Ink Slinger

By Freya_38

My skin is her canvas... More

ONE (Iselen POV)
TWO (Iselen POV)
THREE (Iselen POV)
FOUR (Ruby POV)
FIVE (Iselen POV)
SIX (Ruby POV)
SEVEN (Iselen POV)
EIGHT (Iselen POV)
NINE (Iselen POV)
TEN (Ruby POV)
ELEVEN (Iselen POV)
TWELVE (Iselen POV)
THIRTEEN (Iselen POV)
FOURTEEN (Iselen POV)
FIFTEEN (Iselen POV)
SIXTEEN (Iselen POV)
SEVENTEEN (Ruby POV)
EIGHTEEN (Iselen POV)
NINETEEN (Iselen POV)
TWENTY (Iselen POV)
TWENTY-ONE (Iselen POV)
TWENTY-TWO (Iselen POV)
TWENTY-THREE (Iselen POV)
TWENTY-FOUR (Iselen POV)
TWENTY-FIVE (Ruby POV)
TWENTY-SIX (Ruby POV)
TWENTY-SEVEN (Iselen POV)
TWENTY-EIGHT (Iselen POV)
TWENTY-NINE (Iselen POV)
THIRTY-ONE (Ruby POV)
THIRTY-TWO (Iselen POV)
THIRTY-THREE (Ruby POV)
THIRTY-FOUR (Ruby POV)
THIRTY-FIVE (Iselen POV)
THIRTY-SIX (Iselen POV)
EPILOGUE (Iselen POV)

THIRTY (Ruby POV)

602 54 19
By Freya_38

"Do you think they'll be all right?" Iselen whispers looking at me worried while I wait patiently for my sisters to take their luggage from the carousel and count the suitcases to make sure we don't leave one behind. I don't understand why but, every time we travel together, we carry more bags than a moving truck.

"Lester is a great guy, very sweet and funny," Louisa answers behind us while rocking Diana Siena in her arms because, once again, she's sleeping ignoring the noise of the airport around us despite they're announcing the departure of flights through the loud speakers nonstop. "Kanti couldn't have a better boyfriend and she'll realize soon why, believe me." The healer is standing a few steps away from us, listening to something our brother is telling her while carrying her backpack and laughing happily. "See? They're made for each other, otherwise your druid wouldn't have seen them together in your premonition."

"I'm happy she decided to come with us to New York to help us to stop that psycho bitch but I think we should tell her the truth." Iselen fidgets awkwardly and I raise an eyebrow, confused. "I don't want her to get angry with me if she finds out in the future that I saw them together weeks before it actually happened... She could think we've manipulated her or something like that."

"Yes, you're right, hiding that information feels like lying to her," I admit reluctantly staring at the couple our of the corner of my eye, they look comfortable with each other and Kanti has accepted to stay in the spare room of Lester's apartment instead of going to one of my sisters' houses. "We'll tell her in a few days, when they know each other better, I wouldn't want them to feel awkward again given that Lester has managed to overcome that unexpected bout of shyness. Maybe he'll confess it next week because, in addition to being sweet and funny, he's an honest guy."

"Uncle Lester is the best, isn't he, Diana?" Louisa croons fixing the blanket on her chest and the baby smiles and sighs, sleepy, while Iselen nods.

"You're right, he's a keeper. Does this mean that we're a coven with eleven members now?" She asks with curiosity while Thyra shows me her thumb up to tell me they've gathered all the suitcases finally and I point at the door ordering them to follow me, guiding them through the corridors, escalators, shops, restaurants, waiting areas, dodging passengers, security guards, maintenance staff and flight attendants that rush to go to their jobs... I can't wait to get home.

"Not exactly," I answer putting a small bag on top of my suitcase to be able to take my beautiful girl's hand. "We're still ten witches and a healer, they're different although can participate in all the rituals, of course, and it's always nice to have one helping a coven. The healer's energy is added to ours and it wraps us up but doesn't meld with us the same way the witches' energy does till we become one, so she won't be a sister but she'll be a member of the family... It's complicated."

"A cousin?" Iselen asks laughing and I can't help smiling back at her. My druid looks more relaxed and happier because we're going back home, unfortunately our vacation didn't go as I had planned it even if Angelie made an effort and cooked us a last delicious lunch, we were all too worried and overwhelmed by the situation and I was unable to pay attention to Iselen and take care of her as I should've done. I thought that we could spend a few days in New Orleans sightseeing and having fun, getting to know each other better and getting closer and we did, honestly, but I wish it could have been under better circumstances. The automatic sliding door opens in front of me and I move a step forward, dragging my heavy suitcase.

"Excuse me, we were first here..." I stop abruptly, taken aback by the aggressive tone of voice of the woman who almost pushed me away while we both tried to walk through the door at the same time, till I look up and see her dark hair, her Goth black clothes, the dramatic makeup and the magical silver charms hanging from her neck.

"Zalir..." I grumble surprised.

"Of course, it had to be you... Didn't your mothers teach you all good manners?" The witch growls furiously and Tamar, Lilith and Aradia, or Flora, Fauna and Merryweather, as Iselen prefers to call them, laugh amused while holding their own bags and suitcases. I can feel my sisters' rage when they hear them giggling, the atmosphere gets thick and the energy swirling around both groups is as hostile as the glares we're shooting at each other. Kanti is the only discordant note, she looks completely bewildered while Lester puts her arm over her shoulders in an instinctive gesture of protection. Tension builds up and the air seems to crackle around us...

Fuck... My sisters are about losing their temper and I can't let them start a fight in the middle of an airport, casting spells in front of normal people that would freak out watching the show... and they'll take pics and videos to post them on their social media accounts. I'm tired and don't feel like spending a night in a cell trying to erase the memories of some police officers forcing them to forget us. On the other hand, teaching these four spoiled brats a lesson is very tempting... Diana Siena's sharp cry startles us all, snapping us back to reality. Louisa walks some steps away, rocking the baby to soothe her, and Zalir and her friends take advantage of the fact that we're paying attention to Diana to walk through the door with firm steps, pushing my shoulder deliberately while I fix my eyes on their backs clenching my jaw angrily.

"Bitches!" I growl quietly.

"You've dropped this..." Iselen kneels down to take something from the floor but the four witches ignore her and get into a taxi not bothering to look back. "It's a plane ticket, it says they're coming from Florida..."

"Well, it's pretty obvious that the sun, the ocean and some mojitos were not enough to sweeten their personalities," Aletta growls angrily, dragging her suitcase through the door. "And they took the last taxi available, I can't believe it... Damn it."

"Don't worry, sister, I'll find taxis for us." Lester smiles patting the blonde Valkyrie's shoulder while Ivy and Elvira try to explain Kanti who Zalir and her friends are and why nobody likes them in this city. I sigh wearily and exasperatedly and my girl puts her arm around my waist, rubbing my side and kissing my cheek. I smile faintly and walk towards the vehicle my brother has found in less than one minute. I love having the best tracker in my coven...

*****

"Oh Goddess, yes..." Iselen growls flopping down on the couch, taking a blanket and hugging Morgan who's very comfortable between her arms and purrs nonstop, happy because we're back home finally. "I'm not moving from this couch this evening, I'll unpack tomorrow before going to the tattoo studio and will answer the emails from the publisher of my book later... Today is the last day of our holiday and I'm enjoying it doing absolutely nothing... Well, maybe I'll make popcorn to watch a movie after dinner."

"Sounds like a good plan," I whisper lying next to her, heaving a satisfied sigh.

"Your mom is a wonderful woman: she brought us Morgan back, gave us a huge lasagne ready to put in the oven, has cleaned the apartment, checked the protective spells around the bedroom and watered Ivy's plants... We should go to visit her soon."

"Yes, I know. I promised her we'd go to her house with the baby to prepare a barbecue in the backyard, she can't wait to meet Diana," I answer putting my arm around her waist and sniffing her nape with curiosity. "You smell heavenly... Have you got a new shower gel?"

"A peach scented shower mousse. Do you like it?" Iselen giggles when she feels my lips tickling her neck skin.

"I could devour you right now, you're the sweetest thing I've ever tried... I'm sorry, babe, I get the impression that I haven't paid you the attention you deserve. This vacation ended up being a mess..."

"It's not your fault," my precious girlfriend turns her head to look at me, smiling. "I'm fine, Ruby, I've been spending time with you, with our sisters and Lester, I've met wonderful people and learnt interesting things, we ate delicious dishes and slept in a canopy bed, I've found out that my druid can cast powerful spells and the hunter is learning to accept my magical side... You told me that you loved me for the first time. I'd say this vacation has been a great success... except for that wicked bitch who seems obsessed with us. But we'll kick her ass soon, I'm pretty sure of that."

"I hope so," I answer kissing her cheek and hugging her tighter. "I'm so happy you're here..." I rub her nape with the tip of my nose, enjoying the sweet perfume. "I don't know how I could live without you till now..." I slide my lips to her collarbone and up again along her neck till reaching her earlobe.

"I love you too, Ruby Rose... What are you doing?" Iselen laughs again feeling my hand sneaking under her T-shirt, touching her waist and going up to her breasts. "Are you going to get naughty on the couch? We'll bother Morgan..."

"She can lie on the armchair," I answer rubbing my hand palm against her sports bra till I feel the nipple getting hard and my druid heaves a sigh. "It's been I while since the last time I made out with a girl on a couch while watching a movie... it feels like being a teenager again." Iselen turns on the pillows to look at me puzzled while shoving her leg between mines, trying to get closer to my body.

"Where did you make out with girls, then?" she asks and her naughty hand touches my waist and back, going down to my buttocks... I can feel the heat through my cotton yoga pants.

"At their homes," I answer kissing her jaw. "Their beds, their showers, the counter of their kitchens... In my tattoo studio, sometimes." I slide my mouth down her neck and she tilts her head back to grant me better access to her skin.

"Didn't you have a girlfriend to eat pizza and watch movies during boring Sunday evenings?" Iselen sighs when she feels my teeth nibbling at her soft flesh gently.

"No, not like you. I've never felt this level of... intimacy and closeness. I'm happy when I'm here with you, hugging you and touching you, when you sleep in my arms... I used to have the feeling that someone was waiting for me anywhere else, that I had something important to do, like I was running out of time and had a goal to achieve as sooner as possible, no matter where I was or with whom. I never stopped my hectic life time enough to enjoy the smell of peaches on a pretty lady's skin..."

My lips find hers and our mouths meld in a warm and soft kiss while my arms hold her tighter, even if it seems impossible since our bodies are already stuck to each other and we're tangling our legs. My hand goes up to hold her head and stop her from pulling away, deepening the kiss but not taking things a step further, I'm only exploring her mouth and enjoying her sweetness. I want her so badly, I could carry her to our bed and love her all night long but, at the same time, I feel this sweet kiss is enough. I only need to feel her satisfied stuck to my body, smelling her perfume and touching her soft skin... Something so simple makes me feel pure bliss. Iselen's muscles go limp and she sighs when I move away, leaning my forehead on hers, smiling happily.

*****

"Fuck!" I cry sitting up abruptly.

"What happens? What's wrong?" my druid opens her eyes startled and sits up next to me, staring at me confused and scared. Morgan meows from the armchair, looking at us bewildered too but I'm not paying attention to them because I'm too busy trying to catch my breath and taking a quick look at the kitchen clock... We've enjoyed a short one-hour nap but it's getting dark outside and it'll be dinner time soon. "Ruby?"

"I've seen it," I answer rubbing my forehead with my fingertips and kicking to get rid of the blanket that was tangled in my legs, crawling on the couch to get up while my druid keeps looking at me puzzled.

"You've seen what? What's wrong? Did the demon try to attack you while we were sleeping? It's impossible, your protective spells are powerful... She wasn't here, was she?"

"No, it's not that," I answer kneeling down next to my suitcase that was close to the bedroom door waiting to be unpacked and I rummage in my clothes till I find the broken silver charm Azara gave me before she left inside my toilet bag. I hold it between my fingers, showing the pendant to Iselen, who raises her hand looking at me with disgust.

"Do not get close to me holding that thing..."

"I saw it, babe, the other half... I know who the owner of the charm is." My pretty girlfriend stares at me with her eyes wide open while Morgan gets closer and sniffs my fingers curiously before jumping on the couch and making herself comfortable on Iselen's lap; I think my cat hates the charm too.

"Where? Are you sure?"

"I am. I didn't understand what I saw at first because many things were happening around me at the same time and I wasn't paying attention but I remembered it when my mind got relaxed while sleeping... The other half of this charm was hanging from a strip of leather that was tied to... the zipper of Zalir's backpack." My druid looks at me totally floored and I nod firmly. "I'm absolutely sure, babe, I saw it when she pushed me rudely while she was leaving the airport and stealing the last taxi from us."

"That's not... It can't be her... This is ridiculous, I can't believe it." Iselen gets up abruptly pushing Morgan away and she meows offended. "That useless bitch can't be the brains of the operation, this is too big, someone else must be in charge... someone... smarter, Machiavellian and competent. Besides, they came from Florida, didn't they?"

"They could have gone to New Orleans and fly to Miami before coming back to New York in order to pretend that they weren't following us, I don't know... I think I saw them, you know. After having dinner in that restaurant of the French Quartier while we were drinking cocktails and dancing, I saw a girl with flashy red hair through a window. It was Tamar, most likely... It's weird that Sylvie never told us that the four witches coming from NY that stayed at her hostel had colourful hair, it was the most important clue..."

"She's an old lady and is becoming forgetful, that's why they chose the hostel probably. Or maybe they wore a wig or bewitched her to force Sylvie to forget their hair colour... But I still refuse to believe they're they only ones responsible for this mess. Ruby, you know they're stupid spoiled brats..."

"Or maybe they're good actresses and have been lying to us for long years..." Iselen rolls her eyes and shakes her head, exasperate. "Okay, I admit they don't look that smart and maybe they have a powerful associate, but you must admit they've been very clever deflecting suspicion. I never thought they could know anything about that demon, or whatever she is, and the bitch has been doing this for months... How come we didn't notice it? They were the most obvious suspects, they're very ambitious and I believe they'd be capable of anything in order to... stand out."

"Doing what? Killing powerful witches and shamans in the middle of terrible nightmares to be able to get their energy... Do you really think these Upper East Side daddy's girls look like they're enjoying magic they suck through a demonic turbine? Where did they learn the knowledge to do something like that? Do you know how to di it?" I shake my head slowly while she points at me with her index. "See? You're one of the most powerful witches in this country, you've travelled and studied a lot, but have no idea of where to start to be able to build that thing that steals energy from souls. I tell you they're not alone handling this operation... there's something fishy going on."

"Okay, I'm going to call a meeting with the coven and we'll discuss different theories. We need a plan to gather more information before formally notify suspicions concerning them to the Council. Kanti can join us and will offer the point of view of someone who doesn't know those idiots so her opinion won't be biased by the fact that they're unbearable..."

"I'll change my clothes, give me a minute..." Iselen sighs wearily.

"Why? We aren't leaving the apartment," I frown, confused. "You look fine, I like your panda bear pyjama pants."

"Aren't we going to the studio or The Lotus Flower? Are they coming here?" Iselen opens her mouth, shocked, while I shake my head. "Are we going to hold the meeting thanks to some complicated magical ritual? Astral projection?"

"A video conference via Zoom," I answer looking at her amused. "We're modern witches living in NY. What were you thinking about? Why do you look so disappointed suddenly?"

"I was picturing you drawing a circle with salt on the floor, burning some aromatic herbs, drawing strange runes with the ashes, lighting some candles and summoning our sisters and Lester's spirits to hold the meeting in the middle of your living room," the druid admits shrugging while I stare at her in disbelief.

"I think you've watched too many movies, babe, or maybe read too many fantasy books." Iselen nods reluctantly and sits down on the couch again, hugging Morgan, obviously disappointed. "I could do that but, do you know how much energy I'd spend during that ritual? Zoom is more effective and comfortable. Come on, put the lasagne in the oven while I send them a message and we'll have dinner before the meeting." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.2K 620 43
*Lesbian/Bisexual smut* I came back to my hometown for a job opportunity, but I ended up finding a lot more.
45.5K 2.9K 32
I destroyed my enemy when I made her my lover...
104K 4.6K 40
How did I become the housekeeper of this bloodsuckers group? You can say I'm a privileged.
127K 4.7K 38
Iɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ Aʀɪᴇʟ Mᴀʀᴛɪɴ ᴛʀɪᴇs ᴛᴏ ɢᴇᴛ ʜᴇʀ ɢɪʀʟғʀɪᴇɴᴅ ʙᴀᴄᴋ. ------------------ TEEN WOLF BOOK TWO SEASON 3A + B [OC X OC]