TREASURE JiKyu Oneshots

By kyukyu_ji

Welp why not? I mean I have written a bunch of these and I just felt like sorting them togetherπŸ˜… I started... More

Introduction/ Request page
"Always You"
"Kisses"
"My Kyu"
"Touch"
"Caffeine" πŸ”ž
"Bliss"
"Coming Out"
"At The CafΓ©"
"Lies" Pt. 1/2
"Lies" Pt. 2/2
"Stuck With My No.1 Enemy"
"On A Bunk Bed"
"My Valentine"
'In a Flash' πŸ”ž
'Nemesis(?)'
'Kind'
'In Everland'
New Story!!
'μ„œλ‘œ μ΄ν•΄ν•˜κΈ°'
'Toothbrush'
'맛'
'My My My' πŸ”ž
'Fly High'
'May I have this Dance?'
'λ‚˜μ˜ 아기고양이'
'ssh!! It's our night honey' πŸ”ž
Once again...
'Alphabet'
'The Game'
'Sleep Talk'
'Sleep Talk' Pt. 2
Rich Kids πŸ”ž
Boom Bara Bi Bomb Bomb
A Heart's Enchantment
Michi to my Yoshirin <3
Gonna be Fine
Dear Kim Junkyu
Captive
Sunlight

"Overture"

1.8K 66 6
By kyukyu_ji

Jihoon finds the bar singer attractive, follows him and tries to solve his problems

_______________________

Jihoon always hated breakups. They are nasty, painful, sad. And they make you lose someone who once meant the world to you.

Choi Hyunsuk, a small, talented young man. Jihoon loved him with all his heart. Hyunsuk did too. But every fairy tale faces a twist of fate. For them it was the mismatch of their personalities, the countless arguments about literally everything, the interference of 3rd parties and so on. They lost faith in each other and the more one wanted to hold on to the other, the more it hurt both of them. In the end, on one cold winter night, they talked and broke up. Honestly, it made Jihoon feel more relieved than sad. Still, he had his heart churning in pain once he hugged his ex boyfriend for the last time.

Jihoon walked on the cold streets, amidst all the snow; aimless. He had a place to go, yes, but not home anymore. The whole place would remind him of Hyunsuk.

Jihoon's body felt cold as he was out with minimum clothing on. He forgot to dress up warmly since his mind was occupied with so many things lately! He noticed a bar close by, stepped in and ordered beer. He needed to keep himself warm.

Though it started with the innocent intention of just warming up, Jihoon soon found solace in drinking. He kept ordering more and more, soon shifting from beer to vodka. He felt lightheaded. The pain lessened. The bar felt like home.

He was a bit tipsy when he first heard the faint melody of a guitar then the kind of orchestra played before a ballad. He looked for the source, found it soon on a small stage ahead of him. He was supposedly occupying a very desirable front row seat.

Jihoon saw a boy almost around his age holding the wooden guitar and playing the strings slowly. The melody was nice. Not too faint, not too loud. Jihoon felt comfortable. He paid attention to the music for a while, which he grew quite fond of. But surprising him, a mellow voice started accompanying the beautiful melody soon.

Jihoon watched in wonder, the boy seemingly in his twenties sing. The orchestra was nothing compared to the sleek, gorgeous voice coming out of its owner's lips. Darkness covered his face, but Jihoon could tell from the shape of his silhouette, he was a man of visual.

Jihoon leaned forward, to take a better look at the man. Was he purposefully hiding his face? Did he hold a secret behind the pretty tone of his voice? If so, what could that be?

Jihoon's logic not to involve with a stranger's life wasn't working well. He got curious. He wanted to see the face of the creator of the soothing melody. So he stayed until the man finished singing. There were barely anyone at the bar. Jihoon got his opportunity to monitor the singer's moves. He went backstage. Jihoon swiftly slid his slim body behind the curtains as well, unnoticed by anyone.

He quietly observed the mysterious boy packing his stuff. He wore tight leather jeans, a black leather jacket. God! He looked stunning! And Jihoon hadn't even taken a look at his face!

Jihoon saw the boy leaving through the back door. Clever, Jihoon came out and left through the front door. He didn't wanna get caught. He had to be sneaky and smooth.

Jihoon soon spotted the same boy again. He seemed to be a little taller, broader. He was walking slightly leaning downwards. Again, was he hiding himself?

Jihoon was being cautious, but the boy seemed to get a hunch. He stopped, and looked back instantly. Jihoon was quick to hide behind a wall. He took some seconds, then walked out. The boy started walking again. Jihoon took few more steps and the boy again looked back. This time, Jihoon wasn't as lucky. He got caught.

"Stop following me!" The boy tried speaking in a threatening tone, but he seemed really scared. Jihoon raised up his hands.

"It's fine! I mean no harm."

"Then what are you doing here?" The boy asked again. This time he didn't even try to hide his fright.

Jihoon put down his hands, carefully approached the singer. The singer stepped back.

"Please don't come near me! I just sing, I don't provide any other service!" His voice was trembly.

Only then it struck Jihoon. What would you think if you're a bar singer and some drunk guy was following you? Was it why he was being so secretive about himself?

"Hey! Calm down! I'm not here for any other reason! I just want to see your face!" Jihoon spoke. The boy stood there, confused. His face was still hidden in darkness. So, Jihoon took some more steps.

"What do you mean by that?" He asked.

Jihoon walked closer and at one point he clearly saw the singer's face. That face! The gorgeous, beautiful, handsome face! No wonder he hid in the dark. For if he showed even a fraction of the beauty he possessed, the whole bar would be lurking at his door at night.

"You're so handsome!" Jihoon exclaimed aloud. The boy flinched. He must not be having quite a sound experience with being called 'handsome.'

"I'm sorry if I startled you. But I really just wanted to see your face." Jihoon said.

"Well, now you have." He frowned. "Leave then."

Jihoon sighed. He tried approaching the boy again, but he stepped back, almost jumping.

"Fine! I'm leaving!" Jihoon raised his hands up again, "Don't act like I'm some chance seeking pervert!" He turned around, taking one last look at the singer's pretty face. But walking a few steps, he stopped. And turned back.

"I'm Jihoon." He waved, "Nice to meet you...?"

The boy, still frowning, answered, "Junkyu."

Jihoon smiled. "Nice to meet you, Junkyu!" Then he turned around and actually left the place.

-

Jihoon couldn't stand staying home, since he was kept reminded of his ex boyfriend. He tried getting rid of Hyunsuk's stuff, still he could only toss and turn on his bed at night. When he lost hope of moving on and planned to call Hyunsuk even after vowing to let go, a certain face peeked through his memories. The face only seen briefly at one cold night. Yet why it made Jihoon stand up and head towards the same bar again?

The man was dressed casually, still hiding his face in the dark. Jihoon waited just like the first day. Then at the end, more cautious than before, he followed the boy, Junkyu. Unlike the first day, he wasn't caught. But the singer still got a hunch of someone following him. So, instead of going to his own place, he got inside a random building, waited until Jihoon left and then walked to his home.

He fooled Jihoon like that for a few days, but one day he was really tired. So, he actually went to his house. Jihoon was surprised. Why would Junyu go to a different place? To be sure, he followed the handsome boy again the next day.

Now Jihoon was pretty clever. He knew Junkyu was fooling him. He just had to know which one was the real home of the boy. So that night, even after Junkyu got into a building, he waited. It was worthy, because he saw Junkyu walking out a while later.

They got face to face, because Jihoon intended not to hide anymore. Junkyu gasped. He didn't think the stalker would wait.

"Thought you could fool me for long?" Jihoon smirked.

"What the hell do you want for me? Why do you keep following me!?" Junkyu sounded frustrated.

"Cool! Man!" Jihoon said, "I have no ill intention here."

"Then why? I don't even know you!"

"That's exactly the reason, Kyu!" Jihoon used a nickname for Junkyu, "I wanna get to know you better."

Junkyu however, didn't look a bit amused. He still was frowning, face showing worry and fear.

"Hey," Jihoon carefully placed a hand on Junkyu's shoulder, "You can take me as a friend." Junkyu flinched, but didn't retract. Jihoon smiled gently, "I know you're scared. And I won't ask you to trust me instantly. Just know that you can count on me."

Junkyu removed Jihoon's hand from his shoulder, "Please, leave. I wanna go home."

"Let me walk you then-"

"No! Just leave!" Junkyu insisted. Jihoon sighed. He was unsuccessful yet again. Soon, he left, giving Junkyu relief and peace. But Jihoon, he was getting into the game. Junkyu seemed like an unsolved mystery, an uncrackable code. He would like to break the ice in him.

And it might help him getting over a certain Choi Hyunsuk, the ex boyfriend who was tormenting his every moment.

Jihoon kept trying to get Junkyu to trust him. He kept visiting the bar regularly, always letting Junkyu know that he was there. Now to be honest, it freaked Junkyu out even more. He took Jihoon as a stalker wanting to hurt him. Jihoon realized it too. But the more he tried to convince Junkyu that he meant no harm, the more afraid Junkyu got. Jihoon almost lost hope, but one day he got the opportunity to prove himself.

Just as any other day, Jihoon was following Junkyu. The singer knew, but he couldn't do anything about it. He was walking fast with his head low, but then bumped into a stranger. The man in front of him was tall, buff, drunk and pissed off. He felt irritated that Junkyu accidentally pushed him. He was about to punch Junkyu's face but God's grace let him notice the beauty on that face under a streetlight. He was awestruck. And that changed his mind.

"I'm sorry, I didn't notice you!" Junkyu spoke out of fear. He didn't wanna be hurt. But the man was smirking.

"Din't think I'd be so lucky to find such a beauty out 'ere. Wanna 'ave some fun tonight, babe?" Junkyu flinched at the man's dirty talk. It made Jihoon's blood boil.

"No, he won't." Jihoon came out of the shade from behind. The man frowned. Then with a swift move, he grabbed Junkyu's wrist tightly.

"What you gon' do 'bout it, you pimp?" Junkyu's hand was hurting pretty bad, so he made an 'ah' sound. Jihoon was concerned.

"Let go of him! He's not someone you can toy with!"

The man pulled Junkyu closer to his chest and pulled his chin up, "Doesn't matter. He's all mine tonight." He finished his sentence by groping Junkyu's butt. Jihoon was outraged. He dashed forward and punched the man on the face as hard as he could. This made the giant man fall down, also to let go of Junkyu. Jihoon quickly turned to Junkyu, held him by the shoulder, "I'll be defeated by him in no time! Junkyu, you run straight home!"

Junkyu was scared to death, and worried as hell. Honestly, he was barely holding himself from crying. He grabbed Jihoon's hands, "No, I'm scared, you come with me..." His voice was shaking, and his whole body was trembling.

The fallen man stood up, and punched Jihoon back. Junkyu jumped back in fear. He saw Jihoon fall down, his lips bleeding.

"Just run!" Jihoon shouted. Junkyu didn't waste a single second there. While Jihoon was beaten to a pulp, he ran and quickly hid behind a pillar close by. He cursed his conscience. He would have been safe had he gone home, but stupid him. He just couldn't leave his stalker alone.

Junkyu saw Jihoon fighting back. He feared that Jihoon would be beaten by the strong man. But to his surprise, after a heavy kick from Jihoon, the man didn't stand up. Maybe because he was drunk, or because Jihoon's rage gave him some extraordinary strength, Jihoon ended up winning the fight. He was limping, bruised, hurt, but he turned around saving his ass.

Junkyu came out of the pillar as Jihoon was walking away from him. He rushed to Jihoon and called him from behind. Jihoon turned around and was amazed.

"Junkyu? Why didn't you go home?" Junkyu didn't stop to reply. He straight up crashed in Jihoon's chest, hugging him tightly. And then the dam in him broke loose. He sobbed.

"Hey! It's okay! He's gone." Jihoon patted Junkyu, who was trembling with fits of his sob. He spoke something on the line, "I'm sorry" and "Thank you". Jihoon gently patted him until he was calm.

"I'm so sorry I left you alone like that!" Junkyu said, wiping his tears.

"If you didn't, I'd have kicked you instead of him!" Jihoon casually spoke.

"Why did you do that then? Why did you fight him when you knew he was stronger?"

Jihoon ruffled Junkyu's hair, "Because he was going to cause harm to you."

"So?"

"Junkyu, I would never let anyone hurt you!"

Junkyu felt so blessed after hearing that! He felt complete all of a sudden. His eyes teared up again, but even with his blurry vision, he could see Jihoon's bruised face.

"You're injured." He whispered, brushing his thumb through the cuts on Jihoon's face.

"I'll be fine. I'll apply some remedy cream on them getting home." Jihoon spoke.

"Come with me." Junkyu tugged at Jihoon's shirt, "It's my responsibility to treat you now."

Jihoon wanted to protest, but he never knew if Junkyu would invite him like that again or not. So, he agreed to go with the younger.

"Is he dead?" Junkyu asked about the man. Jihoon chuckled, "I wouldn't be so chill if he were! He's probably knocked out."

"Are we gonna leave him like that?" Junkyu asked. Jihoon's gaze darkened. "He deserves that for mistreating you!" Then he tugged at Junkyu's hand, "Let's go. Pests like him shouldn't be shown kindness!"

Junkyu silently obeyed and walked Jihoon home. The elder was amazed. Junkyu, who always played tricks to avoid him was actually taking him home! Did that mean the younger was trusting him at last?

Junkyu's room was small, provided that he was barely getting by after paying all the bills.

"You live alone?" Jihoon asked. Junkyu shortly nodded. "Your parents?" Jihoon asked again. But seeing Junkyu stiffen up, he retreated. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to butt in."

"It's okay..." Junkyu said, "Just a dark past." He went and brought along his first aid box.

When he was busy looking through the box, Jihoon took his time asking the next question, "So, you sing at the bar because you need money to live on?"

Junkyu briefly looked at Jihoon. His eyes were still tear stained. And the statement of Jihoon made them look dull, worn out, weighed down with a bunch of responsibilities, too much for his age. "Yes." He replied. He took out an antiseptic and some fresh cotton pads to clean the wounds on Jihoon's face.

"But it's unsafe." Jihoon said. Junkyu just sighed. "I know."

"No but seriously! What if things like what happened today happens to you again? If I'm not here, who would save you?" Jihoon insisted. Junkyu sighed a huge one. "Then I'd have to please him all night long until he lets me go." Junkyu spoke it in a terrifyingly monotonous tone, as if he had already done it a thousand times and the thing went way past grieving, attaininng a level of numbness.

"I'm sorry, Junkyu..." Jihoon softly spoke, "I don't know what you've been through," he touched the younger's cheeks with both hands, "But I'm not gonna let anything happen to you anymore!"

Junkyu let out a single drop of tear, but wiped it soon. "Let's get back to treating these wounds."

Jihoon held his hand back, "Just quit."

Junkyu closed his eyes, "Jihoon ah, I can't! I need to do this for my living!"

"We'll find something else for you to do!" Jihoon argued.

"Nothing else pays this well for this short time of service!"

"Of course there are other jobs with higher payment! We just need to find one!" Jihoon insisted.

"But I'm clumsy! And- and I suck at almost everything! How can I possibly keep my job? Huh? Besides God pitied me with this voice which I can use and live on my own so why are you trying to butt in!?" Junkyu became loud. And this silenced Jihoon. The younger realized his mistake of going off like that. So he just touched Jihoon's hand and said a 'sorry.'

"I just want you to be safe, Kyu." Jihoon softly started, "You can trust me. We can look for a better job together and you can quit only if you feel like you can keep doing the other one, okay?"

Junkyu sniffed, then nodded. Jihoon had a point. He wasn't gonna give up without trying at least.

And that's what they did. Jihoon found out some available jobs by searching through ads, leaflets and even going from store to store. Junkyu came and tried out some of those. Some were ok, but they hardly found any both meeting the short working period and high salary. However, Jihoon was quite persistent. Even Junkyu was amazed. No matter how disappointed and tired he got, Jihoon always inspired him, ignited the flame in him to work harder. It was Jihoon who taught him to be a better and a more outgoing person.

Their situation was such, they attended classes on their respective times. Then they got together to look for a job. They spent a long time behind that. At night, Junkyu had to go to the bar and guess what, Jihoon was there to protect him all the time. They were practically inseparable! Jihoon even forgot about his ex in the process of helping Junkyu. And the God gifted singer? Well since Jihoon was acting as a guardian angel for him, he eventually fell for him. He liked Jihoon's company, he fucking depended on him; like he acted as a coward kid at times. But then, in need, he'd remember what Jihoon taught him- be confident. No matter the obstacle, with belief in yourself, you can overcome it!

After searching for months came a day which brightened both of their lives! Junkyu recently applied for being a piano teacher of a very rich kid. Piano had long been forgotten by him, but Jihoon still convinced him to apply for that. In the end, with his unpolished but raw talent, he got the job. The pay was, surprisingly higher than what a normal piano teacher would get. Like it could easily get him by!

"Jihoon ah!" Junkyu came running to Jihoon who was busy looking through the ads on the newspaper with his specs on.

"Hmm?" Jihoon asked, not looking up. Junkyu shook him, "I got the job!"

Jihoon widened his eyes, "Hmm? Where?"

"The piano boy!" Junkyu smiled wide, "They confirmed me as the teacher!"

Jihoon jumped up in joy! They both had been praying hard for Junkyu to get the job even though the chance was low.

"Oh my God! Then you won't have to do anything else!" Jihoon high fived Junkyu first, then with the impact, hugged him. Junkyu smiled in the hug.

"It's all thanks to you!" Junkyu exclaimed, "I can't believe it! I really got the dream job Jihoon ah!"

Jihoon let go of the hug and cupped Junkyu's face. The smile on it, it glowed. Jihoon couldn't resist the urge to boop the cute nose of that glowing boy. So he did. Junkyu giggled at the action.

"Aww you're getting cuter each day!" Jihoon spoke out loud. Junkyu felt a little shy at that. He knew Jihoon found him pretty, but the elder barely showed that.

"Ah! I have to quit singing then." Junkyu left a sigh. Jihoon thought a bit, "Umm... Will you be sad?"

"A bit, maybe. After all, singing made me happy."

Jihoon sneaked his arms around Junkyu's neck, facing Junkyu who was almost of the same height as him "Hey, you can sing for me when we're together!"

Junkyu chuckled, "You make it sound as if you have time for that."

"Why not?" Jihoon shrugged.

"Well, you already wasted a lot of time helping me... Now you deserve some rest from me."

"Junkyu... Are you driving me away?" Jihoon pretended to be hurt, "After I just helped you?"

"No no no!!" Junkyu denied like crazy, "I just- I already bothered you so much! I want you to take a break! You deserve it!"

"What if I don't want a break, hmm?" Jihoon asked, "And don't you think you owe me something in return?"

Junkyu suddenly felt nervous. He trusted Jihoon with everything, but he was pessimistic. He gulped in fear. "What... do you want?" Slowly, he asked.

"You should know." Jihoon came a bit closer to Junkyu, "Why do you think I helped you all these times?"

"Huh... Because... You're kind?" Junkyu stepped back. Jihoon pushed him. "Kindness is limited, Junkyu. At least I'm not boundlessly kind, the way you are."

"Uh... Then... Uh... Cause you're my friend?" Junkyu was about to hit the wall. Jihoon smirked, "Friend? You think friends are this generous?"

"Jihoon ah.." Junkyu uttered in fear. His heart was beating fast. This couldn't be happening! The one he trusted the most wasn't gonna betray him, right?

"Why do you think I were with you every time?"

"Please don't say that you did it so that you get me in return!" Junkyu blurted out.

"Huh?" Now Jihoon stepped back. "I was joking, Junkyu. But what to mean by 'to get you in return'?"

Junkyu was sweating, breathing heavily. "I- I.. uh actually, it's like... I'm sorry." He looked down, his shoulders fallen.

"I did all those because I genuinely like you, Junkyu. Not because I had some ill motive." Now Jihoon was really offended. He did think the younger trusted him. It was insulting for him.

"I didn't mean it like that." Junkyu protested.

"Well that sounded so!" Jihoon spoke aloud. "Look, Junkyu. I know you had some rough days, but you can't do this to me, okay? At least respect the friendship we have, hmm?"

"Jihoon ah, I'm sorry, please-" Junkyu tried holding Jihoon's hand, but the elder jerked it off the grip and went to another room. Junkyu stood there for a while, helpless, confused, guilty. Reflecting on his deed for few minutes, he took little steps to go and apologise to Jihoon again.

He found the elder sitting on the couch, frowning. Junkyu slowly walked ahead and carefully sat beside him. Jihoon didn't move. So, he took the elder's hand in his own.

"Jihoon ah." He called. Silence. "I'm so sorry, I was nervous and I just spilled it like that. I honestly didn't mean what I said." Yep, silence again. "I trust you, really. I know you're always here to protect me. It's just my brain. It can't comprehend things fast. I hate it but I can't help it. Please don't misunderstand!"

Sigh. Jihoon just sighed. So, Junkyu continued, "I know I hurt you and I should not be forgiven. But you're all I have, Jihoon ah. I can't take it if you stay mad at me and... And hate me." His voice broke. And broke the stone inside Jihoon. He immediately engulfed Junkyu in a hug.

"I'm not mad, Junkyu. I'm just sad that you were nervous around me. Am I not close enough to you?"

Junkyu sniffed and shook his head, "No. That's not why I was nervous."

"Then?" Jihoon asked. Junkyu didn't speak. He looked at his own hands and just observed his fingernails.

"Junkyu?" Jihoon asked. He didn't know, Junkyu was feeling so scared to speak the truth.

"Hey, you can tell me anything. Promise, I won't blast off like before!" Jihoon assured. Junkyu looked up and sighed.

"I was nervous because you were so close to my face... I-"

"So?" Jihoon asked.

"I can't think straight if you're this close to me."

"Why? Do you like me?" Jihoon asked, straight forward. Junkyu looked like he had been hit with a truck. Jihoon didn't expect an answer, so he just put his hand over Junkyu's chest.

"The beating of you heart tells me yes." Then he inched close to Junkyu, "Retreat if you mean otherwise."

Jihoon took his time. He let Junkyu's brain think things through. But when seconds passed and the younger didn't back off, a smile spread on his lips. With the smile on, he softly pecked on Junkyu's lips. When he pulled away, he saw Junkyu's closed eyes, red face and flashy white yet shy smile.

"So you do like me." Jihoon whispered, sneaking his fingers through Junkyu's hand, "Good for me. Cause I like you too."

Junkyu kept smiling shyly. Jihoon took him in a hug. "You're such a precious soul, you know that?"

"Thank you, Jihoon ah." Junkyu spoke, spending a while in the hug, "Thanks for finding me and coming to my life."

Jihoon let go of the hug, holding Junkyu's hands, "It was you who brought me in. With that gorgeous and brilliant melody from day one."

"I just played the guitar. Others helped with all the instruments."

"Mm hmm... The melody was nice."

"We call it the overture." Junkyu said. "But it has a different meaning too."

"The melody?"

"No, the word."

"Like?"

"Like you behaving this way with me, I call it a romantic overture."

Jihoon chuckled, "You really love music, don't you? Lucky for you, you still get to be in touch with music."

"I'm glad. And it's all because of you." Junkyu snuggled close to Jihoon. He wouldn't have done it before, since he lacked the minimum courage to do so. But now that he knew Jihoon liked him back, he suddenly had this newly found right on Jihoon. Jihoon just confirmed it by kissing Junkyu's temple as he was brushing his hand through Junkyu's hair. In the end, the romantic overture took a turn into a still blooming, beautiful love story.

____________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.7K 188 21
Helloooooo Giyutan Oneshot book for all you lovely people! ^^ Guys. Please do not mind the first few chapters. They are vile. I swear. I SWEAR I IMPR...
673 30 9
some oneshots because i can't commit to a story to save my goddamn life so enjoy :) im mainly writing these cuz i feel like there isnt enough good pa...
1.8K 61 39
featuring some ships , angst, fluff, and general chaos I've never written haikyuu before so I'm kinda nervous but here goes nothing ig
526K 11.3K 45
some haikyuu content for you guys hope you enjoy! currently rewriting some of the earlier chapters so bear with me * next to the rewritten ones lowe...