"Overture"

Jihoon finds the bar singer attractive, follows him and tries to solve his problems

_______________________

Jihoon always hated breakups. They are nasty, painful, sad. And they make you lose someone who once meant the world to you.

Choi Hyunsuk, a small, talented young man. Jihoon loved him with all his heart. Hyunsuk did too. But every fairy tale faces a twist of fate. For them it was the mismatch of their personalities, the countless arguments about literally everything, the interference of 3rd parties and so on. They lost faith in each other and the more one wanted to hold on to the other, the more it hurt both of them. In the end, on one cold winter night, they talked and broke up. Honestly, it made Jihoon feel more relieved than sad. Still, he had his heart churning in pain once he hugged his ex boyfriend for the last time.

Jihoon walked on the cold streets, amidst all the snow; aimless. He had a place to go, yes, but not home anymore. The whole place would remind him of Hyunsuk.

Jihoon's body felt cold as he was out with minimum clothing on. He forgot to dress up warmly since his mind was occupied with so many things lately! He noticed a bar close by, stepped in and ordered beer. He needed to keep himself warm.

Though it started with the innocent intention of just warming up, Jihoon soon found solace in drinking. He kept ordering more and more, soon shifting from beer to vodka. He felt lightheaded. The pain lessened. The bar felt like home.

He was a bit tipsy when he first heard the faint melody of a guitar then the kind of orchestra played before a ballad. He looked for the source, found it soon on a small stage ahead of him. He was supposedly occupying a very desirable front row seat.

Jihoon saw a boy almost around his age holding the wooden guitar and playing the strings slowly. The melody was nice. Not too faint, not too loud. Jihoon felt comfortable. He paid attention to the music for a while, which he grew quite fond of. But surprising him, a mellow voice started accompanying the beautiful melody soon.

Jihoon watched in wonder, the boy seemingly in his twenties sing. The orchestra was nothing compared to the sleek, gorgeous voice coming out of its owner's lips. Darkness covered his face, but Jihoon could tell from the shape of his silhouette, he was a man of visual.

Jihoon leaned forward, to take a better look at the man. Was he purposefully hiding his face? Did he hold a secret behind the pretty tone of his voice? If so, what could that be?

Jihoon's logic not to involve with a stranger's life wasn't working well. He got curious. He wanted to see the face of the creator of the soothing melody. So he stayed until the man finished singing. There were barely anyone at the bar. Jihoon got his opportunity to monitor the singer's moves. He went backstage. Jihoon swiftly slid his slim body behind the curtains as well, unnoticed by anyone.

He quietly observed the mysterious boy packing his stuff. He wore tight leather jeans, a black leather jacket. God! He looked stunning! And Jihoon hadn't even taken a look at his face!

Jihoon saw the boy leaving through the back door. Clever, Jihoon came out and left through the front door. He didn't wanna get caught. He had to be sneaky and smooth.

Jihoon soon spotted the same boy again. He seemed to be a little taller, broader. He was walking slightly leaning downwards. Again, was he hiding himself?

Jihoon was being cautious, but the boy seemed to get a hunch. He stopped, and looked back instantly. Jihoon was quick to hide behind a wall. He took some seconds, then walked out. The boy started walking again. Jihoon took few more steps and the boy again looked back. This time, Jihoon wasn't as lucky. He got caught.