Spongebob Squad

By storytime_ro

*mystery, funny, teen fiction, romance, thriller* "He walked away, while whispering: "Trust me, telling you... More

Before
PART ONE.1
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
14.
15.
16.

13.

91 13 21
By storytime_ro

So... All right. I'm shocked.

Ben was right or Aidan just went crazy???

But I didn't had time to be much surprised because I had to fix what he did fast.

"Oh, why did you tried that, Aidan, you are so drunk" I said laughing (trying to not sound THAT FAKE).

Rebecca was shocked too. But her face did not betray any jealousy, only... fear?

Fear? Why fear?

"I don't think so" Ben said smiling in a evil way. "I mean, Jennifer, you are actually the hottest here"

Yes, yes, thanks for help, dick.

"No, he is drunk for sure. He would never do this awake" said Alessa giving Aidan a pity glare.

The first time Alessa's dumbness has a use in this world.

"Yes, I mean, we're all a little dizzy, right?" I said and I giggled like my stupid desk mate from 5th class who was such a pick me back then.

But I wasn't drunk at all and I knew Aidan only had a few shots and some vodka, so... maybe he is sensitive at alcohol? I hoped so.

Aidan was silent all evening but now it was too much. Like say something and escape what you just did, you moron, don't let all the hard work on me!

But he was just sitting there and panicking (remembering me of how I handle with maths problems), I could see that from his increased breath.

"Aidan, are you okay?" I asked.

Rebecca told Adian angrily:
"Come with me!"

Oh, so now it's starting to get normal: jealousy, finally!

Rebecca grabbed Aidan's hand and they went upstairs. Her heels were trotting on the expensive wood staircase.

We were sitting in silence.

"Damn, blondie, you know how to steal men!" Brian broke the silence (Ben's best friend).

"No, I didn't... you... God, he was drunk" I tried to defence myself.

"Probably, but still! You know what they say: When you're drunk, you say and do only truths" continued Brian.

After that, Alessa, Brian, Victoria and the others at the table started asking me stuff like: You were only friends before? Didn't he kissed you then? etc. and after 5 minutes everyone at the party knew what happened.

Holly crap. I had to get my ass outta there. Right now.

But Léa... I have to take her home too.

I managed to escape from all the people (mostly boys) who drove me crazy with their stupid questions and I ran upstairs.

And I had the surprise to see how huge is this place AGAIN, now that I gave it a second look.

I went to Rebecca's room, where Léa was supposed to sleep. On the way I could hear Rebecca and Aidan talking. Talking and not fighting? That made me curious. Maybe he found a way to calm her.

I got close to the door which their voices could be heard.

"Jesus, Aidan, you are aware of what you just fucking did?" Rebecca's voice was loud and angry.

"I know, I know, but you don't understand..."

"No, I understand perfectly! You are a dick who cares only about himself and doesn't give a shit about all I did for him"

I should have stopped listening because it sounded like a regular fight between two love birds. And I was actually surprised that Rebecca wasn't more furious than that. Maybe I was wrong about her peevish attitude.

No, Jennifer, stop saying you are wrong. You don't know anything about this. And don't forget how she behave when I asked her about California. She's acting all sus.

I had almost walked away from the door when I heard:

"Think how you could have ruined everything, if that Jennifer friend of yours wouldn't have helped you with it and said you were drunk. At least she is not as stupid as you"

What?

I went back and I pressed my ear to the door.

"And that's the problem, actually. She's not stupid at all, so she'll probably figure out..."

She lowered her voice so I couldn't hear anything more than some whispers and some lost words: you are, no, can.

Then I heard Aidan's answer: "It's so hard, it's almost..."

Then he lowered his voice too. I stood there for another 3 minutes trying to hear something else.

Suddenly, the door opened taking me for granted. I barely had time to jump behind it. Normally, Rebecca would have seen me easily, but she was so angry that she passed me immediately. I stood there frozen, waiting for Aidan to leave too.

"Jen, what are you doing here?"
Aidan's head popped out from the other side of the door. His hair was dishevelled.

I almost jumped.
"God, you scared the shit outta me"

He looked at me suspicious.
"Did you..."

"Oh, no, I was just passing by to grab Léa and leave, when I heard Rebecca going out of this room and I wasn't really in the mood to see her after... you know... what you did"

I wanted to make him feel guilty. It wasn't fair what Aidan did. He literally risked my reputation for what? Fun?

Unless it wasn't just fun. But I'm going to stop thinking about this.

"Oh, yes, I'm sorry, I guess" he said, moving his head on one side.

You guess? You should be!

"Aidan, you seemed a little off at this party... are you okay?" I asked, trying to keep my calm.

"Yes, it's just I..."

"...don't like places crowded with people and perfume" I completed his sentence.

I remembered how he always used to say that. It was his only excuse for not being invited to parties until this year, because he was such a loser, we were all losers before.

Aidan smiled and looked me in his eyes.

Deep, brown, deep.

Alright, alright, stop looking at him.

I looked away fast. I hated that feeling, of recognition. He hadn't looked me in my eyes since I don't know when. Smiled to me? Same thing. I felt like we were Spongebob and Calamar again, at his house, maybe watching Us or Lights out, him making jokes about how short is Alessa's new skirt, me hitting his eye with popcorn, his mom entering continously in his room to remind us we have homework to do.

I miss that. And that's why I hate it.

"Why'd do that?" I asked Aidan suddenly.

He knew what I was talking about.

"You drank too less to get so drunk" I said. "I know now you definitely aren't even close to dizzy"

Aidan lowered his head. We sat like that for 1 minute. I was too embarrassed to say anything more.

"I wish I could tell you" he broke the silence. "But you wouldn't understand. Neither would Lèa or Mike"

In that moment, all my cute and shy attitude (if I ever had something like that) went to the trash. All the anger I reached this night flew out. Rebecca sitting in Aidan's lap, Neil trying to get closer to my body, Ben laughing sarcastically, everyone looking at me like a slut. I hated every single piece of this. So fuck it.

"You aren't just selfish, a bad friend, a motherfucking hypocrite and a player, you also don't care, right? You don't care how everything we created, The Spongebob Squad, our friendship, our dreams about this year, they had all been destroyed by you. So don't act like you are the victim here! And, woah, you actually remembered your friend's names! That's impressive! You don't understand, everything, and I mean, everything, went down since you stopped hanging with us. Why? Yes, why? Because we weren't too good for you? Oh, no, you can't tell me, can you? Cause I wouldn't understand, right?"

I breathed heavily and I felt my heart beating fast as Flash can run. I finally said what I wanted to, in his fucking face.

Aidan wasn't surprised at all. More like sad, I'd say. No, he was actually almost crying. I felt bad instantly and my anger went away immediately.

"I... I'm sorry, I didn't meant to..."

But I actually did meant to hurt him. I wanted that since he did all of this to me. But now I'm not so sure it was the best decision.

"It doesn't matter anyway" he answered. His voice was deep and trembling a little.

He walked away, while whispering:

"Trust me, telling you is the thing I want to do the most"
Before I could add something, he went downstairs.

I have to get Léa and move our asses out of this coursed place. Now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90.2K 6.1K 85
✨COMPLETED✨ I took a few steps before I stopped to face him again. "Jay?" I said, barely above a whisper. "Hmm?" "I love you. You know that right?" I...
Collide By Macey

Teen Fiction

20.6K 772 24
They were the best of friends for six summers in a row then she disappeared. She comes back as the new girl but changed from the girl in the summer...
48 0 22
Gabby Goodwin has a questionable sense of style, no filter whatsoever, and horrible taste in the opposite sex, and that's just the tip of her problem...
Fall for me By _bergundy

Mystery / Thriller

167 54 24
Erin and Stiles have been friends forever. Literally, since being in the womb. They shared an awkward first kiss when they were young and their frien...