The Sandlot Boys (FEM x-reade...

By Idkwhatlifeisabout

(slow updates) It's not that Y/N hates the sandlot boys, its just that they have never been nice her and she... More

The Summer of '62 (edited)
Benny "the jet" Rodriguez (edited)
The Girl (edited)
Pick a Side! (edited)
Apologies (edited)
Apologies pt.2 (edited)
The Diner (edited)
"When you deserve to" (edited)
August 13th (edited)
Lunch (edited)
Finally! (edited)
It was....interesting (edited)
The New Norm (edited)
Edits
A/N
Halloween Pt.1 (edited)
Halloween pt.2
How Could He?
That Night
Cookies
A/n
The Truth
Sleepover
Lunch Tables
The plan
Melted Ice Cream

Confessions and Discoveries

588 3 5
By Idkwhatlifeisabout

A/N: Before this chapter officially starts I want to say thank you all so much for the reads and all the nice and funny comments! I have been in such a rut when it comes to ideas for the story so it took me forever to even get the chapter started. So I am very sorry for how long it took me to update. Also, so much has happened recently as well as me being sick in bed for about a week and a half. So fun, right?! 

Anyways, thank you all again for all the love on this story! Hope you enjoy it and love you all lots! <3

Y/N's POV

"Y/N! BOYS! CAN YOU GUYS UH GET DOWN HERE?" 

Surprised at the sound of a voice, my eyes flutter open. I sit up with a groan and yawn as I look around at the sight of seven boys still dead asleep on the floor. I stand up with a slight wobble in my knees and make my way over to Bertram's little make-shift sleeping bag. 

"Bertie, wake up! C'mon wake up man!" 

"Y/n I swear to god-!"

"I think Mrs. Timmon's is calling for us."

"So? She probably just made breakfast."

He says still laying with his eyes closed. Tiredly, I push him to get his attention. 

"What??"

He groans.

"Do you remember what happened last night? Or do you want me to slap you to help jog your memory?"

"Last night was the Halloween Bash." 

"Exactly."

"Shit!"

"Exactly."

He pushes himself up so I move a bit to give him space. He rubs his eyes before taking a look around the room. He stumbles around the treehouse as he tries to make his way to the shelves. He starts digging through all the stuff before pulling out a blow horn. 

"You might want to cover your ears."

I do as he says just before he presses the button. All the boys jump up in fright. 

"What the hell man?"

"Are you serious!?"

"Jesus, Bertram!"

"Man, it's just Bertram."

"I'm going back to bed!" 

"No, you are not!"

"Yeah? And why's that Y/n?"

"First, Squints, your attitude is up here." 

I say motioning above my head. 

"And I need it to be down here."

I say pointing at the ground. He rolls his eyes but, waves his hands signaling me to continue. 

"Secondly, I woke up to Mrs. Timmons calling for us. Last time I checked, her nine-year-old son is in his bed with a bruised face. I, also, cannot walk down there looking like this without an explanation."

"Oh. That is a problem." 

"Really??" 

"Well you could just say that you got hit with a baseball by some-" 

"GUYS?! I REALLY NEED YOU DOWN HERE!" 

"Just say you got hit by some amateur at school a couple times."

Ham rushed out his idea as all of us scrambled down the steps. I stood in the back behind Bertram, while Timmy talked to his mom. She would never believe that.

"Sorry Mom, we all just got up." 

"Well now that you all are up, let's move into the kitchen. I have to talk to you all about something."

My heart stops. Please tell me she doesn't know about what happened last night. I can tell all of us are thinking the same thing as we all hesitate to follow her. 

                                                                              ~

We make our way to the kitchen and sit down around the table. I lay my head in my right hand so I can cover the bruise that's forming. Ken and Timmy sit next to me while Bertram sits across from me. Yeah-Yeah and Squints sit next to each other on the other side of the table while Ham sits beside Kenny and Smalls sits beside Timmy. 

We keep our heads down as we wait for her to scold us. I'm going over all the possible ways this conversation could go, but my mind keeps going to the thought of me being grounded until college. No, I did not really do anything worth getting in trouble for. Yes, I will be grounded either way. 

I keep my eyes out for Tommy. Hopefully it will distract me enough that I won't be too concentrated when I get scolded. 

"So how was the dance?"

All of our heads shoot up. Practically in sync. My leg starts to shake and my heart starts beating faster. I try to zone out and focus on the bacon on the stove. Or maybe the tiled floor, Anything other than Mrs. Timmons. 

"Y/N?"

"Yes?"

I ask innocently. 

"How was the dance?"

"Oh! It was good! They played some very fun songs. Uh, I personally don't think I'll ever be a school dance type of girl. But, I enjoyed it." 

"That's great! I'm very happy to hear that. Now! What about you boys?" 

Murmurs of "goods" and "ok's" filled the air. 

"Hey now! Don't tell me too much." 

She said sarcastically. We all let out little a chuckle. Her gaze now lingered on all of us. 

"If I may ask, if the dance was so great, why is my nine year old son and guest covered in bruises?" 

"Mom, 'covered in bruises' is a little excessive. No?" 

"TIMMOTHY!" 

"Sorry." 

"Timmothy?" 

I whispered to Kenny. We both had to keep our laughs in. We were already in trouble, we didn't need to add to the list.

"Now, you boys should know by now that I don't enjoy being lied too. Hm?" 

"Yes ma'am." 

They all answered. 

"Will someone please tell me what happened? Or will I need to start making phone calls to your parents?" 

Fear consumed the air around the table. 

"No, ma'am. There will be no need for that. I will explain what happened." 

I said shyly. Don't get me wrong, Mrs. Timmons is a very lovely lady. She always treats us like we are her own. But, she is scary when angry. 

                                                                                          ~

After I told her the whole story, saying she looked upset would be the under statement of the year. She was fuming! She immediately called for Tommy, and looked around the table at our faces.  As Tommy approached the table, she walked up to me and gently grabbed my face. 

"Oh my! Poor dear, let's get you an ice pack." 

She got up from her kneeling position to get me some ice and a piece of cloth. Tommy walked over to me and sat in between me and Timmy. 

"Good morning." 

"'Morning, Tommy. How are you feeling?" 

"Just a little sore." 

"Ok, good. Nothing too bad?"

 "Nope." 

I smiled at him and gave him a side hug. Mrs. Timmons starts to speak as she walks over to me once again. 

"Now, don't expect me to lie to your parents about this whole situation."

 We all nodded our heads, and I sighed as I grabbed the ice covered with cloth. 

"But, I won't necessarily be bringing this situation up to them either." 

Some of the boys started to smile and other started thanking her profusely. Timmy jumped up and hugged his mom almost immediately. All of us were thankful for this. None of us really wanted to bring this up to our parents anytime soon. 

"Now, how about some breakfast?" 

All of us started to nod profusely as out stomachs were practically having their own conversations at this point. 

                                                                                     ~

Once we all got ready for the day, we headed to the sandlot for an early afternoon game. We were all chatting as Bertram unlocked the gate and held it open for us. We said our 'thank you's' as we walked past. We were making our way to the dug out as we heard the gate open again. I turned around and immediately groaned. That caught the rest of the team's attention. Some of the guys didn't even want to acknowledge is presence any longer and continued to the dug out. I did the same. The only ones who stayed were Smalls, Ham, and Tommy. 

"Hey! I was hoping I would catch you guys."

"And sadly, you did." 

Kenny said under his breath. I laughed a bit, but tried to cover it up with a cough. 

"Look guys, I really want to apologize for last night." 

"Really?" 

I said finally turning around. He was getting closer and closer by the second. It didn't take long before we all noticed the huge bruise on his face. I laughed a bit at the irony, and walked up to him. 

"Damn, Benny. Did your girlfriend and her little band of jerks get to you too?" 

Everyone laughed at that.

"Come on Y/N." 

"What, Benny?"

"I'm here to try to apologize, and all you're doing is making more mean accusations about Michelle!" 

"OH MY-" 

"Y/n!"

Bertram interrupts. 

"He's not worth it."

Begrudgingly, I shook my head and walked away. 

"So, Benny? If you're here to apologize. Apologize."

Scotty says. We all look up at him expectantly. 

"I'm sorry." 

"For what? Exactly?" 

"For...not telling you guys about her." 

"Is that it?"

Squints chimes in. 

"Yeah? I didn't do anything else." 

"Jesus." 

I scoffed.

"So, no?"

"No what, Y/n?" 

"No, you're not sorry."

"What?"

"You can't even own up to your own mistakes, man." 

Ham says. 

"You know what?"

"What, Benny?" 

"I'll tell you Timmy! I am so over your guy's attitudes. I'm leaving!" 

"OK?"

"Uh, buh-bye!" 

"See ya, jerk!" 

"Byee!" 

"Later." 

"Ok..." 

"Coward." 

"Later!"

"Whatever."

Benny groans and storms away. 

We all chuckle a bit, and put on our gear and start the game. 

                                                                            ~

"Hey, so who's up for some ice cream?" 

Ham asks. We ended the game a little while ago due to hot it ended up being. Squints and Yeah-yeah said they can't, but the rest said that they are up for it. I felt kind of bad that Squints and Yeah-yeah were the only ones not going, so I declined the offer as well. 

"I think I'm going to have to start heading home.  Next time for sure though!" 

We all walked to the gate, and said our good byes. The three of us start talking about random things. Baseball mostly, but other topics too. Just to pass the time of the walk. 

"Hey, by the way I think I'm gonna go to my house for the night." 

Squints says to Yeah-yeah. 

"Are you sure man?" 

"Yeah..."

Yeah-yeah warily looks at Squints for reassurance. That's when it hit me that we never really drop Squints off at his house. It's always at Yeah-yeah's grandmother's house. Yeah-yeah lives with his grandmother as his mom died as a kid and his father is currently deployed.

Once we make it to Yeah-yeah's house, he looks back at Squints. He asks if he's sure that he wants to go home tonight. He nods and says his good bye's. I wave to Yeah-yeah and follow Squints. Him and Squints are closer to each other than to anyone else on the team, so I'm sure he knows something that I don't. I don't question anything though, and just continue to joke around with Squints.

                                                                                                       ~

We start to make our way towards Squints' house. Once we get close enough to his house we could hear yelling emitting from the walls. Squints immediately goes red, and bolts for the front door. I realize that something must be going on that he shouldn't have to witness, and I try to run to him to take him to my house. He gives me a hug, but pushes me away. He runs up the steps and opens the door, right as a blood-curdling scream is heard. I try to run up again, but he gives me a look, that says "please don't". So I don't. I walk further down the pavement keeping eye contact with him the whole time. Once, I'm about halfway down he runs in. I have to stop myself from going after him. That's when I hear him start to yell, and I turn towards the window that is facing the road. The curtains are open and you can see them fighting. That's when I see  Squints meet my eyes once more. He runs up to the window and mouths "go! Please?" And abruptly shuts the curtains. 

I immediately realize why he never goes home. Why he never invites us over. Why he's always at Yeah-yeah's. Why he never talks about his parents. I start to feel sick, and scared for him. I just stand there tears filling my eyes. Never taking my eyes off the Palledorous household I start to run away. I feel the breeze against my face as I run, and it's the only thing keeping me from getting distracted by the screams and Squint's face completely taking over my thoughts.

How did our day end like this?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

196K 2K 15
{Benny x Reader} Y/n just moved back to her hometown with her new stepbrother Scotty Smalls. He goes and plays baseball with the sandlot boys and the...
94.6K 1.5K 16
Elizabeth's mother died just a year ago and her father Bill already found another woman to marry. Now they are moving 1000 miles away from where they...
115K 1.4K 12
This is a Benny Rodriguez X Reader Fanfic. I do not own any of the characters from the Sandlot or the movie. Lemme know what ya think. Comment and vo...
18K 106 55
Rowan Hart is the new girl at school, seems like a basic story huh? Not really. She attempts to befriend Benjamin Franklin Rodriguez. Rowan has alwa...