask and he nods. 

"Yeah good, boys had a praccy match today but I couldn't play cause of my suspension." 

"That's fucking bullshit." 

"It is, but at least I have more time to spend with you." He says placing his hand back on my thigh and I smile. 

"I'm not complaining about that." 

"Good, cause if it was up to me, I'd be seeing you every day." 

"So why don't you then?" 

"Cause we are busy people." He says and I nod. 

"True, forgot we both have jobs." I say and he laughs. 

"Bad yeah." He says just as he pulls into a carpark. 

"Do we have to walk?" I ask and he nods. 

"It's not that far trust me bubs." 

"Okay." I say, unbuckling my belt and getting out of the car once he's parked it in an empty spot. 

James grabs my hand and we walk to the restaurant. 

I look up at him and smile, loving how he still towers over me even in heels. 

Maybe it's because I'm a complete short-ass that any guy will be taller than me in heels. 

After about 5 minutes of walking we arrive at the restaurant. And by the name, I can already tell it's Italian. 

Macelleria. 

"Another Italian restaurant." I say and he chuckles. 

"I love Italian food." 

"You sure? Or you just trying to impress me?" 

"Maybe both." He says and I laugh as we wait for a waiter or waitress to serve us. 

"Hello, welcome to Macelleria, how can I help you today?" A waitress says and James smiles. 

"I've got a table for two under James Worpel booked for 7:30." He says and the waitress nods. 

"Yep, right this way." She says walking us over to a table which is kind of in a private area with no one around, and I couldn't worship James any more. 

We both take a seat and I smile. 

"This is fancy." I say and he chuckles. 

"Never been here before?" 

"Nope. Always walked past it but never gone in." I say and James nods. 

"Always the case." He says and I nod, then smile. 

I pick up the drinks menu that's in front of me and start having a look at a drink to have. 

I look up at James who is studying the menu intently and I smile. He is such a gorgeous boy. The way he frowns when he's focused reading something is just adorable. 

I am still staring at him when he looks up at me and smiles. 

"What?" 

"Nothing." I say. 

"There's obviously something." He says and I smile. 

"No, there's not." 

"You sure? Cause you were just staring at me for the past 5 minutes." 

"Was not." I say and he smirks. 

"Come on Tahls don't bullshit." 

"Alright fine maybe I was. I was looking at how insanely gorgeous you look right now." I say and James smiles, grabbing my hand and placing a kiss at the back of it. 

"What were you thinking of getting to drink?" James asks and I smile. 

"Probably the Pink Flamingo Rose, yourself?" 

"A peroni, even though I shouldn't be drinking, one can't hurt." 

"Facts." I say and he smiles just as a waitress comes over to take our drink orders. 

"So." I say. 

"So." James says as we both smile at each other, in awe. 

"Why am I nervous?" I ask and James smiles, grabbing my hand and giving it a reassuring squeeze. 

"Cause it's our first official date babe." 

"I guess." 

"In Noosa we didn't hold back and mainly hooked up." He says and I nod. 

"Yeah, now I don't know if that was a mistake or the right thing to do." 

"I reckon it was the right thing, cause then I wouldn't be sitting here today." 

"Maybe, maybe not. We could've crossed paths another way." 

"That's true, but I did enjoy my time in Noosa. Especially when you..." He says, then stops at the last bit before leaning in and finishing his sentence in my ear with a smirk. 

I smile, shaking my head at what he said. 

"I never said I didn't enjoy it." I say with a smirk and James nods. 

"Good. I thought I gave you a good time." He smirks and I nod. 

"You did. Our chemistry was just on another level." 

"Agreed." He says as the waitress brings us our drinks. 

"You guys ready to order?" 

"Not yet, give us another 10 minutes." James says and the waitress nods before walking away. 

I take a sip of my wine, soaking in the sweet flavour. 

"You know what my favourite part of Noosa was?" James asks. 

"What was it?" 

"When I saw you at the club for the first time. How gorgeous you looked, I just knew I couldn't leave the club without speaking to you." James admits and I smile. 

"Aw really?" 

"Yep." 

"That's so cute." 

"And so are you"

"So what are you thinking of getting?" I ask and James smiles, looking down at the menu. 

"Probably the carbonara, it's really good here apparently." 

"Hm, then I might just get that too then, nothing else is really appealing to me on the menu you know." 

"I get you." James says just as the waitress comes back, ready to take our orders. 

"Can we get two carbonara's please?" James asks and the waitress nods, writing down the order. 

"Yep anything else?" 

"Some garlic bread." I add and she nods. 

"Was that with cheese or without?" 

"No cheese." I say and she nods, writing it down. 

"Make the garlic bread come out first please." James says and she nods. 

"Yep, no worries, I'll just take your menu's." She says, grabbing the menu's off us and walking off, leaving James and I by ourselves. 

I look at him and smile. 

"You know what surprisingly the best part of Noosa was?" 

"What was it?" He questions with a smile. 

"Spending time with you." I say and he nods, then smiles. "I am glad I had you there to help cheer me up otherwise I have no idea what would've happened." 

"Well, it was fate that brought us together." 

"You reckon?" 

"Why else would we have crossed paths the way we did back then just for nothing to happen in the future?" James asks and I shrug. 

"I guess you're right." I say taking a sip of my wine and he smiles. 

For a couple of seconds, we stare at each other, admiring each other's beauty, before I decide to break the ice. 

"Your smile is adorable." I randomly blurt out causing James to laugh. 

"You just find it hard to resist yourself from me ay?" 

"Maybe..." I say and he laughs again. 

"Well, I'm glad you think my smile is adorable." 

"Just thought I'd point it out to you." I say and he nods. 

"Thanks for that." 

"Welcome." I say with a smile which makes him smile. 

"So, if you didn't become an AFL player, what would you have done with your life?" I ask and James smiles before taking a sip of his drink. 

"Hmm, I don't know. What could you picture me as." 

"Hmmm." I say having a bit of a think. "I reckon a fire man." 

"A fire man? That's interesting." He says and I shrug. 

"Either that or a stripper, you got the body and looks for it." I say and he laughs. 

"What if secretly I am a stripper." He says with a smirk. 

"Then I'd be offended you haven't shown me your moves." I say with a pout and he laughs again. 

"Well unfortunately for you I'm not a stripper so don't expect any shows." He smirks and I sigh. 

"Damn, what a shame." I say. "This dates over." I say starting to get up as a joke before sitting back down again. 

"I'm just intrigued you think I'd be a fireman." 

"Either that or a hot P.E teacher." I say which makes him laugh. 

"So not just a regular P.E teacher? A hot one?" 

"Yep. And if you taught high school you'd have all the teenage girls drooling over you." 

"You sure just teenage girls? Or not teachers too?" James flirts and I shrug. 

"Maybe teachers too." 

"Well, I wouldn't blame them, I don't work out for nothing." He says lifting his arm up to flex his biceps which makes me drool. 

"Be careful, you might bust your shirt if you keep flexing." I say and he smiles. 

"I'm sure you wouldn't mind." 

"You know me too well Worpel." I say and he smiles, just as our food comes and we dig in. 

"This is so good." I say and he nods. 

"It definitely is." 

"What would you be if you weren't a physio/teacher."

 "Hmm, I don't know, maybe a stay at home wife of a rich man or something." I say which makes James laugh 

"Any specific type of rich man?" 

"Maybe a footy or soccer player." 

"Uh huh. You know I'm pretty loaded." He boasts and I nod. 

"How much we talking." 

"Over a mill easy." 

"I need to see proof honey." 

"Once we're together you'll see proof, until then it's kept a secret." 

"Damn." I say and James smiles. "You being for real though?" 

"Yes I am." 

"I won't believe it until I see it." 

"And you will see it, once we're together." He says wiping his mouth with a napkin, having already finished his meal. 

"Alright fine fine, I'll stop asking." 

"It's not like you don't have money. Surely Marcus gives you heaps for your birthday or something." 

"Just special occasions." 

"How much did you get for your 18th?" 

"2 grand." 

"WHAT?" 

"Yep." 

2 fucking grand?" 

"Yep." I say and James shakes his head. 

"What about your 21st?" 

"3..." 

"You're joking," 

"I'm not." 

"You've got to have most of that still saved right?" 

"Obviously." 

"So you really don't need a rich man." James says and I shrug. 

"More money the better." 

"Gold digger." James teases and I roll my eyes. 

"I'm not a gold digger, if that was the case I would've married you on the spot right now once you told me that you got over a mill." 

"Fair point." He says as we both finish up our meals. 

We sit there talking for a bit longer, ordering a couple more drinks, well I do anyway, before we decide to make the bold decision to end the night. 

We walk back to the car and of course, with me having a few drinks, I'm in a flirty, giggly mood...

James' POV:  

"How do you manage to look so hot?" Tahlia asks as she watches me drive out of the carpark and I chuckle to myself. 

"I don't know, I guess I'm just naturally good looking." I shrug, smirking at he remark even though she is slightly tipsy, I will take a compliment when I can. 

"Can agree with that." She says. "I don't know what's wrong with me." She adds. "Why am I so stupid?" 

"You're not stupid." I say looking over at her as we've stopped at a red light. 

"How can I not be stupid. I have you right here in front of me and I still think you're going to fucking hurt me when you've proved to me a thousand times already you won't." She says, her voice breaking and I sigh, grabbing her face so she can look at me. 

"Tahlia, don't blame yourself please. I will be waiting for you no matter what. How ever long it takes I'll be here. You've been through hell with relationships so I don't expect you to be ready straight away." I say and she nods. "So whenever you're ready bubs, I'm here okay?" 

"Okay." She says before I focus my attention back on the road just in time for the light to turn green. 

The rest of the drive home was better. We went back to flirting and joking which I was happy about. I hate it when I see her so upset about not being with me, about taking too long. 

I know that deep down she just wants to jump into the deep end, and be with me, but I know she has been through too much to do that. I wouldn't want to break her even more then she has already been. If I was to break her heart she will never love again. That's how much she's been through. But I want to do things the right way, let her decide when she's ready. 

I'd rather we get together in 5 years time and last, then get with her now and it goes to shit because we're both not ready. 

As much as it fucking hurts not to be able to kiss her, and touch her, and cuddle her whenever I want, I will respect her wishes and wait. 

We finally arrive at her house so I pull up in the driveway. I turn my head to look at her and see that she's fallen asleep. 

I lightly shake her to wake her up. 

"Tahlia bubs, I've brought you home, we're here." I say softly and she groans, turning her head away from me like a little kid would when their parents wouldn't carry them out of the car and to bed. 

"Come on, let's go inside." I say shaking her lightly again, but there's no response. 

I sigh, she's not gonna budge. 

I turn the car off and walk up to the front door, ringing the doorbell and waiting for someone to open it. 

I am greeted by Bont who smiles when he see's me. 

"Hey mate, how was it?" 

"Yeah good. I just am wondering if I can carry Tahls up to her room, she's fallen asleep in the car." 

"Good good. Nah mate that's fine, you're also welcome to stay the night, it's pretty late to be driving home." 

"Nah I should be fine." 

"Doors open." Bont says and I nod as I walk back to the car and open the passenger side door, slowly unbuckling the seat belt and lifting Tahlia up in my arms, before kicking the door shut. 

I carry her through the front door and up the stairs, straight to her bedroom, where I place her gently on the bed. 

Bont comes up in order to help try and wake her up as neither of us want to leave her like this in the gorgeous dress she's wearing. 

"Tahls." I say softly shaking her and she groans. 

"If you need to kiss her do it." Bont teases and my head snaps around to see him with a smirk on his face and I shake my head. 

"She's not gonna like that." 

"Well, we're running out of options here mate." 

"Alright fine." I say leaning in and placing a kiss on her cheek, whilst stroking her hair. 

"Tahls." I say softly and she finally opens her eyes. I look at Bont who stands there with his arms crossed, leaning against the doorframe and I roll my eyes. 

"Hey." I say and she smiles sitting up. 

"Hey, did you carry me to bed?" 

"Well, you didn't wanna get up so it was the only way." I say and she nods. 

"Alright well thanks for that." She says placing a kiss on my cheek before signalling her brother to leave which he does. 

"I really enjoyed tonight." She says and I nod. 

"Same bubs same." I say as I look into her eyes, lifting my hand up to caress her face, before tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. 

I want to kiss her so fucking bad, but I know that I shouldn't as we agreed to take things slow. 

"I'll see you soon yeah?" I ask standing up and she nods. 

"Definitely." 

"Good night gorgeous." I say placing a kiss on the top of her head which makes her smile. 

"Good night handsome." She says which makes me smile. 

I walk out of her room, closing the door behind me before heading downstairs where Marcus is standing in the kitchen waiting to talk to me. 

"You sure you don't wanna stay?" 

"Nah, maybe next time." I say and he nods. 

"Alright well, thanks for tonight, I can see you really brighten up her world." Bont says and I nod. 

"Well, I try." I shrug and Bont chuckles as he walks me out. 

I hop into my car and drive off, waving goodbye to Bont who has surprisingly become one of my best mates since I met Tahlia.... 

***

Over 4000 words... 

 Bit of a long chapter this one! But was so worth it. 

How cute was Worps carrying Tahls to her room without waking her up. He is such a sweetheart. 

Remember to vote and comment 

Just letting everyone know that I will be updating on a Wednesday and Friday from now on. 

Next update out Friday!!!! 

Also, Go Dogs❤️🤍💙 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.9K 1K 150
A Marcus Bontempelli Story Catie O'Sullivan, a famous musician running away from her seemingly wonderful life unexpectedly meets her match when she's...
158K 2K 69
Dog park love connection (This started as a one shot but has turned into a story)
10.9K 108 38
It must be meant to be when two people parted ways and then keep getting reconnected with one another. But it all turns when it ends up in a love t...
3.4K 85 8
After a brutal breakup, you rekindle an old friendship with George when you pretend to date each other. But what happens when you actually start to c...