'Sleep Talk'

Jihoon records Junkyu talking in his sleep.

____________________________

Jihoon should not have watched 'The Nun' at 2 am in the morning, knowing fully well what a chicken hearted guy he is regarding these unearthly beings! He couldn't even finish half the film, he gave up like a coward, shaking from fear of even his own shadow! The calm and quiet night created a rather eerie environment and let's just say- Park Jihoon was about to piss his pants. He stood up, because no way could he sleep in his own room, all alone that night. He opened the door to his room, and it's a good thing that university dormitory rooms are adjacent, specially the one that belongs to his best friend, Junkyu. Jihoon and Junkyu had long given each other their room keys, which is why Jihoon could enter inside his friend's room without waking him up.

Junkyu's bed was a narrow one. And Junkyu was a broad guy. Even so, Jihoon would prefer to sleep by his side cause, well, he thinks his room will be haunted by the nun anyway.

So, he climbed on the bed, pushing Junkyu's hips with his one, trying to make space for himself.

"Junkyu!" He whispered, "Junkyu, move to that side! Let me sleep."

Junkyu didn't even move for a couple of pushes, which is normal for a deep sleeper like him. So, Jihoon started shaking him. At one point, Junkyu just groaned.

"Kim Junkyu! Move your ass over there!" Jihoon hissed. He was still scared, still looking here and there in fear of some cursed spirit, and the peacefully sleeping best friend of his didn't help.

"Ughhhh!" Mumbled a very annoyed. Junkyu, who fortunately moved. Jihoon quickly took the space, lied down and closed his eyes. But in his head, he only pictured the creepy scenes from the movie. He tried to think of something else, so hard- but in the end, gave up. He looked at Junkyu who was lying straight, with his hands resting on the stomach. Jihoon thought, that maybe human touch would help. So, he turned on his left and hugged Junkyu's torso.

It felt nice. The warmth, the sound of Junkyu's breath and the feeling of company. Jihoon hugged him tighter, put his head on Junkyu's chest. He felt at ease. Maybe Junkyu would kill him the next day, knowing that he was cuddled like that, but who cares at that moment? Jihoon needed to fall asleep.

For a few minutes, it actually worked. Jihoon was slowly forgetting those images, and gently falling asleep until Junkyu's breathing turned to snores- soft at first but then it grew louder. Since Jihoon's head was directly on his friend's chest, he could not but hear those arrhythmic, loud sounds.

It's like a truck moving with a broken engine, loud, rough and somewhat long. Jihoon, who was more surprised than annoyed, sat up. He looked for the source, and was taken aback when it came from his very best friend. He squinted his eyes open, focused with a frown and yes- Junkyu who had slightly parted lips was actually the one making those sounds. Like how?!

Jihoon listened carefully. If you try to imagine the sound of a siren but instead of the high pitched monotonous tone, it was of a car engine, coming out of a human voice. Like, it's so unique and so very loud! Jihoon had slept with Junkyu before, but he never heard them. Was it something new or was it always there, he was just too deep in sleep to notice?

Anyway, if Junkyu was snoring that way, shouldn't he be teased about it? And as a proof-

Jihoon took out his phone and went straight to open the voice recorder. He recorded a whole minute of Junkyu snoring like that, and giggled on his own thinking about the reaction of his dear friend the next day. He couldn't wait! He even took a video but it got interrupted mid way cause Junkyu turned.

And by turning, he stopped snoring too.

Disappointed, Jihoon locked his phone. He did get enough recordings to tease Junkyu to death, so he didn't mind that much. Junkyu left some extra space after turning, so he gladly fell down again, cuddling Junkyu from the side this time. He put his leg on top of Junkyu's, trying to hug him as closely as possible. He closed his eyes, ready to sleep, but the younger disturbed him again.

No, not snoring, this time, he talked.

"Stop... Don't... Ji-hoo..n."

Jihoon frowned, did Junkyu just call his name?

To listen carefully, he went closer, put his ear near Junkyu's mouth.

"Don't do this..." Junkyu clearly spoke, "Not.. there."

Jihoon frowned upon the shock. Junkyu was definitely dreaming, but why did it feel like he was dreaming about something inappropriate, and that it included-

"Ah- Park Jihoon!" Junkyu clearly said, his tone was unclear, his words were hard to process, but Jihoon was certain that the name belonged to him.

"Junkyu?" He asked, "What are you doing?"

"... No... Don't... Touch..."

"Huh?" Jihoon lightly shook his friend, "Junkyu, what's wrong? Touch what?"

"I like it." Junkyu said, clearler than ever. Now Jihoon was really concerned. He couldn't but think about weird stuff. Like touch what?? Why would someone stop you from touching them unless it's some place private? Like- and why would Junkyu say that he likes it even though he clearly is resisting?

Is it what he thinks? Is Junkyu actually dreaming about him? In that way?

"Kim Junkyu?" He called, this time in a whisper. He slowly brushed his palm over his friend's wide neck, just to check, "Do you like it now?"

"Ahhh..." Junkyu straight up moaned, and Jihoon removed his hand. Not to lie he was really surprised. Like he believed what they had was platonic but if Junkyu keeps dreaming about him then...

"... Soft..." Junkyu said again, his voice even more slurry. Jihoon feared that he would stop talking, so he quickly asked, "But it's hard actually."

He waited for a reply. And what he got- he never ever thought he'd get that.

"... So... Furry... Ruby Noona..." Junkyu made some weird purring sound though his lips, "Ji.. hoon... don't... Touch... Noona..."

Jihoon never felt thar stupid his entire life. He fell on his back again, staring at the ceiling like an absolute dumbass. He was fucked! Really really fucked! What was he thinking!? Junkyu was just dreaming about his cats and was calling him to stop petting them and there he was thinking about the nasty! He really should cleanse his mind!

He looked at Junkyu again, peacefully sleeping after ruining his mind almost! Like the audacity! Jihoon sighed big time. He forgot about the movie, forgot about the loud snores and even to fall asleep. In the depth of night, he cursed his stupid brain for almost jumping on his friend.

And when he was almost on the verge of crying, Junkyu turned again. This time, his limbs fell on Jihoon's and he carefully cuddled the man in his sleep. Jihoon stared at him blankly. Junkyu really had the prettiest sleeping face.

"Kim Junkyu! The man you are!" Jihoon whispered and then cuddled his best friend back.

-

Since I can't finish Fireflies' Love now, here's some Jikyu filler for those who miss them.

It's me. I miss them.

Hope you guys are healthy and happy❣️

A quick question tho- Are you scared of ghosts? Me: I'm not. I'm like never affected by horror movies.