Unrequited Love | MYG āœ…

By Nora_Joy_author

1 Producer, 7 Idols, 1 Grammy to Capture! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ When Lily, a passionate music producer and son... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
~ fin ~
~ A note to my readers ~
Coming to Wattpad 2022
Surprise Release!
Want to go another adventure?
New Release for the Holidays!
Did you know I made this book into a series?

Chapter Twenty Two

3K 154 8
By Nora_Joy_author

"Absolutely, Sung-Ho," I say into my cell phone, JK knocks on my studio door, and I wave him to come in.

"No, that is fine. I always carry my company credentials with me. No, that's okay. I will have plenty of time to get ready. Yes, I will dress nicely. Sung-Ho, you know I would never let you down. Yes, Sir, I will be there. You know my heart is always about NORAE first. See you then."

I sigh heavily and end my call, a frown forming on my lips. JK looks at me thoughtfully from his spot on the couch. He's adorable, wearing jeans and a light blue sweatshirt. His hair has been dyed back to black, and I can't help but smile.

At first, I thought there was an attraction between JK and me, and he is very handsome, but over time I've realized we really just bonded over our mutual love of singing, and our relationship is more of a blossoming friendship that I find quite endearing. He is sweet and thoughtful in the most unexpected ways, and I've grown to love working with him in the studio.

"Good Morning, JK. I like your new hair. Very handsome!"

"Thanks, Lily! Are you okay? I wasn't trying to eavesdrop, but I heard part of your call."

"I just found out I have to go to the awards show tonight and network backstage for NORAE. I love my company, but I don't exactly love this part of the business," I sigh while rolling my eyes.

I cross the room and sit down on the opposite side of the couch from him and tuck my legs up under me. He looks at me like a child trying to hide a secret.

"What's that mischievous smile for?"

"You know we are performing tonight, right?"

"Honestly, this is a last-minute decision to pull me into work tonight, so I honestly haven't had a minute to think about it." Just thinking about trying to pull myself together in time for this event has me feeling overwhelmed, and it's the first time I've ever let JK see me distraught. "I'm stressed out, I usually have time to think about what I'm going to wear, and I can usually convince Jae to do my makeup for me, but I know she's not available last minute like this."

"Don't worry, I'm sure everything will work out," JK smiles with the confidence of a king. "I think you will look beautiful in anything."

"Your Mama raised you right, JK. You always know exactly what to say. Make sure to thank her for me."

He casts me a shy grin, and as always, it still surprises me how he can seem so boyish in one moment and all man the next.

"Will you watch us perform?" He runs his hand through his hair, and I watch as it falls back into place.

"I don't know if I can, I get so busy backstage trying to talk to possible clients. I never get to actually watch the awards show. I mean, you know they mostly have idols and talent in the audience. I'm not the kind of person they hold a seat for, you know?"

"I can arrange for you to go sit with our team when it's our turn. I'd really like it if you would come to watch us. We've been working so hard on this performance."

"I really don't want to impose."

"Lily, I swear I've only heard our team say nothing but nice things about you working with us. If anything, I know our main producer said he thinks you are a natural and you are easy to work with. Nobody will mind. It would be just for a little bit."

I look at him, the concern still straining my face, but I appreciate that he is trying so hard to convince me.

"Plus, seeing us perform in front of a crowd is completely different than in the practice room. I think if you could see us in action, it will help you in your work with us," he is full of conviction as he shoots a half-smile and cocks an eyebrow at me.

"Wow, that was...that was really something, JK," I smirk. "You really know how to drive a hard bargain, bringing my work ethic into the equation!"

He belly laughs, "I know how to make you say yes, Lily."

I watch as he gets up and glides to the door, his grin showcasing his magnificent jawline.

This man. Thank his Mama, indeed!

"Wait, before you go," I call out, "Why did you come to see me in the first place? Is there something you need?'

"No, I just came to say Hi! I have what I need now," he grins and flies out the door.

I sit dumbfounded for a moment as I remind myself to breathe. It occurs to me that I never know what to expect from one minute to the next around here.

--------------------------------------

I work through the afternoon, but Seijin sends me an email that he talked to Sung-Ho, and they agreed I could leave early since everyone has to get ready to work at the awards show this evening. I sigh with relief that I will have some time to go home and figure out what to wear at the last minute.

While I pack my things to head home, there is a knock at my door. I open it to find Cho, one of the hair and makeup artists, standing at my door with a garment bag in one hand and a tote bag in the other. We have met several times, and she has always seemed sweet, but I'm confused about what she's doing knocking on my door.

"Hi, Cho, what can I do for you?"

"Hello Lily, I'm actually here to help you," she says sweetly.

"I'm sorry, I'm confused. Say what now?"

"I'm here to help get you ready to work at the show tonight."

"Cho, no, seriously, you have so much work to do yourself. I can't accept your offer! You are so sweet though."

I'm astonished as she just brushes by me and walks right into my studio like she didn't hear a word I just said.

"Wait, how do you even know I am going? Or that I'm a mess right now," I chuckle in confusion.

"Jungkook let me know when I was working on him earlier. He arranged for me to come down and help you! Don't worry, Lily. I don't think you realize how nice you are to everyone. It's not often we have outsiders that aren't trying to use any one of us when they find out who we work for. You are the real deal, and I'm happy to help," she says, gesturing for me to sit down.

I walk over and sit down because as much as I want to refuse and how foolish I feel being fussed over, I also know that I'm a walking disaster. I can't help myself, and a few tears escape my eyes.

"Oh Lily, don't cry. It's going to be okay."

"I'm sorry. I don't mean to be emotional, but those are the kindest words anyone has ever said to me." I wipe my tears away quickly as the embarrassment washes over me. It's in simple moments like this that I realize just how much my upbringing damaged me.

Cho spends the next hour fussing over my hair and my makeup. I listen to her diligently as she explains what she is doing and why. She is the consummate professional. Wielding the tools of her trade like a fairy godmother, she cuts and straightens, adds products and styles, and I'm in complete awe of her talent.

When it comes to my makeup, Cho goes in and out of her bag, checking colors and looking at my face. I worry that she may struggle with my pale skin for a short moment, but half an hour later, she lets me look in the bathroom mirror to see all her hard work.

"Cho, oh my gosh, I look...wow, I don't look like me, I look a million times better! I don't even know how you made this magic happen," I say, trying not to tear up again.

"Oh no, no, no, Lily, don't you dare cry. You will mess up your makeup," she smiles and gives my arm a quick squeeze. "I'll help you in to your dress."

"Where did this dress even come from, and how could you possibly know what fits me?" I'm still in awe that any of this is happening.

"Oh, you'd be amazed what we can make happen around here."

A few moments later, I am in an elegant black dress that is slightly off the shoulder and seeps into a subtle vee over my breasts. It's sexy and sophisticated, hugging my body until it flares just enough to reveal part of my knee as the hem is subtly higher in the front and then more extended in the back, where it stops mid-calf. I feel like I'm in a dream wearing something that makes me feel beautiful for the first time in as long as I can remember.

Cho has a few different pairs of heels for me to try on, and she makes the final decision on a pair of black closed-toe heels with a strap around the ankle. She adorns my fingers with a few rings and then helps me put on a dainty necklace with a teardrop sapphire-colored stone with earrings to match. I note that I'm done asking questions about where things come from. I just promise myself to take care of them and make sure I return everything in good condition.

I thank Cho profusely before she leaves, she squeezes my hand, "Lily, try and have a little fun tonight. You work hard, and we all notice it. Take a minute to stop and enjoy life too."

I smile at her and promise I will try.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.6K 1.5K 33
As Malina indulges into a new world years later, as her life changes after Dumbledore took her most prized possession. Her memories. What will happen...
105K 3K 26
A story between, a normal girl that accidentally texted a famous Idol. ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ šš†šš›šš’ššššššŽšš— šš‹šš¢: š™¼šš’šš—šš“ššŠšš–_
577K 8.8K 86
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...