Jade

By gloomyblueberry

Izuku Midoriya had had enough of the world's obvious bias against him. He didn't care anymore, he would chang... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
not a chapter.
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Filler
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
Part 61
Part 62
Part 63
Part 64
Part 65
Part 66
Part 67
Part 68

Part 52

2K 88 37
By gloomyblueberry

Just to be clear, that dude's name is pronounced "Lennard" not like Leonardo from the Ninja Turtles, that name's hella cool.

Lennard but spelled Leonard.

Thank you for your time, enjoy.

-----------------------------------------------------------

He needs a tetanus shot.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Izuku walked into the emergency room with his hood up, there were nurses and doctors running around tending to victims of car accidents and mishaps at home and children who broke a limb because they did some reckless stunt so no one paid attention to a 5'5" boy walking through the mayhem, they didn't have the luxury of paying attention to him.

His mask had been taken off and his heavy, laboured steps moved towards the pharmacy. With his head down he asked the druggist for a tetanus shot and a needle and thread but the woman didn't hear through the mix of sounds.

"Sorry sweetheart, what did you say?" She asked and pushed her glasses up her nose, the beaded string that was attached to them made a clacking sound when they hit eachother.

"I just wanted a tetanus shot, I uh got a scratch from this rusted pole..." he said the first thing that came to his mind and decided to stitch up his wound at home so he didn't seem suspicious.

"Where's your mum?"

He froze.

"Uh she's... she's just waiting outside with the car, my m-mum's a doctor so I just need the syringe and she'll be able to give it to me."

"Oh! Anywhere I'd know her from?" Chiharu-san -as her name tag said- tried to make small talk.

Unfortunately, he didn't have the bloody time for small talk. The gauze on his wound was almost soaked through with blood and his vision was going in and out.

"Probably not, we moved here a few weeks ago" Izuku anxiously said "well that's a shame, where does she work?"

"I really don't want to take up your time and I'm in a bit of a hurry, I can tell you're busy Chiharu-san so could I just get the shot, please?" Izuku tried his luck at speeding the process up. "I'll get out of your hair right after." He spoke again.

"Alright darling, I'll be right back. Get your money ready it's 23.60" she pushed off her stool and went into the back to get the syringe.

He took his phone out and pulled his phone case off to see a 20 and 10 dollar bill, not having the time or patience to wait for change he just waited for the pharmacist to get back so he could leave with the medicine soon.

He had to get home with only an hour left.

His house was on the other side of town.

In conclusion, he needed to get all the way across town while his right hip was dripping his already minimal blood and stitch it up; all in under an hour.

"Here you go sweetheart." As soon as Chiharu-san placed the syringe in front of him he grabbed it and put the money on the counter, leaving before she could comprehend what was going on.

Izuku rushed home and stumbled multiple times on his way but he kept on. If Aizawa knew that he snuck out then he was in a world of trouble.

After the mall fiasco Izuku could barely go to the backyard without his dad freaking out and he had just gone on a spree of fighting alley thugs in the middle of the night.

He had no idea how much time had passed but he could vaguely make out the balcony to his room. That was bad because if he could see it from how far he was, it meant the sun was rising.

After reaching his backyard he climbed up the wooden trellis that was covered in passionfruit flowers next to his balcony, he painfully made it over the railing and slid into his room, groaning as he shoved the door to his bathroom open.

Izuku grabbed the first aid kit from under his sink and pushed the toilet lid down so he could sit on it and pulled his hoodie off his torso, letting his scar covered body feel the cold air.

He pulled the gauze off as gently as he could and soon his wound was exposed. He took the bottle of rubbing alcohol and poured it on his hands, then he poured some onto his hip to clean it again, he drenched some cotton with the alcohol and cleaned a needle.

Emma and Steve walked into the bathroom to see Izuku struggling to thread a needle with his quivering fingers, they hadn't seen him in this state for a while but having lived with him for well over two years at that dingy apartment, they were used to seeing him like this.

Izuku finally got the thread through and tied a knot to keep the string from coming loose.

After grabbing a towel and putting it in his mouth he took a deep breath and brought the flesh as close as it would go, he was surprised he hadn't passed out already.

He pushed the needle in and began suturing it, groaning every time his grip on the needle slipped. The towel helped keep him from screaming bloody murder.

After a grueling amount of time he was finished and the bleeding had finally stopped, he poured the alcohol on the tender skin again and hissed at the pain but continued, he put gauze over it again and cleaned up his surroundings, getting rid of any blood by using the faucet. He grabbed the febreeze and covered up the scent of iron.

As he was putting it back into the cupboard he saw the syringe, he sighed and cleaned up a spot on his upper arm using a cotton pad and rubbing alcohol.

He pulled the plastic cap off the needle with his teeth and pushed it into his arm then pushed the barrel down to inject it.

He sighed and threw it into the dustbin, then he tidied up and swallowed a few iron supplements dry.

His head was cloudy and his body felt heavy as lead but he needed to eat something, just to be on the safe side of things.

He needed to drink water and eat something because he knew he wasn't gonna wake up for a while and with how much blood he lost he didn't need to take any chances.

After somehow making it down the stairs he downed an entire jug of milk and two bananas.

He laboured back up the stairs without giving his sleeping father a second glance. After reaching his bed he layed on his back with a pillow under his legs and sleep took over immediately.

°•°•°•°•°•°

"Kid"

"Kiddo"

"Wake up"

"Hmm What?" Izuku asked sleepily.

"You've been asleep all day, are you packed for tomorrow?" Aizawa asked from where he was sitting on the edge of the bed.

"I uh- yeah, I'm packed, I got everything ready on Wednesday." Izuku groaned out and stretched but stopped immediately when he felt the tight skin on his hip.

"What time is it?" He asked with his face still smushed against the bed, his pillows pushed to the side.

"7pm" the black haired man said and gave a curious look to Emma who was sitting in front of Izuku's stomach and Steve who was near his head.

"Your cats won't let me touch you" Aizawa said and tried to place a hand on Izuku's forehead Steve pawed at it and hissed.

"Yeah okay, bye dad" Izuku said and closed his eyes, trying to go back to sleep again but Aizawa rolled his eyes and pulled him up by his shoulders.

"You've slept enough, let's get dinner." Izuku tried sounding calm but it mostly came out as a pained groan.

"Are...are you okay?"

"Hmm?" His voice raised by atleast three octaves with his lips pursed together.

"Me? Never been better!" He pathetically answered. "Must've slept weird, I'm uh sore...yeah, sore" Izuku came up with an excuse but at the end he just looked proud of having come up with something believable.

"Alright well I have a surprise for you" Aizawa said and sat back down on the bed. "What is it?" Izuku questioned as he layed back down while using his left arm for support.

"We're going out." Aizawa smiled proudly.

"You mean we're leaving the house?" Izuku asked while trying to hide his guilt with a smile.

"Yeah I figured you were tired of staying at home" Izuku nodded his head as his wide eyes betrayed him and guilt swam through them.

"So we're gonna go to that McDonald's down the street" Izuku grinned as best he could. "I'll be down in a minute, just need to get dressed." Aizawa nodded and left the room after ruffling his hair before Steve hit him.

Izuku dragged his palm over his face and grimaced as soon as he heard the door close, if only Aizawa knew that he'd been out less than 24 hours ago.

He groaned as he got off the bed -his head spinning immediately but he pushed it away- and went to his bathroom where he pulled the bandage off his hip to see the stitches holding together and the skin taut, the small line was an irritated red color.

The problem wasn't that it was long -it was just about two or three inches- the only issue was that it was deep.

There were more issues within the flesh because Leonard had pulled at the corkscrew and it ripped the inside.

He needed to somehow trick Chiyo into healing him or he might be in trouble but hey, it wouldn't be the first time he broke a limb on purpose.

After he redressed the wound he looked in the mirror and hated what he saw.

He despised everything about himself, from the top to bottom, he was about to bury his fist into the mirror before he realised it would cost his father money so he just clicked his tongue and harshly threw water at it.

He changed into sweatpants and a shirt with tiny cacti printed on it, small enough that you wouldn't know what they were if you weren't already looking for it.

On his way out he slipped on a zip up hoodie and scratched the back of Steve's ears, leaving with a jealous Emma at his feet.

The cats were wary of his injuries, well except for Albie since he wasn't used to Izuku being injured so when he was about to get off the shelf and onto Izuku's shoulder Steve lost it and Izuku had to break up the little fight that ensued on the floor.

"I'm fine, thank you though" Izuku said to Steve with a fond smile and gave him a kiss on his forehead, wondering if the cat could understand what he said.

"You ready?" He heard Aizawa call from the pantry.

"Yeah, I'll just get my shoes on." Izuku replied and went to the shoe rack, deciding against the sneakers because he'd have to bend down so he took dark brown loafers from the top shelf, where they kept the fancy shoes.

Aizawa had bought him a pair for the press conference and he hadn't used them since but he didn't want to put any unnecessary pressure on his hip.

He just slipped then on and stared at his hastily thrown outfit.

"We're going to a fastfood joint, not a ball" Aizawa said from behind when he saw Izuku's shoes and Izuku sighed. "I don't know, felt like it." He looked up and stepped to the door. "Well I'm no one to give you fashion advice so go crazy kid."

"We should go before it gets dark."

They walked out the door and and started their ten minute walk to McDonald's but 5 minutes in, Izuku realised his green hair was loose and that meant people could see it, which could lead to being recognized.

"Dad, I forgot my disguise." He said and pulled his hood up.

"you wanna head back and order in?" Aizawa offered but Izuku shook his head.

"I'll just keep my hood on, do you have glasses on you?" Aizawa reached into his coat pocket for his reading glasses and handed them to Izuku. "Okay, this should do right?" He asked after placing them on his nose, his vision getting slightly hazy but it wasn't bad. Aizawa had a skeptical look on his face.

"We'll manage, it's alright." Izuku assured him and soed up when he saw the yellow 'M' sign.

"Come on, I'm so goddamn hungry." He hurried with his father walking at the same speed.

They found a table at the upper level -which was less crowded- where Izuku stayed behind while Aizawa ordered for them, two happy meals.

Izuku kept his head down and bit his nails, there wasn't a lot left of them, simply stubs on his fingers but he bit them off anyway because it was either his finger nails or his lip and the lip was more noticeable.

"I didn't know which toy you wanted so I took the car and I got you this little fuzzy thing." Aizawa placed the yellow tray on the table and smiled, shoving the pink, plastic wrapped toy to Izuku.

"Thanks, I like uhhh pink" Izuku said and shoved it into his hoodie pocket.

Izuku kept his head down the entire time with his hoodie pulled taut so none of his hair was visible.

"I should start using my contacts again" he said when he looked at the powerless screen of his cell phone reflecting his face.

"Hmm" Aizawa agreed and started eating.

"You're supposed to start with the fries, dad."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 52K 98
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
569K 20.6K 95
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
698K 22K 66
DONT READ IF YOU DONT WANT SPOILERS. EVERYTHING IS SPOILER IN HERE. READ AT YOUR OWN WILL. ALSO ITS FANFICTION. All for one breaks out He destroys e...
1.1M 19.1K 44
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...